Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 09-26-2010, 02:52 PM   #41
Mav Addict
Golden Member

Mav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud of

Ware with 3 sacks!....nice!
Old 09-26-2010, 02:54 PM   #42
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah...I wore my Ware jersey again....this time rewarded with an unbelievable game. It's pretty exciting to see the offense finally come alive. Bryant, Williams, and Austin are a deadly trio.

Last edited by DevinHarriswillstart; 09-26-2010 at 02:55 PM.
DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 02:58 PM   #43
Mav Addict
Golden Member

Mav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud of

Game. Ova!
Old 09-26-2010, 06:49 PM   #44
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Houston just lost their Super Bowl...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 08:34 PM   #45
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mav Addict View Post
Buehler job is secure for now

Good win Cowboys

Do this mean I should start the next GDT after the bye?
yes, it do mean that.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 08:52 PM   #46
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mav Addict View Post
Ware with 3 sacks!....nice!
When did he get the 3rd? The first two were obvious...he tackled Schaub (both due to great coverage). I think the third must have been when Schaub started the tuck the ball and run, then hesitated and got hit from behind? I thought the announcers said Ratliff got to him first, but maybe they gave it to Ware. Anybody know?
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 10:07 PM   #47
Mav Addict
Golden Member

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowbo...sack-hat-trick
Old 09-26-2010, 11:30 PM   #48
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Houston just lost their Super Bowl...
Surely beating the Colts was a much larger deal to the organization and the players than the cowboys, right? A non-conference game? And they still have a winning record... I doubt very seriously they took it that ("their super bowl") seriously (which is probably why they seemingly forgot how to play football today.)
Old 09-27-2010, 12:14 AM   #49
mavspwnage
Golden Member

mavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant future

So today was my first Cowboys road game. Can't say I'm disappointed. Had great seats too. I'll post pics when I get the chance.

I will say one thing, and that is the fact that I would find it hard to believe there is another venue in the NFL that has a better tailgating experience than the Texans have. Without a doubt it was probably the best tailgating I've seen for anything. I was very impressed. The setup was top class, the roads running through the blue lots were great.
Old 09-27-2010, 12:54 AM   #50
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

Kirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco View Post
Surely beating the Colts was a much larger deal to the organization and the players than the cowboys, right? A non-conference game? And they still have a winning record... I doubt very seriously they took it that ("their super bowl") seriously (which is probably why they seemingly forgot how to play football today.)
I think that's an example of something we fans do, that is, putting our own opinions into the minds of the players. I like the Texans, but I can't stand Texans fans. I think the "this is their Superbowl" argument is basically something for the Texans fans, who want desperately to be validated. The Texans fans I know basically spent this week either trash-talking or dismissing the Cowboys entirely, believing them to be beneath them now. It felt good to see my team but their fans back in their place. Once your team accomplishes something, then we can talk.
Old 09-27-2010, 01:17 AM   #51
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Points Week 1-2: 20
Points Week 3: 27

Rush Attempts/Game Week 1-2: 21
Rush Attempts Week 3: 27

Rush YPG Week 1-2: 69.5
Rush YPG Week 3: 101

FG-FGA Week 1-2: 2-4
FG-FGA Week 3: 2-2

Turnover Diff Week 1-2: -4
Turnover Diff Week 3: +3

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 03:10 AM   #52
mavspwnage
Golden Member

mavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant future

Here are my pics from the Cowboys-Texans game. My first road Cowboys game! It was a blast and the tailgating is top class.

http://s843.photobucket.com/albums/z...owboys-Texans/

Start from the last pic if you want to view them in chronological order.

Also, I don't know when this play occurred, but I noticed when I looked at it that my buddy and I are in the shot. We are just a blob, but that's us!

Old 09-28-2010, 12:02 PM   #53
Mav Addict
Golden Member

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavspwnage View Post
Here are my pics from the Cowboys-Texans game. My first road Cowboys game! It was a blast and the tailgating is top class.

http://s843.photobucket.com/albums/z...owboys-Texans/

Start from the last pic if you want to view them in chronological order.

Also, I don't know when this play occurred, but I noticed when I looked at it that my buddy and I are in the shot. We are just a blob, but that's us!

Nice pics bro!

I did not get any rep for this winning Cowboy GDT
Old 09-28-2010, 04:08 PM   #54
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Some might find this humorous...and yeah, the hate for the guy will cloud people's judgement.. but the Cowboys actually miss Bobby Carpenter right now. He is better in coverage than KB. Brooking's has really struggled in pass coverage this year.

I know everyone hates Carpenter, but he was very serviceable in coverage. Who would have ever thought that the trade in which the Cowboys gave up Carpenter would turn into a really bad trade at this point in the season..
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 12:56 AM   #55
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Striking Distance
Cowboys 1-2; Rest Of NFC East 2-2

The Cowboys entered the bye week with momentum following a dominant 27-13 win in Houston. They've exited it right in the thick of the NFC East, despite being 1-2 for the first time since 2002.

As the Cowboys get back to work Monday, they find themselves only a half-game behind all three rivals -- Washington, New York and Philadelphia are 2-2 -- in a muddled division.

Technically the Cowboys are a game-and-a-half behind the Redskins, who won the Sept. 12 season opener, 13-7. But the Cowboys will have a chance to nullify the Redskins' tentative tiebreaker later in the season, and Washington did them a favor Sunday by beating the Eagles, 17-12, in Donovan McNabb's return to Philly.

The Eagles not only lost sole possession of first place, their new starting quarterback Michael Vick did not return to the game with an apparent rib/chest injury.

Meanwhile, the Giants improved to 2-2 Sunday night by winning an ugly one over Chicago. New York knocked Bears quarterback Jay Cutler out of the game with an apparent concussion during one of its NFL-record nine sacks in the first half.

Back from a three-day weekend, the Cowboys are scheduled to practice Monday, a usual day off following Sunday games. Last week they got a head start on the Tennessee Titans (2-2), who lost to the Denver Broncos on a late fourth quarter drive, 26-20.
link

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 02:47 AM   #56
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3 View Post
Some might find this humorous...and yeah, the hate for the guy will cloud people's judgement.. but the Cowboys actually miss Bobby Carpenter right now. He is better in coverage than KB. Brooking's has really struggled in pass coverage this year.

I know everyone hates Carpenter, but he was very serviceable in coverage. Who would have ever thought that the trade in which the Cowboys gave up Carpenter would turn into a really bad trade at this point in the season..
Well we could have always resigned him after St. Louis cut him...

But yeah we have missed him on our passing packages, as sad as that is to say.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 02:50 AM   #57
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

And man is this division ever winnable or what? It's going to be an embarrassment if we don't manage to pull this off. The rest of the NFC East is looking incredibly mediocre. I guess the Giants shutting down an offense that we had trouble with is somewhat impressive, but I can't help but get the feeling that was the Bears showing their true colors today.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 11:35 AM   #58
ribosoma
Golden Member

ribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINtastic View Post
Well we could have always resigned him after St. Louis cut him...

But yeah we have missed him on our passing packages, as sad as that is to say.
To be fair, Sean Lee is our nickel LB and he was nicked up on the first punt of the season with a hamstring strain. Brooking is pretty awful in coverage, but the only reason he was out there was out of necessity. Lee will be back in that role this weekend, so we'll see what he brings to the table.
ribosoma is offline   Reply With Quote