Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 08-09-2005, 03:25 PM   #1
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Kenny Rogers reinstated....

....according to the Ticket.

Will post an article when one is posted...
Old 08-09-2005, 03:40 PM   #2
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Kenny Rogers reinstated....

Arbitrator ends Rogers' suspension
Rangers pitcher will serve less than original 20-game penalty

Three-time All-Star Kenny Rogers shoved two cameramen when he came onto the field for pregame stretching June 29.

Updated: 4:37 p.m. ET Aug. 9, 2005

NEW YORK - Texas Rangers pitcher Kenny Rogers will be reinstated Wednesday after serving 13 days and 12 games of the 20-game suspension originally handed down by baseball commissioner Bud Selig, after a ruling by an arbitrator.

Late last month, Selig remained firm on his 20-game suspension of Rogers, despite complaints from the players’ union that Selig should not have handed out the penalty.

“We have another hearing, so I have to be careful,” Selig said. “But I think my statement which articulated my feelings very, very lucidly ... I believed when I meted out the punishment, I believed it then and I believe in it just as intensely today.”
Story continues below ↓ advertisement

Selig, in Atlanta for the 2005 Commissioner’s Initiative for Kids, imposed the suspension and a $50,000 fine for a June 29 videotaped tirade in which Rogers, a three-time All-Star, shoved two cameramen when he came onto the field for pregame stretching.

The players’ association filed a grievance on July 8, and arbitrator Shyam Das scheduled an Aug. 8 hearing after Selig made his decision Wednesday. Das turned down the union’s request to stay the suspension pending the new hearing, saying he didn’t think he had the authority, union general counsel Michael Weiner said.

The union contends that Bob Watson, baseball’s vice president in charge of discipline, should have made the initial decision, not Selig.

“Obviously, we don’t agree with that,” Selig said Thursday. “I am the commissioner and that is the decision that I made. The real question is what happened between the photographers and Kenny Rogers, and not who should or shouldn’t hand down the judgment.
Old 08-09-2005, 04:57 PM   #3
capitalcity
Diamond Member

capitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant future

Bud Selig is Kofi Annon.
Old 08-09-2005, 06:44 PM   #4
Mavdog
Diamond Member

Mavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud of
Default RE:Kenny Rogers reinstated....

kofi annon? what, he got a job for his son? or the people who worked for him made a bundle on the side?

all in all, I gotta say Selig has been a good commissioner. he's been a positive for the game.
Mavdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 07:41 PM   #5
mercury_rev

mercury_rev will become famous soon enough

Well shoot, C.J. Wilson won't face the Red Sox lineup. What a shame. [img]i/expressions/moon.gif[/img]
mercury_rev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 11:01 PM   #6
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

mavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of light

A must watch TV tomorrow. Kenny vs world champions. A full stadium of boos.
Old 08-09-2005, 11:24 PM   #7
ames7
Diamond Member

ames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to behold

While I think the original 20 game suspension was fair & agree on principle that it shouldn't have been shortened, I also think that if Selig is going to go around being righteous & make a big fuss about the reinstatement, maybe he shouldn't have made the mistake in the first place that gave Kenny that loophole. But mostly I'm just sick of hearing about this episode & would like to get on with baseball.

Suspiciously, CJ Wilson is still on the roster. RicRod went to the DL & the Eraser is up. This makes me very nervous.
Old 08-10-2005, 12:31 AM   #8
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

What a sickening decision. This is a huge black eye for justice and baseball.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote