Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 06-25-2008, 08:30 PM   #1
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Ben and Skin... The Ticket

I'll start out by saying that I'm a huge P1. Also, I've come on this site and promoted Ben and Skin in the past... I've emailed the PD at the site supporting the duo... So, I do have a history of supporting the two. And yes, they do talk alot of basketball which is great as well.

But, it's gotten to the point to where I can no longer support those two. Damn, every time I listen to the show, they burn a couple of segments with their friends. They actually invite their goofy ass friends to either call in or come up to the studio or whatever and just bore the rest of the free world to death with their stories. There's KB the Cowboy homer.. some chick that's been on alot recently..and a couple of others. They're terrible... absolutely terrible... boring..not remotely entertaining..

It's because of this that I can no longer listen to the show. It's just no longer worth it to sit through the sh!t that they come up with their friends... No one gives a damn about their friends. No one.

Anyway, just had to get that off of my chest....just in case they happen to browse this forum. Plus, they have crappy taste in music.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-25-2008, 09:14 PM   #2
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Not only that(^^^^^^)..... but I barely listen to the Hardline anymore. I have found myself listening to audio books or music on drives home more often than not now.
Old 06-25-2008, 09:20 PM   #3
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm out on Ben and Skin unless they're talking Mavs. They had so much potential. I was really on board with them at the beginning. Murph is totally right, their friends are a beating. But even beyond their friends, they're just non stop Gordo humor, but they're not funny.

Agree on the Hardline. I think I've figured out what it is, too. Greggo was a baffoon, but he was funny. It was funny to laugh with him and at him. And the drops of course, were hilarious.

I've basically never enjoyed their sports opinions, at all, but at least Greggo and Mike together had personality.

I like Corby when he's doing bits and whacky interviews, but he's nauseatingly vanilla when he talks sports.

I'm ready for BaD radio to be moved to afternoon drive. They are, by leaps and bounds, the best show on the Ticket right now.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com

Last edited by jthig32; 06-25-2008 at 09:29 PM.
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 09:27 PM   #4
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Agreed on BaD radio. I basically stop down whatever I'm doing at work to flip on the Norm/Bad radio mix real quick so I can make sure to catch their show. I've been listening to Norm lately...background noise I guess.

I still enjoy why today doesn't suck...but unless Danny and Corby are yelling at eachother, or grubes is whipping their ass with annoying drops, they're losing me. Rhines is losing contact with reality.

Ben and Skin have great Mavs talk, and I support them continuing the post game shows...other than that...yeah they are a beating and they think they're a lot funnier than they are.
Old 06-26-2008, 02:52 PM   #5
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Actually, I like The Hardline better without Greggo... I don't miss him one bit. I don't get alot of joy of a hick getting on the air talking sports and sounding like a total idiot...while high...

I never really cared much for Greggo...

I never really found him funny. Yes, I did sometimes find others making fun of him funny... but I never found him funny at all.

Last edited by Murphy3; 06-26-2008 at 02:53 PM.
Old 07-01-2008, 04:04 PM   #6
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Listening to Mike, Corby and Danny discuss NBA free agency is so, so painful.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
Old 07-01-2008, 04:09 PM   #7
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32
Listening to Mike, Corby and Danny discuss NBA free agency is so, so painful.
I was thinking the same thing.

And Corby's love of BD beats me.
Old 07-01-2008, 04:14 PM   #8
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
I was thinking the same thing.

And Corby's love of BD beats me.
Yup, it's painful. Very obvious he watches about 10 games a season before the playoffs.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 07-01-2008, 05:17 PM   #9
Murphy3
Guru

Yep... the only thing worse than listening to mike and corby talk basketball was listening to greg, mike, and corby talk basketball.
Old 07-01-2008, 05:19 PM   #10
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3
Yep... the only thing worse than listening to mike and corby talk basketball was listening to greg, mike, and corby talk basketball.
Probably true, but the drops kept me interested.

I really miss Greggo drops.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 07-14-2008, 05:44 PM   #11
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

This is, quite possibly, the worst bit I've ever heard on the Ticket.

Anyone else listening to this train wreck with Ben and Skin right now?

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 07-14-2008, 06:02 PM   #12
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

what's the bit?
Old 07-14-2008, 06:54 PM   #13
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

I'm not sure I can even describe it. They were parrodying the "Olga Phone Call", which I guess is a well known voicemail call in some internet circles.

They parodied it with their terrible Sturm and Wade Phillips characters. It was awful.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game

Last edited by jthig32; 07-14-2008 at 06:54 PM.
Old 07-14-2008, 07:17 PM   #14
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Did you get a "Failed bit warning?"
Old 07-14-2008, 07:19 PM   #15
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

I wish I had. They are such a hard listen.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 07-14-2008, 07:36 PM   #16
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Where is that "failed" dog picture?
"Yankees fans who say ā€œflags fly foreverā€™ā€™ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... Itā€™s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. Thatā€™s it and no one can say s--- about it.ā€™ā€™
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 07:45 PM   #17
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Not sure which one you're talking about, dude, so I'll post one of my favorite failed pics:

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 07-14-2008, 10:32 PM   #18
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Is there something we can do to help BaD radio get its rightful place in afternoon drive? Or is the fact that Rhyner built The Little Ticket enough to have him cemented in whatever slot he desires?

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 11:01 PM   #19
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Pretty much.
Old 07-14-2008, 11:04 PM   #20
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute
Talking

Quote:
Pretty much.
thats what she said?

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 07-14-2008, 11:07 PM   #21
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

BaD radio is obviously bringing more to the table every day. (Maybe not this week...I need Bob). They're enthusiastic and energetic about their show, they always bring plenty of segments and a lot of time they don't get to everything they wanted to.

Funnier bits, better sports talk, better interviews....it's just better all around.

Too bad Dan has to be there too
Old 07-14-2008, 11:15 PM   #22
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
BaD radio is obviously bringing more to the table every day. (Maybe not this week...I need Bob). They're enthusiastic and energetic about their show, they always bring plenty of segments and a lot of time they don't get to everything they wanted to.

Funnier bits, better sports talk, better interviews....it's just better all around.

Too bad Dan has to be there too
second. But I like Dan.

Old 07-14-2008, 11:17 PM   #23
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Dan is imoprtant to that show. Bob is far, far more important, but Bob and Donovan is lacking.

However, Dan and Donovan is borderline awful.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 07-14-2008, 11:29 PM   #24
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32

However, Dan and Donovan is borderline awful.
Still the third best show though...

Old 07-15-2008, 08:56 AM   #25
Murphy3
Guru

I'll take Norm over dan and donovan any day of the week.
Old 07-15-2008, 05:13 PM   #26
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3
I'll take Norm over dan and donovan any day of the week.
I agree.

Musers>Norm>Dan and Donovan>New Hardline

Old 08-13-2008, 06:02 AM   #27
Dim499
Platinum Member

Dim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud of

I don't know if it's already been mentioned somewhere , but as the quality of their show deteriorates, dilapidates, dwindles, spirales downward, melts away, they continue to fail upwards as they get a daily weekday midday radio show on some other radio station.

http://blogs.dallasobserver.com/spor...idday_host.php

I wonder what Ben's radio mentor Dan McDowell thinks of that.
Dim499 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 09:06 AM   #28
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

What??

So now they're getting destroyed by Bob and Dan for a living. Fitting.
Old 08-13-2008, 09:11 AM   #29
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

I guess Greggo's employment pants are drooping pretty hard about right now.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 09:11 AM   #30
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Does this mean they're done on the Ticket? Meaning no more Mavs post game?

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 08-13-2008, 09:13 AM   #31
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

I don't know how to find that out. Do either one of those jack arses have a blog?

hmmm yeah. According to what their web site says, it sounds like they won't be on the Ticket any more. Weird.

Last edited by Flacolaco; 08-13-2008 at 09:16 AM.
Flacolaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 09:23 AM   #32
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

I'm officially bummed if this means no more post games shows from them. It's actually a blow to the Ticket to lose that Mavs/NBA insight.

As for their daily show....as Flac pointed out, they're now going up against the best show on the Ticket (imo) and also the show that probably has the biggest crossover demographic with their own, so good luck with all that.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 08-13-2008, 11:20 AM   #33
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

Is that correct ? The Ticket isnĀ“t available any more (wmp) ?
Old 08-13-2008, 11:37 AM   #34
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

The Ticket is still availabe.... but the Ben and Skin show are gone.

Personally I was beaten by them whenever they would do anything besides Mavs talk. Their "bits" were just a waste of air space. I did get a good giggle at how impressed they would be with themselves whenever they would record a new bit. They seemed to think it was the most hilarious thing they had heard since the last bit they recorded.
Old 08-13-2008, 11:51 AM   #35
Murphy3
Guru

And I don't know who told them that it was a good idea to have their friends make guest appearances...