Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 09-29-2008, 04:05 PM   #161
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Adam Jones = leader.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-30-2008, 06:44 PM   #162
horse900703
Diamond Member

horse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud of

dont wanna talk about it~

Last edited by mary; 09-30-2008 at 10:32 PM.
horse900703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 10:18 PM   #163
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby
Adam Jones = leader.

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 01:56 AM   #164
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Bengals, Cards, Rams... talk about perfect timing after a loss lol

Contact Me
Old 10-01-2008, 07:45 AM   #165
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby
Bengals, Cards, Rams... talk about perfect timing after a loss lol
This loss came at the right time against the right team (the perceived 4th-best in the NFC East) - we needed to be humbled, reminded that hard work goes farther than high praise... When the ego is tame, the mind is focused - let's take advantage of these easy games to build momentum against the Bucs and Giants and go into our bye week on a high note...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 09:24 AM   #166
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

But... the freaking Redskins! UGH!

Is this ghost ball??
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 10:57 AM   #167
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

There are 2 teams that I cannot handle losing to. The Eagles and the Redskins.

But we didn't deserve to win on Sunday. Our Defense has to get together and start forcing turnovers. Watching Portis slice us up didn't help matters either. But he is used to that.

I am out of my post-loss depression and ready to go. I'm warming up my popcorn machine.
Old 10-01-2008, 11:41 AM   #168
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2sarajevo
Everyone who loves the Cowboys feels the same way (this was a "statement loss" that should go a long way in the locker room - I bet we beat the 'Skins in Washington!)

Old 10-01-2008, 01:13 PM   #169
Underdog

Full Speed Ahead
Spencer Says He's Back At Long Last

link

IRVING, Texas - Can you blame Anthony Spencer for his frustration the first month of the season?

Last year's first-round pick, Spencer was thought to have suffered only a bone bruise in his right knee during the preseason opener back on Aug. 9, and he was considered day-to-day for almost two weeks. On Aug. 20 he finally underwent arthroscopic surgery to clean out lose particles in the knee, and was scheduled to miss 2-4 weeks.

Spencer worked with trainers during practice, and finally returned to the lineup for the Sept. 15 game against Philadelphia, but either his conditioning or the knee just weren't right, and he took few snaps. He didn't fly to Green Bay for the team's Week Three game.

Sunday he had his first extended action of the season against Washington. Evidently the knee was better, because Spencer looked pretty spry on one play. With the Redskins trying to keep the ball away from Felix Jones on kickoff returns, they pooched the kick to start the second half to Spencer. Little did they know the 6-3, 255-pounder played a little fullback in his high school days. Spencer weaved through traffic and picked up 18 yards, which might not sound like much, but it's three more than upback Orlando Scandrick had on one return in the second quarter, and it set the Cowboys up at their own 43, a short field they would drive to tie the game at 17.

"I was ready for it," Spencer said. "That was something we knew there was a possibility they were going to do. I looked and saw how far they were downfield and I thought I could pick up a couple yards before they got there. I just didn't want to drop the ball or get blown up or anything like that."

Spencer said he should be good to go from here on out. Coaches praised the improvements to his game during training camp. So long as he can stay healthy, Spencer could see a few more reps, especially in pass rushing situations, where the Cowboys could use a little help.

"(The knee) is good," he said, noting he didn't even need to ice it after the game. "I'm just trying to stay out of the training room as much as possible. I've been in there long enough.

Jefferson Suspended Four Games By NFL

Practice-squad wide receiver Mike Jefferson has been suspended four games for violating the NFL's substance abuse policy.

Effective immediately, Jefferson, a first-year receiver from Montana State, will be placed on a suspended list and the Cowboys will likely fill his spot on the practice squad by Wednesday.

According to a team source, Jefferson took an over-the-counter dietary supplement, which is banned by the NFL.

League rules regarding steroids have much stricter penalties than any other banned substances, which usually send a player into a rehab program. Not until a third offense, are they subject to a four-game suspension. But with steroids and supplements, suspensions are levied with the first offense.

The Cowboys found that out before last season when quarterbacks coach Wade Wilson admitted purchasing HGH (human growth hormone) to help fight his Type 2 diabetes. The NFL suspended Wilson, a former NFL quarterback for 18 years, including three in Dallas, for the first five games of last season.

Jefferson joined the Cowboys after the draft in 2007, signing as an undrafted rookie free agent. He spent all of last year on the practice squad, but impressed the coaching staff enough where he was a candidate to make the team this season.

Despite a slow start in training camp, Jefferson benefited from a slew of injuries at the receiver position to Miles Austin and Sam Hurd. The Cowboys were so thin at receiver at the end of the preseason that Jefferson was called up from the practice squad to the active roster for the Week One game in Cleveland.

Jefferson suited up against the Browns, but did not play.

Palmer Expected To Play

After sitting out Sunday's loss to Cleveland, Bengals quarterback Carson Palmer is expected to be ready when the Bengals come to Dallas for Sunday's 3:15 p.m. (CDT) kickoff. Palmer experienced inflammation in his throwing elbow late last week.

Ryan Fitzpatrick started under center and Palmer was the team's emergency third quarterback. Palmer injured the elbow Sept. 21 while making a throw against the Giants. So far this season he has broken his nose, had it bloodied a second time and sprained his left ankle.

Fitzpatrick threw for just 156 yards and a touchdown with three interceptions Sunday. It goes without saying the Bengals would like to have their franchise player back in the starting lineup. Cincinnati coach Marvin Lewis has already grown tired of answering questions about Palmer's status. He denied rumors Palmer would require surgery

"Can I repeat it one more time?" Lewis asked during his Monday media briefing. "Everybody get their microphones ready. With rest and the inflammation going away, this should not re-occur. That's what I've been told and what Carson has been told. We'll see where he is on Wednesday before we go any further than Wednesday."

Lewis said the team wouldn't create two game plans, one with Palmer and one without, but the coaches would begin their Cowboys preparations as if Fitzpatrick was the starter in case there is no change in Palmer's availability.

"If Ryan Fitzpatrick is the guy as we go forward this week, we go into it a little differently," Lewis said Monday. "That's the way we'll have to approach it. More than likely, tonight and tomorrow, the coaches will have to prepare to play with Fitzpatrick and everybody has to understand that.

T.O. Takes Dead Aim At ESPN

At least we know Cowboys wide receiver Terrell Owens watches TV, and especially ESPN, because he certainly took exception to how the cable sports station portrayed what he said and how he felt after the Cowboys' 26-24 loss to Washington on Sunday at Texas Stadium. Or more to the point, how ESPN tried to exaggerate the situation in the Cowboys locker room, promoting Sportscenter following the Monday night football game with claims there is a riff in the team's locker room because of Owens' unhappiness with the game plan.

Well, Wednesday afternoon out at The Ranch, Owens had his say. Here is the best opening salvo:

“It’s real legitimate we just didn’t play well. I’m not worried about how somebody dissects what I say. I know in my heart this team is still together. I know that crew over at ESPN definitely should be up for an Oscar nominee at the end of the year. They’re definitely making their stake at a claim to divide this team and it’s not going to happen.

“They would be the first ones to criticize me if they felt I said something wrong. I understand the political campaign is going on, ESPN really hasn’t had the ratings that they’ve had in a while so I’m pretty sure that’s why they made a big deal out of what I said."

Super Preparations Underway

The North Texas Super Bowl XLV Host Committee is getting set to open two offices in the region, one in Fort Worth, another in Dallas, committee President Bill Lively told the Dallas Business Journal.

A third office could open in the Cowboys new Arlington, Texas stadium sometime next Summer. The region was awarded the February 2011 game at the NFL owners meetings on May 22, 2007. It will be the first Super Bowl to be played in North Texas, and just the third in Texas.

Lively projected 300,000 people will visit Dallas, Fort Worth and the communities in between, with 90,000 at the game. He said the committee will need to recruit and train upwards of 20,000 volunteers.

Currently there are 28 people on the game's board of directors, including former Cowboys quarterbacks Troy Aikman and Roger Staubach. Eventually the committee is expected to include around 150 members.

Lively stressed the importance of coordinating efforts between Dallas, Forth Worth, Arlington and other communities in the area. He said the game is expected to bring more than $500 million to North Texas.

"This Super Bowl is more than a football game," he told the Dallas Business Journal. "It's the chance to bond the region together."

The $1.1 billion new Cowboys stadium is also expected to vie for other major events in the future, including NCAA Final Four basketball tournaments.

Short Shots

While Clinton Portis is the only back to rush for 100 or more yards against the Cowboys dating back to the beginning of last season, three receivers have broken the century mark against them already this year. Washington's Santana Moss had 145 yards Sunday, while Philadelphia's DeSean Jackson (110) and Green Bay's Greg Jennings (115) did it in the weeks prior . . . The Cowboys lead the all-time series against the Bengals 5-4, though the Bengals beat them 26-3 in the teams' last meeting, Nov. 7, 2004 . . . Terrell Owens needs one catch for 900 in his career.

Old 10-01-2008, 02:50 PM   #170
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2sarajevo

But we didn't deserve to win on Sunday. Our Defense has to get together and start forcing turnovers. Watching Portis slice us up didn't help matters either. But he is used to that.

I am out of my post-loss depression and ready to go. I'm warming up my popcorn machine.
Totally. I think the players are too used to the "no contact" policy from training camp. GAG.

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
Old 10-03-2008, 11:27 AM   #171
ty
Diamond Member

Sorry if this was posted before:

http://www.totees.com/

ILOVE MESOMEME

Old 10-03-2008, 12:29 PM   #172
alby
Guru

which one should I get?

Contact Me