Dallas-Mavs.com Forums
Old 08-10-2005, 03:38 PM   #1
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Terrell Owens leaves camp

After getting into an argument with head coach Andy Reid, TO walked away from camp today.

What a freaking turd burglar.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-10-2005, 03:44 PM   #2
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Terrell Owens leaves camp

There may be a football story that would make me happier than this, but I can't imagine what it would be.
Old 08-10-2005, 04:18 PM   #3
capitalcity
Diamond Member

capitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally posted by: dirno2000
There may be a football story that would make me happier than this, but I can't imagine what it would be.
word.

This is the year Philly falls off.

Old 08-10-2005, 04:25 PM   #4
AnMan21

AnMan21 will become famous soon enough

the article on ESPN said reid told him to leave, not that he just threw a fit and left. either way, he's a prick and i hope he sits out all year. the argument that if you underperform you can get cut, so if you overperform you should be able to demand more money is straight cow dung. if i stop working i get fired....but if i work my ass off i can't say, "hey boss, you'd better pay me more else i'll just sit out."
AnMan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 06:20 PM   #5
steponhens

steponhens is on a distinguished road
Default RE: Terrell Owens leaves camp

you also have the option to quit and take a job in the same field for more money if you would like to as well.

Anyway I would not mind at all to have owens on my team this year...but not after that.

Napolean: Whatever I feel like! God!
steponhens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 06:20 PM   #6
steponhens

you also have the option to quit and take a job in the same field for more money if you would like to as well.

Anyway I would not mind at all to have owens on my team this year...but not after that.

Old 08-10-2005, 06:20 PM   #7
steponhens

Old 08-10-2005, 06:22 PM   #8
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

SaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally posted by: capitalcity
Quote:
word.

The Eagles went to three straight NFC championships without TO. With McNabb, Westbrook, and their defense, they are still the top team in the NFC.

SaltwaterChaffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 06:22 PM   #9
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

SaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud of

Quote:
Quote:
word.

The Eagles went to three straight NFC championships without TO. With McNabb, Westbrook, and their defense, they are still the top team in the NFC.

Old 08-10-2005, 06:22 PM   #10
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

Quote:
Quote:
word.

Old 08-10-2005, 08:26 PM   #11
capitalcity
Diamond Member

capitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally posted by: SaltwaterChaffy
Quote:
Quote:
word.

It may be wishful thinking... but I honestly don't see how they win more than 10 games this year.

at ATL
at DAL
at KC
at STL
at DEN

OAK
SD
GB

... that's eight potential loses.
Old 08-10-2005, 08:26 PM   #12
capitalcity
Diamond Member

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
word.

It may be wishful thinking... but I honestly don't see how they win more than 10 games this year.

at ATL
at DAL
at KC
at STL
at DEN

OAK
SD
GB

Old 08-10-2005, 08:26 PM   #13
capitalcity
Diamond Member

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
word.

at ATL
at DAL
at KC
at STL
at DEN

OAK
SD
GB

Old 08-10-2005, 08:30 PM   #14
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

They're still the favorites if for no other reason than the NFC is a weak conference. That being said, Lewis and Brown could be the worst starting receiver tandem in the league and Westbrook is more of a change of pace back than a guy whose going to carry the load.

They have a nice defense but without T.O. they need to be the 2001 Ravens because it's going to be tough on McNabb.
Old 08-10-2005, 08:30 PM   #15
dirno2000
Diamond Member

They're still the favorites if for no other reason than the NFC is a weak conference. That being said, Lewis and Brown could be the worst starting receiver tandem in the league and Westbrook is more of a change of pace back than a guy whose going to carry the load.

They have a nice defense but without T.O. they need to be the 2001 Ravens because it's going to be tough on McNabb.
Old 08-10-2005, 08:30 PM   #16
dirno2000
Diamond Member

Old 08-10-2005, 09:50 PM   #17
capitalcity
Diamond Member

Id, Ego, Superego,... Terrell Owens

Old 08-10-2005, 09:50 PM   #18
capitalcity
Diamond Member

Old 08-10-2005, 09:50 PM   #19
capitalcity
Diamond Member

Old 08-10-2005, 11:14 PM   #20
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
genius cap.

[img]i/expressions/thumbsup.gif[/img]
Old 08-10-2005, 11:14 PM   #21
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
genius cap.

Old 08-10-2005, 11:14 PM   #22
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
genius cap.

Old 08-11-2005, 12:31 AM   #23
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Doubtless the revamped Dallas defense is a large reason why he wants to leave the division.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 12:31 AM   #24
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Doubtless the revamped Dallas defense is a large reason why he wants to leave the division.
Old 08-11-2005, 12:31 AM   #25
chumdawg
Guru

Old 08-11-2005, 01:10 AM   #26
dirno2000
Diamond Member

The funny think is, besides the nonsense on the star, I actually like TO. I wouldn't want him on my team but he's one of the more entertaining players in the league. Take today’s interview…he’s doing curls, crunches and tossing the football with the neighborhood while being interrogated by the media...the highest of high comedy.
Old 08-11-2005, 01:10 AM   #27
dirno2000
Diamond Member

The funny think is, besides the nonsense on the star, I actually like TO. I wouldn't want him on my team but he's one of the more entertaining players in the league. Take today’s interview…he’s doing curls, crunches and tossing the football with the neighborhood while being interrogated by the media...the highest of high comedy.
Old 08-11-2005, 01:10 AM   #28
dirno2000
Diamond Member

Old 08-11-2005, 04:19 AM   #29
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

the eagles will not go to the nfc championship game this year, period.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 04:19 AM   #30
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Contact Me
Old 08-11-2005, 04:19 AM   #31
alby
Guru

Contact Me
Old 08-25-2005, 10:27 PM   #32
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

the you can get cut argument does apply its the same thing. I still cant see complaining about 3.3 mil a year but he is one of the top 3 receivers in the league and he is not in the top 10 payed receivers. He screwed the pooch pr wise. Going after mcnabb was foolish. Also i think a way to get himself back up in the pr scheme would be to publicly say ok i will honor my contract and play IF you guarantee it. I guarantee you he would accept that. the eagles wouldnt do that because they will cut him in to years and he will never see most of the 50 mil on the contract. That is why nfl contracts are not the same as reported. Ie law got a 50 mil deal and there is no way he gets any where near 50 mil when all is said and done.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 07:45 AM   #33
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

1) Does the NFL allow guaranteed deals?

2) Should he have negotiated a shorter-term deal at a higher rate? Maybe he can sue his agent to make up the difference.
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 10:45 AM   #34
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

the nfl allows them and he should have done a better job negotiating but im just saying that the eagles stance of honor your contract is crap. I hate the eagles they are one of the few teams that i am glad to see suffer. Never will forgive them for cheering Irvin's career ending injury.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 10:54 AM   #35
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

For some reason, I thought that the labor agreement precluded guaranteed contracts.

Are guaranteed contracts a recent development?

Which players have guaranteed deals?
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 11:33 AM   #36
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: Five-ofan
the nfl allows them and he should have done a better job negotiating but im just saying that the eagles stance of honor your contract is crap. I hate the eagles they are one of the few teams that i am glad to see suffer. Never will forgive them for cheering Irvin's career ending injury.
This is a reason to hate Philly fans, not the organization. I've actually been very impressed by the way that the front office has handled this situation. Also, show me some numbers on receiver contracts. I'm somewhat lazy, but I recall TO being only behind Moss and Harrison in salary last year.