Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 11-16-2022, 11:17 PM   #41
JustJay

JustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Playoffs?... PLAYOFFS?!!?
I mean, we're still 8-6 which is a miracle.

Luka is the best player in the entire NBA period.
JustJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-17-2022, 12:03 PM   #42
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Lol yes...we are still making the playoffs with Luka. Calm your panties everyone holy shit.

At the same time, big time criticism can be had. It's painfully obvious that Wood should be starting and any bullshit behind the scenes needs to be sorted. The guy is making the efforts to be more engaged in team and overall defense. Of course, it's not going to happen overnight and will take damn near a full season to figure out. You know what helps? Starting and total minutes to get to that point.

And once again, a game where we know we are going to miss offensive firepower and rotational guys, why the fuck is Hardy not being given minutes? I get the G league isn't the NBA but that surprises me, especially after the glowing commentary from camp not only from coaches, but his teammates.

Hopefully there's more to it or to the bigger picture, but I'm not seeing it.

Last edited by saclare; 11-17-2022 at 12:08 PM.
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2022, 12:47 PM   #43
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by saclare View Post
Lol yes...we are still making the playoffs with Luka. Calm your panties everyone holy shit.
Thank you
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2022, 02:09 PM   #44
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by saclare View Post
Absolutely not a guarantee.

Play in? I think thats for sure. A 6 seed is the ceiling. I see the mavs between 7-9 by the end of the season, barring any big injuries to the western conference.

Not something I would consider a success.

Last edited by Melonhead; 11-17-2022 at 02:11 PM.
Melonhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2022, 03:27 PM   #45
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

Unbelievable! The Warriors are 6-9 and only 3 games from being at the very bottom of the Western Conference!! They have lost 7 out of their last 10 and are giving up 118 points per game. GSW headed for the lottery!!!! No doubt!!!!! Amazing that the Warriors can drop this much in such a short amount of time. Klay is only hitting 33% of his 3pt shots. He's washed up. They should trade him immediately!!!!! At least the Mavs have company at the bottom of the barrel.

(Please note: In case it is not obvious, this is meant to be sarcasm and a reflection of the over reactions by some Mavs fans).

Last edited by purplefrog; 11-17-2022 at 03:29 PM.
purplefrog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2022, 04:04 PM   #46
JustJay

JustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the rough

All it takes is a Luka injury at the wrong time and we're in the lottery. We proved that last night. But it goes without saying anyway. Last night however showed we are the worst team in the NBA without Luka. We just lost a home game to the team with the worst record in the NBA by 9. Luka or bust.

Last edited by JustJay; 11-17-2022 at 04:05 PM.
JustJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2022, 04:09 PM   #47
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

If Luka isn't run down by midseason, then yes, we make the playoffs. But considering the work load, I'd say the team is putting that at high risk and risk of injury.

Sadly, if Luka did get hurt, then the FO will just blame it on that. Not their ineptitude of getting him some help.

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2022, 05:03 PM   #48
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

FFS the playoffs comment was a joke.

https://youtu.be/U7fjDS0jKiE

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2022, 05:20 PM   #49
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

I got it. Some people are too literal minded.

Old 11-18-2022, 12:29 AM   #50
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

Quick question

what was Nico thinking this offseason....

I mean if i'm not mistaken wouldn't it have been cheap to sign Malik Monk and DJS and then trade for R.Holmes?

Seems like if the GM was on his game the Mavs could have surrounded Luka with much talented cheaper players
Dallas41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2022, 10:14 AM   #51
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Quote:

Sure, for you. But others picked up on it and ran, and it damn sure it a dumbass thought process for some here. I also didn't reply directly to ya for the reason.

To others, no shit if Luka goes down it will be a struggle to make the playoffs. Same could be said of Bron, AD (hell I have to include due to last year), KD, Giannis, Embiid, on and on and on. Come on now...
Old 11-18-2022, 10:15 AM   #52
saclare
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
I got it. Some people are too literal minded.
Congrats and relax, the comment wasn't for posters here who I know aren't quick to start roster rebuild threads 10 games into the season...
Old 11-18-2022, 10:20 AM   #53
saclare
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas41 View Post
Quick question

what was Nico thinking this offseason....

I mean if i'm not mistaken wouldn't it have been cheap to sign Malik Monk and DJS and then trade for R.Holmes?

Seems like if the GM was on his game the Mavs could have surrounded Luka with much talented cheaper players
I'm with you on DSJ or Dragic, but no thank you to Malik Monk. Kid thinks he's Jordan when he's THJ.

If I recall, Holmes had an ill-timed DV allegation and custody issues that ended his season last year and trickled into the summer. Sucks for the timing, but I'm not sure he was available. He should be a trade target as he would complement Wood well.
Old 11-18-2022, 12:15 PM   #54
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplefrog View Post
Unbelievable! The Warriors are 6-9 and only 3 games from being at the very bottom of the Western Conference!! They have lost 7 out of their last 10 and are giving up 118 points per game. GSW headed for the lottery!!!! No doubt!!!!! Amazing that the Warriors can drop this much in such a short amount of time. Klay is only hitting 33% of his 3pt shots. He's washed up. They should trade him immediately!!!!! At least the Mavs have company at the bottom of the barrel.

(Please note: In case it is not obvious, this is meant to be sarcasm and a reflection of the over reactions by some Mavs fans).
Quick question, who won the title 4 times in the last 7 years?

Quick question again, how did Warriors build their dynasty?

Were year 4 of Luka with the same issues for this org repeatedly over and over.
But to strawman the mavs, def use the defending champs thats down right now.
Old 11-18-2022, 12:16 PM   #55
Melonhead
Guru

Hawks are again making John Collins available...

still need a ball handler but who knows.
Old 11-18-2022, 06:23 PM   #56
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
Quick question, who won the title 4 times in the last 7 years?

Quick question again, how did Warriors build their dynasty?

Were year 4 of Luka with the same issues for this org repeatedly over and over.
But to strawman the mavs, def use the defending champs thats down right now.
I am by no means saying the Mavs are playoff ready.

I am by no means saying the Mavs have what they need to be contenders.

I am by no means saying I am satisfied with the FO or JKidd.

I am saying it is too early to declare this season is a disaster.

I am saying give Kidd the benefit of the doubt (for now) since he did exceed all expectations last year.

I am saying that the early part of the season is a time to experiment and that could lead to some ugly play.

Time will tell. And right now it is too early to tell. In the end, if the Mavs make no trades, keep the same rotation, and Bullock and DFS continue to stink up the court, then sure this will be a lost season. But again, too early to tell. While I can understand the frustration, I choose a wait and see attitude.

My memory is that Bullock was terrible at the beginning of last season. But he has a career 38% 3P%. DFS has a career 36% 3P%. I would say the odds are they will start hitting those shots. But good news for all the Bullock haters. He is injured with a neck strain, so he is questionable for tonights game. Yay!!!

Last edited by purplefrog; 11-18-2022 at 06:26 PM.
purplefrog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2022, 06:32 PM   #57
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
Hawks are again making John Collins available...

still need a ball handler but who knows.
Saw Tobias Harris was available. Not super interested, but THJ, Bullock, and Powell works.

Old 11-18-2022, 08:53 PM   #58
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

This team is really unable to keep a team below 60% and 50% from three
Old 11-18-2022, 08:55 PM   #59
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Wood is slangin

7pts in 2:30