Dallas-Mavs.com Forums
Old 09-01-2003, 03:12 PM   #1
Tony tha Mavs fan

Tony tha Mavs fan is on a distinguished road
Default WOODY DANTZLER CUT

Dantzler Cut; New CB Claimed
With so many injuries to the cornerback position, the Cowboys couldn't afford to keep Woody Dantzler around, waiving him Monday to sign a rookie cornerback. The Cowboys claimed Jemeel Powell, who was recently waived by the Lions and added him to the 53-man roster. The Cowboys are finalizing their five-man practice squad, which could include Dantzler if he goes unclaimed by the rest of the league. More details to come.

Old 09-01-2003, 03:28 PM   #2
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

I hope Woody comes back on the practice squad. That had to be a vey tough cut for Parcells.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2003, 03:36 PM   #3
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

mavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of light
Default RE: WOODY DANTZLER CUT

Woody is good. But again I am blindly supporting Parcell's decisions now.
Old 09-01-2003, 04:38 PM   #4
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

I liked Woody a lot - he'll catch on with some team in the NFL
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2003, 04:56 PM   #5
ames7
Diamond Member

ames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to behold

Don't think there's much hope he'll make it through waivers. Versatility is valuable.
Old 09-01-2003, 05:28 PM   #6
QCarFan
Golden Member

QCarFan can only hope to improve

I agree with MFFL and ames7, Woody will likely get claimed because he is a versatile player. And those type of players are very valuable to teams, and I believe he will be claimed and will catch on to some team in the NFL. He will definitely be on someones final 53 man roster, and I think he is a pretty good player.
Old 09-01-2003, 05:50 PM   #7
Tony tha Mavs fan

Tony tha Mavs fan is on a distinguished road

I really love Woody Dantzler's game , his overall athletism will be noticed by many teams . Especially those teams who need a quality punt/Kick off returner. I guess Parcells thinks Zuriel and Swinton are good enough to be the main returners on this team, and I think they've shown this preseason that they are indeed capable of doing that job. I hope the Cowboys can keep Dantzler on the Practice Squad , but I think another team might pick him up. Wherever he goes i'm still gonna root for him.
Old 09-02-2003, 12:19 AM   #8
Rod1975
Golden Member

Rod1975 is on a distinguished road

Unfortunately Woody needs to find a position and stay there before he will find a spot on someones roster.
Lets not forget that he was a QB in college, he's been bouncing around being a utility player. He needs to specialize.
He's not particularly fast, but he's crafty, so he might make a good pr/kr.
If there were still true slotbacks in the NFL he'd be perfect for that.
Woody is a good football player, but in the NFL, you have to specialize.
Old 09-02-2003, 02:11 PM   #9
QCarFan
Golden Member

QCarFan can only hope to improve

I think it is the teams responsibilty to put him at the best possible position for him to suceed at.
Old 09-02-2003, 03:34 PM   #10
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

I'm not sure how Woody could've specialized when he was a qb in college but with Campo he turned into a halfback and now he is supposendly a safety. I'm not sure if thats Woody's doing.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2003, 03:52 PM   #11
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

Parcells admitted that Woody got cut because of a numbers game and injuries at other positions. parcells was hopeful that he would stick around.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2003, 03:58 PM   #12
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

He must be very high on Smith because I would've kept Woody over him.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote