Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 08-21-2005, 09:25 PM   #1
snoop

snoop is a jewel in the roughsnoop is a jewel in the roughsnoop is a jewel in the rough
Default Jacob Rogers

I just wanted to vent about what a idiot this gut is. He has a chance to start in the NFL and turns it down to have surgery. This guy is such a coward, I hope the Cowboys do sever ties with him.
Old 08-21-2005, 09:35 PM   #2
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Jacob Rogers

Hold on.....if the man is truly hurt you cannot blame him. He is at worst very unlucky though.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2005, 11:01 PM   #3
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

The only blame to pass around goes to the Cowboys for drafting him. He was well-known to be very soft with quite a history of injuries.

For the Cowboys' sake, I hope he gets himself into decent physical condition. But I'm not holding my breath.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2005, 12:01 AM   #4
snoop

snoop is a jewel in the roughsnoop is a jewel in the roughsnoop is a jewel in the rough
Default RE:Jacob Rogers

hes hurt but not unable to play, the man just wont take the chance.
Old 08-23-2005, 12:07 AM   #5
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by: snoop
hes hurt but not unable to play, the man just wont take the chance.
How in the hell would you know this? Oh that's right....you don't.
Old 08-23-2005, 07:57 AM   #6
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Well, it's not everyday you have a team saying scans were negative, it's a minor injury, and then the player opts for surgery.

Obviously no one knows the full story, but it certainly does sound fishy.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2005, 11:41 AM   #7
Drbio
Banned

Sounds fishy? OK....but dont rail on the guy for being hurt. You've never heard of physicians not being able to diagnose an injury and then years later it was something that seems obvious? Happens all the time.
Old 08-23-2005, 12:10 PM   #8
snoop

jerry said he had hoped that he could play through the injury because lots of players DO. Jones I'm sure was well imformed to the injury and would not endanger such I high pick if he didn't think it was safe. this is the best way to know how bad it was. Do you really think if he was just truly hurt they would be this upset?
Old 08-23-2005, 01:35 PM   #9
Drbio
Banned

Again....you and I ....WE...do not know the level of the injury. To aril on someone fornot playing injured is shortsighted and obtuse.
Old 08-23-2005, 09:14 PM   #10
snoop

Quote:
Originally posted by: Drbio
Again....you and I ....WE...do not know the level of the injury. To aril on someone fornot playing injured is shortsighted and obtuse.
so r u saying jerry dosnt know?
Old 08-24-2005, 01:26 PM   #11
snoop

rogers was cut.
Old 08-24-2005, 02:18 PM   #12
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

You knew this was going to happen. Bill didn't trust him anymore......it was over when he missed the practice with his shoulder.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005, 01:12 AM   #13
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

Cowboys cut more 1st and 2nd rounders than anybody I know. Goodness. Do they not realize how bad our drafts are looking year by year?

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005, 12:48 PM   #14
snoop

Quote:
Originally posted by: FilthyFinMavs
Cowboys cut more 1st and 2nd rounders than anybody I know. Goodness. Do they not realize how bad our drafts are looking year by year?
good article about that on Dallascowboys.com
Old 08-25-2005, 01:19 PM   #15
Drbio
Banned

I don't blame them for cutting him at all. If he can't play he can't play....but noone outside of Rogers himself knows what his true injury status was.
Old 08-25-2005, 04:58 PM   #16
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

I am not sure it was the injury that was the biggest problem. I got the idea it was the "desire". Seemed like he didn't have the desire to play through the pain that Bill/Jerry thought he should have had.

I agree though, that only Rogers himself knows what the true status is. Maybe he just doesn't have a high tolerance for pain, or maybe the injury is far more severe than what they were seeing on film.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005, 05:18 PM   #17
capitalcity
Diamond Member

capitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant future

Mark Stepnoski has a good pain remedy. If Rogers really gave a shit about the team he would've tried anything and everything to get back on the field.

The Boys are better off.
Old 08-25-2005, 08:39 PM   #18
jfossee

jfossee is on a distinguished road

Rogers is a 300 lb puss! I do recall Emmitt playing with a seperated shoulder!
jfossee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005, 08:42 PM   #19
jfossee

For the size of the signing bonus rogers got, I would play with both my legs in a splint! NFL stands for "not for long" when you act like a little girl!
Old 08-25-2005, 08:51 PM   #20
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

...the cowboys shouldn't have drafted a player that high with as many injury problems as he had in the past.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005, 09:59 PM   #21
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

I understand being upset because it hurts the cowboys but the guy knows his body better than the physicians do. This was a bill cut not a jerry cut. Jerry doesnt have much power right now he gave it to parcells. (a foolish decision) I hate parcells. The only coach i dislike more is dantoni. Just said that so yall will know that i am biased but cutting a guy for being hurt is stupid and it just goes with his damn parcells guys mentality. I hate every single parcells player. Hope they do well cus i want the cowboys to do well but hate them. By parcells guys i mean the vinny's and richie anderson retread types he brought from previous stops. Look at his and buck showalter's style they are exactly the same. And we all know buck is horrible. However because of parcells name he is above criticism. Sub barajas for vinny and anderson for delluci and stuff like that. He cuts from a position of extreme weakness because he thinks that a guys injury wasnt that serious. Honestly i dont want them to play a guy that is hurt because they have problems see larry allen of a couple of years ago. I dont know if rogers injury was serious or not but playing in the nfl with a bad knee is a bad idea and its easy to say i would do this and that if i got that kind of money because there is no way that you will be put in that situtation.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 11:43 AM   #22
snoop

jerry said Mark Tunai played thru the exact same injury. So while rogers knows his boby better than anyone and felt he needed the knife, I think the cowboys believe a NFL player would play thru that injury,thus meaning that Rogers is not a NFL player in their opion(and mine) and showed that by his cut.
Old 08-27-2005, 03:37 PM   #23
jfossee

Screw that! the guys a puss! Don't be fooled, Jerry still has his hand in every decision being made.....always has, always will......