Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Political Arena

Old 08-02-2004, 09:56 PM   #1
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Kerry says EVERYONE will get a tax break UNLESS we are at WAR!

What planet is this guy on?? Even Stephanopoulos can't believe it.

Quote:
SENATOR JOHN F. KERRY: Let me make one caveat.

GEORGE STEPHANOPOULOS: Okay.

SENATOR JOHN F. KERRY: War, obvious national emergency.

GEORGE STEPHANOPOULOS: Well, we're at war now.

SENATOR JOHN F. KERRY: Well, it is possible obviously if the war, we've said that our plan is going to reduce the burden in this war, I have no doubt on that, none whatsoever. We're going to reduce the burden in this war, and if we do what we need to do for our economy, we're going to grow the tax base of our country.

GEORGE STEPHANOPOULOS: That's a pretty big caveat.

SENATOR JOHN F. KERRY: No, it's not a big caveat. I'm talking about a national emergency beyond what we have today in Iraq, if you had something extraordinary that happened, and obviously I want to be realistic about that.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-02-2004, 09:58 PM   #2
reeds
Golden Member

reeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these parts
Default RE:Kerry says EVERYONE will get a tax break UNLESS we are at WAR!

everyone?? He better not have included the rich- those making over 250k a year..if he is including them, he flip flopped and I will admit it...I dont beleive the rich are included, but I could be wrong...
Old 08-02-2004, 10:13 PM   #3
mavsman55
Platinum Member

mavsman55 has a spectacular aura aboutmavsman55 has a spectacular aura aboutmavsman55 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally posted by: reeds
I dont beleive the rich are included, but I could be wrong...
Let's take a look back at the title of this thread:
"Kerry says EVERYONE will get a tax break UNLESS we are at WAR!"

Reeds I know you hate rich people but that doesn't mean that they don't exist... If Kerry said EVERYONE will get tax breaks he better mean that EVERYONE will get tax breaks.
mavsman55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2004, 10:17 PM   #4
reeds
Golden Member

reeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these parts

"Reeds I know you hate rich people but that doesn't mean that they don't exist... If Kerry said EVERYONE will get tax breaks he better mean that EVERYONE will get tax breaks."

First off- I dont hate the rich. Please find me anywhere where I said that...I just dont feel they should get tax credits when they are already wealthy and we have millions that cant afford homes/healthcare/etc...

2nd- I Listened to Kerry and Edwards last week, they both said they would do away with the tax breaks for the wealthiest of americans...

Old 08-02-2004, 10:36 PM   #5
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Kerry says EVERYONE will get a tax break UNLESS we are at WAR!

Reeds is right, kerry believes that if you make 199,999 you get a tax break, if you make 200,000 you are a filthy rich bastard and get nothing. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

No matter how many people you are employing in your small business. Who gives a crap about those jobs anyway as long as kerry can get some more of the "filthy riches" money.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2004, 08:09 AM   #6
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold
Default RE: Kerry says EVERYONE will get a tax break UNLESS we are at WAR!

more hilarity from the Stephanapoulos interview:

GEORGE STEPHANOPOULOS: Taxes, first words out of President Bush's mouth yesterday in his speech were, they're going to raise taxes, we are not. You said in your speech on Thursday night, we won't raise taxes on the middle class. Is that a rock hard pledge?

SENATOR JOHN F. KERRY: Rock hard.

GEORGE STEPHANOPOULOS: No matter what, no new taxes?

SENATOR JOHN F. KERRY: Absolutely solid. No new taxes on the middle class. We are going to, in fact, provide, 98 percent of Americans will get a tax cut under our plan, and the other folks know it. We've said this for the last year. It's in our plans. Both John and I ran in the caucuses and primaries very clearly saying we believe we need to protect the middle class.

GEORGE STEPHANOPOULOS: So if you're ...

SENATOR JOHN F. KERRY: Ninety-nine percent of American businesses will get a tax cut under our economic approach because we're going to stop rewarding the companies that go overseas and start rewarding the companies that are fighting to create jobs here.

GEORGE STEPHANOPOULOS: So let's try to define middle class. If you're earning under $200,000 you're guaranteed no tax increase in a Kerry administration?

SENATOR JOHN F. KERRY: Correct, that's, that's our plan. Not only that, we're going to give them, here let me give you the break that we're giving them. Well, let me tell you ...

GEORGE STEPHANOPOULOS: I know that's your plan.

SENATOR JOHN F. KERRY: Well, you got to get Congress to, Congress has to pass it, but that's what I will submit to Congress, and I will further submit an increase in the child care credit so that families can take care of their kids. We have a plan to provide a $4,000 tuition tax credit for families trying to send and pay the higher tuitions at college, and in addition we're going to lower the cost of health care in America, and the way we pay for those things, George, and we've shown this, is by rolling back the president’s unaffordable, unwise tax cut for the wealthiest Americans, and we invest that money in a combination of deficit reduction and these tax cuts.

GEORGE STEPHANOPOULOS: But I'm trying to get here at what happens if circumstances change, if the economy slows down, if your plans end up being more expensive than you think. Are you saying no matter what, the middle class isn't going to get a tax increase?

SENATOR JOHN F. KERRY: That's what I'm saying.

GEORGE STEPHANOPOULOS: No matter what. Okay, well, then I want to bring back a conversation I had with the mayor of Scranton yesterday. He thought your crowd was terrific. He thought it was just great. He said this is what he's afraid of.

SENATOR JOHN F. KERRY: Let me make one caveat.

GEORGE STEPHANOPOULOS: Okay.

SENATOR JOHN F. KERRY: War, obvious national emergency.

GEORGE STEPHANOPOULOS: Well, we're at war now.

SENATOR JOHN F. KERRY: Well, it is possible obviously if the war, we've said that our plan is going to reduce the burden in this war, I have no doubt on that, none whatsoever. We're going to reduce the burden in this war, and if we do what we need to do for our economy, we're going to grow the tax base of our country.

GEORGE STEPHANOPOULOS: That's a pretty big caveat.

SENATOR JOHN F. KERRY: No, it's not a big caveat. I'm talking about a national emergency beyond what we have today in Iraq, if you had something extraordinary that happened, and obviously I want to be realistic about that.

madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2004, 10:09 AM   #7
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Kerry sure knows how to draw a line in the wading pool. [img]i/expressions/anim_roller.gif[/img]