Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 09-29-2003, 02:53 PM   #1
XERXES
Diamond Member

XERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud of
Default Fantasy Dinner Thread

Who would the 5 guests (living or not) at your fantasy dinner be?

Me?

Teddy Roosevelt
Apostle Paul
Great Grandfather Isbell
Martin Luther (the protestant reformist - not the civil rights leader)
&
George W.

You?
Old 09-29-2003, 02:54 PM   #2
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

I'd just assume have dinner by myself
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2003, 03:08 PM   #3
Psychedelic Fuzz
Platinum Member

Psychedelic Fuzz is on a distinguished road

All musicians and composers:
J. S. Bach
John Cage
Steve Turre
Jimi Hendirx
Ray Charles
(You guys have no idea how hard it was to only pick 5)

Psychedelic Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2003, 03:09 PM   #4
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Fantasy Dinner Thread

My kids 30 years older than now (that would be 3 spots) - just so I can see how they rounded out as adults.
My wife
Murphy3
Old 09-29-2003, 03:19 PM   #5
ItalianMobbstah187

ItalianMobbstah187 is on a distinguished road

Martin Luther King, Jr.
Medgar Evers
Michael Jordan
Tupac Shakur
Michael Richards
ItalianMobbstah187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2003, 03:22 PM   #6
Caliente
Diamond Member

Caliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to all

Jesus
My father
My Aunt Ninfa
My cat
Chiwas

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-29-2003, 03:23 PM   #7
Nicky31

Nicky31 is on a distinguished road

Jesus Christ would be top on my list
My mom
My wife
My daughter
I agree with Xerxes the Apostle Paul

That would be the best dinner invite...

Nicky31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2003, 03:25 PM   #8
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Jesus - to say the blessing
Jim Carrey - i'm sure it'd be amusing to watch him eat
Dale Murphy - gotta talk sports
Diane Lane - Dessert
Leonardo - I'm sure he can come up with somethng so that I don't forget the dessert
Old 09-29-2003, 03:32 PM   #9
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Honus Wagner
Walter Payton
Jackie Robinson
Red Grange
Brett Hull

That would be my sports fantasy dinner.
Old 09-29-2003, 04:33 PM   #10
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

Nat Turner
Chris Rock
David Duke
Hitler
Cain (gotta ask where he found his wife/wives)

(I'd be at the far end of the table, in full body armor)
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2003, 07:58 PM   #11
Rod1975
Golden Member

Rod1975 is on a distinguished road

Eliza Dushku
Jessica Biel
Laetitia Casta
Milla Jovovich
Jewel Kilcher
Old 09-29-2003, 08:54 PM   #12
southern_sweets
Diamond Member

southern_sweets will become famous soon enoughsouthern_sweets will become famous soon enough

My grandparents on my mother's side that I never knew
JFK
Eduardo Najera
Mother Teresa
southern_sweets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2003, 10:01 PM   #13
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

Phidippides
Queen Elizabeth I
Beethoven
General Francisco Franco
Richard Nixon
Alicia De Larrocha
Nell Carter
Pee Wee Herman
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2003, 10:07 PM   #14
XERXES
Diamond Member

XERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally posted by: MavKikiNYC
Phidippides
Queen Elizabeth I
Beethoven
Richard Nixon
Nell Carter
Pee Wee Herman
That is truly the most insane list anyone could have ever created...maybe take away QEI and replace her with Stalin or Lenin - but it's pretty dang perfect as it is.
Old 09-29-2003, 10:10 PM   #15
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

Had to make a couple of additions, X.

I'm not sure whom I'd seat across from whom, but I'd enjoy talking to all of them, I think.
Old 09-29-2003, 10:15 PM   #16
XERXES
Diamond Member

Funny. You could sit in the "Percy Shelley Seat of Honor"
Old 09-29-2003, 10:21 PM   #17
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

Jesus
Dirk
Hendrix
Catherine Bell
My Father
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2003, 10:52 PM   #18
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Grandparents (mothers side)
Lucille Ball
JFK
Old 09-29-2003, 11:47 PM   #19
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of

i need some more time to figure out my 5.

but i think it'd be nice to sit and talk with Jesus. i've got some questions for him. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 09-30-2003, 01:18 PM   #20
XERXES
Diamond Member

Can I sit at your table, Smiles?
Old 09-30-2003, 01:24 PM   #21
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Quote:
Originally posted by: XERXES
Can I sit at your table, Smiles?
Well Murph never accepted my invitation on my first fantasy dinner. If you don't have plans, you can certainly come in his place.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 09-30-2003, 01:41 PM   #22
Murphy3
Guru

U2, what are you having?
Old 09-30-2003, 01:49 PM   #23
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Let's see...

Brisket
Fried Okra
Asparagus (w/Hollandaise sauce) [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
...and Pizza Goldfish - my daughters insist on this one...
Beer/Wine
Football
...and the rolls of course.

Hadn't really thought about it too much since no one accepted. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
Old 09-30-2003, 02:15 PM   #24
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: smile_at_me10

but i think it'd be nice to sit and talk with Jesus. i've got some questions for him. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Plus, you could serve tap water and get JC to change it into a nice Rioja or Chateauneuf du Pape. That would sure start the dinnertable conversation rolling.
Old 09-30-2003, 02:31 PM   #25
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Quote:
Quote:

Plus, you could serve tap water and get JC to change it into a nice Rioja or Chateauneuf du Pape. That would sure start the dinnertable conversation rolling.
Unless you are a Baptist... then it would just be primo grape juice. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]
Old 09-30-2003, 11:23 PM   #26
XERXES
Diamond Member

or some Boone's Strawberry Hill
Old 10-01-2003, 12:21 AM   #27
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of

Quote:
Quote:

that would be nice too.

Xerxes, sure you can come to my table! There's still a lot of room.

I guess indecision leaves room for those who ask. I'll just take requests.
Old 10-01-2003, 12:40 AM   #28
XERXES
Diamond Member

I'm pulling up a chair right now...
Old 10-01-2003, 07:47 AM   #29
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

mavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of light

I will invite all the girls here at d-m.

Smiles
Novice
Mandy
MFF
Caliente
Sweets
Strum

I am missing some names. But all girls at d-m.com feel free to join me for this fantasy dinner.
Old 10-01-2003, 03:01 PM   #30
OutletPass
Diamond Member

OutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really nice

Einstein
Kate Hepburn
JFK (to see if he'd hit on Kate)
Satan (for his side of the story)
John Cage (great call pfuzz !)
Muhammad Ali
Ryan
and the poster alternatively known as "Loki"
Old 10-01-2003, 03:07 PM   #31
Smiles
Diamond Member

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

that would be nice too.

Xerxes, sure you can come to my table! There's still a lot of room.

I guess indecision leaves room for those who ask. I'll just take requests.
my list finally:

1. Jesus (if he's going answer questions and do the wine thing) [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] (I want to see the equation for how he did that!)
2. George W.
3. Queen Noor
4. Stephen Hawking
5. Leonardo da Vinci

XERXES - because he asked.
Old 10-01-2003, 03:26 PM   #32
irontoad
Golden Member

irontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally posted by: OutletPass
Satan (for his side of the story)
Yeah, he's really not so bad you know, OP, didn't you see the South Park movie? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Anyway, here's my list:

1. Albert Einstein
2. Niels Bohr
3. Beethoven
4. Fritjof Capra
5. Leonardo DaVinci
Old 10-01-2003, 06:47 PM   #33
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts

- Isaac Newton
- Euclid
- Alexander the Great
- Charles Darwin
- Ferdinand Magellan
- Hernan Cortes
- Erik the Red
- James Cook
- Marie Curie
- Sor Juana Ines de la Cruz
- Frida Kahlo
- Archimedes
- Tycho Brahe
- Jane Goodall
- Joan of Arc
- Kepler
- Copernicus
- Moses
- Noha
- Mohammed
- Buddha
- Nebuchadnezzar
- Charles Wilkes

...to be continued.

Old 10-01-2003, 06:52 PM   #34
southern_sweets
Diamond Member

southern_sweets will become famous soon enoughsouthern_sweets will become famous soon enough

The limit if 5, Chiwas.
Old 10-01-2003, 07:08 PM   #35
Chiwas
Guru

- Sweets
- Sweets
- Sweets
- Sweets
- Sweets

Old 10-01-2003, 07:10 PM   #36
southern_sweets
Diamond Member

That's better.

What are we having for dinner?
Old 10-01-2003, 07:41 PM   #37
Chiwas
Guru

1.-beer
2.-beer
3.-beer
4.-beer
5.-beer
Old 10-01-2003, 07:47 PM   #38
southern_sweets
Diamond Member

What time?

Is Eddie coming?
Old 10-01-2003, 07:56 PM   #39
Chiwas
Guru

Quote:
Originally posted by: southern_sweets

Is Eddie coming?
Check out my 5 list.

Old 10-01-2003, 08:06 PM   #40
Psychedelic Fuzz
Platinum Member

Psychedelic Fuzz is on a distinguished road

Tycho Brahe?
Guess it would be kind of cool to watch him take his nose off.

Psychedelic Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote