Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 09-24-2008, 04:41 PM   #1
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Lions' Williams Looking Forward To Free Agency

24th September, 2008 - 12:46 pm

Quote:
Detroit Free-Press - Roy Williams can remember every loss he had in high school and at the University of Texas, but remembering losses with the Lions has been a more challenging proposition.

“I started counting them up last off-season,” Williams said, “but I lost track.”

Williams is finishing his five-year rookie contract and could be eligible for free agency this off-season.

“Everybody would like to stay where they are drafted,” Williams said. “But at the same time, everybody would like to go back home as they get older. My home is Texas.”

RealGM Note: Williams has been the 32nd best wide receiver through the first three weeks of 2008. He 'deserves' a salary of $3.5 million and therefore has a Reina Value of -44%.

Talk radio has been crackling with his name as a potential addition for the Cowboys to give them a younger, deeper, more talented corps of wide receivers. Williams knows there’s a yearning for him back home.

“My brother keeps me informed,” said Williams of Lloyd Hill, a former NCAA receiving champion at Texas Tech who lives in Grand Prairie.

But there’s no guarantee that Williams will leave Detroit in 2009, even though the two sides are not talking contract at this point. It’s not that the talks have broken off. They never started.

“They say this organization waits until the last minute,” Williams said. “It doesn’t bother me. I really don’t care. If I’m here, they’re going to pay me. If not, I’ll be somewhere else.”

The Lions can prevent Williams from leaving by slapping a franchise tag on him. That would guarantee him a one-year contract at an average salary of the five highest-paid wide receivers in the NFL.

But the Lions also could send him packing early. If the losses continue to mount, the NFL trade deadline looms on Oct. 14. A team suddenly building for the future such as the Lions may be swayed by a premium draft pick or two.

“It’s always in the back of my mind,” Williams said. “What’s going to happen? Am I going to get franchised? Are they going to pay me, or am I going to end up somewhere else? Or are they going to trade me in the middle of the season like Chris Chambers last year?”

Williams is a proven commodity. He caught 82 passes for 1,310 yards and seven touchdowns in his Pro Bowl season in 2006, then lit up Philadelphia for a nine-catch, 204-yard game in 2007. But a knee injury last December cost him the chance for back-to-back 1,000-yard seasons. He spent the final four games on injured reserve.

Williams is only 26 with plenty of quality football years left in his body. He could see himself spending those years in Detroit.

“When I got drafted, the first thing I said was I want to be the one who turns this franchise around,” Williams said. “So far that hasn’t happened. But that’s still my goal, to turn this place around.”

But Williams may need a little help. The Lions, who have a bye this week, are one of six NFL franchises that have never been to a Super Bowl.

“I think this place is cursed,” Williams said. “I asked our chaplain if he knew anyone who could christen Ford Field to get it right for us.”

http://football.realgm.com/src_wiret...o_free_agency/

Last edited by Windmill360; 09-24-2008 at 04:41 PM.
Windmill360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-24-2008, 04:42 PM   #2
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

TO and Roy Williams? yes, please!
Old 09-24-2008, 06:48 PM   #3
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, yes, yes!

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 07:59 PM   #4
mkat
Platinum Member

mkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to behold

i think if it comes to free agency, it's already a done deal, ya know?

with a trade....i think this might be why jerry got those extra 3rd and 4th round picks in the draft.
Old 09-25-2008, 08:56 AM   #5
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

I am now rooting for Lions losses.

Quote:
“I think this place is cursed,” Williams said. “I asked our chaplain if he knew anyone who could christen Ford Field to get it right for us.”
Ya know, I hear there's a stadium down south where they built a window for the Big Guy to watch the games.

Is this ghost ball??

Last edited by DirkFTW; 09-25-2008 at 08:57 AM.
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 09:09 AM   #6
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

We already knew heading into the season that he wanted to be a Cowboy this year. This is why Jones didn't make any brash decisions when our WR corps went down.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84

Last edited by alby; 09-25-2008 at 12:35 PM.
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 09:34 AM   #7
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

I wonder how Millen's firing is going to affect Roy Williams now...

Old 09-25-2008, 09:43 AM   #8
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

I so want this to happen. Dump the Okie and get the Horn.
Old 09-25-2008, 12:17 PM   #9
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2sarajevo
I so want this to happen. Dump the Okie and get the Horn.
Yes. Good Roy >>>> Evil Roy.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 03:40 PM   #10
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

I wonder why the Lions just won't trade him? Atleast get something for him.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 04:06 PM   #11
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest
I wonder why the Lions just won't trade him? Atleast get something for him.
Roy Williams for Roy Williams!!!

Old 09-25-2008, 07:30 PM   #12
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Again, I'm still new to the ins and outs of football so bear with me...

I'm sure Roy will be available, but do players like him get traded around so easily? I can't imagine it's like the NBA at the deadline where there is a ton of movement with guys with his kind of talent.

Little insight?
Old 09-26-2008, 02:04 AM   #13
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog
Roy Williams for Roy Williams!!!

lol I'm down with it. Lions are a joke but they'd probably not be with it. I'd give up a #1 for Roy. He's definately better than anyone we can pick up in the 1st next season. At the same time knowing Roy Williams will go into free agency i'd like to think that takes his trade value down a bit.

Quote:
Again, I'm still new to the ins and outs of football so bear with me...

I'm sure Roy will be available, but do players like him get traded around so easily? I can't imagine it's like the NBA at the deadline where there is a ton of movement with guys with his kind of talent.

Little insight?
Its rare but its also rare for players to admit during the season they're going into free agency. Trades rarely happen though. The last trade I remember that had impact players in it was the Champ for Portis deal. It might've been another deal as big as that but I can't remember. It just seems like the smart thing to do is get atleast something in return for Roy Williams. They can get a #1 or more for him.
Old 09-26-2008, 08:46 AM   #14
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

I would love to see Roy here...but this may be a better OFF-season move than a mid-season trade.

There's one element called Chemistry and for that matter the "Family" atmosphere on this team is winning. To Trade for Roy, who do you trade and/or who do you release/cut move to the practice squad.

I understand the talent, believe me the thought of T.O. and Williams on the same team is scary good...but again, what are the relationships within the team and how would a change effect a team like Dallas that is already at the top of the NFL?

Again...in the Off-season as a FA...I'm all for it. That would give the team some time to adjust...but during the season could backfire and has a greater risk.
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 09:29 AM   #15
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Why in the world would we trade for him now instead of waiting until he is a free agent? I'd be hard pressed to support that move. Not because of any team chemistry concerns but because of the talent we would have to give up to acquire him when he has already stated he wants to A)test free agency and B)alluded that he wants to go to his home which is Texas.

This isn't the Mavericks we are talking about. It's the Cowboys. What Jerry wants, Jerry can get.
Old 09-26-2008, 10:48 AM   #16
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
Why in the world would we trade for him now instead of waiting until he is a free agent? I'd be hard pressed to support that move. Not because of any team chemistry concerns but because of the talent we would have to give up to acquire him when he has already stated he wants to A)test free agency and B)alluded that he wants to go to his home which is Texas.

This isn't the Mavericks we are talking about. It's the Cowboys. What Jerry wants, Jerry can get.
If TO gets hurt like he did last season I'd love to have the insurance of Roy Williams rather than hobbled Sam Hurd, Stanback and Austin with Crayton being the #1. And Jerry has been able to snag guys like Leonard Davis who was nothing like the player he is now with the Cardinals and we've been able to snag up troubled players like TO, Pac Man and Tank but I don't think he's proven he can snag up an elite player like Roy Williams since......Deion?
Old 09-26-2008, 10:49 AM   #17
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92bDad
I would love to see Roy here...but this may be a better OFF-season move than a mid-season trade.

There's one element called Chemistry and for that matter the "Family" atmosphere on this team is winning. To Trade for Roy, who do you trade and/or who do you release/cut move to the practice squad.

I understand the talent, believe me the thought of T.O. and Williams on the same team is scary good...but again, what are the relationships within the team and how would a change effect a team like Dallas that is already at the top of the NFL?

Again...in the Off-season as a FA...I'm all for it. That would give the team some time to adjust...but during the season could backfire and has a greater risk.
I don't see the chemistry problem. Roy Williams is a great guy and player. Hardly a head case.
Old 09-26-2008, 10:52 AM   #18
Underdog

Quote:
I don't see the chemistry problem. Roy Williams is a great guy and player. Hardly a head case.
VERY humble for a wide receiver - he's one of the few guys in the league (next to Boldin) who has #1-option skills, but has no problem sharing the spotlight as a #2...

Old 09-26-2008, 11:02 AM   #19
BGMaverick9
Guru

If I could pick, I'd pick Boldin over Williams, but I'll clearly take either of them on this roster.
Old 09-26-2008, 12:24 PM   #20
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9
If I could pick, I'd pick Boldin over Williams, but I'll clearly take either of them on this roster.
Me too, but I think Boldin might be a lot happier where he is now than he was during the offseason...

On the other hand - Roy Williams is available and he's already expressed interest in a "Texas team" (for some reason I doubt he meant Houston - I bet he'd sign with the Spurs before he'd play for the Texans!)

Old 09-26-2008, 01:14 PM   #21
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

I thought about the Texans and as far as touches go his best bet probably would be going to Houston. Pretty good quarterback. Slaton looks like he's gonna be good. With Dallas you have so many options I guess it matters how Roy feels. Does he want to go to a team that's contending now and possibly be our 2nd or 3rd option every gameday or go to Houston where he could be a #1 or possibly #2 if Andre Johnson is on that day.
Old 09-26-2008, 01:19 PM   #22
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

Roy here! Roy now! Roy here! Roy now!

Is this ghost ball??
Old 09-26-2008, 01:44 PM   #23
Underdog

Quote:
I thought about the Texans and as far as touches go his best bet probably would be going to Houston. Pretty good quarterback. Slaton looks like he's gonna be good. With Dallas you have so many options I guess it matters how Roy feels. Does he want to go to a team that's contending now and possibly be our 2nd or 3rd option every gameday or go to Houston where he could be a #1 or possibly #2 if Andre Johnson is on that day.
I bet he'd get more touches as Romo's #3 than Shaub's #1 (because Houston = underachievement...)

Hell, I'll call it now - Schaub won't be their starting QB next year...

Plus, Super Bowl contention should mean something to a guy of Roy's caliber...

Last edited by Underdog; 09-26-2008 at 01:45 PM.
Old 09-26-2008, 01:47 PM   #24
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

Seriously, if teams are gonna double TO and watch Witten like a hawk, Roy could tear them to shreds

Is this ghost ball??
Old 09-26-2008, 01:53 PM   #25
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirkFTW
Seriously, if teams are gonna double TO and watch Witten like a hawk, Roy could tear them to shreds
Plus, Roy is the kind of guy who could step up as a #1 option if T.O. gets injured (or when he retires - Williams is only 26!)

Old 09-26-2008, 02:05 PM   #26
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirkFTW
It's not could...he WOULD.
He'll be happy to be in Texas, America's Team...a chance for the ring, new stadium on and on...

Underdog, I dunno if Boldin is HAPPIER, but he just might be worrying about football now and let that situation settle until the season is over or until they Cardinals start to sink, if they do.
Old 09-26-2008, 03:14 PM   #27
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9
...or until they Cardinals start to sink, when they do.
fixed.

Old 09-26-2008, 03:16 PM   #28
BGMaverick9
Guru

Nice

Again, either of them I'd love to have on our roster. Romo would have a field day with that group and Barber would have so many lanes in the trenches.

The thought of it all just makes me giddy.
Old 09-26-2008, 03:27 PM   #29
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not sure we can afford him. He's going to demand a huge contract and we have Canty and Columbo coming free this summer. We're also probably going to extend Ware over the next couple of years.

It may be a moot point anyway. I can't imagine that Det wouldn't franchise him. They don't have many good players so they need to keep the ones that they have.
Old 09-26-2008, 04:22 PM   #30
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Quote:
If TO gets hurt like he did last season I'd love to have the insurance of Roy Williams rather than hobbled Sam Hurd, Stanback and Austin with Crayton being the #1. And Jerry has been able to snag guys like Leonard Davis who was nothing like the player he is now with the Cardinals and we've been able to snag up troubled players like TO, Pac Man and Tank but I don't think he's proven he can snag up an elite player like Roy Williams since......Deion?
If Romo gets hurt I'd love to have the insurance of Aaron Rodgers rather than a used up Brad Johnson or unknown Brooks Bollinger.

My point being that injuries are an issue for every team in this league. Don't sell out part of the future to repair something that may never happen. Let the season play out and get him in free agency if you can.

Last edited by u2sarajevo; 09-26-2008 at 04:23 PM.
u2sarajevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 05:15 PM   #31
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92bDad

I think getting a receiver of Roy's caliber trumps any worries about "chemistry," which is almost certainly a non-issue anyway.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 09:22 PM   #32
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirno2000
I'm not sure we can afford him. He's going to demand a huge contract and we have Canty and Columbo coming free this summer. We're also probably going to extend Ware over the next couple of years.

It may be a moot point anyway. I can't imagine that Det wouldn't franchise him. They don't have many good players so they need to keep the ones that they have.
Jerry Jones indicated today that the team had enough cap room to add a big salary.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 09:40 PM   #33
BGMaverick9
Guru

You know why...because he's Jerry Jones and owns the fricken Dallas Cowboys.
Old 09-27-2008, 10:36 AM   #34
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
If Romo gets hurt I'd love to have the insurance of Aaron Rodgers rather than a used up Brad Johnson or unknown Brooks Bollinger.

My point being that injuries are an issue for every team in this league. Don't sell out part of the future to repair something that may never happen. Let the season play out and get him in free agency if you can.
Is it really selling out part of the future? Especially since 1st rounders aren't guaranteed to be a hit? Not to mention Roy Williams is still in his 20's? If anything you're helping your future. And I don't want Roy Williams for insurance. He'd be a great insurance to have but he can come in on this team right now and be anything from a #1 to a #3 option.

Quote:
I bet he'd get more touches as Romo's #3 than Shaub's #1 (because Houston = underachievement...)

Hell, I'll call it now - Schaub won't be their starting QB next year...

Plus, Super Bowl contention should mean something to a guy of Roy's caliber...
You may be right. I wouldn't really rule out the Texans as possible competition for him though. They have a lot invested in Schaub. You think they cut him or just bench him?
Old 09-27-2008, 10:53 AM   #35
Underdog

Quote:
You think they cut him or just bench him?
They've invested too much in Schaub to simply cut him, but that doesn't mean they won't try to snag a QB with their first draft pick (and I predict they'll be drafting high next summer...)

Plus, there's always a chance that something will pan out in free agency - either way, I think the Texans will be bad enough this season to warrant a QB change (since that seems to be the trendy thing for losing teams to do right now...)

I doubt Roy Williams would choose that kind of QB drama over an opportunity to play with Tony Romo and the (newly-crowned Super Bowl Champs?) Dallas Cowboys...

Last edited by Underdog; 09-27-2008 at 10:57 AM.
Old 09-27-2008, 12:12 PM   #36
BGMaverick9
Guru

I'm already telling myself, "It's not if, it's just a matter of when"