Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 01-22-2007, 09:36 PM   #81
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike
Mike Singletary...

while Big Bill was not totally "done" I'd say the way this team fell apart on him down the strech two years in a row would certianly have him close to the coffin of NFL coaching...

I'd like to see a younger guy...with offensive genius...and a willingness to adapt to the players around him....hummm...sound like anyone we know?
there it is...

baddest Bear to ever roam the woods.

He wasn't bad when he played in Chicago, either.
Old 01-22-2007, 10:45 PM   #82
raefformvp
Golden Member

raefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant future

I'm really going to miss the fake Parcells on the ticket. oh how he made me laugh! him and his fake cat. total greatness.

my boy cheering on the Mavs with his Mavs maraca and wearing his Jason Terry headband.
raefformvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 11:10 PM   #83
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

I damn sure wouldn't mind inviting Jimmy Johnson back.

Dirno- Urban Meyer is a great nomination. Truly great.

Sike- you hit ona great darkhorse candidate. I would not be shocked at all if Mike Singletary was brought in and had a successful interview. The guy is on the rise for sure.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 11:13 PM   #84
Drbio
Banned

BTW guys......as I type this I am in Norman, OK. I just got back from a great night out at Campus Corner. The talk was buzzing about how the OU admin had Stoops in the office today to make sure he was not going to be interested in the Dallas job.

If you ever get the chance....OU has a beautiful campus. It reminds me of Harvard with the architecture and the way the town surrounds the school. This is a fine institution.
Old 01-22-2007, 11:28 PM   #85
Chicken Diavlo

Chicken Diavlo is just really niceChicken Diavlo is just really niceChicken Diavlo is just really niceChicken Diavlo is just really niceChicken Diavlo is just really niceChicken Diavlo is just really nice

If you're Bob Stoops, do you take this job?
Chicken Diavlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 11:29 PM   #86
Drbio
Banned

Not according to the buzz locally in Norman.

Campus Corner rocks.
Old 01-22-2007, 11:32 PM   #87
Chicken Diavlo

Chicken Diavlo is just really niceChicken Diavlo is just really niceChicken Diavlo is just really niceChicken Diavlo is just really niceChicken Diavlo is just really niceChicken Diavlo is just really nice

Every Sooner fan would shit themselves if he did tho. Haha, that'd be great!

Bring in Stoops!
Old 01-22-2007, 11:36 PM   #88
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

no you dont, the best college jobs (and oklahoma is one) are better than nfl jobs.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 11:53 PM   #89
Drbio
Banned

I actually drank beer with some OU footballers tonight and they said coach Stoops told them he was here for a long time.

He isn't going anywhere.
Old 01-22-2007, 11:55 PM   #90
Chicken Diavlo

Certainly not drinking with freshmen and sophomores!? *gasp*
Old 01-23-2007, 12:16 AM   #91
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drbio
I actually drank beer with some OU footballers tonight and they said coach Stoops told them he was here for a long time.

He isn't going anywhere.
because college coaches NEVER lie about their plans...
Old 01-23-2007, 12:44 AM   #92
Drbio
Banned

5-0- I understand your point, but I was told that Stoops looked his players (some of them not all) in the eyes and said that they had work to do here (Norman). They very much believed him and I cannot fathom why a coach would do that to his players if he was not sure or sincere. I must tell you that I have a new found respect for OU. I had a wonderful time tonight with some of OU's student athletes. I met a couple of their footballers, track guys and one baseball player. All very classy. I walked in with a coworker wearing a BU shirt and they invited us to join them in this room off to the side. Very pleasant. We watched the end of the OU girls defeating TxTech and then the first half of the OU/OSU mens game. I had to leave at the half but we had a wonderful time and the campus is .....well.....pretty darned impressive.

Last edited by Drbio; 01-23-2007 at 01:18 AM.
Old 01-23-2007, 12:46 AM   #93
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicken Diavlo
Certainly not drinking with freshmen and sophomores!? *gasp*
Nope. (although some of the peripheral folk might haev been....not sure..they all look soooo young).
Old 01-23-2007, 01:17 AM   #94
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
5-0- I understand your point, but I was told that Stoops looked his players (some of them not all) in the eyes and said that they had work to do here (Norman). They very much believed him and I cannot fathom why a coach would do that to his players if he was not sure or sincere.
Maybe he adheres to the Butch Davis philosophy?

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 01:22 AM   #95
Five-ofan
Guru

i hope your right Doc, a really good friend of mine plays for OU and he went specifically because he was recruited by stoops. It would suck for him if stoops moves on. Like i said stoops has a better job already so i dont see why he would want the cowboys job anyway...
Old 01-23-2007, 03:31 AM   #96
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Well, I figured a clip of Bill Parcells singing "Everybody Hurts" by REM would be appropriate on this thread. So here you go -

http://droppage.theticket.com/parcel...ybodyhurts.mp3

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson

Last edited by FINtastic; 01-23-2007 at 03:33 AM.
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 08:29 AM   #97
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Doc, quit slobbering over OU -- it is not becoming. I realize you spend so much time in Waco that OU seems great, but there are campuses all over the country just as nice -- visit a few more every now and again.

Back to the title of the thread "Parcells Done!" --- after watching his coaching this year, he was done last year.

I have no clue who should be the next coach of the Cowboys, but I hope he is established, well respected, fairly young, fired-up, and detail oriented.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 09:59 AM   #98
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe Jerry can err... "coach" the team
Old 01-23-2007, 10:34 AM   #99
TripleDipping
Diamond Member

TripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud of

News outta Arkansas is that Houston Nutt is being considered for the position.
TripleDipping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 10:37 AM   #100
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleDipping
News outta Arkansas is that Houston Nutt is being considered for the position.
Don't fall for that. Propaganda used to fuel the "See! He MUST be a good coach if the Cowboys want him" fire.
Old 01-23-2007, 10:38 AM   #101
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-ofan
i hope your right Doc, a really good friend of mine plays for OU and he went specifically because he was recruited by stoops. It would suck for him if stoops moves on. Like i said stoops has a better job already so i dont see why he would want the cowboys job anyway...

Coaching in college is definitely easier. Especially when you’re filling up your recruiting classes with 4 and 5 star recruits every year.

But look at it this way, what does he have to lose? This new breed of coaches has huge egos and a lot of them want to prove to themselves (and everybody else) that they can get it done even with the playing filed isn’t tilted in their favor every year.

So he goes to the pros, makes $5MM+ and doesn’t have to deal with 17 year old kids, talk to alums or smooze big donors.

If it doesn’t work out, he’ll have his pick of available college jobs and now, when he’s sitting in the star QB’s living room he can tell him “I’ve been to the NFL and I can tell you how to get there”.
dirno2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 10:44 AM   #102
TripleDipping
Diamond Member

TripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocelot_ark
Don't fall for that. Propaganda used to fuel the "See! He MUST be a good coach if the Cowboys want him" fire.
I hope so. I'd be mighty pissed if Nutt goes to Dallas after all the BS that happened to the Razorbacks lately. With that said I don't think Nutt is a good fit for the Cowboys though.

Bring in Bill Cowher!
TripleDipping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 02:32 PM   #103
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleDipping
I hope so. I'd be mighty pissed if Nutt goes to Dallas after all the BS that happened to the Razorbacks lately. With that said I don't think Nutt is a good fit for the Cowboys though.

Bring in Bill Cowher!
As a Razorback fan, I'd LOVE for Nutt to move on to the Cowboys. as a Cowboy fan, I'd hate it.
Old 01-23-2007, 02:55 PM   #104
jacktruth
Golden Member

jacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud of

What about Jeff Fisher? I've heard that name a bit around the office.
jacktruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 03:10 PM   #105
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacktruth
What about Jeff Fisher? I've heard that name a bit around the office.
He's still under contract and the Titans relaased a statement saying that they would not allow him to talk to the Cowboys. Even if they did, it would take multiple draft picks to get him.
dirno2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 03:28 PM   #106
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

Uhm...Lovie Smith? His mama dreamed he'd be coach of the Cowboys.
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 06:25 PM   #107
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

Just heard on ESPN that the guy Jerry wants is former cowboy and current miami QB coach Jason Garrett. . They mentioned that its unsure if Jerry wants him now, or if he wants to groom him for a couple years with Wade Philips or Norv Turner.

Whoa

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 06:31 PM   #108
Five-ofan
Guru

I really think you guys are dismissing me too easily. I would make a great coach... Anyway. Since im probably not getting the job, I would like to at least interview Norm Chow though the vince young fan in me wants him to stay with vince for at least one more year and hopefully his career.
Old 01-23-2007, 10:34 PM   #109
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

Kirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant future

If I had to take a guess, this is how it would work out (and I wouldn't be too opposed to it):

Head Coach: Wade Phillips (has had head coaching experience, and knows the 3-4)
QB Coach/Pseudo-OC: Jason Garrett
DC: Either Gary Patterson or Brent Venables

Patterson's TCU teams have been amongst the best defenses in the country, but he's experienced running a 4-2-5 - a far cry from the 3-4 he'd be expected to run this year.

For DC, I would prefer Mike Singletary, but he has one of those Assistant Head Coach jobs which means he can't interview for anything but a head coaching gig.

Last edited by Kirobaito; 01-23-2007 at 10:38 PM.
Kirobaito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 10:44 PM   #110
mkat
Platinum Member

mkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonestarROB
Just heard on ESPN that the guy Jerry wants is former cowboy and current miami QB coach Jason Garrett. . They mentioned that its unsure if Jerry wants him now, or if he wants to groom him for a couple years with Wade Philips or Norv Turner.

Whoa
they meant as a QB coach. not headcoach.
mkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 10:45 PM   #111
mkat
Platinum Member

mkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirobaito
If I had to take a guess, this is how it would work out (and I wouldn't be too opposed to it):

Patterson's TCU teams have been amongst the best defenses in the country, but he's experienced running a 4-2-5 - a far cry from the 3-4 he'd be expected to run this year.

For DC, I would prefer Mike Singletary, but he has one of those Assistant Head Coach jobs which means he can't interview for anything but a head coaching gig.
Singletary should head coach...get phillips on D and Norv for O, and Garret for QB. you're set. From what i've heard, Singletary is more of a motivator coach than one who knows the ins and outs of the game.
Old 01-23-2007, 11:04 PM   #112
Five-ofan
Guru

No love for Norm chow?
Old 01-23-2007, 11:31 PM   #113
Nemesis
Diamond Member

Nemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud of

Fran is here for the taking.
Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 11:37 PM   #114
mkat
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-ofan
No love for Norm chow?
you think he'd do it?
Old 01-24-2007, 12:26 AM   #115
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirobaito

Really doubt that Patterson would leave Froggieland at this point in time. He just turned down the head coaching job at U Minnesota for a reported 1 million dollar raise! The Gophers were offering him $2.3 million/year.
Old 01-24-2007, 07:32 AM   #116
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkat
Singletary should head coach...get phillips on D and Norv for O, and Garret for QB. you're set. From what i've heard, Singletary is more of a motivator coach than one who knows the ins and outs of the game.
This is what I would like to see myself. Add to that Joe A or Bill B as Special Teams coach. With that said, you hire the head coach, and let him have 75% of the input on the coordinators. You don't hire Singletary and then find out that he has a major issue with Phillips or Turner or any of the other coaches.

Start at the top, and then let it roll downhill. Personally, I am not sure that Romo is a Turner type QB though.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 09:42 AM   #117
jacktruth
Golden Member

jacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkat
But wouldn't you want your head coach to be part of the process in selecting the defensive and offensive coordinators? Do you really think that these are the people he would pick?
jacktruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 11:11 AM   #118
mkat
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalmations202
This is what I would like to see myself. Add to that Joe A or Bill B as Special Teams coach. With that said, you hire the head coach, and let him have 75% of the input on the coordinators. You don't hire Singletary and then find out that he has a major issue with Phillips or Turner or any of the other coaches.

Start at the top, and then let it roll downhill. Personally, I am not sure that Romo is a Turner type QB though.
yeah i know...it's just the coaching lineup i'd like to see. if you're gonna do the 3-4, you might as well get a guy who knows how to use it, ya know?

i think romo *could* be a norv type QB..he's still pretty green, and norv could really turn him into something, imo.
Old 01-24-2007, 12:27 PM   #119
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Ed Werder seems to have it figured out.

Of particular interest:

Quote:
The Cowboys' plan for replacing Parcells at this point is to determine whether Garrett as offensive coordinator can call plays, develop the offensive scheme and manage the offensive coaching staff and the players -- particularly Terrell Owens. If it is determined that Garrett, who has never called plays, can handle that much responsibility, then the Cowboys are expected to pursue San Diego defensive coordinator Wade Phillips to replace Parcells. If Jones decides that Garrett is not quite ready for that role, he would be hired as offensive coordinator and then paired with Norv Turner, who can handle the overall offense.
I don't get it. Garret is a QB coach, and we're so enthralled with him we're going to base our coach search around him? Bring in people to help him until he's ready to be head coach?

If our head coach next season is Norv Turner I will be very, VERY displeased.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 12:37 PM   #120
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Please hire a coach and let him get his staff.... don't force a staff on him....