Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 08-28-2003, 09:25 PM   #41
LordOfTheMavs

LordOfTheMavs is on a distinguished road
Default RE: Cowboys/Raiders Pre-Season

I missed the 97 yard KO return by Swinton. I was trying to do laundry during commercials and put kids to bed during halftime. Damn. I love kids and laundry needs doing, but damn I hate missing 97 yard KO returns.
LordOfTheMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-28-2003, 09:29 PM   #42
ames7
Diamond Member

ames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to behold
Default Cowboys/Raiders Pre-Season

Yeah, well, I'm in Austin & our feed cut out. I could hear it happening though. They'll show it again in the highlights.

I had to go to a meeting for a while. Someone want to give me a quick summary of who's been doing good/bad since the first half?
Old 08-28-2003, 09:33 PM   #43
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

I think Smith gets cut, and if he clears the waivers, he will be put on the practice squad.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2003, 09:37 PM   #44
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Well, Quincy led the offense to points on all 5 drives he was in on. Hambrick has run well, getting about 5 yards a carry. The line has held up. Larry Allen seems to be doing well, and he had a nice block on one of the Hambrick TD runs. Roy Williams has looked great as always.

Not much has happened in the 2nd half other than that Swinton TD.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2003, 09:43 PM   #45
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

I love to watch the Boys when they are on a roll but this game is boring. The Raiders are sleepwalking through the game.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2003, 09:58 PM   #46
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Qspare played well.

Hambrick finally used some of his talent. Now if he could only find his heart.

Roy Williams is a bad mother f....you know.

Woodson knocked the religion out of some dude. Damn that was a hit.

The Cowboys scored 50+ last when? Super Bowl.

This was a preseason game. The final preseason game of the year is often not much of a game. The Raiders looked lethargic.

Our defense is going to be fun to watch.

Anyone else think Romo gets cut and maybe placed on the practice squad?

Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2003, 09:58 PM   #47
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

mavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of light

Great Game to end the pre-season. I hope they can carry this momentum into the season somehow.
Old 08-28-2003, 10:02 PM   #48
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future

romo is the backup.

hutch is running the scout team. you read it here first.

book it.
aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2003, 10:09 PM   #49
QCarFan
Golden Member

QCarFan can only hope to improve

Good call aexchange, I definitely agree. Hutch should be running the scout team, who woulda thunk it? Obviously not many around here, did you all see him during the game on the sidelines and run in without talking to anyone after the game? He's not happy at all, but playing the way he did he deserve everything he get.
Old 08-28-2003, 10:16 PM   #50
Just211
Platinum Member

Just211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to all

it's gonna be so much fun to watch woody and Roy light people up on D. It seems like they just take turns. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] sweeet!

Old 08-28-2003, 10:17 PM   #51
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by: Just211
it's gonna be so much fun to watch woody and Roy light people up on D. It seems like they just take turns. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] sweeet!
It's likely all we have to look forward to.
Old 08-28-2003, 10:18 PM   #52
Just211
Platinum Member

Just211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to all

ah doc, you're such an optimist.
Old 08-28-2003, 11:55 PM   #53
QCarFan
Golden Member

He must have missed the show Quincy Carter put on.
Old 08-29-2003, 08:13 AM   #54
Drbio
Banned

I only saw a little of the game, but Qspare played well from what I saw. You are only here to flame up the Qshitty-Hutch debate I suppose. I'm sorry you can't see that they both suck ass.
Old 08-29-2003, 07:52 PM   #55
QCarFan
Golden Member

I have never been the one so stuck on either to start an argument with another member of this site, like some do obviously.
Old 08-29-2003, 10:16 PM   #56
Drbio
Banned

You underestimate everyones ability to see through your posts. 99% of them have been about eating crow, about how others will see Qspares ability blah blah diarrhea blah. Your intent is not to talk about basketball at a Mavericks site....it's to blindly sport a woody for Qspare. Your username alone reveals you. I'm not saying you are trolling, but it is clear that the intent of many of your posts are casually inflammatory. Those same posts do nothing to extoll talent, ability, etc but rather they only serve to chide at others.

edit to BOLD what I said not what you inferred....
Old 08-30-2003, 03:07 AM   #57
QCarFan
Golden Member

Sure drbio, whatever you say. I am not here to argue with members of this site, like some people get off on doing. It's pointless and childish, and I rather not post here at all if I have to argue with members who are on some power trip. I wasn't aware that it was trolling to discuss football in the "other sports" area on this site, I do apologize. Who are you, do you police this site or something? Just because my username has QCar in it, my opinion don't count and it makes me a troll? You say I underesitimate"everyones" ability to see through my posts, you are the only one here trying to tell me what to do/say, and you're sadly mistaken if you think that will fly with me. I have even be called a dipwad by you, why? What did I do or say to you that was insulting? I have been here maybe 3-4 weeks, and have seen you argue to a bitter end with a memeber of this site, and I rather not be apart of something like that. Good-Bye

See you guys around!
Old 08-30-2003, 10:12 AM   #58
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

I have seen QCarfan post in the Mavs section of this site also. Qcarfan, don't stop coming to this site because of what other posters think. Just stay up man. You're not the only poster on this site who doesn't post in the Mavs section consistently as others. I believe you're a Cowboy fan. I've got no problems with posters coming to this board consistently and posting. We need more of it. Alot of guys come here and never come back.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2003, 02:25 PM   #59
Drbio
Banned

Try to understand the post and not your inferences or insecurities.

I said that you were not trolling, but that the majority of your posts have only been to blindly support Qspare. When you make a post about eating crow etc over and over, it comes across as casually inflammatory. THAT is what I said...not what you tried to infer. Seems like you make suppositions like another too. Not surprised.
Old 08-30-2003, 03:13 PM   #60
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally posted by: Drbio
Try to understand the post and not your inferences or insecurities.

I said that you were not trolling, but that the majority of your posts have only been to blindly support Qspare. When you make a post about eating crow etc over and over, it comes across as casually inflammatory. THAT is what I said...not what you tried to infer. Seems like you make suppositions like another too. Not surprised.
Just chill out Doc let the guy post what he wants its not hurting anyone here. I'm not here to bash you or insult you like you attemtped i'm just statring that the guy has been a pretty good poster. I even remember you and him debating over Terrell Owens. It seems as if no one here has a problem with the guy but you. I just hat eto see good posters leave the site because of posters on a site.

1996-2005
Old 08-30-2003, 03:16 PM   #61
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

BTW, what do you mean by your last statement "Not suprised"? I seriously hope your stating that you think we are the same poster and not what a poster just pm'ed me.

1996-2005
Old 08-30-2003, 11:16 PM   #62
Drbio
Banned

FFM - I thought you were ignoring me. Please do.
Old 08-31-2003, 04:00 AM   #63
QCarFan
Golden Member

I rather not get into any kind of word fight with you drbio. I am a Cowboys fan and a big Carter fan obviously. If that bothers you, then I am sorry. I posted above about how I feel about the situation and probably wont be posting in this thread again.
Old 08-31-2003, 01:15 PM   #64
Drbio
Banned

I don't blame you for being a Qspare fan at all. More power to you. But if you make comments about his greatness, be very prepared to have your hero exposed. When you make comments about eating crow, be prepared for all of your future posts to be heavily scrutinized. Qcrap has done nothing to show he can be a viable qb in the NFL. He is the best of the worst on this team and has played well in one preseason (this year, not last). He would NOT be the starter on any other NFL team and probably wouldn't be the starter on any CFL team. There were articles posted here that even indicated that he might not be the starter his senior year at Georgia had he stayed there. He has a lot of room for improvement. He has a significantly large way to go to be average. If he leads the Cowboys to a good season, I will give him credit, but it is not probable that can happen. Not probable at all.
Old 08-31-2003, 08:53 PM   #65
QCarFan
Golden Member

Fair enough, we shall see!
Old 08-31-2003, 09:00 PM   #66
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by: QCarFan
Fair enough, we shall see!
Good. If he succeeds, I'll give him all the credit in the world.
Old 08-31-2003, 11:34 PM   #67
Just211
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: Drbio
Quote:
Originally posted by: Just211
It's likely all we have to look forward to.

oh yeah! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 08-31-2003, 11:38 PM   #68
Drbio
Banned

Roy is a badass. Noone can deny him that.