Dallas-Mavs.com Forums
Old 11-30-2010, 02:25 AM   #1
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute
Default TCU Moves to the Big East

Maybe this won't interest many here, but I figured I would start this thread anyways. As a TCU alum, I have to say I'm a little excited about the move to a big name conference. Given that I've always been more of a college basketball fan than football fan, I'm intrigued on what this move could mean for the basketball program.

The impact this move will have our football program is currently getting the press, but I think the potential is there for it to have a much greater impact on the basketball program. You have to believe that being a part of one of the top two basketball conferences (with all the television exposure that comes with it) will make for a pretty enticing recruiting pitch for local talent. As anyone who has followed the local recruiting scene over the last ten years will tell you, there's been plenty of talent to emerge from the Dallas-Fort Worth area. I'm wondering if this deal has the potential to put TCU on the map in basketball. If nothing else, it will be pretty sweet to have a chance to watch teams like Syracuse, UConn, and Georgetown in person at Daniel Meyer Colliseum.

As far as football, I don't think I have much to complain about here either.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson

Last edited by FINtastic; 11-30-2010 at 02:30 AM.
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-30-2010, 08:39 AM   #2
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

Great move for TCU. It seems like the Big 12 has taken a lesson from the Southwest Conference Survival Guide.
Old 11-30-2010, 09:43 AM   #3
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

i'm excited about it. i live in Syracuse, used to live in Austin, and i think it could be really good for all involved. plenty of high school football talent in Texas for Big East schools to recruit, assuming some of that should trickle down. and TCU has had some prior success in hoops. it can only help TCU in both sports.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 12:59 AM   #4
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

Kirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant future

In 2012, how many points will TCU lose every Big East game by? Good God, they're going to get clobbered.