Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 09-20-2010, 12:54 PM   #41
Jack.Kerr
Golden Member

Jack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond repute

Quiet as a wake in here. 40 replies?

Times is sad in Dallas, indeed, when people can't even work up a good faunch over a Cowboys loss.
Jack.Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-20-2010, 04:50 PM   #42
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

Gruden, Gruden, Gruden
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 10:38 AM   #43
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack.Kerr View Post
Quiet as a wake in here. 40 replies?

Times is sad in Dallas, indeed, when people can't even work up a good faunch over a Cowboys loss.
What is there to say? This team is dumb as dog shit. From the coaches all the way down to the 53rd man. Dumb.as.dog.shit.

You can lay the blame in so many different places but this is what it all comes down to. Dumb.

We have the talent to absolutely be 2-0. We have the talent to make the playoffs. We have the talent to win the Super Bowl.

With that said, we are very, very, very dumb and that trumps talent every single time. If we can't get out of our own way and stop shooting ourselves in the foot with dumb playcalling and dumb penalties it won't matter.

I don't know who ultimately is to blame for the severe case of dumb that has spread across Dallas, but I do know that it is the job of the coaches to prevent dumb from infecting players. The problem is that much like the flu, if Daddy has it he can pass it to his children pretty fast. Daddy Phillips absolutely has it (as does Mother Ginger for that matter).

Can this be fixed? Hell if I know. They saw this shit coming in the Preseason and didn't fix it before falling to the Redskins. Then they had an opportunity to fix it prior to the Chicago game and failed again to resolve it. I just know that we are much, much better talent wise than our current 0-2 record, but that is what happens when you are the dumb.
Old 09-21-2010, 10:49 AM   #44
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

I am not nearly as invested in the Cowboys as I am with the Rangers and Mavs, but from where I sit we are seeing the foundation Parcells laid down for the organization start to really crumble. Jerry's ways of running the organization are taking hold again, and I think the franchise is headed downward until Jerry once again steps back and lets someone really run this team (which may never happen again).

They're still talented enough to compete this season, especially with the slow start from the rest of the NFC East, but I think we're at the edge of another crappy time to root for the Cowboys.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com

Last edited by jthig32; 09-21-2010 at 10:49 AM.
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 01:16 PM   #45
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Male29Dan View Post
What is there to say? This team is dumb as dog shit. From the coaches all the way down to the 53rd man. Dumb.as.dog.shit.

You can lay the blame in so many different places but this is what it all comes down to. Dumb.

We have the talent to absolutely be 2-0. We have the talent to make the playoffs. We have the talent to win the Super Bowl.

With that said, we are very, very, very dumb and that trumps talent every single time. If we can't get out of our own way and stop shooting ourselves in the foot with dumb playcalling and dumb penalties it won't matter.

I don't know who ultimately is to blame for the severe case of dumb that has spread across Dallas, but I do know that it is the job of the coaches to prevent dumb from infecting players. The problem is that much like the flu, if Daddy has it he can pass it to his children pretty fast. Daddy Phillips absolutely has it (as does Mother Ginger for that matter).

Can this be fixed? Hell if I know. They saw this shit coming in the Preseason and didn't fix it before falling to the Redskins. Then they had an opportunity to fix it prior to the Chicago game and failed again to resolve it. I just know that we are much, much better talent wise than our current 0-2 record, but that is what happens when you are the dumb.
Yep, what Dan said................

For some reason the dumb is woefully contagious.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 10:02 AM   #46
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
I am not nearly as invested in the Cowboys as I am with the Rangers and Mavs, but from where I sit we are seeing the foundation Parcells laid down for the organization start to really crumble. Jerry's ways of running the organization are taking hold again, and I think the franchise is headed downward until Jerry once again steps back and lets someone really run this team (which may never happen again).

They're still talented enough to compete this season, especially with the slow start from the rest of the NFC East, but I think we're at the edge of another crappy time to root for the Cowboys.
We were top-5 in penalties at least one of Parcells' years, maybe more. This isn't about talent crumbling, this is about dumb setting in moreso than in the past. Stupid play calling. Running the ball 25-30% of the time. Just dumb, dumb things.

I don't see us anywhere remotely near the edge of another crappy time to root for the Cowboys, but I do see us at the edge of a single wasted season that will absolutely force Jerry's hand to cut ties with Wade and possibly even Ginger if he continues to dumb it up. With the right selections (Cowher, Gruden, etc) that could be the absolute best thing to happen for us, though it would really, really piss me off in the present.

We are built to win for 4-5 more years in all likelihood because after that Tony will be in the twilight stages of his career (he is 29 right now I believe). We can't waste those years with dumb coaches, dumb play calling, and dumb penalties forcing us to fail despite talent that is as good or better than any other team in the league. We just can't.

No doubt about it - if we miss the playoffs in the year that we could have hosted the Super Bowl one or both are absolutely gone and there will be some players moving around as well. If it turns out that there is no longer a cap (will NOT happen) us missing the playoffs will turn this team into the Yankees regarding throwing money at the problem.

Tags
we win super balls now?