Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 07-31-2002, 08:32 PM   #81
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

Post this yet again because murph doesn't know how to read:

Since you have so much trouble reading, I've collected all my replies. Now tell me where I say all the things you claim I said (aside from the lone comment which I admitted to making, and which I also highlighted below).

I think Lance and many pro athletes use illegal performance-enhancing substances (to take themselves to the next level or to just keep up with the competition) but honestly I don't see what the big deal is. Nothing takes away from the fact that he's a great cyclist. Same thing with steroids in baseball - who cares (as long as they don't go around pusing it to others or publicizing it)? Just my .02.

I know someone who rides with Lance frequently and though he doesn't doubt Lance's uses of performance-enhancing substances, he doesn't let it affect his opinion of him as a cyclist or as a person.

---

Actually it's a known fact that most of the natural and NPC bodybuilding tourneys consist of juiced up contestants. It's pretty easy to bypass most steroid tests if you use one with a relatively short half life. But I do see your point though.

As for the comment on children idolizing these athletes, I agree but there's really nothing anyone can do about it. Fact is, many athletes have been using illegal substances for years but it is only now being brought to light. I try not to read all those anti-steroid and even anti-ephedrine articles..I just watch and enjoy the game. What athletes do in their own time is none of my business (and I don't think the media should be so quick to publish any and all "shocking" exposes). They're adult enough to make their own decisions, and I'm sure they're aware of the possible consequences of their drug use anyhow.. It's our duty to educate our children on what is right and wrong (just like if a child sees his favorite NBA player smoking and drinking or hears they got busted with weed..I don't think that's going to make them want to emulate them, especially if the parent tells them how harmful those things are).

---

As for Armstrong, the only one who really knows whether or not he's used performance-enhancing substances is himself (and maybe his team of physicians). Everything we say, hear, and read about is just speculation. So why bother arguing over something that none of us knows is 100% correct or incorrect? The man has done a lot for the sport in this country, has proven to be the best time and time again, and has overcome cancer. That's all I need to know.

---

I understand that murph but the fact that any drug test can be beaten means we don't know for sure whether or not he uses or doesn't. Many drugs are in and out of your system in a matter of days. I doubt any professional athlete (with the exception of ifbb pro bodybuilders) who uses drugs will take anything that will stay in the body for prolonged periods. This is how both college and professional athletes beat steroid testing (though non-scheduled "surprise" tests sometimes catch them in the act).

---

It's not a matter of being cynical - it's the truth. If you understood the various aspects and methods behind steroid use, you'd realize how easy it is to beat these tests. I knew several football and baseball players back in college who did two or more cycles a year. But none were ever caught, even after being tested. I don't know for sure if he uses them and am not 100% positive he doesn't. But to say that he doesn't and label that as truth is nothing more than an opinion since you don't really know either.

But do I think the media should be making it such a big issue? No. Like I said before, what athletes do to themselves in their own time is none of my business. I object to all these accusations only because I think it takes away from what the man has accomplished. That, and only that, should be the main focus.

---

There's no arguing with you is there murph? It's either your way or the highway.

---

How many times do I have to say that I don't think he uses them, but I also can't say 100% that he doesn't? Stop trying to spin my words around and make it sound like I'm accusing him of doping up. I simply stated the FACT that none of us know for sure whether or not he uses, and it's none of our business anyway.

---

Well this snide attack by you shows a lot about YOUR character. Especially since you decided to put a completely new spin on my comments to better fit your agenda. Never mind the fact that I stated repeatedly that I don't know if he does or does not use any kind of drug.

---

Ok fine I did make that statement. But I later said repeatedly that I do not KNOW FOR SURE if he uses. Deep down, I'm not sure if he does or doesn't. My gut feeling says he probably does, since many professional athletes do the same. But once again, I DON'T KNOW FOR SURE and have never said "Yes, Lance Armstrong uses blah blah blah." Do you know what an opinion is murph? No? I didn't think so.

---

Funny, I never stated that he DID or DID NOT do drugs, even in that comment you posted. I may have said at first that I suspect he may be using, but that obviously wasn't stated as a fact now was it. I went from stating an opinion, to stating the facts. The only fact being that no one but himself and his physicians know what he's on (if he's on anything at all).

No one is "assuming the worst" by questioning his drug use. Ok maybe the media is, by putting such a negative spin on everything. Drugs and sports go hand in hand. I have no problem with that and don't respect an athlete less just because he's on something.

---

Murph, it's hard to argue with someone who doesn't seem to read entire posts and must resort to personal attacks. D77 was banned for the same thing. I'm tired of your act and the way you treat members on this site. Keep pushing it murph..just keep pushing it.
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-31-2002, 08:34 PM   #82
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

You honestly think that saying someone DOES drugs as a FACT is the same thing as "it's possible someone MIGHT be doing drugs?" Whatever. Go ahead and keep replying with your repetitive dribble. It's obvious you just enjoy arguing for the sake of arguing.
Old 07-31-2002, 08:46 PM   #83
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

dj, i've heard about two hours of your trying to dig your way out of it.

bottom line, you contradicted yourself and then tried to dig out of it.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2002, 08:47 PM   #84
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

i'm sorry that you're bitter but if anyone should be bitter it would be me for you contradicting yourself and then trying to turn it on me... saying that english must not be my best language.. and then when i present examples, you go off again.

I will leave it at that because believe it or not, i am above doing what you have just done
Old 07-31-2002, 09:04 PM   #85
djb
Administrator

There's no point in arguing with you. Try to present a debate and you don't even bother to acknowlede the underlying points. Pathetic. If I'm wrong, then I'll say I'm wrong. Unlike you, I don't need to come off as some wannabe know-it-all blowhard who just ALWAYS has to be right on an Internet msg board. I could care less if I'm wrong..I see no need to "backtrack" because "winning" arguments isn't that important to me. I do however like to clarify my thoughts and post them as such, since I often type in a hurry and post without reviewing every little word. I explained my so-called contradiction and farther supported my statements with facts and logic in subsequent posts. I kept trying to put the drug issue to rest, yet you feel the need to keep dragging it back up (ironic since you claim to be against all the drug talk). However, I'm sure it makes you feel better about yourself, putting down others and their opinions without even spending 5mins to read them. From your irritatingly cocky and self-righteous attitude, to your rude and sarcastic remarks aimed at new members, to your pathetic need to pm members and "get them on your side" (oh yea, I know all about that)..your act is getting real old murph.
Old 07-31-2002, 09:05 PM   #86
djb
Administrator

Say bye-bye murph. I'm tired of you spinning words around trying to put down others while making yourself appear infallible. Go find another board to piss on.
Old 07-31-2002, 09:06 PM   #87
Fidel
Diamond Member

Fidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to behold

<< I think Lance and many pro athletes use illegal performance-enhancing substances (to take themselves to the next level or to just keep up with the competition) but honestly I don't see what the big deal is. Nothing takes away from the fact that he's a great cyclist. Same thing with steroids in baseball - who cares (as long as they don't go around pusing it to others or publicizing it)? Just my .02. >>

DJ, I understand your argument that it doesn´t matter. That´s why I say legalize the stuff. As long as it is illegal there is one problem. What about the athletes who don´t want to take drugs cause they are afraid of the negative aspects? I know some people in the triathlon scene here in germany. They have pretty much the same situation as cycling. You either do drugs or you´ve got almost zero chances to compete. That´s just not a good situation IMO. But if you do legalize it there´s another problem: where do you stop? There are allready scientists who are experimenting with genetic doping. Are there athletes who are willing to take THAT risk? I´m pretty sure there are.

<< It's not a matter of being cynical - it's the truth. If you understood the various aspects and methods behind steroid use, you'd realize how easy it is to beat these tests. I knew several football and baseball players back in college who did two or more cycles a year. But none were ever caught, even after being tested. I don't know for sure if he uses them and am not 100% positive he doesn't. But to say that he doesn't and label that as truth is nothing more than an opinion since you don't really know either. >>

Pretty good example is Rumsas who finished 3rd in this years TDF. His wife was caught with EPO and steroids for a whole army. Not even high tech stuff, just plain old steroids. When I first heard of the doping suspicions with Rumsas I thought he must have used high tech stuff. Why? He was tested 3 times during TDF. All 3 tests were negative.

<< There's no arguing with you is there murph? It's either your way or the highway. >>

Amen to that. And Murph, I don´t think you even read ONE articel of the ones I posted. Otherwise you couldn´t have said I have nothing to back up my opinion. It really is alot of stuff. And I also doubt that you know very much about cycling. Before 98 they were using drugs like EPO as if it was orange juice. A lot of drivers actually admitted that after the scandal of 98. They said they took that stuff cause everyone did it and they wanted
to compete. I posted some of the bigger names allready. The list includes Pantani, Virenque, Rominger, Morau, Frigo, Garzelli.
Fidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2002, 09:09 PM   #88
Murphy3
Guru

show me where i spun your words?
i quoted what you said.. that's not spinning your words
Old 07-31-2002, 09:10 PM   #89
Murphy3
Guru

you sat there and contradicted yourself. i'm not spinning anything.

just admit that you contradicted yourself.
Old 07-31-2002, 09:10 PM   #90
djb
Administrator

I'm tired of this. Good-bye.
Old 07-31-2002, 09:16 PM   #91
djb
Administrator

Fidel, since murph only likes to piss on members and doesn't actually read entire posts, there's no point in posting all those articles and links. For a while now I've wondered why murph was allowed to get away with so much shit (attacking members, multiple accounts, trying to get people &quot;on his side&quot; and take part in a walkout..yea I'm still pissed as hell about that episode), and after today's irritating encounter with him, I now see what everyone's been bitching about the last few months. I am NOT in the mood these days to deal with the murphs, joejoes, and d77s of the world.
Old 07-31-2002, 09:27 PM   #92
Fidel
Diamond Member

Fidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to behold

<< I am NOT in the mood these days to deal with the murphs, joejoes, and d77s of the world. >>

I totally understand this. That´s why I thought one of his last comments was pretty classless (I think you know which one).
Old 07-31-2002, 10:50 PM   #93
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of

i'm still reading through the thread... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]
Old 08-01-2002, 12:08 AM   #94
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of

Well you both repeated yourselves about 50 times. Murphy wanting DJ to &quot;admit to his statements&quot; and then to take back the accusation that he &quot;twisted&quot; words, and DJ wanting Murphy to stop forcefully, repeatedly, countering his replies, concessions, accusations, slams.

Really DJ, I have backed you up in just about everything you've ever done here - even when I was personally very unhappy with &quot;The Three&quot; getting banned. I stretch, if I have to, to see your point of view. I publically show my support of you. Now what is this? And the personal insults I see are coming from the snowman's side. If you had a point to make here, make it legitimately.

I clearly see that Murph's hard driving style of debating is more than many can stand. But it is common practice on this site for many of us to keep &quot;pushing the issue&quot; until the opposition clearly admits that they were &quot;wrong&quot; or &quot;said something they shouldn't have.&quot; Nothing happened today that was in any way out of the ordinary - except for dropping a ban for an exchange like this.

DJ shot at Murph's pride by posting insults about his ability to read, navigate the English language, and accusing him of &quot;twisting&quot; (perhaps because you're unhappy with Murphy for other reasons). Murphy didn't show DJ's pride any mercy when he did not acknowlege the concession (by then he wanted a retraction on the &quot;twisting words&quot; accusation). So, there was no ending the mess!

Academically speaking, Murphy is a master at debate. (Personally, I'd rather face a disgruntled Iraqi diplomat demanding the lifting of sanctions than a Murphy with a cause.) However, I understand that most individuals are not here to argue academically, and are not equipped to debate in that style.
Old 08-01-2002, 12:27 AM   #95
djb
Administrator

Point taken smiles. However, murph's banning was NOT solely the result of this thread. This was merely the culmination of all the crap we've let slide in the past. Do you deny the fact that he verbally berates members on a daily basis? Yes I do get complaints from users, and yes some have admitted to not posting because of the intimidation factor.

Murph also seems to think he runs this board. I've heard from SEVERAL members that he has pm'ed and/or e-mailed them to make sure they're &quot;on his side,&quot; in case of future incidents like this I suppose. So I suppose the mod team should brace ourselves for his &quot;posse's&quot; backlash. I've had heated discussions in the past with murph, and every single time he crosses the line, I simply let it go since hey, &quot;it's murph.&quot; But why should he be held to different standards then folks like joejoe and d77, who were booted for far less significant outbursts than murph's.

Also, the fact that he tried to stage a mass walkout the last time he was banned (while posting under another alias, something we automatically boot joejoe off for) and therefore take down the site still pisses me off to this day. I'm not going to let some prick take down something I've spent so much time, effort, and money on. He has no regard for anyone but himself, and that is why he will no longer be allowed back.

The last time we had a run-in like this, we corresponded via e-mail and he said he'd tone down his posts. Now I see he's not only changed for the worst, but he also now sees himself as some kind of authority figure here? &quot;Whipping the new members into shape&quot; and &quot;cleaning out the riffraff&quot; are his words. Sorry but I'm tired of his antics, and it's pretty obvious I'm not the only one. We've given him chance after chance and have let him get away with a lot more than anyone else here. But not any more.

I'm tired of logging onto the board or checking my e-mail only to find more complaints about his behavior. I'm sure you've chatted with him on numerous occasions and he's managed to sell himself as some target of mod abuse or whatever. That's laughable, especially since the mods for the most part let him to do whatever the hell he wanted to do. Whatever the case, the list goes on and on so I'll stop boring you now.
Old 08-01-2002, 01:37 AM   #96
Smiles
Diamond Member

<< Do you deny the fact that he verbally berates members on a daily basis? >>

he has scolded at length on many occasions.

<< Yes I do get complaints from users, and yes some have admitted to not posting because of the intimidation factor. >>

i'm sorry to hear this. when i came here from another site, i didn't post for a long time. the reason? i knew i would have to back up my statements - be accountable because the Murph was going to figure me out real quick. most of what i was posting over there was not based on anything credible. i just said whatever popped in my sports-weakly-educated head. that was completely acceptable at the other board, and that is why the other board is in such terrible condition. Somehow we've got to maintain our quality while bringing more balance and grace to the process. i am sorry to think that people with valid opinions and ideas would feel unwelcome to join the discussions.

Funny, I was just getting geared up to play like I run the board -just to rile some people. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Scratch that.

Yes, it is your time, effort and money that has gone into this site. You have to do what you feel is best for the site. Please consider what I mentioned above about the value of accountability in keeping this board at such a high standard. We could use more grace and diplomacy in accomplishing that task.

At the risk of being dubbed &quot;of his posse&quot;, I am going to say that I don't see how Murph has &quot;changed for the worst&quot; in his interactions with other posters. His words: &quot;Whipping the new members into shape&quot; and &quot;cleaning out the riffraff&quot; I remember these comments, and even played along with them. I'm sorry it seemed serious. Also, considering the Murph of a year ago and the Murph of today, I'd say he has mellowed a lot in the way he deals with other posters.

I'm sorry you've had to log in just to find complaints and negative emails. I can't imagine how disappointing that must be for you. You should not have to face that mess. I'd hate to see Murphy, and his positive contributions, gone permanently. And I don't want people to hang back when they should join in the discussions.

I have no idea how to close now. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-01-2002, 07:01 AM   #97
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

My two cents... Murphy can be a real pain mainly because he has a bulldog mentality. He just cannot let something go whether it is his beloved defense, defense, defense or in this case trying to get someone to &quot;admit&quot; they are wrong. But he does make it lively, I must confess.

Overall as long as there is not a lot of cursing and obviously over the top stuff, I can handle it.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2002, 07:39 AM   #98
Fidel
Diamond Member

The problem with Murph is that he pretends to know everything. Because of that arguing with him can be pretty bothersome. And smiles, I really do not think he is a master at debate. Someone who´s real good at it has everyone feeling good about the debate after it´s over, and still manages to get his way to a certain degree. To achieve that you have to listen, take into account what others say and sometimes make concessions. Murphy almost never does that, so no, he´s not good at debating. On the other hand he brings quality to this board (sometimes) and makes things lively. I can deal with his style and like him ok as a poster.
Old 08-01-2002, 10:29 PM   #99
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

This really isn't my fight, but I do want to chime in...

<< Point taken smiles. However, murph's banning was NOT solely the result of this thread. This was merely the culmination of all the crap we've let slide in the past. Do you deny the fact that he verbally berates members on a daily basis? >>

While I don't always agree with Murph's approach (or even his substantive points), I don't think he &quot;berates people&quot; on a daily basis. He does have a tendency to go after people who make comments that have no basis (and this is NOT a reference to this particular debate -- I am NOT taking sides on the Armstrong issue, because I could care less about that). I think that forcing people who can't support their opinions to reconsider them is usually a good thing. Murph and I have engaged in vigorous debates on a number of occasions, and sometimes he does sound like a broken record, but I never had a problem with anything he said, because I knew I could support the position I took.

<< Yes I do get complaints from users, and yes some have admitted to not posting because of the intimidation factor. >>

Murph may be many things, but he's not intimidating.

<< Murph also seems to think he runs this board. >>

I think Murph cares passionately about the board being the best Mavs board out there. Does he sometimes act like he owns the place? Yeah. I can see how that might rub you the wrong way. But the other regular posters here seem to keep him in check just fine, and it's not like Murph is mean or nasty to anyone -- just a bit too persistent at times.

<< I'm not going to let some prick take down something I've spent so much time, effort, and money on. He has no regard for anyone but himself, and that is why he will no longer be allowed back. >>

I truly enjoy this message board, and think it's unquestionably the best Mavs board going. I don't think, however, that Murph has ever really wanted to take this board down. I think he cares passionately about making it the best board possible. It's your board, and you certainly have a right to do whatever you want, but I don't think banning Murph is really in the best interest of the site.

Old 08-02-2002, 08:40 AM   #100
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

I agree with what KG said.

I will only add one thing. I don't see anything that Murph has said or done other than being Murph. He didn't insult anybody; he was just hard-headed and won't let thing go. Without Murph, this place can be pretty quiet. I guess it is the lack of shouting.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2002, 08:47 AM   #101
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

ditto.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2002, 09:13 AM   #102
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

If the people that fuss about murphy were willing to post nearly as much or have as much energy as he did this board would be very,very stimulating. However they do not. Nor do I think they will &quot;begin posting&quot; now that big bad murph is no longer on the board. They will continue to lurk and offer little.

Not that it matters much, but I disagree with banning someone who does not curse or make personal insults. They can disagree all they want, but that is always a two way street. Murphy disagrees with yourself and then instead of letting it go, you have to come back and argue with him. Who is at fault, with the pace of this argument both of you should be banned as I see the back and forth was due to both sides.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 08-02-2002, 09:34 AM   #103
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

Generally, I don't think a mod should be able to ban a member as the result of a conversation they had with that member. I mean, I rag on that cult of ass-grabbing Aggies all the time and don't expect Rhylan to ban me for it. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Sure, the obvious insults and racial remarks should result in a banning. But this is not the case. If DJ thinks Murph should be banned for conduct that is, at most, questionable, then he should ask the opinion of the other mods. If that was done in this case, I apologize. Otherwise, perhaps we should reconsider.

Of course, my point is kinda moot because this is DJ's board and he can do whatever the hell he wants. He could change the topic of the board to angry cats and make us all wear frilly pink dresses if he were so inclined.

DJ, please don't make us wear frilly pink dresses.

And please don't make us discuss angry cats like this one.

At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Old 08-02-2002, 09:52 AM   #104
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

<< If DJ thinks Murph should be banned for conduct that is, at most, questionable, then he should ask the opinion of the other mods. If that was done in this case, I apologize. >>

As with every case, DJ and all the mods come to a collective agreement before any action is take in any givin situation. As was the case here.

Murphs banning wasn't simply for what accured in this thread alone but rather a combination of events over the last couple months. Murphs always been &quot;above the law&quot; so to speak when it comes to this board. Which had lead to complaints from other members to the mods. Thus ending in the action taken this week.

Murphs banning was a cumulative desision in which DJ had our backing 100%.

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2002, 10:10 AM   #105
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the insight Rob. A great number of the &quot;regulars&quot; are upset about this to be sure. Murph does bring quite a bit to the board and it has to be obvious that the forum will not be the same without him. I hope this isn't a permanent thing and that he can return very soon.

With that said, it is DJ's board and unless he sells it to me or asks my opinion on the matter, I'll just shut the hell up now.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2002, 10:20 AM   #106
dude1394
Guru

<< Thanks for the insight Rob. A great number of the &quot;regulars&quot; are upset about this to be sure. Murph does bring quite a bit to the board and it has to be obvious that the forum will not be the same without him. I hope this isn't a permanent thing and that he can return very soon.

With that said, it is DJ's board and unless he sells it to me or asks my opinion on the matter, I'll just shut the hell up now.
>>

'Nuff said..
Old 08-02-2002, 10:35 AM   #107
Dooby
Diamond Member

Thanks for answering my question.

Old 08-02-2002, 10:51 AM   #108
The Crippler
Diamond Member

The Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant future

That is FUCKING BULLSHIT, and I think all of the moderators here are fucking PUSSIES!!! Grow some balls!

You banned someone b/c he disagrees with you and proves you wrong? Well, dj, that makes you are a pussy in my eyes!! I don't give a fuck what Rob's lame-ass excuse says either. Neither you or Rob like Murph, that has been obvious for the last few months. But you see, Murph won't come back with 29 other handles like you let RCF do, he has more class and respect for this board than others like him. But you ban him??? Makes you both look like a bunch of whiny little bitches.

You did say you thought Lance used drugs, murph proved you wrong, you threatened him with banning, then banned him...PUSSY move! Fuck this board...

This is my opinion, ban me as well if you would like. If you do, it will just prove that you both are going to have a tough time in the real world away from &quot;message board land&quot; b/c there are going to be a lot of people out there that disagree with your opinion or rub you the wrong way.

You ban the person that basically kept this struggling board alive over a year ago? Smart move fellows...I think the adage is &quot;cutting off your nose to spite your face&quot;...

That is all.
"I say 'Hey Lama, how about a little something ya know', for the effort?' And he says 'oh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that going for me...which is nice."
The Crippler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2002, 12:21 PM   #109
djb
Administrator

That's really funny Crippler. Of course we all hated him right? Because isn't that the bullshit he's been telling everyone since Day 1? Why don't you go read all the damn conversations I've had with him via pm and see for yourself. I've always been nothing but patience with him, even back in the LAMOO days when I allowed him back under the murph alias. Every single time I've tried to be objective and unbiased when dealing with him - though yes I will admit I did choose to overlook SEVERAL offenses on his simply because &quot;he's murph.&quot;

You wanna bitch and whine about guys like joejoe yet you fully support him in doing the exact same thing. Last I recalled, he DID come back under a couple new aliases when he was banned last, knowing full well that wasn't tolerated with joejoe. Yet we let him slide. Why? Because &quot;he's murph.&quot; Whatever. And if you deny the fact that he's constantly pm'ing people to make sure they're &quot;on his side&quot; and will do and back whatever he says, then you're pretty fucking blind yourself. He tried to singlehandedly take this site down the last time he was banned, and for that he should never have been allowed back. But once again, it's murph so it's ok right?

Maybe this wasn't the best time to ban him, since as you said he did nothing &quot;ban-worthy&quot; in this thread specifically. But this was obviously a long time coming. Constantly bitching about me and the rest of the moderators for treating him like he really was above the rest of you, acting like he owns the place by ragging on new members (so you say he's just being murph and joking? funny how it doesn't work the other way around when someone says something sarcastic to him..would you like to look all the past complaints he sent via pm regarding &quot;questionable&quot; posts?)..yea I'm sure we were going to let that continue.

You could think what you want and do what you want about our decision. We've done nothing but bend over backwards keeping him happy in the past, but that's the end of that. My convos with him alone the past few weeks have already left a bitter taste in my mouth in regards to the purpose and direction of this site. Before all the bitching and whining, I loved this site like a baby. Now (post-joejoe, and post-murph especially), I could care less. I had grand plans of switching software platforms, new designs, new areas..but right now I'd also be content to just pull the damn switch. Getting dozens of bitter e-mails and complaints a week for something that isn't a right (as some members claimed this site to be) but rather a privelage is just sickening.
Old 08-15-2009, 02:46 PM   #110
Murphy3
Guru

things that go "bump" in the night.
Old 01-14-2013, 09:21 PM   #111
Fidel
Diamond Member

Nice bump there Murph. Fun thread huh?

http://espn.go.com/sports/endurance/...ey-report-says
Old 01-15-2013, 01:03 AM   #112
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Damn...what a blast from the past. Murph used to be the sheriff in this town, didn't he?
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 02:22 AM   #113
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

Cheater.

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 04:48 PM   #114
Scoobay
Golden Member

Scoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant future

wow - that was an enlightening historical lesson about this msg board and i only read the last page of posts...

Dr Bio, Smiles, Dooby, LoneStarRob... legends. <sniff>
Scoobay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 10:23 AM   #115
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future

Oops.
aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 08:17 PM   #116
Fidel
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobay View Post
wow - that was an enlightening historical lesson about this msg board and i only read the last page of posts...

Dr Bio, Smiles, Dooby, LoneStarRob... legends. <sniff>
The fun part really is page 1. One could read it and watch Oprah at the same time and have a good laugh. There has been an even better thread about the same topic that i can´t seem to find.
Old 01-17-2013, 11:38 PM   #117
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future

I wonder if any of the original defenders will come back and admit they were wrong. I highly doubt it.
aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 01:19 AM   #118
dude1394
Guru

Wong n saying that he had never been caught? Obviously everyone who said he wasn't was wrong, but the evidence was on their side.

Ask me if I still care, not really. It's obviously a doping sport. You dope or you lose.
Old 01-18-2013, 10:24 AM   #119
Murphy3
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg View Post
Damn...what a blast from the past. Murph used to be the sheriff in this town, didn't he?
This place was rocking the majority of the time from 2001-2006 or so. We had people joining the site on a weekly basis just showing up to throw some gasoline on the fire. The members were hard core and self-moderated this site. The battles between respected board members were just as epic and often cut throat.. It really was a so much more volatile board back then.. but in a good way. The debates were awesome even though they did get out of hand from time to time. But things usually cooled down quick enough. It's odd.. It the volatility/intensity on this site pretty much paralleled the rise of the Mavs. Why did it die out? I suppose some of it died when the Mavs lost to the Heat.. some of it died along the way as many of the original members moved on for various reasons such as getting out of college and starting their career.. getting a family.. or whatever. Some of it died simply because it's near impossible to maintain that type of intense environment on a message board for a long time. I know I got burned out quite a bit. I just don't have the fight in me very often anymore when it comes to Mavs related stuff.
Old 01-18-2013, 11:52 PM   #120
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

What a douche.

Forget the cheating, all the lawsuits and name calling.. he looks ridiculous now.

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
he aced the tests, murphy's good ol' days