Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 11-09-2008, 10:49 AM   #41
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

prefontaine
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-13-2008, 10:15 AM   #42
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

They are

Diego Ribas da Cunha
Diego Armando Maradona
Rudolf "Rudi" Völler as a player - all soccer players

Ayrton Senna - Formula 1 Champion +
Dikembe

and i also like

Ernest Alfred Stautner + , former coach of NFL Europe´s Frankfurt Galaxy team. I attended their games in the first season. My first live football games and also first steps in a foreign language. The first words i learned were "incomplete", "holding" "penalty" and "false start"

Last edited by GermanDunk; 11-13-2008 at 10:18 AM.
GermanDunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 10:45 AM   #43
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

Baseball- Ichiro

Basketball- Dirk

Football- Tom Brady

Hockey- Rod Brind'Amor
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 11:41 AM   #44
mnmpeanut

mnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to all

Old 11-19-2008, 02:21 AM   #45
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash13 View Post
Football- Tom Brady
Oh, barf.

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 03:21 AM   #46
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

How can anybody not love this guy?

http://www.hulu.com/watch/1603/satur...ive-united-way

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 10:34 AM   #47
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by ty View Post
Oh, barf.
People hate him b/c he's good. The Pats are my 2nd favorite team after the Texans. My dad's side of the family is from Boston.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 12:21 PM   #48
nikeball
Platinum Member

nikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond repute

Ken Jennings
Old 11-24-2008, 04:04 PM   #49
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

emmitt freaking smith. nobody else is close. the guy never put the ball on the ground and nobody finished off runs like emmitt. every freaking run he'd pick up a half or a whole yard going down -- that's the difference between being somewhere down the list and the all-time leading rusher.

the dislocated shoulder game against the giants -- all time heroic freaking game in the history of ever. remember what barber did in the 4th quarter against the 'skins? emmitt did the same thing against the giants....for four quarters....with a dislocated shoulder.
Old 11-24-2008, 04:53 PM   #50
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

was it dislocated or separated?

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 05:06 PM   #51
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike View Post
was it dislocated or separated?
I guess it was separated.

whatever it was, it was the most painful game i've ever watched. gotta dig up his stats from that game....
Old 11-24-2008, 06:35 PM   #52
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

There are so many...but I will stick to players that I have actually seen play.

Earl Campbell was one of my favorites as a kid...so was Tony Dorsett.

In the 90's it had to be Irvin!!!

NBA for me was Rolando Blackman

Funny on the same note, I was always a fan of Dennis Rodman, I think too many people just don't understand the guy...similar to Terrell Owens...I just happen to like these two guys and don't have an issue with their antics.

Today it's Tony Romo, the guy is nothing but class and although he has superstar hype, he gives us a glimpse of how down to earth he really is.

This is a cool list...of course there is the opposite, such as players we despise the most:

Donovan McNabb, Kobe Bryant, Tiger Woods, Steve Nash, Charles Barkley

Pretty cool topic and great for fans to debate.

Oh I almost forgot...my favorite of all time that I actually got to see play (TV Only) was Walter Payton!!! Don't get me wrong, I liked Smith and was glad he was a Cowboy...but dang he was and is a bit arrogant, which annoys the heck out of me.

I put Walter Payton and Tony Romo in the same group in terms of class act...I can only hope that Romo will get to experience what only a team can bring...a Championship!!!

Last edited by 92bDad; 11-24-2008 at 06:38 PM.
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 07:22 PM   #53
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

baseball - Dale Murphy followed by Juan Gonzalez
basketball - Dirk followed by no one
football - Aikman, Danny White, Ed Jones
Hockey - Modano
Tennis - Agassi
Golf - Bob Estes and Mike Standly
soccer - Pele
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 07:33 PM   #54
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

i think charles barkley is a character
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 08:23 PM   #55
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Dirk and Tom Brady are my guys.
Old 11-24-2008, 08:41 PM   #56
alexamenos
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92bDad View Post
Earl Campbell was one of my favorites as a kid...
yeah, Earl Campbell is a long-time fav of mine. One of my favorite Bum Williams quotes....when asked about Earl's inability, or unwillingness, to finish a mile run at the end of a practice session in training camp, Bum says something to the effect of --

"If it's 4th and a yard, there's nobody better than Earl. If it's 4th and a mile I guess we'll just have to pass."