Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 09-21-2008, 01:48 PM   #201
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Not that anyone cares, but I went out to camp again this morning.

The scrimmage was more entertaining today, ending in a shootout.

One quick word on Brunnstrom.... fail. He doesn't look good out there at all. Little midget Chris Conner always looks good to me. That guy works so hard, you can't help but notice him.

Modano and Lehtinen were apparently excused from the scrim to day...they focused more on the young guys. Morrow and Ribeiro look ready to go...as does Richards. Mark fistric lost some weight this off-season, and he was looking to hit today.

Even with Sean Avery on the team now, Steve Ott is by far the dominant personality on the practice ice. He and Marty are constantly giving each other crap. It's really fun to see.

I will add more pics to the blog later or tomorrow.
Old 09-21-2008, 01:50 PM   #202
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Hey, I enjoy the updates. How long have you been doing that blog?

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 02:00 PM   #203
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

The guy that runs that site asked me to do it last year during the playoffs.

My signature links to it, btw.
Old 09-21-2008, 02:01 PM   #204
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

How did he discover your writing talents?

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
Old 09-27-2008, 12:50 PM   #205
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

I got to see, for a bit, them practicing this morning. My family walked today for JDRF like we do every year.... this year however the Stars were practicing which made it even cooler. There were alot of Stars fans (and not just walkers) at the practice. I was impressed.
Old 09-27-2008, 01:37 PM   #206
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Yeah I didn't go down this morning...I wanted to sleep in this weekend, I got up early last weekend for training camp. Plus I'm going up there tonight with the wife and parents for the pre-season game.

Did you get any free pre-season tickets u2? Supposedly they were just giving them away down there.

Tonight I get to break in my brand new Brenden Morrow jersey (home black) and re-convene with my hockey brethren at the AAC
Old 09-27-2008, 02:40 PM   #207
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

So...are you doing a bit on Brunnstrom? (Your latest blog entry)

Is he headed for the minors? Everything I read said he'd have to be absolutely horrible in camp to not break the team.

Would you prefer that I posted questions about your blog entries on the blog itself?

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 09-27-2008, 03:02 PM   #208
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

They were giving out tickets.... but by the time I got distracted from watching my son do the jumpy house thing and figured that out they were *gone.

* - or so I was told by one of the volunteers.... although I heard from others that wasn't true. So who knows. Bottom line, I didn't get any.

Last edited by u2sarajevo; 09-27-2008 at 03:02 PM.
u2sarajevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 03:35 PM   #209
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Brunnstrom really was absolutely mediocre and unnoticeable at camp last week end thig....He had 2 assists the other night in the pre-season game against the Avs. Both were secondary assists on goals by Morrow and Ribeiro.

YOU could get 2 assists playing with Morrow and Ribeiro, so I don't put much stock into that. It doesn't matter though, they're committed to giving him 2 million this year, so he will play. In hockey, that's a lot for a rookie. They say when guys come over from the European super leagues, that they need to adjust to the speed of the game over here, better defenses, and smaller rinks. International rinks are much wider and a little longer. It show cases skill, where as the NHL has become more of a defensive game over the years.