Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 11-08-2012, 09:29 AM   #41
roadrunner
Golden Member

roadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to behold

Mayo is certainly the best pure 2 guard we have had since Finley. In fact, with his great work ethic and high character he reminds me of Finley. His overall game is better than Finley right now because he has better handles, distributes better and plays better D. Although my memories of Finleys D may be tarnished by the way he was coached by Don Nelson. Long term, the important factor to saying he is Finley or better will be consistency. Time will tell if this is the case.
We ran like a simple play, and usually the ball doesn’t come get me until later. So I just trotted through the play and I looked to the ball, and it was already right there in my face. … He sees the floor so well and sometimes he throws the ball and we don’t see it. He’s liable to really throw anything.” Dirk

Kidd to Dirk is the present day Stockton to Malone.

roadrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-08-2012, 09:45 AM   #42
markus1234
Platinum Member

markus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to behold

Mayo 21-33 .636
JET 4-12 .333
markus1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 10:33 AM   #43
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrunner View Post
Mayo is certainly the best pure 2 guard we have had since Finley. In fact, with his great work ethic and high character he reminds me of Finley. His overall game is better than Finley right now because he has better handles, distributes better and plays better D. Although my memories of Finleys D may be tarnished by the way he was coached by Don Nelson. Long term, the important factor to saying he is Finley or better will be consistency. Time will tell if this is the case.
I'd love to see Mayo with Finleys hops tho.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 12:31 PM   #44
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Kidd/Terry/Chandler or Collison/Mayo/Kaman?

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 11-08-2012 at 12:32 PM.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 12:34 PM   #45
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Finley was a really underrated defender, but I mostly agree with that assessment. I'd just like to see more sample size than five games before I decide though. We haven't seen many brutal defenses yet and Finley was able to fill it up night after night.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 12:36 PM   #46
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Kidd/Terry or Collison/Mayo?
It's hard to find fault with the new backcourt this year, but that's allowing for the fact that the first pairing are each (well?) past their prime, and ignoring the fact that we're still lacking data on how well the new duo will mesh with Dirk, something the old duo unquestionably did exceedingly well.
Old 11-08-2012, 03:50 PM   #47
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

Quote:
Finley was a really underrated defender, but I mostly agree with that assessment. I'd just like to see more sample size than five games before I decide though. We haven't seen many brutal defenses yet and Finley was able to fill it up night after night.
Yeahhh - I'm going to have to disagree with you on Finley's defense. He was carrying the load so much back then that I felt like he always sandbagged a little on defense so he could play his 42 minutes and put more effort on offense. And it definitely fell off the map quickly from the, at least, respectable level he had been playing at around the time the Mavs actually starting getting further into the playoffs consistently.
Old 11-08-2012, 04:02 PM   #48
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Neither...collison, mayo, chandler
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 04:37 PM   #49
markus1234
Platinum Member

markus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to behold

Chandler vs. Kaman should be interesting tomorrow. Both guys will be motivated as hell.

Last edited by markus1234; 11-08-2012 at 04:41 PM.
markus1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 04:47 PM   #50
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Chandler vs Kaman will be fun to watch!

I love Chandler but in the battle between those two, as far as who I want on my team, Kaman has more weapons and it's not even close. Other factors play in too tho, health and the mental and intestinal fortitude of Chandler are impossible to ignore.

From the small sample size, I side with Collison, Mayo, Kaman.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 04:51 PM   #51
iella
Golden Member

iella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond repute

Based on the number of championship brought to the franchise, I have to go with Kidd/Terry/Chandler. Preliminary returns this year are promising, but too early to say anything conclusive on Collison/Mayo/Kaman.
Old 11-08-2012, 04:59 PM   #52
Lestat_1795

Lestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
Neither...collison, mayo, chandler
25 years old Kidd, 30 years old Terry and a healthy Chandler for the win

Last edited by Lestat_1795; 11-08-2012 at 05:00 PM.
Lestat_1795 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 08:28 PM   #53
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Kaman is obviously better offensively, but defensively it's no contest.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 11-08-2012, 08:33 PM   #54
MavsFTR
Golden Member

MavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud of

Quote:
Part of the need for a defensive center was due to our other players being pretty bad defensively. Maybe we won't need a center as defense oriented as Chandler if our new guys can pull it together on that end?

Last edited by MavsFTR; 11-08-2012 at 08:34 PM.
MavsFTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 08:36 PM   #55
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsFTR View Post
Part of the need for a defensive center was due to our other players being pretty bad defensively. Maybe we won't need a center as defense oriented as Chandler if our new guys can pull it together on that end?
Maybe bit I think dirk needs to be bookended by defensive guys like Marion/chandler.
Old 11-09-2012, 12:32 AM   #56
lilojmayo

lilojmayo is a jewel in the roughlilojmayo is a jewel in the roughlilojmayo is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
. From a skillset/talent perspective Juice is superior to Finley. Its the production where it gets interesting.

Finley only had 4 seperate games as a Mav were he had b2b 30+ points nights. in his entire career as a Mav. OJ has already done that once. Finely only had 1-2 40 point nights a Mav.

Even though Juice ceiling/potential is far superior to that of Finley. Finley was a model of consistency that Juice has yet to show in his career.

Only time will tell
Old 11-09-2012, 09:52 AM   #57
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

And maybe Marion/Dirk/Brand won't be a bad combination defensively..
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 11:45 AM   #58
lilojmayo

lilojmayo is a jewel in the roughlilojmayo is a jewel in the roughlilojmayo is a jewel in the rough

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=598l2M3L3hc
Old 11-09-2012, 11:51 AM   #59
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
The gap in defense between Kaman and Chandler is small than the gap in offense. Kaman was actually playing solid defense before the calf injury. He admits that he isn't back in shape and isn't 100%.

Edit: How did this topic come up in the Mayo thread again?

Last edited by DevinHarriswillstart; 11-09-2012 at 11:53 AM.
DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 12:12 PM   #60
tron#1

tron#1 is just really nicetron#1 is just really nicetron#1 is just really nicetron#1 is just really nicetron#1 is just really nicetron#1 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike View Post
I'm most excited to see his ability to handle the ball, get into the paint and distribute, and play with efficiency.

The overall scoring stats will take a dip when Dirk gets back, but I'm seeing a FAR better version of Jason Terry in the making. As a matter of fact, if OJ keeps this up, comparisons to Terry might end of as a slight insult instead of a compliment.

I always thought this. You can't knock terry as he has a ring and was year after year a top 6th man of the year. But oj EASILY has more raw talent then him. He has his shot now and so far has shown he is a starting guard in this league. He has the green light now in his chance to put his name up there with the westbrooks, roses, and loves.... All players from his draft class.
tron#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 12:28 PM   #61
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tron#1 View Post
I always thought this. You can't knock terry as he has a ring and was year after year a top 6th man of the year. But oj EASILY has more raw talent then him. He has his shot now and so far has shown he is a starting guard in this league. He has the green light now in his chance to put his name up there with the westbrooks, roses, and loves.... All players from his draft class.
Pffft, I already think Mayo's game is better than Terry's - I never liked that our second-best scorer was an undersized SG that couldn't play defense and came off the bench.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 11:25 PM   #62
lilojmayo

he is a big time player folks
Old 11-14-2012, 11:56 PM   #63
tron#1

tron#1 is just really nicetron#1 is just really nicetron#1 is just really nicetron#1 is just really nicetron#1 is just really nicetron#1 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilojmayo View Post
he is a big time player folks
yeh memphis are idiots... they had a star on the bench. more important he just isnt a bench player. in my opinion memphis could have made it to the finals with the team they had if mayo was a starter... but they forced him to try and be something he isnt. he is a starting 2 guard in this league folks.
Old 11-15-2012, 12:01 AM   #64
CanadianMavsFan

CanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud of

He has definitely been very good so far. Apart from his stellar play my favourite thing about the guy is his professionalism, he just comes in to do work, even if he may take a shot or two that makes you cringe (although I find that even this is a rarity so far, he sure as hell is no Terry).

Really looking forward to see how he meshes with Dirk. The two man game with him and Kaman looked great tonight, so I can only imagine the havoc they can wreak together.
CanadianMavsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 01:26 AM   #65
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by tron#1 View Post
yeh memphis are idiots... they had a star on the bench. more important he just isnt a bench player. in my opinion memphis could have made it to the finals with the team they had if mayo was a starter... but they forced him to try and be something he isnt. he is a starting 2 guard in this league folks.
I disagree. Mayo last season wasn't that good for the Grizz and it wasn't because he was on the bench. Its a small sample size but he's different this year. His jumper is simply falling and falling at a alarming rate. Will he keep this up? I'd like to think not but if he does we have ourselves a all star in this league.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
I'd love to see Mayo with Finleys hops tho.
Man i'll never forget Finley's dunks over Olden Polynice and Yao Ming. Our best dunker in history and its by a mile.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 01:39 AM   #66
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

mavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the rough

Yeah a Mayo/Dirk combination could be deadly. Also having Marion on defense will make our roster more well-rounded. Can't wait to get those 2 back.
mavsfan1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 02:18 AM   #67
tron#1

[QUOTE=Dtownsfinest;1293435]I disagree. Mayo last season wasn't that good for the Grizz and it wasn't because he was on the bench. Its a small sample size but he's different this year. His jumper is simply falling and falling at a alarming rate. Will he keep this up? I'd like to think not but if he does we have ourselves a all star in this league.

agree and disagree. ive gone back and watched some film of mayo years coming off the bench recently. he looked so out of place it looked so forced. like im doing this because my coach tell me to but its not me. jamal crawford, jason terry, lu williams are born shooters off the bench they thrive in that role. but Mayo is a starter if that wasnt evident to coach Hollins he shouldnt be a coach in this league.
Old 11-15-2012, 07:39 AM   #68
ChileanMavsFan

ChileanMavsFan is a glorious beacon of lightChileanMavsFan is a glorious beacon of lightChileanMavsFan is a glorious beacon of lightChileanMavsFan is a glorious beacon of lightChileanMavsFan is a glorious beacon of lightChileanMavsFan is a glorious beacon of lightChileanMavsFan is a glorious beacon of light

Love what Mayo is doing so far for the Mavs. Last night he didn't tried a lot of three pointers and instead attacked the rim more, he played nicely with Kaman a couple of times, didn't have a lot of turnovers. I still think that, because of his natural athleticism, he should be a better defender. He still young but he needs to keep working on that part of his game.

I think he has definitely been the Mavs best player so far . Still early in the season though, hopefully he can stay efficient on offense the rest of the season.
ChileanMavsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 07:45 AM   #69
dude1394
Guru

I thought mayo was exceptional until the fourth when it became tight. Then not as much. But I do like fearless. And he does have that jet terry fearless boneheadedness to him, which we probably will need.
Old 11-15-2012, 09:06 AM   #70
lilojmayo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWe09...ature=youtu.be

OJ Mayo 25 point 4 assists game against Wizards in W

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=598l2...hannel&list=UL
OJ Mayo 22 points 6 assists game against the Raptors in W
Old 11-15-2012, 09:22 AM   #71
ChileanMavsFan

ChileanMavsFan is a glorious beacon of lightChileanMavsFan is a glorious beacon of lightChileanMavsFan is a glorious beacon of lightChileanMavsFan is a glorious beacon of lightChileanMavsFan is a glorious beacon of lightChileanMavsFan is a glorious beacon of lightChileanMavsFan is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:

Thank you for the videos! +rep
ChileanMavsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 03:12 PM   #72
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Close because Kidd is a distant 6th and Chandler of the 6 is clearly 1.
Old 11-15-2012, 03:16 PM   #73
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

I think the Mayo hype needs to calm down a bit. His shooting is legit as his career spot up numbers suggest but at this point he is very limited other than scoring.

There are 61 qualified shooting guards her are numbers not relating to scoring
AST %: 37th
TO %: 42nd
RBD rate: 32nd

He doesn't provide much other than scoring so he will need to be a high volume efficient scorer to have value. Obviously so far he has done that but eventually the three point % will regress, will be interesting to see how his efficiency numbers end up at the end of the year.
Old 11-15-2012, 08:12 PM   #74
QSA

QSA will become famous soon enough

Quote:

Don't start to overrate him again.

I'm glad to see him playing pretty well, but he still has work to do. He also needs to prove that his shooting can be consistent.

I'm very interested to know what it is the Mavs supposedly "fixed" regarding his shooting technique. His form has always looked very good, but he's never shot the ball this well. One thing I noticed from pictures is that he has a tendency to look at the ball before releasing it. I wonder if this is what was corrected or if it was something else. Has anyone heard of what it was?
QSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 12:23 PM   #75
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavs777 View Post
I think the Mayo hype needs to calm down a bit. His shooting is legit as his career spot up numbers suggest but at this point he is very limited other than scoring.

So basically he has been an elite scorer and either average or slightly below average at these other categories and you are preaching caution?

If the Mavs 2 guard can put up an efficient 17-20ppg and be average at everything else, I'm good with that.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"

Last edited by sike; 11-16-2012 at 12:23 PM.
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 01:05 PM   #76
LSMF
Diamond Member

LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute

Spotlight : OJ Mayo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_-V77dol4U
Old 11-16-2012, 02:02 PM   #77
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavs777 View Post

He doesn't provide much other than scoring so he will need to be a high volume efficient scorer to have value. Obviously so far he has done that but eventually the three point % will regress, will be interesting to see how his efficiency numbers end up at the end of the year.
I'm a pretty big Mayo doubter, but I think it's pretty important to remember that whatever problems you have with him right now, he hasn't yet had the benefit of playing alongside Dirk.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 02:13 PM   #78
mavs777
Diamond Member

Quote:
So basically he has been an elite scorer and either average or slightly below average at these other categories and you are preaching caution?

If the Mavs 2 guard can put up an efficient 17-20ppg and be average at everything else, I'm good with that.
One part is the outlier. I too will be thrilled if he is a efficient 17-20 PPG scorer.
Old 11-16-2012, 04:43 PM   #79
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Not unlike Jason Terry? That guy seemed to work out okay for us...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 05:32 PM   #80
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

If Mayo were this good of a scorer and also good in all of those categories, he wouldn't be a player we sign for $4M. He's be a max guy (or near it).

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
smc rulz