Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 09-09-2003, 02:37 PM   #1
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point
Default The Official Doc vs. Dooby Thread (NEW TITLE COMING SOON)

It's time. SMU at Baylor. Dooby and I have been waiting for this game for a while now. We have been talking about the game for weeks and we both think our teams will be victorious. The winner will get a unique title for this thread. If Dooby's SMU poines beat my beloved Baylor bears this week in Waco, I will change the title of the thread to something like "SMU is better than Baylor" or something else that Dooby comes up with. However, if (when) my beloved Baylor Bears steamroll those SMU shetland ponies, I will be forced to change the title to something a little more reflective of the victory. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Feel free to chime in.....but this thread is for Dooby and I.

Baylor - 26
SMU - 24

P.S. The Vegas line is Baylor +2 at home.

Sic 'em Bears!!!!!
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-09-2003, 02:49 PM   #2
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold
Default RE: The Official Doc vs. Dooby Thread (NEW TITLE COMING SOON)

The bears are no longer just the joke of the big 12, they are the joke of college football. What was the score of that North Texas game? Is there really any hope left after they received a 50 point slaughter via the hands of the Mean Grean. I think my Arlington Heights Yellow Jackets could give them a run for the money. At least SMU has the death penalty and tight academic restrictions to blame their ineptitude on. What exuse does Baylor have? They pay their players and still get pummeled by glorified 1AA teams.

Doc- Here's your title: "Baylor Bears - The worst team money can buy"
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2003, 02:57 PM   #3
Chicago JK

Chicago JK will become famous soon enough

Sadly...Baylor hasn't been a division 1 team for several years. Unfortunately after the disgrace against North Texas, I think Baylor gets blown out again. As Craig James said on Fox Radio the other day, "If SMU can't beat Baylor then they should drop their football program."

Baylor is a good school, but I have lost all hope that they will ever be a factor is college football ever again. How is that for a graduate speaking. Although I am ready to start talking smack about our baseball program and our sprint relay teams.
Chicago JK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2003, 03:01 PM   #4
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

there's alot of D-1 schools that would get their asses handed to them by UNT
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2003, 03:16 PM   #5
Drbio
Banned

I think that murph is dead on. UNT is a pretty good football team. Ask Texas Tech what they think about them. Anyone (Craig James)who pulls the Baylor should drop their football team card is a certifiable moron.

Ape- I know you love SMU, but come on...get those facts straight. That was a basketball thing that was perpetuated by one dumbass EX coach (Bliss) to one player. Bliss should be jailed for his actions and hopefully will be. An SMU fan throwing the "pay the players" stone? Bwahahahaha....

The Bears will win this game and there will much rejoicing. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 09-09-2003, 03:44 PM   #6
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

Baylor lost to UAB. That is University of Alabama-Birmingham. I swear to God I had to look that up. At least I know what the hell Texas Tech is.

Baylor is spaaaaaaaaaaaare.

If there is a bough, I just fired a shot across it.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2003, 03:49 PM   #7
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

Baylor will lose and there will be much drunkedness and gunplay. But no dancing! They won't be dancing in the streets of Waco, no sir! No dancing at Baylor! None!

Seriously, when they were building I-35, why did they bother to go around Baylor? They could have just gone straight through it and saved the taxpayers money. As opposed to SMU, which sits on the most valuable real estate in the state.

Did I mention there will be no dancing?
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Old 09-09-2003, 03:57 PM   #8
Dooby
Diamond Member

In all honesty, the spread is Baylor by 2 because both teams suck. But the way I read it, if vegas gives 3 points to the home team, that means SMU is better than Baylor. If this were played on a neutral site, say the outlet mall in Hillsboro, SMU would be fovored.

Old 09-09-2003, 05:06 PM   #9
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by: Dooby
In all honesty, the spread is Baylor by 2 because both teams suck. But the way I read it, if vegas gives 3 points to the home team, that means SMU is better than Baylor. If this were played on a neutral site, say the outlet mall in Hillsboro, SMU would be fovored.
And we could all do something productive like picking up a few shopping items. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 09-09-2003, 05:29 PM   #10
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

good stuff dooby.

by the way, i'm driving down to colorado springs to watch UNT play Air Force this weekend
Old 09-09-2003, 05:48 PM   #11
German7Footer

German7Footer is on a distinguished road

I definitely like SMU against Baylor. I think Phil Bennett is going to have the Mustangs ready for this one....But I am a fan of the Mustangs because I know their QB. I have think their offense will be able to light up Baylor.

Prediction....SMU - 35....Baylor - 17
Old 09-09-2003, 05:54 PM   #12
Dooby
Diamond Member

Baylor: "We're no. 138!!!"

Old 09-09-2003, 05:55 PM   #13
Dooby
Diamond Member

SMU should be in the Big 12.

After all, we have the same number of Big 12 wins as Baylor (Kansas really does suck). After saturday, we'll have more!!!

Old 09-09-2003, 06:00 PM   #14
German7Footer

Quote:
Originally posted by: Dooby
Baylor: "We're no. 138!!!"
SMU is #99.... At least SMU is in the top 100!!

(I usually root for Baylor, just not against SMU)
Old 09-09-2003, 06:52 PM   #15
Drbio
Banned

This game is the college football equivalent of Chad Hutchison vs Qstank.
Old 09-09-2003, 06:55 PM   #16
German7Footer

Quote:
Originally posted by: Drbio

lol. Sad, but true.
Old 09-09-2003, 10:13 PM   #17
Dooby
Diamond Member

Quote:
Nah, I'd say Baylor is more like Ryan Leaf.

Old 09-09-2003, 10:17 PM   #18
Just211
Platinum Member

Just211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to all

i hope Baylor pulls at least one W before conference play. or it could get uglier
Old 09-09-2003, 10:50 PM   #19
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by: Just211
i hope Baylor pulls at least one W before conference play. or it could get uglier

We have Sam Houston State next week.....but it really can't get much uglier.
Old 09-10-2003, 07:30 AM   #20
Dooby
Diamond Member

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by: Just211

We have Sam Houston State next week.....but it really can't get much uglier.
Sounds like a concesssion if I've ever heard one. Buck up, Doc. You haven't even played the game yet.

Old 09-10-2003, 07:36 AM   #21
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

hey murph, the falcons are gonna roll over UNT, with or without chance! did anyof you see that replay of him hitting the coach? after the coach forearmed him in the face?
Old 09-10-2003, 08:17 AM   #22
Murphy3
Guru

screw you BBL, UNT by 10
Old 09-10-2003, 08:27 AM   #23
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

i follow the falcons by default cause my sister goes there. i went to a game last year (against colorado st.)... man, it was miserable. cold as hell. and they lost. if they had one, maybe it would've been better. but this game was later in the season, so it shouldn't be too cold for the UNT game.

anyway, i'll let my sister know she needs to watch out for the murph. hell, you could catch a volleyball game that same weekend and see her kick ass.
Old 09-10-2003, 08:38 AM   #24
Drbio
Banned

You heard it here first. Baylor corrals the Shetland Ponies.

Baylor - 26
SMU - 24

The Ponies will be limping back up I-35 Saturday night. To add insult to injury, their bus will break down on I-35 at the Baylor exit and they will be mocked by hundreds of "dancing bears". Some Aggie mechanic will have to fix the bus while the Pony players balance their checkbooks and call daddy on their cell phones for help. The Aggie mechanic will fix the bus with one the SMU players cappucino machines and the bus will get as far as Hillsboro where they will have to stop to buy another for the distraught guy.
Old 09-10-2003, 09:12 AM   #25
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

It's sad that two stalwarts of the southwest conference has come to this. But I will make my prediction:

SMU 21
Baylor 6

madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2003, 09:13 AM   #26
Dooby
Diamond Member

SMU 35; Baylor 24. And that is how it is going to be. And you will hear the Ponies laughing as their team bus departs Waco, not because they won, but because their opponents have to stay at Baylor.

Old 09-10-2003, 12:04 PM   #27
Chicago JK

Chicago JK will become famous soon enough

SMU 21
Baylor 20

SMU gets back at Baylor and decides not to throw a pass the whole game long. In the 90's Baylor had an injured JJ joe at quarterback and played the whole game without throwing a pass and still won. How is that for smash mouth football???
Chicago JK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2003, 12:42 PM   #28
Dooby
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: Chicago JK
SMU 21
Baylor 20

SMU gets back at Baylor and decides not to throw a pass the whole game long. In the 90's Baylor had an injured JJ joe at quarterback and played the whole game without throwing a pass and still won. How is that for smash mouth football???
BTW, the year before, they only threw the ball twice. Of course most of the current players were in elementary school then. Well, not the Baylor players, they were busy applying to junior college or repeating their freshmen year in highschool.

Old 09-10-2003, 12:44 PM   #29
Murphy3
Guru

My old roommate, now a flight instructor in the air force, will be at the game... it should be interesting for him. Who's side is he on? He was starting QB for UNT for a couple of years but now in the Air Force..
Old 09-10-2003, 12:57 PM   #30
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

he'd probably root for UNT... just because he's in the air force doesn't mean he follows the air force academy... in fact, i am under the impression that those in the air force that did not go to the academy don't like those that did.
Old 09-10-2003, 01:05 PM   #31
Murphy3
Guru

well, i don't think that he has any ill-feelings towards those that went to the AFA..i'll have to ask him on saturday ..that is, if i can get over this damn west nile virus that's going around
Old 09-10-2003, 04:10 PM   #32
Dooby
Diamond Member

From the DMN:
Quote:
Morriss said the percentage of playing time may begin tipping toward younger players. Among the possibilities he mentioned was at quarterback, where freshmen Terrance Parks and Shawn Bell back up junior Aaron Karas.

"If we're going to get beat 52-14, why not go ahead and get those younger guys some more snaps and more seasoning?" he asked. "Because that's our future."
Man, poor Baylor. Already packing it in for the season and it ain't October yet. So sad. Sounds like Morris sees the writing on the wall for this weekend. Total devestation for the home team.

Old 09-10-2003, 05:10 PM   #33
Drbio
Banned

The funny thing is...that ass whuppin' that Baylor is about to stick up some Pony butt is going to come from the newbies. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 09-11-2003, 10:13 AM   #34
Dooby
Diamond Member

I'd like to point out that a pony already beat Baylor once this year. Ramon Flanigan, starting QB for the last SMU team with a winning record, is the offensive coordinator for NTSU, which most recently decimated the baylor bearcubs.

Old 09-11-2003, 02:21 PM   #35
Drbio
Banned

Ramon Flanigan couldn't carry a real football players jock...although I understand while at SMU he tried to sniff a few. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Do SMU Ponies still wear the pink undies and matching socks? Seriously, they used to. When asked about it, their coach said it reduced theft of socks and skivies from the football team. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]
Old 09-11-2003, 03:18 PM   #36
Dooby
Diamond Member

Quote:
Ramon Flanigan couldn't carry a real football players jock...although I understand while at SMU he tried to sniff a few. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Well, apparently, he can coach a couple of real football players, cause his team put 52 points on your candyass.

Quote:
Do SMU Ponies still wear the pink undies and matching socks? Seriously, they used to. When asked about it, their coach said it reduced theft of socks and skivies from the football team. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]
Sorry, you are thinking of jail, which I can see how you'd be confusing jail with baylor football players.

Old 09-11-2003, 04:06 PM   #37
Drbio
Banned

I think UNT put up 52 in spite of Fairy Flanigan....who by the way is a jock sniffer.

Seriously...the Shetland Ponies used to dye their undies and socks pink so the players wouldn't steal them. I'm looking all over the place for a story, but damn....it was like 1986 or so. Pink undies for wimpy players. Very en vouge.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-11-2003, 04:48 PM   #38
Dooby
Diamond Member

CRANK IT UP!!!

DEDICATED TO THE bayor BEARS (AS IN BARELY QUALIFIES AS A REAL FOOTBALL TEAM).

Old 09-11-2003, 04:54 PM   #39
Drbio
Banned

It took longer to load that page than it will to send the shetland ponies limping back to the DFW metroplex. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Edit: that sounds an awful lot like "She'll be coming around the mountain when she comes"
Old 09-11-2003, 04:58 PM   #40
Dooby
Diamond Member

Quote:
It took longer to load that page than it will to send the shetland ponies limping back to the DFW metroplex. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Edit: that sounds an awful lot like "She'll be coming around the mountain when she comes"
I know, makes you wanna dance, don't it?

Oops, sorry. Didn't mean to offend you baylor folks.