Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 12-29-2005, 01:11 PM   #961
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

i always like doing this with pictures... Just got these cds within the last week or so and put them on my iPod... been listening to them.

Last edited by Big Boy Laroux; 12-29-2005 at 01:12 PM.
Big Boy Laroux is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-29-2005, 01:26 PM   #962
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike
I've been listening to The White Stripes "seven nation army"....one of the most infectious beats ever....
Listen to track 8 on the same album. Man, that's some great music. Although, I think De Stijl is better.
Old 12-29-2005, 03:44 PM   #963
raefformvp
Golden Member

raefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Boy Laroux
i always like doing this with pictures... Just got these cds within the last week or so and put them on my iPod... been listening to them.

BBL, you like James Blunt? I'm still trying to decide if I like him. I have just started listening to Fall Out Boy. They are pretty good!

my boy cheering on the Mavs with his Mavs maraca and wearing his Jason Terry headband.
raefformvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 04:05 PM   #964
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

blunt's voice is weird at first... but i really like that "you're beautiful" song, and he sang well on SNL (even though he kept staring into the camera... pretty creepy) and the cd was $8 at target this week, so i picked it up. i'm liking the rest of the cd, too.

as for fall out boy, i've been a fan of that "sugar, we're goin down" song since i first heard it. but i didn't want to get the cd unless i liked something else on it. i heard "dance, dance" the other day, and liked that, so i got the cd ($9 at circuit city this week)
Old 12-29-2005, 05:18 PM   #965
mercury_rev

mercury_rev will become famous soon enough

Sleater-Kinney: The Woods

Those ladies RAWK
mercury_rev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 08:18 PM   #966
irontoad
Golden Member

irontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to all

Morphine - The Night
Old 12-31-2005, 01:54 PM   #967
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

SaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud of

Notorious B.I.G. - The Duets: Final Chapter
Notorious B.I.G. & Frank Sinatra - Bed-Stuy Meets Blue-Eyes
Miles Davis - Kind of Blue

Last edited by SaltwaterChaffy; 12-31-2005 at 01:55 PM.
SaltwaterChaffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 12:32 PM   #968
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Postal service mix CD
Death Cab mix Cd
Iron and Wine mix Cd
Tegan and Sara Mix cd (they are kinda weird)

A friend gave me all of these so i listened to them and I like.

Lacuna Coil - Comalies
Started listening to them again, they really are amazing. Think Linkin Parks music with a similar voice as Amy Lee from Evanscence. They are italian and the title song is half in italian but still a good listen. If you listen to samplers on the internet, check out the songs tight rope and heaven is a lie.

Yeah i listen to alot of music.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 01:59 PM   #969
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Oh yeah, also to balance all of that music out I went back to an old favorite,
Mudvayne - the end of all things to come

World so Cold reminded me of high school. Greatest listen to it to get pumped up before a football game song EVER. I love that song.
Old 01-01-2006, 05:28 PM   #970
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

That's what I'm talking about, Five-ofan!

Currently listening to System of a Down - Revenga, along with some faster stuff.
Old 01-01-2006, 07:08 PM   #971
ames7
Diamond Member

ames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to behold

Jack's Mannequin (Something Corporate side project) - Everything in Transit
Fall Out Boy - Under the Cork Tree
Panic! at the Disco - A Fever You Can't Sweat Out
Old 01-01-2006, 07:35 PM   #972
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Boy Laroux

$$$$$$$$....... I give it a 6/10 right now, haven't really gone all the way through it yet. I LOVED Cold Roses, this is more like Love is Hell, meaning it has some great moments but overall I'm not as into the more mopey stuff from Ryan Adams. It's good, but I have to be in the right mood for it.

Last edited by Rhylan; 01-01-2006 at 07:35 PM.
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 11:56 AM   #973
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

yeah, if i ranked his 2005 releases, it goes

1) Cold Roses
2) Jacksonville City Nights
3) 29

i would agree with the 6/10. maybe a 7. it's grown on me, but not as good as the other two, which i thought were really good.
Old 01-05-2006, 07:27 AM   #974
Arne
Golden Member

Arne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud of

Does anyone of you guys like Jack Johnson?

He's published some great LPs and is gonna release his next record in springtime.

"Truth is treason in the empire of lies." - Ron Paul The Revolution - A Manifesto
Arne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 03:26 PM   #975
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

SaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud of

Fiona Apple - Extraordinary Machine
Boards of Canada
A Tribe Called Quest - People's Instinctive Travels...
Gorillaz - Demon Dayz
System of a Down - Hypnotize
Broken Social Scene - s/t

Old 01-05-2006, 05:12 PM   #976
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

yeah, i like jack johnson. great music to just sit back and chill. good music for driving, too.
Old 01-11-2006, 07:08 PM   #977
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

jack johnson is good stuff.

listening to:

outkast - atliens
sasha n digweed - northern exposures 3

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 08:31 PM   #978
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arne
Does anyone of you guys like Jack Johnson?

He's published some great LPs and is gonna release his next record in springtime.
Huge Jack fan. I saw him live a few months ago...great show.

Funkadelic - Maggot Brain

DJ Danger Mouse and MF Doom team up to make an album totally dedicated to Adult Swim
Old 01-15-2006, 07:59 PM   #979
raefformvp
Golden Member

raefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant future

in my search for love songs today I stumbled onto Jason Mraz. Why had I never heard of him before? I became instantly hooked on "Life is Wonderful", "Wordplay" and "Mr.Curiosity".

my boy cheering on the Mavs with his Mavs maraca and wearing his Jason Terry headband.
raefformvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006, 11:38 PM   #980
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by raefformvp
in my search for love songs today I stumbled onto Jason Mraz. Why had I never heard of him before? I became instantly hooked on "Life is Wonderful", "Wordplay" and "Mr.Curiosity".
I heard that his latest album wasn't all that great, but I have "Waiting for my Rocket to Come" and I dig it. Not quite like I dig me some Funkadelic like dirno, but still.

And on the Jack Johnson stuff... my Launchcast played me a song "If It Don't Matter" by a dude Donavon Frankenreiter, who is one of Jack Johnson's pals. I loved that song so much I had to go buy the album. It's a good album. Pretty much like Jack Johnson, only with a little more action on the bass.
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006, 11:48 PM   #981
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

yeah, his first cd is much better (although Mr. A-Z is decent). "You and I Both" is a great song.
Old 01-16-2006, 01:48 PM   #982
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

Bjork - Celebrating Wood and Metal
Architecture in Helsinki - In Case We Die
The Strokes - First Impressions of Earth

Old 01-17-2006, 09:21 AM   #983
untitled
Golden Member

untitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud of

Sufjan Stevens - Illinois
Fiery Furnaces - Blueberry Boat (how in the HELL did I miss this one last year? It's SOOOO good)
Deerhoof - Runners Four
centro-matic - Navigational
Bloc Party - Silent Alarm (umm, what is the big deal? Bought this over the summer and put it away for awhile - still isn't any better)
untitled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 02:12 PM   #984
Arne
Golden Member

Arne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhylan
And on the Jack Johnson stuff... my Launchcast played me a song "If It Don't Matter" by a dude Donavon Frankenreiter, who is one of Jack Johnson's pals. I loved that song so much I had to go buy the album. It's a good album. Pretty much like Jack Johnson, only with a little more action on the bass.
I've got the Donovan Frankenreiter album as well. The guy is great. "If It Don't Matter" and "Our Love" are like some of my favorit songs right now. But all in all I like Jack Johnson better, because of his lyrics and the fact that he's a bit more versatile and talks about a larger variety of themes.

Oh and if someone in here is into hip hop, I can recommend "Be Healthy" by Dead Prez.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...endID=35293014

How many of you guys have already signed up at myspace.com? There's a lot of great music to find there. Some you can even download.

"Brother Ali" is great as well:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...endID=22672642

"Truth is treason in the empire of lies." - Ron Paul The Revolution - A Manifesto

Last edited by Arne; 01-17-2006 at 02:16 PM.
Old 01-18-2006, 03:42 AM   #985
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

Project Pitchfork: View from a Throne, IO, and Inferno. And also, Eightball & MJG: Comin' out Hard...

Last edited by Evilmav2; 01-18-2006 at 03:45 AM.
Evilmav2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 11:04 AM   #986
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

You guys still use CD players? Nonpoint's Bullet with a Name is playing right now on my computer.............. work computer.
Old 01-18-2006, 11:05 AM   #987
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

Bernie, for the most part, I'm not playing my music on a "CD Player."

Old 01-20-2006, 03:23 AM   #988
mercury_rev

mercury_rev will become famous soon enough

Squeeze - 45's and Under
The New Pornographers - Twin Cinema

If you're addicted to pop hooks, these two are chock full.
mercury_rev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 01:19 PM   #989
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

I really liked Twin Cinema. In fact, I think I'll load it up right now. It will have to wait until

Bjork - Post

finishes.

Old 01-20-2006, 01:23 PM   #990
snoop

snoop is a jewel in the roughsnoop is a jewel in the roughsnoop is a jewel in the rough

Bubba Sparxxx-The Charm
Old 01-22-2006, 01:26 PM   #991
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

Gnarls Barkley is a new project combining the talents of Cee-Lo Green and producer Danger Mouse. There are three tracks floating around on the Web, so if you can find them, get them, because they are awesome.

Hopefully this gets released in a full album format soon.

Old 01-22-2006, 08:39 PM   #992
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirno2000
DJ Danger Mouse and MF Doom team up to make an album totally dedicated to Adult Swim
MF Doom is greatness. Madvillain is probably my favorite hiphop cd of the last five years or so.
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 09:37 PM   #993
Five-ofan
Guru

Dane cook Harmful if swallowed. Dude is hilarious
Old 01-24-2006, 01:13 AM   #994
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Jack Johnson

On and On
Between Dreams
Brushfire Fairytales

This guy is an absolute master at songwriting. I've been listening to him all day. Pure enjoyment as music was intended.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 01:24 AM   #995
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

on my itunes right now...

Old 01-24-2006, 04:20 AM   #996
Arne
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drbio
Jack Johnson

On and On
Between Dreams
Brushfire Fairytales

This guy is an absolute master at songwriting. I've been listening to him all day. Pure enjoyment as music was intended.
He does the soundtrack for Curious George. Here it is:

http://www.jackjohnsonmusic.com/main...ms.asp?Navid=8

Also, watch this ""Taylor" - Music Video Outtakes - The Malloys"-Clip! Hilarious stuff.

And the "Buter Nut"-music video has got great surfing clips in it.

Old 01-24-2006, 08:58 PM   #997
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

I have the Curious George CD preordered via iTunes.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 09:55 PM   #998
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltwaterChaffy
Gnarls Barkley is a new project combining the talents of Cee-Lo Green and producer Danger Mouse. There are three tracks floating around on the Web, so if you can find them, get them, because they are awesome.

Hopefully this gets released in a full album format soon.
Thanks for the heads up...you never know what you're going to get out of Cee-Lo so I can only imagine with this collaboration will bring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshJive
MF Doom is greatness. Madvillain is probably my favorite hiphop cd of the last five years or so.
MF Doom/Madvillian/King Gedorah/Viktor Vaughn/Zeb Luv X is the best in the game as far as I'm concerned.

I listened to Mr Hood (KMD) all summer back in 91 and it remains one of my all time favorite hip hop albums. When Sub Rock died and I thought that was then end of the line. Fast forward to last year when I stumble across MMM...Food and I'm immediately drawn to it...I didn't find out until a few months later that X had reinvented himself as MF Doom(among others).

And yes, Madvilliany is a great CD. I'd go with Vaudeville Villain by a nose.
Old 01-24-2006, 10:03 PM   #999
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

U2 - POP
Marilyn Manson - Smells Like Children
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 01:22 AM   #1000
Arne
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirno2000
And yes, Madvilliany is a great CD. I'd go with Vaudeville Villain by a nose.
Madvillainy was a good CD, but it wasn't even anything near my all-time favorit.

Tags
<clutch tagging>, got a bit fluffy in here