Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 08-31-2003, 09:53 PM   #1
Tony tha Mavs fan

Tony tha Mavs fan is on a distinguished road
Default How about Robert Edwards for the Cowboys?

I saw that among those players cut, Robert Edwards was among the Veterans who are looking for a team right now, with Miami having a log jam at RB. Watching Edwards play this Preseason showed me alot about his character, and willingness to do what it takes to become a real player in this league. I think the Cowboys should do what it takes to bring him on this team.

Sure this team has Hambrick, and i'd be willing to go with him, but he does at times need a little pick me up to keep him motivated. The perfect person to keep Hambrick from going stale, is Robert Edwards. I think Edwards could start for this team, he was second only to Tommy Maddox in comeback player of the year voting, and has shown last year that his knee is ready to go . If I were the GM of the Cowboys I'd bring him here , he could really help the Cowboys out at RB.

Old 08-31-2003, 10:29 PM   #2
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

He had probably the nastiest knee injury I've ever seen. It is amazing that he can play today. that kind of resolve alone would give me enough comfort level to take a waiver on him. He could turn into a gem. who knows?
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2003, 11:17 PM   #3
Just211
Platinum Member

Just211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to all
Default RE: How about Robert Edwards for the Cowboys?

yeah tony, i really like Edwards too. I hope the boys take a chance on him.
Also, another interesting cut is that the Bengals cut safety Lamont Thompson. He was their 2nd rnd pick last year, and was highly touted behind Williams and Ed Reed in that draft.
Old 08-31-2003, 11:28 PM   #4
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

The Boys aren't going to pick up any vets until after the 1st game of the season - the rules on guaranteed contracts will make them wait a week.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2003, 11:42 PM   #5
Tony tha Mavs fan

Tony tha Mavs fan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by: MFFL
The Boys aren't going to pick up any vets until after the 1st game of the season - the rules on guaranteed contracts will make them wait a week.
thanks for the info MFFL, Parcells did go on record to say he's looking into the waiver lines for players, I hope the Cowboys can pick him up next week.
Old 09-01-2003, 08:56 AM   #6
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally posted by: MFFL
Excellent point. I had forgotten about that.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2003, 02:37 PM   #7
DNNF
Golden Member

DNNF will become famous soon enoughDNNF will become famous soon enough

I think it's depending on where the cowboys are on the waiver list. I think N.O is also interested in him as back up to Deuce McCalister since they just released K. Carter.

DNNF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2003, 10:15 AM   #8
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: How about Robert Edwards for the Cowboys?

the lesson here is don't play beach football.