Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 10-02-2011, 03:33 PM   #121
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

Fake Jerry in the musers should be a blast tomorrow.
Old 10-02-2011, 03:34 PM   #122
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Detroit scored 21 points off of Tony Romo turnovers - 14 of which were actually a direct result of the very throw. How many teams can overcome that? To put that in perspective, how many teams can start off down 21 and come back and win?

Well, besides Detroit I mean...
Old 10-02-2011, 03:35 PM   #123
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Huge, huge, huge kick in the nuts.

F it all. It's just a carnival, anymore.

Last edited by u2sarajevo; 10-02-2011 at 07:45 PM.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 03:40 PM   #124
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg View Post
Huge, huge, huge kick in the nuts.

Fit all. It's just a carnival, anymore.
Yup...

So funny that question from Pam Oliver to Stafford btw...

"OK, what happened at half time Matthew that indicated that something like this was possible for you guys after the lifelessness that we saw really in that first half?"

"Nothing really. We were planning to be 3-1 and happy with the first quarter of the season. Then Romo decided that 2-2 felt better for Cowboy fans than 3-1. Hey Tony, thanks. We like 4-0 too."

Last edited by u2sarajevo; 10-02-2011 at 07:45 PM.
Male30Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 03:42 PM   #125
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Old 10-02-2011, 03:47 PM   #126
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

That was about as terrible as it gets.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 03:49 PM   #127
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Question to Garrett:

"On Tony's last interception..."

You never want to hear that question formed that way.
Old 10-02-2011, 03:50 PM   #128
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

Well, that.

Hard to defend Romo. Made big mistakes with both the 1st and the 3rd pick.

I haven't given up on him, but he's getting no love from me this week. He's got the rest of the season; figure it out. He's the best option we got, and if he ever does get it right it's a pretty good option. I don't know. I always thought he would, I always thought it was a matter of time, but I don't know anymore. I don't even want to think about it...hopefully, if all goes as planned, the next time I think about the Cowboys is two weeks from now.

Last edited by u2sarajevo; 10-02-2011 at 07:46 PM.
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 03:53 PM   #129
Jon Avalon
Platinum Member

Jon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to all

Once sensabaugh went down, i had a feeling something was going to happen and the momentum would shift. But i didn't expect that outcome :/

Oh well, I'm going back to watching Mavs vids.........who's with me?

Last edited by u2sarajevo; 10-02-2011 at 07:46 PM.
Jon Avalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 04:06 PM   #130
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike View Post
Is it too much to say I think we have a pretty good idea of who/what Tony Romo is?
Nope...you've pretty much got him pegged at this point.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 04:17 PM   #131
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

It just sucks to know that Romo can blow the game at any point with horrible decisions. It seems being a Cowboys fan will always be uneasy as long as he is the QB.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 04:23 PM   #132
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcat075 View Post
Well, that.

Hard to defend Romo. Made big mistakes with both the 1st and the 3rd pick.

I haven't given up on him, but he's getting no love from me this week. He's got the rest of the season; figure it out. He's the best option we got, and if he ever does get it right it's a pretty good option. I don't know. I always thought he would, I always thought it was a matter of time, but I don't know anymore. I don't even want to think about it...hopefully, if all goes as planned, the next time I think about the Cowboys is two weeks from now.
That is the single reason he hasn't been given up on for all of his stupidity to date. Frankly, we need to (both as fans and as decision makers for this team) understand that Tony is a very talented but incredibly limited (due to his dumb) QB that will never win a Super Bowl for our franchise.

As much as I want to tie Pittsburgh for the most titles ever, Tony will NOT get us there. He just won't.

Last edited by u2sarajevo; 10-02-2011 at 07:47 PM.
Old 10-02-2011, 04:30 PM   #133
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

Really sad. Blowing a 3 TD lead is not acceptable. If i was Romo, i´d quit !
Old 10-02-2011, 04:36 PM   #134
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

OK, back to baseball...
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 05:01 PM   #135
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Male30Dan View Post
...Tony is a very talented but incredibly limited (due to his dumb) QB that will never win a Super Bowl for our franchise.
I for one think Tony's arm is incredibly average.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 05:07 PM   #136
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike View Post
I for one think Tony's arm is incredibly average.
Definitely don't agree but if you do feel that way (and given how you must feel about his intelligence - rather lack thereof) I take it you are fairly fed up with our "leader" of Cowboys Nation.

Last edited by Male30Dan; 10-02-2011 at 05:08 PM.
Old 10-02-2011, 05:17 PM   #137
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Wow... Just went over and decided to try to make my way through some of the comments on BTB and, well, it was the equivalent of looking in a mirror.

Give it a read if you are brave enough...
Old 10-02-2011, 05:19 PM   #138
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
That is the single reason he hasn't been given up on for all of his stupidity to date. Frankly, we need to (both as fans and as decision makers for this team) understand that Tony is a very talented but incredibly limited (due to his dumb) QB that will never win a Super Bowl for our franchise.

As much as I want to tie Pittsburgh for the most titles ever, Tony will NOT get us there. He just won't.
Tony gives us a better shot than, I don't know, Stephen McGee back there. If you think we need to be looking for a QB this offseason, then that's one thing, but as of right now, he's sure as hell the best thing we have. It's not like we need a manager back there who just doesn't make mistakes while our awesome run game wins games. What run game? The only offense the Cowboys have gotten this year has been thanks to Romo making plays. Realize that. He's also up and made plays the other way to help lose games, but he was the reason the Cowboys had the lead to start with.

Remember, he got to the Divisional round two years ago, and it wasn't his fault they lost there (offensive line and defense was clearly to blame). And last year, he was playing pretty well minus half a dozen interceptions off receivers' hands at the beginning of the year, and the myriad other issues the Cowboys were having was ruining his efforts.

Always the optimist, I'm going to ignore Game 1 this year. First real game back from the broken collarbone, with a tumultuous offseason not helping him get back into form, and he was rusty. He made two critical mistakes, both on him, and they lost. They weren't even suppose to be in the game. I actually heard a lot of people expressing this opinion after Romo did well in Game 2.

That leaves us with two games that Romo clearly won for us despite everything working against him to lose the game, and a game that he lost with a huge lead making it easy to win the game. He's an enigma, but I say there's not nearly enough data to draw any conclusions. And I know, a lot of the arguments are based on former seasons, but again, I'd consider both of his last two to be "positive" seasons, at the very least.

There's a bunch of words. I'm not sure how much sense they all make, because I sure didn't have any plan to my writing. But hopefully pulling a Ron Washington and using my gut to write all that out gets my point across as clear as I was trying to. Honestly, I sometimes wish I could just be a pessimist, or as you'd probably call it, a realist, and just bash Romo because of his record of screwing up, but I just keep seeing all the games he's won, all the comeback's he's orchestrated, all the great moment's he's had hiding back behind those glaring mistakes, and I can't help but think that he has it in him to be the guy.

Last edited by u2sarajevo; 10-02-2011 at 07:49 PM.
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 05:33 PM   #139
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcat075 View Post
Tony gives us a better shot than, I don't know, Stephen McGee back there. If you think we need to be looking for a QB this offseason, then that's one thing, but as of right now, he's sure as hell the best thing we have. It's not like we need a manager back there who just doesn't make mistakes while our awesome run game wins games. What run game? The only offense the Cowboys have gotten this year has been thanks to Romo making plays. Realize that. I do dude, I do - but as I posted when I first got on this forum today - The Romo giveth and the Romo taketh away. He's also up and made plays the other way to help lose games, but he was the reason the Cowboys had the lead to start with. Does that get him a participation ribbon? Who the F cares if he is the reason we had the lead if he single handedly gives it back?

Remember, he got to the Divisional round two years ago, and it wasn't his fault they lost there (offensive line and defense was clearly to blame). Yeah, he played no role in it - how many points did we score again? And last year, he was playing pretty well minus half a dozen interceptions off receivers' hands at the beginning of the year, and the myriad other issues the Cowboys were having was ruining his efforts.Hahaha... OK.

Always the optimist, I'm going to ignore Game 1 this year. How convenient for you. First real game back from the broken collarbone, with a tumultuous offseason not helping him get back into form, and he was rusty. He made two critical mistakes, both on him, and they lost. They weren't even suppose to be in the game. It always is easier to find excuses for the people you hold in high honor than to fully accept their failures. I actually heard a lot of people expressing this opinion after Romo did well in Game 2.

That leaves us with two games that Romo clearly won for us despite everything working against him to lose the game, and a game that he lost with a huge lead making it easy to win the game ...and the game you generously decided to forget that he also lost for us. He's an enigma, but I say there's not nearly enough data to draw any conclusions. I and many, many, MANY others say you are quite wrong - check my link to BTB for proof. And I know, a lot of the arguments are based on former seasons, but again, I'd consider both of his last two to be "positive" seasons, at the very least.

There's a bunch of words. I'm not sure how much sense they all make, because I sure didn't have any plan to my writing. But hopefully pulling a Ron Washington and using my gut to write all that out gets my point across as clear as I was trying to. Yup - homer that hasn't given up on someone that absolutely needs to be given up on. Quite clear. Honestly, I sometimes wish I could just be a pessimist, or as you'd probably call it, a realist, and just bash Romo because of his record of screwing up, but I just keep seeing all the games he's won, all the comeback's he's orchestrated, all the great moment's he's had hiding back behind those glaring mistakes, and I can't help but think that he has it in him to be the guy. [b]I was just like you for far too long - week 1 finally cleared that up for me. You aren't there yet. Just wait - his dumb isn't done.
No offense, but I had to respond. Just can't give this guy (Romo) a break here. He is a Fing idiot with a brain the size of my pinky toe and I am fed up with his. Again, nothing at all personal - but 80% of this is optimistic homer-fueled fluff that can lead the masses to ignoring what just happened and that has happened long enough. Let's all stop making excuses for him. Please.

Last edited by u2sarajevo; 10-02-2011 at 07:49 PM.
Old 10-02-2011, 07:57 PM   #140
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Article pretty much sums up my feelings...
Old 10-02-2011, 09:33 PM   #141
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
No offense, but I had to respond. Just can't give this guy (Romo) a break here. He is a Fing idiot with a brain the size of my pinky toe and I am fed up with his. Again, nothing at all personal - but 80% of this is optimistic homer-fueled fluff that can lead the masses to ignoring what just happened and that has happened long enough. Let's all stop making excuses for him. Please.
You can get fucked. You are no kind of fan.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 09:44 PM   #142
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

THANK GOD FOR THE RANGERS AND MAVERICKS.

that is all.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 03:25 AM   #143
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg View Post
You can get fucked. You are no kind of fan.
The truth hurts some more than others. You have made stupid comment after stupid comment after moronic comment for weeks now and it probably doesn't feel the best having all of that shit looking like absolute crap right now, does it?

For the record, I bet Peyton could have secured that win - what say you? Hell, you could find 3 games in his career where he blew a win that big or bigger and I still would have TREMENDOUS faith that he wouldn't do what Romo did yesterday. Of course he would provide nothing over what Romo would, right? Idiot.

Oh, and we have talked Cowboys football for, what, 8 years or so. You may not like my opinions but a fan I am and a fan I always will be. I grew to hate Quincy and other QBs with incredibly small brains - does that also lead to my lack of TRUE FAN qualities?

You still believe in him. Maybe you will until he is released or traded. Maybe you will eventually get where I am too. Who knows... That said, get over yourself as being a real fan because you are too stupid to see what everyone else sees right now. Romo is a loser that is good enough to occassionally win.

Period.
Old 10-03-2011, 06:58 AM   #144
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Dan, didn't we just have this discussion about Romo being a Farve type QB. One that will win a few games a year for you. Who is also the one who will LOSE games for you.

This was just a week of the Lose the game for you Romo.

To a large extent he won the 49's and Redskins games.......to an extent it was totally on him that we lost the Jets and Detroit games.......he is 50-50 right now.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 08:17 AM   #145
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalmations202 View Post
Dan, didn't we just have this discussion about Romo being a Farve type QB. One that will win a few games a year for you. Who is also the one who will LOSE games for you.

This was just a week of the Lose the game for you Romo.

To a large extent he won the 49's and Redskins games.......to an extent it was totally on him that we lost the Jets and Detroit games.......he is 50-50 right now.
A franchise this prestigious needs more than a 50/50 QB that will literally single handedly lose you games. He never was THIS bad before. He had mental gaffes - big ones even, but not of epic fail proportions. I mean, yesterday was the Homer Simpson Epic Fail picture where his cornflakes are on fire and at his disposal are merely milk and cereal. Yesterday was this shit:
You think I and others should just shut up about it because we have talked on this subject before? Come on - surely you don't accept this. I feel like John Q right now and my Cowboys need a new heart and you tell me to accept their fate. NO, I WILL NOT ACCEPT THEIR FATE. No I will not be OK with it. They have heart dis, err, brain disease right now. A transplant is the only way to have a chance at a healthy life and unfortunately the brain options are seriously limited.

So what can we do outside of accept it? Good damn question. Jones made his stance clear last night. Romo is his man and games like this won't change that. That's awesome. Play like shit and you have a free pass for as long as your stupid ass is under contract for our team.

I mean, call the Fer out please. You need an owner (that's not true - frankly Jones should STFU) or Jason to sit at the podium and say something like "That was ridiculous and it absolutely can't continue. We have faith in Tony but that Faith only goes so far and you can't have two performances like this now where a player single handedly snatches defeat from the jaws of victory."

Obviously that won't happen, but this SOB needs a wake up call of epic proportions and he won't get it being coddled and having excuses made for him with memories of the good games he CAN have as a reason to forget the horrible, horrible ones he is all too frequently having now.

Enough. ENOUGH.

Last edited by Male30Dan; 10-03-2011 at 09:48 AM.
Old 10-03-2011, 09:45 AM   #146
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
<snip>

You think I and others should just shut up about it because we have talked on this subject before? Come on - surely you don't accept this. I feel like John Q right now and my Cowboys need a new heart and you tell me to accept their fate. NO, I WILL NOT ACCEPT THEIR FATE. No I will not be OK with it. They have heart dis, err, brain disease right now. A transplant is the only way to have a chance at a healthy life and unfortunately the brain options are seriously limited.
<snip>
Enough. ENOUGH.
I never thought you should shut up about it, I am just wondering why it came as such as surprise to you when we just talked about it?

I have seen this in Romo since his botched FG hold. He is just so consistently inconsistent.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

Last edited by dalmations202; 10-03-2011 at 09:46 AM.
Old 10-03-2011, 09:55 AM   #147
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalmations202 View Post
I never thought you should shut up about it, I am just wondering why it came as such as surprise to you when we just talked about it?

I have seen this in Romo since his botched FG hold. He is just so consistently inconsistent.
Yeah, but this was something different. This was truly by far the worst he has ever been and I didn't actually know he could be this bad. That is why I was surprised. My expectations were low after Week 1 but they weren't THAT low because I had never seen that level of play yet. Now I know. Now it will take something even worst to surprise me. Hopefully you get from me "more of the same... yawn!" or "way to go Romo, you didn't blow the game this time" posts from here on out and not 50 posts or whatever it became from seeing an implosion in front of my eyes.

This is honestly like asking a wife that has been cheated on by her husband why she is surprised that he did it again and she says she isn't surprised that he failed, but that he cheated with 4 women, 1 of which was a midget - yeah, that was surprising and much more disappointing. Sometimes the level of fail throws you off - even when you are anticipating some degree of fail from that particular person.
Old 10-03-2011, 10:00 AM   #148
dalmations202
Diamond Member

Quote:
Yeah, but this was something different. This was truly by far the worst he has ever been and I didn't actually know he could be this bad. That is why I was surprised. My expectations were low after Week 1 but they weren't THAT low because I had never seen that level of play yet. Now I know. Now it will take something even worst to surprise me. Hopefully you get from me "more of the same... yawn!" or "way to go Romo, you didn't blow the game this time" posts from here on out and not 50 posts or whatever it became from seeing an implosion in front of my eyes.

This is honestly like asking a wife that has been cheated on by her husband why she is surprised that he did it again and she says she isn't surprised that he failed, but that he cheated with 4 women, 1 of which was a midget - yeah, that was surprising and much more disappointing. Sometimes the level of fail throws you off - even when you are anticipating some degree of fail from that particular person.
See you really are a bigger Romo fan than you thought. You actually didn't expect a game like this from him.

I on the other hand don't hate Romo, but expect this kind of thing from him all the time. He didn't surprise me much at all. He is still a better QB than everyone they have had since Aikman, and better than everyone they had between Danny White to Aikman as well.

Old 10-03-2011, 10:23 AM   #149
mcsluggo
Golden Member

mcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant future

Quote:
To judge his molds and then compare Aikman to Bledsoe is just strange. Bledsoe was a gunslinger and Aikman was FAR from that. Seems like you are classifying based on mobility and I don't think that was Dalm's point. He was talking about the type of QB in terms of risk/reward of their playing style and how likely you would have to say something along the lines of "well, ya have to take the good with the bad with this guy."

I do think Young was really, really good though. I remember his QB rating being crazy and his completion percentage being in the 70s or just under at times. It took him forever to get his shot but he played very well when he did. To be honest, I probably forget just how good he was because I despised him so very much given the Dallas/S.F. rivalry.
fair enough on the bledsoe/aikman failure of comparison... never having been a Pats nor Cowboys fan, I never really watched Bledsoe much...

but i wasn't actually trying to equate them in styles, I was just making th emobility point that you caught. Without Aikman's super line, he likely would've been a middle of the road QB. With a super line, Mark Rypien wasn't Dilfer (a QB that "didn't lose" the game for you) he was a STAR. Without a super line, Rypien was a marginal 2nd-stringer at best.

on THIS topic:::
Romo is able to do all sorts of things behind crappy O-lines that Aikman never would've been able to do. NEVER. Aikmen would've been killed. But Romo also has a hole in his brain. Chances are almost 100% that WITH a super line, Romo would still have a hole in his brain, and would've never had the calm success Aikmen had.

Last edited by mcsluggo; 10-03-2011 at 10:32 AM.
mcsluggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 10:23 AM   #150
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Man. 1 missed FG this year (and oddly from 19 yards) and everything else pretty much right down the middle. Hopefully we have something special here with Bailey.
Considering his only missed FG came on his first professional attempt, I'd chalk that one up to nerves - everything else has been perfectly up the middle. I'd say we found a winner in Bailey...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 10-03-2011 at 10:24 AM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 10:34 AM   #151
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Considering his only missed FG came on his first professional attempt, I'd chalk that one up to nerves - everything else has been perfectly up the middle. I'd say we found a winner in Bailey...
You called?

Is this ghost ball??
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 11:32 AM   #152
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcsluggo View Post
Without Aikman's super line, he likely would've been a middle of the road QB.
I have to take exception to this....Aikman would have been a top tier quarterback in the 90's behind any offensive line.

I see this argument in many forms -- E. Smith was only E. Smith because he ran behind such a great line, Aikman was only a Aikman because he had Smith and Irvin, Irvin was only Irvin because everybody else on the team was so very good, etc., etc...

The thing is.....the ca 92-96 Cowboys were an all-time great team. They're right up there with any other team from any other era. When you're talking about this team, you're talking about all-time greatness.

The reason the 92-96 Cowboys were all-time greatness is because they had a great offensive line, and a great running back, and a very very very good defense with a great pass rusher, and very sharp special teams play, and a great quarterback. If you took the great offensive line and the great running back off those teams, they wouldn't have won three superbowls but nonetheless they would have had a great quarterback.

If you look back at the playoffs during that stretch, you'll see that the cowboys were almost always ahead going into the second half.* The same is largely true during those regular seasons. The reason they were always ahead was in very large part because Aikman was that good. He was an amazingly accurate passer who knew when to stand in the pocket and take the hit and who knew when to get rid of the ball. He made plays, time and time again. Those teams threw the ball to get a lead, and then Emmitt and the o-line took over, not the other way around.

Once Aikman crossed 30, he started slipping a bit and it was more than just the team around him. The concussions, the trophies, the crack smoking shenanigans on the team all took its toll on him, but for a significant stretch he was far better than anything Mark Rypien ever thought about being.

*Two exceptions were the second Buffalo Super Bowl when Aikman was playing with a concussion that should have kept him out of the game and the '94 NFC Championship game where a series of freak occurences had the Cowboys down by 21 a few minutes into the first quarter.
Old 10-03-2011, 01:03 PM   #153
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Found this on the nfl.com front page:

@swish41
Quote:
Dear tony romo. Don't worry abt all the critics. I heard that same garbage for a long time. Keep working hard and keep improving.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 01:44 PM   #154
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

We are sitting at 2-2 going into the bye week. We could be 4-0, we also easily could be 0-4...that is the definition of mediocrity. Here comes a 7, 8, or 9 win season, barely missing the playoffs, and getting mid-round pick.

Game 1 - First Dallas team in franchise history to blow two TD lead going into the fourth. Mark Sanchez = inferior = should be a win
Game 2 - tough win against an inferior team playing at home. Their WR situation is worst than ours and Gore was a no-show. Alex Smith = inferior = should be a win
Game 3 - MNF against the Redskins. Rival game--weird things always happen against the Redskins. Won without scoring a TD. Rex Grossman = inferior = should be a win
Game 4 - Biggest collapse in franchise history. Biggest comeback in Detroit history. Two pick-6's, gave them 14 quick points when they had shown nothing offensively. Matthew Stafford = a wash = 50/50 game

As you can see, I put most of the onus on QB play. Sanchez, Smith, Grossman are horrible, you really couldn't gift wrap the first three games any better than that.

We should be 3-1 at worst.

Contact Me
Old 10-03-2011, 01:48 PM   #155
alby
Guru

After our bye, we have Brady, Bradford, Vick, and Tavaris Jackson before the midway point of the season.

Brady = superior = should be a lost
Bradford = inferior = should be a win
Vick = superior = should be a lost
Jackson = inferior = should be a win

If we exceed 2-2 expectations and go 3-1, we may have a chance (5-3 at the halfway point).

Contact Me
Old 10-03-2011, 07:13 PM   #156
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkadirkastan View Post
Found this on the nfl.com front page:

@swish41
If there's anything we learned from the Mavs' postseason, it's that fans are never wrong when they're sure they have a player pegged.

Never ever.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 09:18 PM   #157
xrobx
Diamond Member

xrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby View Post
After our bye, we have Brady, Bradford, Vick, and Tavaris Jackson before the midway point of the season.

Brady = superior = should be a lost
Bradford = inferior = should be a win
Vick = superior = should be a lost
Jackson = inferior = should be a win

If we exceed 2-2 expectations and go 3-1, we may have a chance (5-3 at the halfway point).
vick superior? lol. that's why the eagles are 1-3. ware will eat him for dinner
Old 10-04-2011, 08:25 AM   #158
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
If there's anything we learned from the Mavs' postseason, it's that fans are never wrong when they're sure they have a player pegged.

Never ever.
Your bag is getting super empty isn't it?

Last edited by Male30Dan; 10-04-2011 at 08:25 AM.
Old 10-04-2011, 08:26 AM   #159
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrobx View Post
vick superior? lol. that's why the eagles are 1-3. ware will eat him for dinner
Man I hope so. I still get nervous when he suits up against us - always have. Still get nervous when McNabb suits up against us too. Just something about those guys that can keep a play going. Philly's problem is definitely not Vick to me. They have a ton of other issues hurting them that I hope will still be hurting them when we line up against their group.
Old 10-04-2011, 12:19 PM   #160
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Others chiming in...