Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 11-16-2012, 05:50 PM   #81
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

What we've seen so far goes a long way with showing the greatness of Carlisle. He's gotten Mayo to buy into the approach for the season. Mayo is buying in and wanting to get better. He's focused and I've seen different examples on and off the court where he's showing me he's in this 100% for the year.
Old 11-16-2012, 06:06 PM   #82
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Carlisle will fix his decision making.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 06:18 PM   #83
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Can't argue with 7th in the league in scoring. The Mavs need him to be Dirk's Robin, and I think he can be that guy. Hell, he is doing pretty well as the first option. His road stats is where he'll need to prove himself. Gotta win some road games. (course this goes for the rest of the team as well)

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 01:21 PM   #84
Simple_Like_That

Simple_Like_That is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Can't argue with 7th in the league in scoring. The Mavs need him to be Dirk's Robin, and I think he can be that guy. Hell, he is doing pretty well as the first option. His road stats is where he'll need to prove himself. Gotta win some road games. (course this goes for the rest of the team as well)

Totally agree. The only problem is that Collison doesn't seem a good player to pair with him. And I stay with my point that you guys should have another young bigman, with good amount of athleticism and with a lot of healthy days ahead of him. Kaman and Brand are not safe options to rely on and Wright is not strong enought to play the 5 against everybody... Marc (Gasol) would kill him.
Simple_Like_That is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 10:30 PM   #85
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Another solid game from Mayo. And how much easier will it get for him once Dirk is back? I'm VERY interested to see how/if he will need to adjust his game once Dirk is back and in game shape..

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 10:35 PM   #86
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike View Post
Another solid game from Mayo. And how much easier will it get for him once Dirk is back? I'm VERY interested to see how/if he will need to adjust his game once Dirk is back and in game shape..
Yeah, he's been ridiculously efficient for a guy who has to carry the scoring load on most nights... How's he going to look when a player like Dirk can take the pressure off of him? He should thrive, considering that he was almost selfless to a fault at times tonight - I don't really see any ego in Mayo, so I think he should mesh well (kind of an anti-Josh Howard).

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 11-17-2012 at 10:41 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 10:45 PM   #87
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Yeah, he's been ridiculously efficient for a guy who has to carry the scoring load on most nights... How's he going to look when a player like Dirk can take all the pressure off of him? He should thrive, considering that he was almost selfless to a fault at times tonight - I don't really see any ego in Mayo, so I think he should mesh well (kind of an anti-Josh Howard).
great stuff.

OJ went 5-9 at it seemed that at least a couple of those were bad bail out shots to beat the shotclock.

I agree that his game should mesh perfectly with Dirk's. Honsestly, I see his game as possibly meshing better with Dirk than Terry. The ONLY thing that "could" be an issue is if he stops attacking out of deference to Dirk...which I don't think Carlisle would allow.

OJ knows this team needs him to score.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 01:17 PM   #88
sig

sig is a jewel in the roughsig is a jewel in the roughsig is a jewel in the roughsig is a jewel in the rough

Aren't we glad that we did not sign Brandon Roy. That probably means Mayo would have gone somewhere else. If Mayo can stay consistent and add some rebounding and assists maybe he be comparable to this:

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/704/mitch-richmond

Of course then he'd have to be signed long term.
sig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 11:28 PM   #89
MavsFTR
Golden Member

MavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud of

I was thoroughly impressed by OJ tonight. He has played well the entire season, but tonight he showed his mettle. Really beginning to be a believer.
MavsFTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 07:14 AM   #90
ChileanMavsFan

ChileanMavsFan is a glorious beacon of lightChileanMavsFan is a glorious beacon of lightChileanMavsFan is a glorious beacon of lightChileanMavsFan is a glorious beacon of lightChileanMavsFan is a glorious beacon of lightChileanMavsFan is a glorious beacon of lightChileanMavsFan is a glorious beacon of light

He was great last night in the 4th and OT, showing some clutchness that this team desperately needs after Jet went to Boston. I really want to see how the Mavs are gonna handle late game situations in close games with Dirk, Mayo and Kaman, on paper they have more scoring potential that in previous years.

How much would it cost to sign Mayo to a long term deal?. 10-12mil a year? more?
ChileanMavsFan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
smc rulz