Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 11-19-2012, 11:29 PM   #241
b_o_r
Golden Member

b_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by QSA View Post
Seems like Mayo waited until the 4th to start looking for his shot. He has to get it going sooner. The Mavs should run the offense through him a bit more.
It very hard to run an offense through someone who isn't really all that great at creating his offense. He is a catch and shoot player with an occasional foray into the lane at best. You can't really use the Mayo to Kaman connection because Kaman isn't much of a passer out of the post.
b_o_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-19-2012, 11:31 PM   #242
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Mavs got out-rebounded 62-43 tonight (19-7 offensive).

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 11:34 PM   #243
QSA

QSA will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_o_r View Post
It very hard to run an offense through someone who isn't really all that great at creating his offense. He is a catch and shoot player with an occasional foray into the lane at best. You can't really use the Mayo to Kaman connection because Kaman isn't much of a passer out of the post.
He can create off screens better than he's given credit for. His handles can be pretty bad at times, but he usually creates pretty well off a double screen.

Using him as a catch and shoot player is a mistake. I mean, who in the hell is creating shots for him to begin with? Was he assisted on any of those baskets to end the game? The only time I remember toward the end of the game when they used him as a catch and shoot guy...he took a bad 3pter. You're wasting him if he's not touching the ball regularly on offense. But part of it is on him because he can be too passive at time.s

Last edited by QSA; 11-19-2012 at 11:40 PM.
QSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 11:39 PM   #244
tron#1

tron#1 is just really nicetron#1 is just really nicetron#1 is just really nicetron#1 is just really nicetron#1 is just really nicetron#1 is just really nice

its a marathon not a race guys. all i want is for everyone to get healthy. Mayo if he can play like this WITH Dirk on the floor we are gonna give defenses hell in the fourth quarter down the stretch.
tron#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 11:40 PM   #245
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Getting out rebounded by that much after the coach has been talking about it for the last couple weeks is more than just a lack of talent issue.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 11:41 PM   #246
QSA

Quote:
You're surprised? They haven't rebounded well all year.

When is Dirk due back?
Old 11-19-2012, 11:41 PM   #247
b_o_r
Golden Member

b_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud of

Quote:
its one the many starting back court problems. Looking at the 82games.com stat, when those two are on court the rebounding is atrocious. Wright has been benched, Brand has been benched, Kaman inserted, and Murphy/Sarge play more minutes but the issues remains. You look at the stats for the Jones' and Beaubois, rebounding is strength. Even tonight when they rolled with Jones/Beaubois or Jones/Jones rebounding wasn't an issue. Those 2 defensively are sieves and they are always out of position when the shot is missed as well.
Old 11-19-2012, 11:41 PM   #248
ActionJackson

ActionJackson is a jewel in the roughActionJackson is a jewel in the roughActionJackson is a jewel in the roughActionJackson is a jewel in the roughActionJackson is a jewel in the rough

The "easy" schedule pretty much ends with this game. Now it's gonna get really serious. On New Years we should know where we stand. December is gonna be brutal. And Dirk's just trying to get in to the groove.
ActionJackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 11:45 PM   #249
b_o_r
Golden Member

Quote:
He can create off screens better than he's given credit for. His handles can be pretty bad at times, but he usually creates pretty well off a double screen.

Using him as a catch and shoot player is a mistake. I mean, who in the hell is creating shots for him to begin with? Was he assisted on any of those baskets to end the game? The only time I remember toward the end of the game when they used him as a catch and shoot guy...he took a bad 3pter. You're wasting him if he's not touching the ball regularly on offense. But part of it is on him because he can be too passive at time.s
60% of his shots are assisted. And I am pretty sure Carter assisted on his 3-pt and Collison found him for a fast break layup after he picked Curry's pocket.
Old 11-19-2012, 11:46 PM   #250
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You're surprised? They haven't rebounded well all year.
Did I use a surprised-looking font?

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 11:53 PM   #251
QSA

Quote:
Did I use a surprised-looking font?
lol no.

It's depressing watching the Mavs getting abused on the boards the way that they do. I thought Kaman and Brand would be huge pluses in this regard. guess not
Old 11-19-2012, 11:57 PM   #252
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
lol no.

It's depressing watching the Mavs getting abused on the boards the way that they do. I thought Kaman and Brand would be huge pluses in this regard. guess not
Brand is a good rebounder, but his offense has been so atrocious thus far that its like playing 4 on 5 at the offensive end. He MUST come out of this funk for the Mavs to reach their potential this season.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 11-20-2012, 12:19 AM   #253
MrScottMcKenzie

MrScottMcKenzie is a jewel in the roughMrScottMcKenzie is a jewel in the roughMrScottMcKenzie is a jewel in the roughMrScottMcKenzie is a jewel in the rough

This was a MUST WIN game and the boys still couldn't get up knowing that they have some tough matches ahead. Gutted. It's going to be a tough few weeks.
MrScottMcKenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 12:20 AM   #254
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tron#1 View Post
its a marathon not a race guys. all i want is for everyone to get healthy. Mayo if he can play like this WITH Dirk on the floor we are gonna give defenses hell in the fourth quarter down the stretch.
I hate to be that guy, but a marathon is a race.

Quote:
RT @TyLawson3 Good game between Dallas and Portland. Good thing we didn't end up getting Dallas. Coach Karl lost his mind.

Last edited by nowhereman; 11-20-2012 at 12:30 AM.
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 12:26 AM   #255
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowhereman View Post
A marathon is a race.
bazing

Old 11-20-2012, 12:27 AM   #256
MrScottMcKenzie

MrScottMcKenzie is a jewel in the roughMrScottMcKenzie is a jewel in the roughMrScottMcKenzie is a jewel in the roughMrScottMcKenzie is a jewel in the rough

I think he meant to say "its a marathon not a sprint".
Old 11-20-2012, 12:34 AM   #257
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrScottMcKenzie View Post
This was a MUST WIN game and the boys still couldn't get up knowing that they have some tough matches ahead. Gutted. It's going to be a tough few weeks.
Really? Must win? Disappointing for sure but I don't see how it was a must win.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 12:35 AM   #258
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I think he meant to say "its a marathon not a sprint".
He didn't say that, though, did he? You can only go on what a man says, not what you think he might mean.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 12:49 AM   #259
MrScottMcKenzie

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Really? Must win? Disappointing for sure but I don't see how it was a must win.
A home game against a GSW side on their 2nd night of a back to back and with tough games against NYN and LAL coming up, it was a crucial match which we needed to win.
Old 11-20-2012, 12:50 AM   #260
MrScottMcKenzie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg View Post
He didn't say that, though, did he? You can only go on what a man says, not what you think he might mean.
Common sense. Get some.
Old 11-20-2012, 01:33 AM   #261
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Common sense. Get some.
There is no room for "common sense" in the discussion that we were having. Your suggestion that I "get some" is particularly entertaining. Will you continue to amuse us with your posts, or will you find a way to pull your head out of your ass and wake up to what the rest of us see?
Old 11-20-2012, 06:56 AM   #262
Budapest Maverick
Platinum Member

Budapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant future

In the past, Carlisle managed to mix 1-way players (defensive and offensive), and found great lineups. He's obviously trying to do the same here, it's just not working so far. I was very optimistic about the offense after the first couple games, and thought it wasn't going to be a problem at all, at any point in the season.

Looks like that's not the case, and we can be bad at every aspect of the game, on any given night, with rebounding as the constant deficiency. This could be a very long season, and i'm afraid we're looking like a prototypical treadmill team, which is the worst thing a team can be in this league.
Budapest Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 02:55 AM   #263
tron#1

tron#1 is just really nicetron#1 is just really nicetron#1 is just really nicetron#1 is just really nicetron#1 is just really nicetron#1 is just really nice

Quote:
There is no room for "common sense" in the discussion that we were having. Your suggestion that I "get some" is particularly entertaining. Will you continue to amuse us with your posts, or will you find a way to pull your head out of your ass and wake up to what the rest of us see?

Wow seriously it's just a basketball forums site guys. Yes I meant sprint.... It's not that serious.
tron#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 03:55 AM   #264
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by tron#1 View Post
Wow seriously it's just a basketball forums site guys. Yes I meant sprint.... It's not that serious.
"Sprint?" Get your ass out of here if you can't get even simple shit right. There is no use for someone like you. We can be without you and be better for it.
Old 11-21-2012, 04:59 AM   #265
Fragism

Fragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
"Sprint?" Get your ass out of here if you can't get even simple shit right. There is no use for someone like you. We can be without you and be better for it.
God I hope you're not serious.
Fragism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 05:49 AM   #266
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Sprint, hang around, this forum is dead enough as is.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
smc rulz, sprint ftw!!!!!