Dallas-Mavs.com Forums
Old 10-15-2011, 11:11 PM   #201
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexamenos View Post
I definitely move Holland back to 4 and Colby up to two.
Well that's a no-brainer considering they want all of Colby's starts on the road, but do we go Holland in 4 or Ogando in 3 and Harrison in 4?

I know it's hard to move him out. It really is. He is SO useful out in the bullpen. But it really would be a helluva pick me up to have an 8-inning performance out of a starter. I see that type of a performance possible from him on the biggest stage. And for the record, that would put him starting game 7 if it came to that. Would you feel more confident about any other pitcher we have given his playoff performance if we found ourselves in that position?

OT- I LOVE Leyland. Complete class act.

Last edited by Male30Dan; 10-15-2011 at 11:12 PM.
Male30Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-15-2011, 11:17 PM   #202
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Way to go Rangers

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 11:20 PM   #203
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Soak this shit in guys. Seriously. This is a dynasty in the making. We have talks about going hard for Sabathia if he opts out and 2 straight trips to the series might sway him. We have a very, very good offense with the vast majority locked up for awhile. We have a stud defense, again, locked up for awhile. Lots of youth. Lots of pitching.

We are here to stay and we WILL win the World Series this year. I said it at the very beginning of the playoffs. May the best team win. I swear by it. It doesn't matter who meets us in the series, that team is Texas.

Go Rangers!!!
Old 10-15-2011, 11:21 PM   #204
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Wow - that is an AWESOME WS shirt for the Rangers... Have to buy that tomorrow.
Old 10-15-2011, 11:24 PM   #205
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

Kirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Male30Dan View Post
OT- I LOVE Leyland. Complete class act.
Hardly.

Dude totally stinkpalmed Wash.
Old 10-15-2011, 11:27 PM   #206
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirobaito View Post
Hardly.

Dude totally stinkpalmed Wash.
Complete cheese from me. LOL - Awesome.
Old 10-15-2011, 11:30 PM   #207
mavspwnage
Golden Member

mavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant future

Last edited by mavspwnage; 10-15-2011 at 11:32 PM.
mavspwnage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 11:39 PM   #208
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavspwnage View Post
Just awesome that there are actually 6 missles in play there. Great gif.
Old 10-15-2011, 11:39 PM   #209
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Did that dude just say 2 legit 2 quit? Seriously?
Old 10-15-2011, 11:49 PM   #210
Ninkobei
Platinum Member

Ninkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant future

Quote:
Soak this shit in guys. Seriously. This is a dynasty in the making. We have talks about going hard for Sabathia if he opts out and 2 straight trips to the series might sway him. We have a very, very good offense with the vast majority locked up for awhile. We have a stud defense, again, locked up for awhile. Lots of youth. Lots of pitching.

We are here to stay and we WILL win the World Series this year. I said it at the very beginning of the playoffs. May the best team win. I swear by it. It doesn't matter who meets us in the series, that team is Texas.

Go Rangers!!!
CC would be insane to opt out of $30 mil contract. absolutely insane. and I wouldnt want to see the Rangers pay 20 mil for a pitcher unless they are named Strasburg(once he gets healthy)

Last edited by Ninkobei; 10-15-2011 at 11:51 PM.
Ninkobei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 11:56 PM   #211
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninkobei View Post
CC would be insane to opt out of $30 mil contract. absolutely insane. and I wouldnt want to see the Rangers pay 20 mil for a pitcher unless they are named Strasburg(once he gets healthy)
Bet he does it...

And trust me, if the Rangers owners would be OK paying his salary without the risk of losing talent to get him, you would be damn glad to have the guy.
Old 10-16-2011, 01:10 AM   #212
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Just got back from the park. Amazing atmosphere. I don't think I have been to a playoff baseball game before (and I haven't been to any baseball game at all in the last few years). I didn't know what to expect. But there were long, long periods where all 51K were standing and yelling the whole time. That nine-run inning was just insane. Honestly, I was actually ready for it to be over (though I wish we had driven in those last two runners first), because I was literally getting exhausted and looking forward to sitting down again. That 40 minutes or so was a huge rush.

And man, was it needed. That crowd was rocking from the get-go, but boy was the life sucked out of it in those first two innings.

My favorite non-baseball moment of the night. It's the last moments right before the first pitch, and everybody is standing and rocking to the music and all that stuff. I'm watching the big screen mostly, but for a minute I decide to look around, off to my left. Then the crowd starts suddenly to erupt, and I see a bunch of people jumping up and down, excitedly pointing to the big screen. Of course, it was a shot of the Dirkster. That got the crowd really excited. Cool moment. I think Dirk is still the President of Sports DFW...at least for the moment. Cruuuuuuuz is giving him a run for the money.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 01:15 AM   #213
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
For the record, don't ever let Michael Young grow a beard again... Man I bet Thiggy is just LOVING this game. LOVING IT. So jealous. S.o. J.e.a.l.o.u.s.
That third inning was so awesome. So freaking awesome. There were a few innings after that where it was fairly dead...I mean the game was over.

But as it got closer to the end of the game the buzz started picking up again. And being in the house to see them celebrate like that was so epic.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 01:20 AM   #214
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
He would be insane NOT to opt out.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
Old 10-16-2011, 01:21 AM   #215
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg View Post
I think Dirk is still the President of Sports DFW...at least for the moment.
There's no doubt. The crowd went absolutely freaking bonkers for Dirk tonight. It was so cool.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 10-16-2011, 03:47 AM   #216
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
That third inning was so awesome. So freaking awesome. There were a few innings after that where it was fairly dead...I mean the game was over.

But as it got closer to the end of the game the buzz started picking up again. And being in the house to see them celebrate like that was so epic.
My section was standing any time a Ranger was on base.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 06:49 AM   #217
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Dirk on Twitter:

15 runs? Are u kidding me? Clinic. So fun to watch. Atmosphere was amazing. 4 more wins…
Old 10-17-2011, 11:02 AM   #218
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

How did the Cards earn homefield ? They didn´t even win their Division.
Old 10-17-2011, 11:18 AM   #219
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanDunk View Post
How did the Cards earn homefield ? They didn´t even win their Division.
Because the MLB has an unforgivably stupid system for determining home-field in the World Series.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 11:31 AM   #220
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

Then they are selig.
Old 10-18-2011, 10:03 AM   #221
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

I hate to say it..but yeah, the energy was absolutely sucked out of the place for awhile after the third inning. So much energy was spent by the crowd that you just couldn't help have a let down after that. It's not like the NBA where a 15-20 point lead isn't safe especially early in a game. In baseball with the Rangers pen, the game was over after the third.

But it was absolutely amazing.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 10:53 AM   #222
Ninkobei
Platinum Member

Ninkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
He would be insane NOT to opt out.
maybe I am missing some details, but why would he? people dont just throw away $10 million per year. Especially when that team had the best record in the league ;/

Last edited by Ninkobei; 10-18-2011 at 10:54 AM.
Ninkobei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 01:34 PM   #223
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
maybe I am missing some details, but why would he? people dont just throw away $10 million per year. Especially when that team had the best record in the league ;/
In what way would he be turning down $10 million a year? He's going to opt out and then sign a longer contract for more money per year.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game