Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 09-04-2003, 01:52 PM   #1
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold
Default Armstrongs to divorce. Sorry to hear it.

Posted on Thu, Sep. 04, 2003

Lance Armstrong, wife to divorce
Associated Press

AUSTIN, Texas - Five-time Tour de France champion Lance Armstrong and his wife have separated and will divorce.

Armstrong and his wife, Kristin, separated two weeks ago, soon after moving back to Austin from Girona, Spain. The couple is currently working on reaching a divorce settlement, while maintaining separate homes in Austin.

"The craziest thing is, we're closer now and better friends than ever before," Lance Armstrong said the Austin American-Statesman in Thursday's editions. "We're truly committed to maintaining a good relationship, but not a marriage."

Lance Armstrong overcame cancer on his way to five Tour wins. When he won his fifth straight Tour in July he tied the record held by Spain's Miguel Indurain.

"They tried, over the whole summer period, to reconcile," Jogi Muller, a spokesman for Armstrong's U.S. Postal Service team, told The Associated Press. "But somehow, now in the month after the Tour, it just didn't work out. They tried probably for the children, for themselves."

Muller said that the couple had originally planned to stay in Europe through mid-September, but decided to return home early.

The couple, who have been married for five years and have three children, announced in February that they had been separated for a month. They later reconciled.

MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-04-2003, 01:59 PM   #2
FishForLunch
Platinum Member

FishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of light

I guess she was tired of always being second to his profession of cycling. The woman needs to loved and taken care off. Maybe she will find somebody else who will devote all his time to her.
FishForLunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2003, 02:19 PM   #3
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Sad news.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2003, 02:31 PM   #4
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

That's really sad to hear.
Old 09-04-2003, 02:53 PM   #5
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

some wild speculation fishforlunch
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2003, 03:10 PM   #6
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by: FishForLunch
I guess she was tired of always being second to his profession of cycling. The woman needs to loved and taken care off. Maybe she will find somebody else who will devote all his time to her.
Old 09-04-2003, 03:20 PM   #7
FishForLunch
Platinum Member

FishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of light

I am sorry I forgot people on this board dont speculate, my bad
Old 09-04-2003, 05:12 PM   #8
Ummmmm Ok
Platinum Member

Ummmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to all

Quote:
"They tried, over the whole summer period, to reconcile," Jogi Muller, a spokesman for Armstrong's U.S. Postal Service team, told The Associated Press. "But somehow, now in the month after the Tour, it just didn't work out. They tried probably for the children, for themselves."
I thought cycling *sitting on a bike seat all day, every day* made it difficult to have children? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

I am just glad that even though marriage didn't work, that they are still going to remain really close and remain very very good friends as well as good parents.

p.s. Sorry about the Children comment, I had too. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Too many leaders act as if the sheep.. their people.. are there for the benefit of the shepherd, not that the shepherd has responsibility for the sheep. Ken Blanchard

What we think determines what happens to us, so if we want to change our lives, we need to stretch our minds. Wayne Dyer

These are things that I read and live by!
Ummmmm Ok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2003, 05:18 PM   #9
Drbio
Banned

Umok- they had the kids through artificial insemination.
Old 09-04-2003, 08:41 PM   #10
ames7
Diamond Member

ames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to behold

That's too bad. Glad to hear it was amicable though.
Old 09-05-2003, 12:30 AM   #11
Rod1975
Golden Member

Rod1975 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
"The craziest thing is, we're closer now and better friends than ever before," Lance Armstrong said the Austin American-Statesman in Thursday's editions. "We're truly committed to maintaining a good relationship, but not a marriage."
ugh, I'll never understand how people can do that...all my breakups make me dislike her.....maybe its just me...

I think she did feel like second fiddle, after all most Texas women are wannabe princesses anyway.
Old 09-05-2003, 01:36 PM   #12
signoftimes

signoftimes is on a distinguished road

Doc- Love the chart

Wasn't Lance's wife posting messages on his website about how bored she was and how she wanted a divorce. I believe she was doing this in the middle of the tour. I'm sure she had some legitimate complaints, but to post them on the net in the middle of the biggest race of the year is immature.
signoftimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2003, 04:15 PM   #13
FishForLunch
Platinum Member

SOT you better be careful, the guys on this board are a sensitive bunch.
Old 09-05-2003, 11:44 PM   #14
Drbio
Banned

signoftimes- I had not heard that. if it is true, that would be unfortunate.