Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 08-26-2005, 01:42 PM   #81
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Da Bears pop the puny ponies.....(Formerly Doc vs. Dooby thread)

SMU has a board? Who knew? It was my understanding that their first computer just arrived on campus (built into a 2006 BMW).

Q. How many Ponies does it take to change a tire?
A. Two. One to hold the martinis and the other to call daddy.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-26-2005, 01:46 PM   #82
Drbio
Banned

Default RE:Da Bears pop the puny ponies.....(Formerly Doc vs. Dooby thread)

Nothing like some sweet PONY love .

[img]i/expressions/anim_laugh.gif[/img]
Old 08-26-2005, 03:06 PM   #83
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

Quote:
Originally posted by: Drbio
SMU has a board? Who knew? It was my understanding that their first computer just arrived on campus (built into a 2006 BMW).

Q. How many Ponies does it take to change a tire?
A. Two. One to hold the martinis and the other to call daddy.
Rich jokes don't phase SMU'ers. Especially when you get them wrong. It takes one to mix the martinis and the other to call the dealer to get a new car. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

And I am afraid to open that link at work. I don't know what it could be.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 03:10 PM   #84
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: Dooby
Quote:
Originally posted by: DrbioAnd I am afraid to open that link at work. I don't know what it could be.
Well temptation was killing me..... so I clicked it only to find that my company blocks it. So it either has .mp3's on it or it's really bad.

edit: formatting... and to say thanks to Doc I might be having to look for a new job ( [img]i/expressions/moon.gif[/img] )

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]
Old 08-26-2005, 03:16 PM   #85
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

Quote:
Originally posted by: u2sarajevo
Quote:
Originally posted by: Dooby
Quote:
Originally posted by: DrbioAnd I am afraid to open that link at work. I don't know what it could be.
Well temptation was killing me..... so I clicked it only to find that my company blocks it. So it either has .mp3's on it or it's really bad.

edit: formatting... and to say thanks to Doc I might be having to look for a new job ( [img]i/expressions/moon.gif[/img] )

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]
Maybe you can get a job in academia like Doc and apparently look for pourn on the internet all day.

At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Old 08-26-2005, 04:18 PM   #86
Drbio
Banned

It blocks me too....I googled it and looked at the cached page. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Freaking genius.

PONY = Prostitutes of New York
Old 08-29-2005, 12:00 PM   #87
Drbio
Banned

5 days until the Punies get spanked. There is still time to buyout the game. It's what SMU should do. This is going to be ugly and I will be there to savor each and every second of it.
Old 08-29-2005, 01:29 PM   #88
Just211
Platinum Member

Just211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to all

doc, i heard have the bears couldn't practice due to Strep throat (sp?), you think that will make a difference?
Old 08-29-2005, 01:43 PM   #89
Dooby
Diamond Member

The annual seven game losing streak for Baylor starts early this year.

Just don't try to plug your motor home in next to my beamer, please.

Old 08-29-2005, 01:46 PM   #90
Dooby
Diamond Member

A Baylor student was visiting a Yankee relative in Boston over the holidays. He went to a large party and met
a pretty co-ed. He was attempting to start up a conversation with the tired line "Where do y'all go to school?"

The co-ed, of course, was not overly impressed with his grammar or southern drawl but did answer his question.
"Yale," she replied.

The Baylor student took a big deep breath and shouted, "WHERE DO Y'ALL GO TO SCHOOL!?"

Old 08-29-2005, 04:50 PM   #91
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by: Just211
doc, i heard have the bears couldn't practice due to Strep throat (sp?), you think that will make a difference?
Over a period of 3-4 days as many as 18 players were kept away as a precaution. I understand much of it was strep...some just allergies. As of today they are back to full strength. Coach Morris said it might have been a blessing in disguise as some of the guys got some rest and the backup guys had to bring it in practice. We shall see when we crush the fightless ponies this weekend.
Old 08-29-2005, 04:51 PM   #92
Drbio
Banned

Good one dooby. So how does it feel limping away from an arse kickin' from the southern drawlers?
Old 08-29-2005, 05:43 PM   #93
Dooby
Diamond Member

Quote:
Good one dooby. So how does it feel limping away from an arse kickin' from the southern drawlers?
Good luck against Samford. Hope you don't start off 0-2.

Old 08-29-2005, 06:53 PM   #94
Drbio
Banned

SMU....where the girls are girls and the guys are too.

It should be on the opening webpage. Nice slogan.
Old 08-30-2005, 07:48 AM   #95
Dooby
Diamond Member

Quote:
SMU....where the girls are girls and the guys are too.

It should be on the opening webpage. Nice slogan.
What are you? Eight?

What do you get when you cross a Baylor Bear with a Groundhog?

Six more weeks of bad football!!!

Old 08-30-2005, 11:12 AM   #96
Drbio
Banned

This really is one of my favorite threads.

This just in....kickoff is days away and the Ponies are already behind 14-0.
Old 08-30-2005, 12:43 PM   #97
Dooby
Diamond Member

Quote:
This really is one of my favorite threads.

This just in....kickoff is days away and the Ponies are already behind 14-0.
Even if we spot you 14 points, we are still going to win.

Old 08-30-2005, 12:47 PM   #98
Drbio
Banned

Moral victories do not count.

Baylor 31 -16
Old 08-30-2005, 12:57 PM   #99
Dooby
Diamond Member

Quote:
Moral victories do not count.

Baylor 31 -16
Baylor, who hasn't won more than two Div. 1-A games in any season since 1996, is the king of moral victories.

Old 08-30-2005, 01:00 PM   #100
Drbio
Banned

Nope. We take no moral victories. Only hard earned ones. You will feel the harsh stinging arsewhupped sensation on Saturday. It's appropriate that the game is at Ford field. As he once fell in front of the nation so shall the punies fall on Saturday.

Watch out preppies...hell is coming to dinner and da' Bears are serving it up hot.
Old 08-30-2005, 10:12 PM   #101
Drbio
Banned

I have a daughter who goes to SMU. She could’ve gone to UCLA here in California, but it’s one more letter she’d have to remember.
- Shecky Greene

"Well, there never was a Bible in the room."
- Texas Governor Bill Clements, asked about repeatedly lying about the SMU football scandal.

How SMU fans must feel....

You might be a Methodist if...

...you don't take Rolaids when your heart is strangely warmed

...you know that a circuit rider is not an electrical device

...The Upper Room is as essential to your bathroom as the toilet paper

...you felt that the NCAA penalties against SMU football were too harsh

...you've ever owned a pair of cross and flame boxer shorts

...you sit while singing "Stand up, stand up for Jesus"

...you've ever sung a gender-inclusive hymn

...tithing is encouraged but widely ignored

...half the people sitting in your pew lip-sync the words to the hymns

...the word "apportionment" sends a chill down your spine

...you realize pluralism isn't a communicable disease

...your! pastor has a hyphenated last name

...names like Aldersgate, Asbury, and Epworth are vaguely familiar

...you consider the monthly potluck a sacrament

...the only church camp song you know by heart is "Kum ba yah"

...you've ever attended an Annual Conference and actually enjoyed it

...you have an unexplained yearning to visit Wesley's Chapel in London

...your church is named for a geographical location rather than for a saint

...you've never heard a sermon on Hell and don't feel you're missing out

...you realize that VBS isn't a sexually transmitted disease

...your pastor moves every four or five years and you like it that way

...there's at least one person in every church meeting who says, "But we've never done it that way before"

...your congregation's Christmas pageant includes both boy and girl wise men

...you accept the fact that the hymn "O, for a thousand tongues to sing" has almost as many stanzas as tongues

...you know that the Wesleyan Quadrilateral isn't a trick football play involving four lateral passes

...you realize that the Book of Discipline is not a guide to getting your child to behave

...you understand that an "appointment" has nothing to do with keeping a lunch date

...you think "UMW" stands for United Methodist Women rather than the United Mine Workers

...you know the difference between a "diagonal" minister and a "Diaconal" minister

..."Good morning" has the status of a liturgical greeting in the worship service

...you say "trespasses" instead of "debts" in the Lord's Prayer and have no idea why

...your annual conference spends most of its time debating resolutions that nobody reads

...you'd rather be branded with a hot iron than serve on the Nominating Committee

...you've ever sipped Welch's grape juice out of a plastic shot glass during Communion

...you're asked to donate money to a "special offering" every other Sunday

...you pore over the Conference Journal with the same intensity you would read a John Grisham novel

...you have to fight through a cadre of greeters to get into the sanctuary

...when the worship service lasts for more than one hour, the beeping of watch alarms drowns out the final hymn

Old 08-31-2005, 08:13 AM   #102
Dooby
Diamond Member

Quote:
Nope. We take no moral victories. Only hard earned ones. You will feel the harsh stinging arsewhupped sensation on Saturday. It's appropriate that the game is at Ford field. As he once fell in front of the nation so shall the punies fall on Saturday.

Watch out preppies...hell is coming to dinner and da' Bears are serving it up hot.
Wrong Ford, jackass. Not to worry, though. We will have buildings with a President's name on them soon enough...and Baylor won't. Sorry.

While you are here in Dallas, allow me to show you where th Bush Library will be.

Old 08-31-2005, 09:10 AM   #103
Drbio
Banned

Right in the middle of a neighborhood that will have to be razed for a library? Bush has come out agains thte SCOUS decision of using eminent domain to do such things. How in the world could that happen? Naw...Bush likes his Western White House. I'm putting ten on Waco, I-35 and the Brazos River.

Gosh dooby...attacking the library site to conceal your fear of the Bears football team? I'm almost Savovic shocked. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 08-31-2005, 09:12 AM   #104
Drbio
Banned

BTW...where is a good pre-game beer flowing hangout near the stadium?
Old 08-31-2005, 09:52 AM   #105
Dooby
Diamond Member

Old 08-31-2005, 10:05 AM   #106
Dooby
Diamond Member

Quote:
Right in the middle of a neighborhood that will have to be razed for a library? Bush has come out agains thte SCOUS decision of using eminent domain to do such things. How in the world could that happen? Naw...Bush likes his Western White House. I'm putting ten on Waco, I-35 and the Brazos River.

Gosh dooby...attacking the library site to conceal your fear of the Bears football team? I'm almost Savovic shocked. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Silly Doc. SMU does things the way you'd expect them, too. With careful planning and a lot of cash. Eminent domain will not be necessary. SMU has been buying up land around the campus for years. The largest landlord in Highland Park is ... SMU. SMU has not one, not two, but three sights available for the Bush Library. One is the Condos/Apartments directly to the east of the campus between SMU and Central Expressway; a parcel slightly larger than Ford Stadium and the most likely site. Another is the Mrs. Baird's Bakery that was closed three years ago and is directly south of the campus. A third is the land directly across central expressway on SMU Boulevard.

My favorite quote from Bush on the subject was something to the effect of "After we leave the White House, Laura and I will have two homes. The ranch in Crawford and one near the Library...Uh, of course, if Baylor is chosen for the Library, we'll already have a house close by. Not that anything has been decided." Such a perfect Bush statement.

Doc, how many people on the Baylor Board of Trustees are married to the President? We only have the one. And his former press secretary. And three government appointees including a Secretary and an Ambassador. And his chief fundraiser. And his White House Counsel. And his minister. Oh, and he is a member of Highland Park United Methodist Church, located on the SMU campus.

Old 08-31-2005, 10:17 AM   #107
Dooby
Diamond Member

Quote:
BTW...where is a good pre-game beer flowing hangout near the stadium?
Hard to say. University Park is semi-dry. Highland Park is wet. The Campus is dry, but alcohol is allowed on the Boulevard from 7AM to Midnight on gameday (it used to be midnight to midnight, but the frats got a little crazy at 1AM). Best bar for me is the Barley House on Upper Yale (between Central and Greenville). It is where the Green Elephant used to be. The upstairs is the offices used to be the Dallas County Republican Party. Although I used to frequent both, I haven't been to the Barley House since it moved to the Green Elephant location (kids stop the bar hopping).

Good burger and cheese fries to be had at Snuffers on Lower Greenville. Good fried chicken at Bubba's on Hillcrest.

I'll be at my usual spot on the Boulevard across from Perkins before the game and probably Snuffers afterward.

Old 08-31-2005, 11:36 AM   #108
Drbio
Banned

Library talk does cover up the football apprehension well for SMU'ers.....[img]i/expressions/anim_laugh.gif[/img]

Thanks for the tips on the eats....for doing that I will share a little joke that I heard today.

A group of SMU blondes in an advanced math class at SMU were given the
assignment to measure the height of a flagpole. So they went out to the
flagpole with ladders and tape measures. They promptly fell off the
ladders, dropped the tape measures and pencils--the whole thing was just a
mess.

An engineering student came along and saw what they were trying to do. He
walked over, pulled the flagpole out of the ground, laid it flat, measured
it from end to end, and then gave the measurement to one of the blondes
and walked away.

After the engineer had gone, one blonde turned to another and laughed:
"Isn't that just like a dumb engineer? We're looking for the height and he
gives us the length!"

Old 08-31-2005, 12:32 PM   #109
Dooby
Diamond Member

Quote:
Library talk does cover up the football apprehension well for SMU'ers.....[img]i/expressions/anim_laugh.gif[/img]
The library issue is very important to SMU. Obviously if Baylor got it, they would be thrilled. But at SMU, right now, it is expected. I think you'd admit that SMU is the frontrunner right now. If SMU gets it, they will be naming buildings after our dean. If SMU doesn't get it, they may let him go. I am not kidding when I say SMU has already invested millions into this. Now it is money that can be recouped if they don't get it, but they do buy every house that comes on the market and every business property that goes up for sale near SMU, and we are talking the most expensive landlocked real estate in the country.

Old 08-31-2005, 06:09 PM   #110
Drbio
Banned

Everything you said about SMU has already happened at Baylor. We have a primo site ready on the river and I-35. Millions are in reserve, millions have been spent. We host his support staff often, he's been on campus, we've hosted the economic forum, etc. We have as many ties as SMU. Granted his wife is not on our board, but some of his closest friends are. It's a crapshoot at this point and yes we would be excited and most honored to have him. Now stop talking about lateral issues and get back to heckling dadgumit.

Those puny poines have bitten off more than they can chew and the Bears are going to kick them in the teeth.
Old 09-01-2005, 09:15 AM   #111
Dooby
Diamond Member

Question: How is the Baylor football team like a possum?
Answer: They play dead at home and get killed on the road.

Old 09-01-2005, 12:08 PM   #112
Drbio
Banned

Bear Kills Pony in New Jersey
Friday, March 18, 2005

ANDOVER, N.J. — Wildlife officials set a trap, baited with bacon and molasses, in hopes of catching a bear Friday that killed a pony and dragged its carcass away.

"No other animal would have the strength to do that kind of harm," said Elaine Makatura, a spokeswoman for the Department of Environmental Protection (search).

The owner found the pony's body Thursday at her farm in Sussex County (search) in northern New Jersey. The 15-year-old pony, named Phantom, suffered a broken neck and was dragged through two electric fences and up a hill.

Bear prints (search) were found.

"It was a big, big print," Patrolman Rod Mosner said. "It's amazing [the bear] had that much strength and power to drag a pony that far."

The pony weighed at least 250 pounds.

This time of year, bears are starting to leave the dens where they hibernated in winter, and spring plants have not grown enough to be a substantial food source, wildlife officials said.

Old 09-01-2005, 12:19 PM   #113
Drbio
Banned

Bears Kill Ponies in Mass Devastation in Dallas
September 3, 2005

Dallas, TX. "It was awful and quite frankly inhumane" lamented Buffy Boofant, SMU alumni after witnessing one of the most devastating maulings in known history. "Those Bears should be put down, they are crazy and ripped everything that moved to shreds" cried Biff "Debit Card" Wellington. "We never had a chance, it was awful. "It was like the time I tried to ask out a girl above my financial level on campus...just never had a chance" said one unknown alum who muttered something about a Dooby.

The Baylor Bears came to town on Saturday by special invitation from the SMU athletic director. "We would have never invited them on campus if we had known how brutal they were going to be. I haven't seen carnage like that since since the SMU administration gave away free pies at a coed sorority gathering. It was just awful." After the game, the SMU president (who wished to remain nameless) was asked what they thought of the game. "This game clearly hinged on one call that should have never been made." When reminded that SMU had lost by 50 and had 18 players lost for the year during the game, the unnamed president stated..."Oh no...they beat us badly, I was referring to the call the athletic director made a couple of years ago to schedule this game." "I don't know where to go from here. At least we play in a subpar crappy conference."

Future competitions are on hold until SMU can replentish their stock of splints, casts, bandaids and martini mixes.
Old 09-01-2005, 02:18 PM   #114
Dooby
Diamond Member

Deep down inside, every bear wants to be a pony.

Oh, and the line was at three, is down to 1.5. The money is on the Mustangs!

Old 09-01-2005, 03:03 PM   #115
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Friggin' hilarious stuff in here!
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 04:37 PM   #116
JLEEHASMUCHGAME

JLEEHASMUCHGAME will become famous soon enoughJLEEHASMUCHGAME will become famous soon enough

I agree, wholeheartedly, chum. Great stuff! lol
JLEEHASMUCHGAME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 05:05 PM   #117
capitalcity
Diamond Member

capitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant future

Dooby... Doc... stop arguing. Ya'll both know the Library is being awarded to UTA.

p.s. thanks for the UMC jokes, I've emailed them to Pastor Marilyn (a.k.a. mom)
Old 09-01-2005, 08:20 PM   #118
Drbio
Banned

No problemo Cap.....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

BTW, I accidentally ran across the mandatory SMU Pregame Tailgate Preparation pack. All SMU fans who wish to enjoy the pregame activities must purchase the following Official SMU Tailgating Kit
Old 09-02-2005, 08:32 AM   #119
Dooby
Diamond Member

Quote:
No problemo Cap.....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

BTW, I accidentally ran across the mandatory SMU Pregame Tailgate Preparation pack. All SMU fans who wish to enjoy the pregame activities must purchase the following Official SMU Tailgating Kit

Ditto. Baylor. Not sure I like your new mascot design:

Old 09-02-2005, 02:19 PM   #120
Drbio
Banned

hahaha.....Tomorrow...it's ON!