Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

View Poll Results: Who should be next Cowboys Coach??
Keep Wade Phillips 4 8.51%
Hire Bill Cowher 25 53.19%
Hire Jimmy Johnson 4 8.51%
Promote Jason Garrett to Head Coach 4 8.51%
Hire someone else(3rd party) 10 21.28%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-26-2010, 09:47 AM   #41
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalmations202 View Post
Cowboys season over before Halloween.
Rangers in the World Series.

Rangers have used up all the good karma.

Mavs don't stand a chance this year.
quoted for truth
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-26-2010, 10:02 AM   #42
Mav Addict
Golden Member

Mav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud of

We definitely will be drafting lineman this year, but without a new coaching staff, it will not make too much of a difference...Columbo and Davis are no longer the consistent....Kosier cannot stay healthy

13 rushing attempts is mind boggling when your starting QB is out...does Garrett not have faith that our line can block on the run?...well I dont think they can, so maybe Garrett is not at fault...but he is very, very, and I mean very predictable....especially since they never throw down field

Sensabaugh, Ball, and Scandrick should not start at all...the cowboys should really take a look at some free agents for these positions...think about if we would have got AJ Otogwe as our FS this off season ...Sensabaugh simply cannot tackle....Scandrick is too small....and Ball is is just not good

Bradie and Brooking are average at best...with this being said why dont they go back to a 4-3 with ...with Ware, Spencer, and Bradie/Brooking as the 3 linebacker and go get a fat DT like Pat Williams to play next to Ratliff

Kitna was atrocious in the beginning but he settled down later...we need an real backup QB, maybe they should give Mcgee all the practice reps this week and let him start the next game...They should also look in FA for a quality backup

I dont even want Wade or Garrett as coordinators, I would prefer an entirely new coaching staff...and I would like the the new head coach to pick out his assistants, not the other way around

Jerry has alot of work to do this offseason and it will start with the Draft
Old 10-26-2010, 11:22 AM   #43
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mav Addict View Post
We definitely will be drafting lineman this year, but without a new coaching staff, it will not make too much of a difference...Columbo and Davis are no longer the consistent....Kosier cannot stay healthy

13 rushing attempts is mind boggling when your starting QB is out...does Garrett not have faith that our line can block on the run?...well I dont think they can, so maybe Garrett is not at fault...but he is very, very, and I mean very predictable....especially since they never throw down field

Sensabaugh, Ball, and Scandrick should not start at all...the cowboys should really take a look at some free agents for these positions...think about if we would have got AJ Otogwe as our FS this off season ...Sensabaugh simply cannot tackle....Scandrick is too small....and Ball is is just not good

Bradie and Brooking are average at best...with this being said why dont they go back to a 4-3 with ...with Ware, Spencer, and Bradie/Brooking as the 3 linebacker and go get a fat DT like Pat Williams to play next to Ratliff

Kitna was atrocious in the beginning but he settled down later...we need an real backup QB, maybe they should give Mcgee all the practice reps this week and let him start the next game...They should also look in FA for a quality backup

I dont even want Wade or Garrett as coordinators, I would prefer an entirely new coaching staff...and I would like the the new head coach to pick out his assistants, not the other way around

Jerry has alot of work to do this offseason and it will start with the Draft
Do you honestly think there's even the SLIGHTEST chance that Wade Phillips will be coaching the Cowboys next year? I don't think there is.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 11:27 AM   #44
Mav Addict
Golden Member

Mav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
Do you honestly think there's even the SLIGHTEST chance that Wade Phillips will be coaching the Cowboys next year? I don't think there is.
You are right b/c Jerry needs is trying to sell tickets, and there is no way no one will throw away that much money to watch a team under this staff
Old 10-26-2010, 11:33 AM   #45
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

That hurts. I mean. How long are the players practicing ? Season ends in Feb. and kicks off in Sept. and then it´s over after a few gamedays. That´s really embarrassing.
OK, daily business for the Browns or the Bills, but for the Cowboys... I wonder how much money is down the drain for almost nothing.
Old 10-26-2010, 01:48 PM   #46
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Male29Dan View Post
Nah, truthfully I gave up on their season after the loss last week. I was pissed as hell prior to that even with the Rangers in the playoffs. Sure, maybe it removes some of the sting, but the truth of the matter is that even with a win last night and no Romo injury, it would have been a long uphill climb to win the division or even get a wild card spot (1 back in the loss column and 2 back in the win column). One that, if we fell just short of, would give us a middle to late round pick instead of a top 5 pick.

As it stands now, we have the potential to pull a move out of the Spurs' hat and draft a true stud, get Romo back, have a coaching staff that demands excellence and holds people accountable, and truly find ourselves right back in contention for a Super Bowl.

This team is talented. We need safety help and offensive line help primarily (improved DE play and a great ILB would be nice if none of the youth pans out, but I think Lee will for sure). I would LOVE to see a stud OT drafted in the top-5 to team with Free; however, this upcoming draft doesn't really have a T worthy of a top-10 pick.

Maybe a true stud CB that could move Newman to the nickel CB or possibly FS (and limit Scandrick to backup/injury minutes ONLY) to improve our secondary (which was obviously picked to pieces last night) would be a smart way to go. If we did that and then signed a top-tier SS in the offseason (or even spent a top-4 pick on one) we would greatly improve our secondary and, as a direct result, our overall defense.

If we do go defense in the 1st we would almost have to pick an OL with each of the next 3 picks. With that said, considering our high draft pick likelihood, the 2nd round pick is basically a 1st round pick from where we expected to be picking, the 3rd is basically a 2nd, and so on. So considering the first OL might not be selected until pick 15 we might have a good chance at getting whoever would be "our guy" with our 2nd round choice.

A dream scenario for me for rounds 1-4 would be as follows:

1st round: CB - Patrick Peterson/Prince Amukamara (instant starter opposite Jenkins and push Newman to Nickel CB or FS)
2nd round: OT - DeMarcus Love (instant starter at LT or RT)
3rd round: OG - Orlando Franklin (depending on direction with Kosier/Davis and FA, potential starter)
4th round: OG - Stephen Schilling (depth/spot starter)

We could also move down from the top 5 to roughly the 15th pick or so to get the top OT on the board (likely Castonzo or Sherrod) and then look CB or S in the 2nd (or both) while using the 3rd and 4th on internal lineman. Or we could look at FA for both OL and DB help and draft the best players available. A lot of options...

No doubt though, picking in the top 5 is like having two first rounders so we should be greatly improved after next year's draft. Add that with Romo's health and a new coaching staff and there is reason to be excited for 2011 and beyond.
Love the idea, but somewhere in the top 3 rounds, I want an inside linebacker with ability and attitude. Someone to start beside Lee next year, and both inside backers gone. IMO, both were taken to the shower stall in the local prison last night and shown the world of prison life. Neither seemed to have any fight with it, just acceptance.

Between the ILB's and the OL, the team was punk'd last night severely.

Hate to say it, but a strength and conditioning coach would be gone today, IF it were my team. That was pathetic.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 02:13 PM   #47
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

Bodog.com has placed odds on who will be the Cowboys' head coach at the beginning of the 2011 season.

Jon Gruden -- 3/2
Bill Cowher -- 5/2
Jason Garrett -- 4/1
Wade Phillips -- 50/1
Any other coach -- 1/1

The leading candidate in the "any other coach" crowd would be Carolina's John Fox. He appears to be on his way to an end-of-the-season divorce with the Panthers, but he's a proven head coach who happens to be good pals with Jerry and Stephen Jones.
Old 11-05-2010, 08:30 AM   #48
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsX View Post
Bodog.com has placed odds on who will be the Cowboys' head coach at the beginning of the 2011 season.

Jon Gruden -- 3/2
Bill Cowher -- 5/2
Jason Garrett -- 4/1
Wade Phillips -- 50/1
Any other coach -- 1/1

The leading candidate in the "any other coach" crowd would be Carolina's John Fox. He appears to be on his way to an end-of-the-season divorce with the Panthers, but he's a proven head coach who happens to be good pals with Jerry and Stephen Jones.
I take either of those top two and smile VERY big.
Old 11-07-2010, 09:48 PM   #49
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Not even a GDT anymore... this is hard to watch.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 10:08 PM   #50
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one View Post
Not even a GDT anymore... this is hard to watch.
brutal

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 10:31 PM   #51
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike View Post
brutal
I hate watching this, but I'm okay with it. I hope the Cowboys don't win another game this season. All this losing is putting them in great position for the draft next year.
Old 11-07-2010, 10:39 PM   #52
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I hate watching this, but I'm okay with it. I hope the Cowboys don't win another game this season. All this losing is putting them in great position for the draft next year.
I got there a couple games ago....but I'm also, not watching. I just flip over occasionally.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 11-08-2010, 12:32 AM   #53
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Pray to God we have a competent coach/owner that can draft by then.
Old 11-08-2010, 02:37 AM   #54
mavspwnage
Golden Member

mavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant future

I'm looking more and more forward to going to the Cowboys-Lions game in two weeks than ever before. Because now I can cheer for Stafford (if he plays) and the Lions and not feel bad about it. I'm stoked to wear my new shirt.

Last edited by mavspwnage; 11-08-2010 at 02:41 AM.
mavspwnage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 05:15 AM   #55
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windmill360 View Post
Pray to God we have a competent coach/owner that can draft by then.
Unfortunately the owner aint going anywhere. As for the coach, my money's on Gruden. Jerry will probably talk to Cowher (if he hasn't already), but I don't think Cowher wants to coach badly enough to even try to work for Jerry. Gruden OTOH would love the opportunity. I could see Jerry and him co-existing much more easily than I could Jerry and Cowher. Beyond that, he definitely wants to coach somewhere.

Either way, as stubborn as he is, I think Jerry is at least smart enough to understand that he can't hire another yes man. The whole world knows the Cowboys are in this mess because of his refusal to hire a competent coach. His reputation with Cowboys fans and the entire national media is hanging by a thread. As much as it may pain him to give up some control of the team, he has to know that he just can't afford to hire another Wade Phillips.
Old 11-08-2010, 06:12 AM   #56
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Changes won't include Jerry Jones' role

link

GREEN BAY, Wis. -- While Jerry Jones indicated that major changes are coming, he made it clear that he doesn't intend to fire himself as general manager.

"Don’t imply that my role is going to change at all," Jones said. "Don’t do that. You’ll get something stuck."

There aren't many other Cowboys employees whose jobs are safe at the moment, as should be the case when a team expected to contend falls to 1-7 after its fifth consecutive loss.

"I had felt that there were parts of our team that had fundamental soundness," Jones said. "We didn’t have any soundness out there tonight. Certainly, when you address that, you can address a lot of things -- the people that play the game, the people that coach the game, the people that make the decisions about the people that play and coach the game. All of those things should be addressed."

You could certainly argue that Jones' role should also be addressed, but that isn't going to happen.
What is it they say about doing the same thing over and over while expecting different results each time?

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 10:50 AM   #57
MavsX
Diamond Member

so annoyed. i really hope jerry wises up and also i hope he quits talking to the media. All he does is put a target on our backs. He is partially to blame for all of this.
Old 11-08-2010, 11:00 AM   #58
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, this season is such a disaster that nobody even bothered to renew the dallascowboys.com domain...

Old 11-08-2010, 11:12 AM   #59
Underdog

Quote:
Wade Phillips not at Valley Ranch?

link

IRVING -- As of 9 a.m. CT on Monday, Dallas Cowboys coach Wade Phillips was not seen at Valley Ranch.

His leased SUV which is parked outside the scouting department's office was not there, but that doesn't mean the coach was fired. Phillips is taking heat following a 45-7 loss to the Green Bay Packers on Sunday night which has put his team's losing streak at five games.

Cowboys owner/general manager Jerry Jones normally meets with the coaches on Monday to watch film of the game, but it wasn't determined if that had happened yet.

After the loss, Jones said he wants to evaluate the entire organization and expressed frustration with his 1-7 team.

"There are a lot of people here who are certainly going to suffer and suffer consequences," Jones said after the game. "I'm talking about within the team, players, coaches, who have got careers. This is certainly a setback. I know first hand what it is to have high expectations."

Phillips would not confirm if he spoke to Jones after the game and wouldn't get into specifics regarding his job status. Cowboys officials are still planning a 4 p.m. CT news conference with Phillips.

"Wade is going to keep fighting," linebacker Keith Brooking said. "We're not going to lose him. I have so much respect for Wade, the man, [and] that he is the coach, the success that he's had in this league. In saying that, it's none of my business as far as what Mr. Jones is thinking and the decisions he's going to make. I fully support Wade. I believe in him and he's our head coach and that's the only way you can look it."
I guess now is as good a time as any to find out if Garrett is head coach material...

Last edited by Underdog; 11-08-2010 at 11:14 AM.
Old 11-08-2010, 11:18 AM   #60
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

What would the purpose of firing Wade now be? Cowher/Gruden/any other respectful coach isn't going to come into a 1-7 listless team mid-season. So would they promote from within a coach in a temp position? That has Jason Garrett written all over it, and if that happens you can just kill me now. Or how about Dave Campo? Who would run the defense? ...assuming anyone's been running it this year....
Old 11-08-2010, 11:33 AM   #61
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2sarajevo View Post
What would the purpose of firing Wade now be? Cowher/Gruden/any other respectful coach isn't going to come into a 1-7 listless team mid-season. So would they promote from within a coach in a temp position? That has Jason Garrett written all over it, and if that happens you can just kill me now. Or how about Dave Campo? Who would run the defense? ...assuming anyone's been running it this year....
I think the idea would be to promote Garrett just to SEE if he's head coach material.

Nobody expects the season to turn around at this point, but you can start removing variables like Philips from the equation to determine where your problems lie (there are so many right now that you can't exactly tell what does and doesn't work).

If Garrett doesn't pan out (which he probably won't), then you proceed to hire a Gruden/Cowher-type in the offseason.

That's as win-win as you're gonna get this season...

Last edited by Underdog; 11-08-2010 at 11:33 AM.
Old 11-08-2010, 11:37 AM   #62
sike
The Preacha

Its sad...but I think its almost what you deserve when you hire a career loser like Wade.

Old 11-08-2010, 12:15 PM   #63
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

It would make sense to fire him now for his own good. Wade doesn't look like he can handle it anymore. He sure as heck can't handle the team. He reminds me of a dirty, whimpering dog lost in an alleyway with no hope and no way out. Why even subject him to another press conference? What could he say? It is going to be a lashing of the worst kind. He deserves it, but firing him now is good enough.

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 12:50 PM   #64
Hondo

Hondo has a spectacular aura aboutHondo has a spectacular aura aboutHondo has a spectacular aura about

Let Jerry Jones get out there and coach since he's got all the answers.
Hondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 01:40 PM   #65
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
I think the idea would be to promote Garrett just to SEE if he's head coach material.

Nobody expects the season to turn around at this point, but you can start removing variables like Philips from the equation to determine where your problems lie (there are so many right now that you can't exactly tell what does and doesn't work).

If Garrett doesn't pan out (which he probably won't), then you proceed to hire a Gruden/Cowher-type in the offseason.

That's as win-win as you're gonna get this season...
...and if Garrett does pan out and we somehow go 5-3 over the last 8? Then Jones keeps him in the offseason and passes up some true stud coaches. I say go with Campo with everyone's eyes fully wide open that it is interim only. Garrett needs to go right along with Phillips as far as I am concerned.

Last edited by Male30Dan; 11-08-2010 at 01:40 PM.
Male30Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 01:59 PM   #66
Mav Addict
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Male29Dan View Post
...and if Garrett does pan out and we somehow go 5-3 over the last 8? Then Jones keeps him in the offseason and passes up some true stud coaches. I say go with Campo with everyone's eyes fully wide open that it is interim only. Garrett needs to go right along with Phillips as far as I am concerned.
I agree...he is too one dimensional and very predictable....seriously, his calls are borderline Madden video game play selections....three straight runs on 3rd and 1 was as predictable and Lebron not coming to Dallas

I wonder what Jerry thinks of Garrett now since he hired Garrett before Wade...see what happens when you over value talent and coaches....Hudson Houck and Joe Decamilis are two of the best position coaches in the game, but the special teams and the O line was/is atrocious...Wade's D is/was garbage

So again is it the case of dumb students or bad teachers?
Old 11-08-2010, 02:05 PM   #67
sike
The Preacha

Garrett has head coach seems highly unlikely to me at this point. Unless Jones really can't face ANY of the music of his decisions and instead just dumps the entire load of blame on Wade.

Old 11-08-2010, 02:23 PM   #68
Underdog

Quote:
So again is it the case of dumb students or bad teachers?
Didn't the same guy hire both the students and the teachers?

The best thing Jerry can do right now is to get out of his own way...

Old 11-08-2010, 02:24 PM   #69
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

Well it's official now. Wade out. Garrett the interim. Per Babe Laufenburg twitter.
Old 11-08-2010, 02:32 PM   #70
Mav Addict
Golden Member

At this point someone had to be accountable....but seriously Jerry making this move mid season leaves me to believe he had another candidate all this time and and now they will have extra time for the coach to implement his new offense

Garrett is the new lame duck til next season, eh?

Does anybody know how much extra time a new coaching staff get during training camp?
Old 11-08-2010, 03:00 PM   #71
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windmill360 View Post
Well it's official now. Wade out. Garrett the interim. Per Babe Laufenburg twitter.
Good...Garret as interim is fine as long at it doesn't have a chance to turn into a long term thing.

Old 11-08-2010, 03:04 PM   #72
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

So the 0% from above won..........woooohoooo!

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 03:09 PM   #73
Mav Addict
Golden Member

Quote:
Good...Garret as interim is fine as long at it doesn't have a chance to turn into a long term thing.
This is Jason Garrett's time to shine....to show if he is in fact underrated or overrated....im leaning towards the the latter

So who gonna call the defensive plays?... not Bradie or Ball I hope...LOL
Old 11-08-2010, 03:11 PM   #74
Underdog

Quote:
So who gonna call the defensive plays?
My guess is Campo.

Old 11-08-2010, 03:14 PM   #75
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

New strategy...

Water sucks. It really really sucks.

Is this ghost ball??
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 03:23 PM   #76
Mav Addict
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
My guess is Campo.
From the frying pan into the fire.

Campo's secondary is the the most atrocious secondary in the league!

However he is well respected in that locker room
Old 11-08-2010, 03:28 PM   #77
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
However he is well respected in that locker room
How do you know this?

Old 11-08-2010, 03:28 PM   #78
Mav Addict
Golden Member

Finally no more listening to his dumb excuses during press conferences with his irritating voice

his response to most questions was... "Well, umm, err, my defense hasn't allowed a 100 yard rusher in 2 years"....
Old 11-08-2010, 03:31 PM   #79
Mav Addict
Golden Member

Quote:
How do you know this?

This is what Nick Eatman says all the time on Cowboys Lunch Break ...ever since he left as head coach and came back eating humble pie and became respected.....not understanding how, b/c to me he seems like a Wade 2.0
Old 11-08-2010, 03:33 PM   #80
Underdog

Quote:
This is what Nick Eatman says all the time on Cowboys Lunch Break ...ever since he left as head coach and came back eating humble pie and became respected.....not understanding how, b/c to me he seems like a Wade 2.0
Isn't Eatman employed by the Cowboys?

Tags
fluffy pandering