Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 10-29-2016, 03:52 PM   #81
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

RC is thought of around the league as a top 3-5 coach by practically the entire NBA. If he was fired today he would have a job tomorrow in the NBA if he wanted it. Avery Johnson couldn't get a job in the NBA and is now coaching Alabama to a mediocre record just like the guy he just replaced. If he was fired today nobody would even talk about it and he'd be watching RC coach Mavs games on his coach the rest of the year.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-29-2016, 04:00 PM   #82
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin Jackson View Post
Barea was already good when he played for Avery Johnson. When he would get minutes he would always get a quick 10 points and 7-8 assists in like 20 minutes.

Also if you think a coaches claim to fame is Barea than I don't know what to say. Barea is a 10ppg player that averages about 25 minutes a game on 42% shooting.

That's nothing to really shout about.
Everybody knows that Carlisle turned Barea into a Bynum-killer the same way that Mr. Miyagi turned David-san into a Goliath-killer... It's basically a scientific fact. To argue against that is to argue against the nature of reality.

Jackson: RIP
Kobe: RIP
Bynum: RIP
Barea: pwning
Carlisle: pwning

The Truth hurts, don't it?

Quote:
Don Nelson taught Dirk Nowitzki, Steve Nash, Mike Finley, Monta Ellis and Steph Curry. Not even counting Tim Hardaway, Chris Webber, Billy Owens, Mitch Richmond Latrell Sprewell, Terry Cummings, Sidney Moncrief, Anthony Mason and many others.
Don Nelson still owes me weed money... You're not a good coach if you don't ocassionally throw in (especially when we all KNOW you're holding, dude... I saw you & Nash blazing trees in your car when you drove up!!) He's worse than Franken-Hilla-Trump-with-a-Hitler-penis... Worse than Phil Jackson, even.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 04:22 PM   #83
Marvin Jackson
Banned

Marvin Jackson is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan_Wilson View Post
RC is thought of around the league as a top 3-5 coach by practically the entire NBA. If he was fired today he would have a job tomorrow in the NBA if he wanted it. Avery Johnson couldn't get a job in the NBA and is now coaching Alabama to a mediocre record just like the guy he just replaced. If he was fired today nobody would even talk about it and he'd be watching RC coach Mavs games on his coach the rest of the year.
Why the hate for Avery Johnson. They have the same exact Win % in the regular season and playoffs. Except Johnson actually took over a rebuild in New Jersey. Carlisle has never taken over a rebuild.

I liked what Johnson was able to accomplish as a coach in his 3 and half short seasons here. He was the reason the Mavs finally got over the San Antonio Spurs. He knew how to beat them having played for Popovich for so many years.

Also he did do well in the Finals. There were just many bad calls in that series. Also a few Suspensions against our players that cost us. They suspended Stackhouse for being flagrant fouled by Shaq. It was a fixed rigged series. Anyone who says otherwise is silly. So basically the Mavs really won those Finals and Avery really does have a Championship. An easy one at that.

Against the Warriors was not his fault. Don Nelson is a HOF coach and he just knew how to beat the team he built. He knew their weaknesses. That was one of the greatest coaching performances in NBA history or sports history but haters don't like to talk about it.

Last edited by Marvin Jackson; 10-29-2016 at 04:24 PM.
Marvin Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 04:25 PM   #84
Marvin Jackson
Banned

Also just average odds of winning the Championship is 1 out of 30 years. Carlisle is 1 for 17 years coaching. So not that much better than average.
Old 10-29-2016, 04:28 PM   #85
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Also he did do well in the Finals. There were just many bad calls in that series. Also a few Suspensions against our players that cost us. They suspended Stackhouse for being flagrant fouled by Shaq. It was a fixed rigged series. Anyone who says otherwise is silly. So basically the Mavs really won those Finals and Avery really does have a Championship. An easy one at that.

Old 10-29-2016, 04:30 PM   #86
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
David Stern cannot melt steel beams.
So let me get this straight: Stern was behind 9/11?
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 04:30 PM   #87
Underdog

Quote:
Also just average odds of winning the Championship is 1 out of 30 years. Carlisle is 1 for 17 years coaching. So not that much better than average.
According to maths, that's almost twice as good as "average"...

Old 10-29-2016, 04:32 PM   #88
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Geez with this logic you might as well just shut down the forum.

The cad has spoken.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 04:37 PM   #89
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
The logic seems sound to me. I sent Jessica Alba an email in 2009. She didn't reply but it was because of a really bad internet connection so it wasn't my fault at all she didn't reply. So in conclusion, Ive been engaged to Jessica Alba for 7 years now.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 04:39 PM   #90
Underdog

Quote:
The logic seems sound to me. I sent Jessica Alba an email in 2009. She didn't reply but it was because of a really bad internet connection so it wasn't my fault at all she didn't reply. So in conclusion, Ive been engaged to Jessica Alba for 7 years now.
Meh, Jessica Alba is no Avery Johnson... Congrats on the championship anyway, I guess.

Last edited by Underdog; 10-29-2016 at 04:40 PM.
Old 10-29-2016, 05:41 PM   #91
Marvin Jackson
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post
So let me get this straight: Stern was behind 9/11?
you are being rude and stupid. It's common knowledge that Stern rigged that series. Just like many and most think that Dez Bryant really caught that ball in Green Bay.
Old 10-29-2016, 05:43 PM   #92
Marvin Jackson
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Geez with this logic you might as well just shut down the forum.

The cad has spoken.
you still cheering for 8 ppg 41% devin harris boy? I bet you want to get with his wife. That is the only real reason you like him.

Last edited by Marvin Jackson; 10-29-2016 at 05:43 PM.
Old 10-29-2016, 05:49 PM   #93
Underdog

Quote:
you still cheering for 8 ppg 41% devin harris boy? I bet you want to get with his wife. That is the only real reason you like him.

Old 10-29-2016, 10:01 PM   #94
DoYouEvenLift

DoYouEvenLift is just really niceDoYouEvenLift is just really niceDoYouEvenLift is just really niceDoYouEvenLift is just really niceDoYouEvenLift is just really niceDoYouEvenLift is just really niceDoYouEvenLift is just really nice

Well I'll give him this he had a high PPD rate (Post Per Day). Too bad none of the posts were any good.
DoYouEvenLift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 11:38 PM   #95
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED HERE
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 11:17 AM   #96
Skywalker
Diamond Member

Skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond repute

I for one appreciated the activity tbh

Quote:
Dirk Nowitzki is a monster of epic and unattainable proportion. Seriously, he must be stopped.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 07:19 AM   #97
Budapest Maverick
Platinum Member

Budapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant future

Quality thread, would probably read it again.
Budapest Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 06:19 PM   #98
Jeff Wade
Banned

Jeff Wade is infamous around these partsJeff Wade is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Really love the pro-love for RC there. My only complaint....

While I do think that in RC's system sometimes the wing players just stand in the corner and are largely ignored for stretches. This Crowder stuff is getting out of hand. He's a quality player for sure but borderline all star? His PER was 15.8 last year, the league average is 15 every year. Parsons on one leg half the time he was on the floor was a 16.2. Monta who is the go to for borderline all star talks has had several seasons where he was 16.5-19.0 and not made the all star. a dude who barely is above the league average in PER is not a borderline all star to me. And outside of Crowder I can't really recall a young player who RC did not develop who left and became something memorable.

And fwiw just to clarify, the worst player who made the all star game last year in the east would prolly be isaiah thomas(21.5) or al horford(19.3). Both well above the league average area where Crowder is.
If Crowder ever did make an all star team it would be for his defense. I think he's an ok player. I do think he and Aminu should've received more time while they were here.

Last edited by Jeff Wade; 10-31-2016 at 07:30 PM.
Jeff Wade is offline   Reply With Quote