Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 01-18-2012, 11:33 AM   #2801
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

50/50 was excellent. Probably going to watch Ides of March this weekend.
Old 01-29-2012, 05:49 AM   #2802
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Warrior- Solid movie, definitely enjoyed it, pretty emotional even though it was somewhat predictable to me.

Courageous- Had heard good things about it and felt like it lived up to it. Very sad throughout, but a good story, inspiring with good values. Was a bit long, but I would definitely recommend to all fathers out there.

Hall Pass - Other than a few funny parts it was pretty terrible, not worth the time.

The Great Debaters - I'm a huge Denzel fan, yet somehow had never seen this movie. Deep plot, good story, worth watching.

Going to watch Drive and 50/50 in the next day or two.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 11:55 PM   #2803
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

I just watched The Beaver with Mel Gibson and Jodie Foster.. I've gotta say that it was thoroughly enjoyable. I'm not sure it's a movie that I'd want to see more than once, but I was completely enthralled throughout the entire movie. When Gibson is on.. he's freaking on. And I've always loved me some Jodie Foster..Maybe my favorite actress of all time.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 04:52 PM   #2804
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Lars and the Real Girl.. Watching it for the first time.. absolutely love this movie. If you're a Gosling fan, you need to check out The Believer and The Slaughter Rule.
Old 07-05-2012, 08:04 PM   #2805
Murphy3
Guru

Super.. Awesome movie.
Old 07-05-2012, 09:10 PM   #2806
Ninkobei
Platinum Member

Ninkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant future

Re-watching the Firefly series. So good. Didn't realize Joss Whedon later went on to write/direct the Avengers. Yep, same guy
Old 07-05-2012, 10:10 PM   #2807
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninkobei View Post
Re-watching the Firefly series. So good. Didn't realize Joss Whedon later went on to write/direct the Avengers. Yep, same guy
Awesome show. Firefly, we barely knew you.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 03:55 PM   #2808
Murphy3
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernardos70 View Post
50/50 was excellent. Probably going to watch Ides of March this weekend.
I enjoyed 50/50 as well. solid movie. Haven't seen Ides of March. How was it?
Old 02-15-2013, 06:08 PM   #2809
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

I´m watching " The Blob " right now. Version 1958 with Steve McQueen.
Old 02-20-2013, 09:09 AM   #2810
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Rewatched "The Rock" with Sean C. and Nic Cage. Not bad for a pure action flick. Cage at his maniac best.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 12:27 PM   #2811
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Finally got around to watching The Hobbit recently. Better than I thought it would be based on some of the bad reviews I read. Good music and a fun kids movie that was a bit long. It did have some flaws though like :SPOILER: Why didn't the eagles just carry the Dwarves to the Lonely Mountain from the beginning? :SPOILER: Other than that though, I enjoyed it...especially for a big budget, broad adventure type of movie.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 10:19 AM   #2812
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

Old 02-25-2013, 02:56 PM   #2813
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

I just watched the documentary " The Iran Job ". It´s about a US-Basketball-Player, who signed with an iranian team. Pretty good movie.

Last edited by GermanDunk; 02-25-2013 at 02:56 PM.
GermanDunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 06:34 PM   #2814
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

I watched a docu yesterday about how "Hollywood sacked Ceaucescu". It is about guys who smuggled movies into Romania and let them roll in front of an audience secretly. Their problem was, a VHS-recorder cost 55000 Lei, as much as a new car. And the man made 3000 Lei on one evening where the monthly wage was about 2000.
Quite interesting to see for a westerner how people in other parts of the world had to bridge problems.

Tags
annoying thread title, cadfail goes to work, flash fluff warning, got a bit fluffy in here, inception geeks..., stupidgookisstupid, what the fluff?