Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 04-10-2010, 01:46 AM   #41
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportstudi View Post
I only recall that I read it once, but I think it was either in 2005 or 2006. But I will check it again
Edit: Please be patient, now I need some sleep... (haven't slept at all).
Starting december 22?

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/...PKB4?year=2005
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-10-2010, 01:50 AM   #42
quietsavant

quietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by twistaeffect2004 View Post
That last play by Kidd where he got Dirk the open jumper was a thing of beauty. There are very, very few players who can think that quickly and then react, especially when you're on the road and in the final stages of a big ball game. Just incredible.

One thing about Butler because I think it's being overlooked. He's a really, really good defender. I didn't realize Butler has such quick hands. He does a great job of stripping players. Now that he's being more aggressive on offense we're really seeing the player he is. Very scrappy. I'm happy to have him on this team.
That play with kidd was honestly a testament to what that guy brings to the floor. Plays like that take anticipation, unselfishness and just savvy for the game. He knew all along he wanted dirk open. And he's so unselfish, he gives the ball up to haywood, creates a misdirection by doing the give and go and bringing aldrigde in(who i might add was ready to spike the ball into the stands), just for him to give it right back to the intended receiver all along. GENIUS. Next time, I hear someone mention this guys age as a knock, I will slap a sumbtch.

EDIT: also, what/who is that on your sig?

The good Ol days : Click

Last edited by quietsavant; 04-10-2010 at 01:52 AM.
quietsavant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 02:04 AM   #43
DULLAH

DULLAH is a jewel in the roughDULLAH is a jewel in the roughDULLAH is a jewel in the roughDULLAH is a jewel in the roughDULLAH is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by quietsavant View Post
bringing aldrigde in(who i might add was ready to spike the ball into the stands), just for him to give it right back to the intended receiver all along. GENIUS. Next time, I hear someone mention this guys age as a knock, I will slap a sumbtch.
Exactly. And Aldridge vice versa.
Not just on that particular play, but also on the pick&3pt pop, where Aldridge made another youthful mistake, in his instinctive fervor to block shots, and normal lack of responsibility near the 3pt line for his position.

It was annoying hearing Kamla talk about Kidd's poor shooting, when he made the 2 most important offensive plays of the night so effortlessly.
DULLAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 03:11 AM   #44
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by twistaeffect2004 View Post
That last play by Kidd where he got Dirk the open jumper was a thing of beauty. There are very, very few players who can think that quickly and then react, especially when you're on the road and in the final stages of a big ball game. Just incredible.
I loved that play, but I will give Kidd credit in a different way: He didn't think to pass the ball to Dirk quickly on the fly. Instead, he knew what he was going to do all along, from the very moment he passed the ball to Haywood. I replayed that about 4-5 times after it happened when there was a time out.

"I can't get through Batum with the ball...... but without it I can."

Last edited by bernardos70; 04-10-2010 at 03:13 AM.
bernardos70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 03:15 AM   #45
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

I was jumping and celebrating before Dirk even caught the ball. That was beautiful.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 03:54 AM   #46
left texas
Golden Member

left texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond repute

Roudy play tonight, loved it! The Mavs have toughened up.
left texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 05:33 AM   #47
cinemablend

cinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by twelli View Post
The reffing was definitely to our advantage, but that was like a playoff game. You whine, you lose.
I actually think it was the whining that hurt them more than anything. Not just from the players... but the fans.

The people in that arena started booing from the very first call and booed pretty much the entire game. They spent more time booing, screaming, and throwing things on the court than they ever did cheering for ANYTHING the players did.

They were so busy booing they pretty much forgot to root their own team on.

And at some point... it became irrelevant. They'd been booing and whining for so much of the game I'm pretty sure the refs no longer even heard it.

If anything they hurt their team, but they definitely didn't help it.
cinemablend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 05:35 AM   #48
cinemablend

cinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by me770706 View Post
as far as rest goes, i think giving Dirk around 20-25 minutes would be fine and giving Kidd an entire game off would be great. other than that, if you're not hurt then you need to be playing right now
No.

Rest always hurts this team.

The thing to do right now is pretend the playoffs start today and play with max intensity to gear up.

The Mavs aren't playing well enough to start resting... and in the past when they were playing well enough to rest and then rested their way into the playoffs... they failed.
cinemablend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 07:38 AM   #49
horse900703
Diamond Member

horse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud of

great win! nice job dirk!
horse900703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 07:51 AM   #50
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

Sportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
I think that's the one. The previous franchise record was held by Nash (50 or 52 I believe) and Dirk extended it against Minnesota if I am not mistaken. Unfortunately the play-by-play from those games within the streak are not available on NBA page. However, it's still a huge way to the NBA record in the regular season. It's 97 by Micheal Williams. I think only two other players made it above 80. Jose Calderon last year (he shot 98,1 percent; 151/154) and Mahmoud Abdul-Rauf (he was born as Chris Wayne Jackson) who both had a streak within the 80's.

Edit: And yesterday he extended his personal record of FT's without a miss in a single game to 17. He was 15-15 against Seattle back in 2005 (part of the streak in which he made 60 in a row).

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." (Albert Einstein)

Last edited by Sportstudi; 04-10-2010 at 08:26 AM.
Sportstudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 08:06 AM   #51
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Very, very hard for me to fathom Roddy not getting some burn during this game. Marion was out and JJB was awful. How you don't find a few minutes to see what Roddy was give you is beyond me.

Ultimately it didn't matter because we won, but keeping Roddy nailed to the bench when you're short handed and struggling offensively is completely nonsensical.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com

Last edited by jthig32; 04-10-2010 at 08:07 AM.
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 08:46 AM   #52
iggymcfly

iggymcfly is just really niceiggymcfly is just really niceiggymcfly is just really niceiggymcfly is just really niceiggymcfly is just really niceiggymcfly is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
Very, very hard for me to fathom Roddy not getting some burn during this game. Marion was out and JJB was awful. How you don't find a few minutes to see what Roddy was give you is beyond me.

Ultimately it didn't matter because we won, but keeping Roddy nailed to the bench when you're short handed and struggling offensively is completely nonsensical.
Agreed. It seems like Carlisle's trying to make a point or something, but I have absolutely no idea what that point is. Beaubois has to move mountains to get into the rotation and then as soon as he plays bad for part of one game, he's moved right back to the bench. He's just being held to a ridiculous standard. The idea that Barea could be better even as a backup PG is pretty laughable, but when they had him playing in that 3 guard lineup with Kidd and Terry, I wanted to throw something at the TV. In what universe is Barea possibly a better choice as a 2-guard than Roddy? It's just insane. I actually registered at this forum just because I was so angry about the lack of PT he got tonight, and I was looking for another forum to vent on.

I mean, don't get me wrong, Dirk played like God, it was a great gritty win, and I'm glad they got it, but I don't have much hope for a deep playoff run if Barea and/or Stevenson are getting serious minutes. Hell, if they're getting any minutes.
iggymcfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 08:48 AM   #53
southwick

southwick has a spectacular aura aboutsouthwick has a spectacular aura about

Can someone explain the JJB/Kidd lineup to me because im mystified.

Why do you have your point/backup point on the floor at the same time, neither of which are the worlds greatest scorers?

Doesn't it make more sense to use JJB longer to give Kidd some rest, and if you want a 2 guard lineup use Roddy exclusively at the 2?
southwick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 09:19 AM   #54
She_Growls
Golden Member

She_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by southwick View Post
Can someone explain the JJB/Kidd lineup to me because im mystified.

Why do you have your point/backup point on the floor at the same time, neither of which are the worlds greatest scorers?

Doesn't it make more sense to use JJB longer to give Kidd some rest, and if you want a 2 guard lineup use Roddy exclusively at the 2?
Southwick, sorry I can't explain it; I'm ~~mystified~~ too. This makes me nervous going into the playoffs with this kind of lineup.

BUT perhaps some of the Mavs fans who supports RC's decisions can explain why JJB is obviously the better and more consistent player to have on the floor playing the 2 guard with Player/Coach JKidd. I think RC should send Roddy to the D-League now and not even suit him up for the playoffs. He's not contributing anyway, right?

I'm glad we won also, but sometimes it's HOW you WIN or LOSE....

BTW, good post!

Last edited by She_Growls; 04-10-2010 at 09:41 AM.
She_Growls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 09:25 AM   #55
She_Growls
Golden Member

She_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by iggymcfly View Post
Agreed. It seems like Carlisle's trying to make a point or something, but I have absolutely no idea what that point is. Beaubois has to move mountains to get into the rotation and then as soon as he plays bad for part of one game, he's moved right back to the bench. He's just being held to a ridiculous standard. The idea that Barea could be better even as a backup PG is pretty laughable, but when they had him playing in that 3 guard lineup with Kidd and Terry, I wanted to throw something at the TV. In what universe is Barea possibly a better choice as a 2-guard than Roddy? It's just insane. I actually registered at this forum just because I was so angry about the lack of PT he got tonight, and I was looking for another forum to vent on.

I mean, don't get me wrong, Dirk played like God, it was a great gritty win, and I'm glad they got it, but I don't have much hope for a deep playoff run if Barea and/or Stevenson are getting serious minutes. Hell, if they're getting any minutes.
Welcome aboard Iggymcfly! I agree with you 100%...I'm exhausted and frustrated trying to understand Coach's decisions too, so I surfed some old posts from the Detroit Pistons fans in 2003 and this is what I found. Maybe this can explain Rick Carlisle and his philosophy.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...tons-fans.html

Last edited by She_Growls; 04-10-2010 at 09:27 AM.
Old 04-10-2010, 09:48 AM   #56
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

enough whining about Roddy..
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 09:56 AM   #57
She_Growls
Golden Member

Whine all you want Mavs Fans ---you have to ignore some Mavs fans. They mean well though....some people want to police the thread.
Old 04-10-2010, 10:29 AM   #58
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3 View Post
enough whining about Roddy..
Hey I'm right there with you for the majority of the season. And if Marion's healthy I don't have a huge issue with Roddy not playing. And I'm a big time Carlisle supporter.

But playing JJB at SG instead of Roddy is stupid. Flat out indefensible.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
Old 04-10-2010, 10:38 AM   #59
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't find it that hard to defend.
Old 04-10-2010, 11:05 AM   #60
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

I agree that Roddy should get 2 guard minutes over Barea.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 11:14 AM   #61
aurelino9

aurelino9 is a name known to allaurelino9 is a name known to allaurelino9 is a name known to allaurelino9 is a name known to allaurelino9 is a name known to allaurelino9 is a name known to allaurelino9 is a name known to allaurelino9 is a name known to allaurelino9 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcat075 View Post
I don't like the idea of resting before the playoffs, but when you have the oldest team in the NBA, I understand it may be necessary. Not Dirk, I guess, but Kidd needs to get one of these next to games off. He's 37, and he was terrible tonight.
It is a good idea to rest Kidd but he wasn't terrible last night, his shooting was.
aurelino9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 11:34 AM   #62
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by aurelino9 View Post
It is a good idea to rest Kidd but he wasn't terrible last night, his shooting was.
A 3:2 assist to turnover ratio isn't very good. Add in a 12.5% shooting percentage for a grand total of 2 points, and no, he wasn't that great. 12 boards is nice, 3 steals is nice, but three pointers and dimes are a crucial part of his game and he wasn't very good in that category. Anyway, the biggest stat that says he should get the night off is the 41 minutes played. At 37, playing 41 minutes of a tough, gritty, hard-nosed defense game, then follow it up with another game the very next night against a younger, athletic team where Kidd would have to guard a very good rookie point guard?

It all adds up for this being a perfect night to give Kidd off.
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 11:54 AM   #63
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Ok Murph.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 04-10-2010, 12:24 PM   #64
particleman

particleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud of

Quote:
Then f-ing do it! People here are requesting that someone defend it. I really didn't even notice as much "whining" as I did general puzzlement as to why Roddy isn't getting any burn at the 2 guard. Stop being a douche and either participate in the discussion or shut up.

Last edited by particleman; 04-10-2010 at 12:30 PM.
particleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 12:54 PM   #65
ribosoma
Golden Member

ribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by particleman View Post
Then f-ing do it! People here are requesting that someone defend it. I really didn't even notice as much "whining" as I did general puzzlement as to why Roddy isn't getting any burn at the 2 guard. Stop being a douche and either participate in the discussion or shut up.
I think he defends it here. Or maybe not.
ribosoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 01:03 PM   #66
She_Growls
Golden Member

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by ribosoma View Post
I think he defends it here. Or maybe not.
You are soooo wrong Ribosoma; you made me cough up my wine....woohooooooooo, hahahahhahahaha-----thanks for the belly laugh...hehehehehe.

Life is so wonderful when you can laugh....

Last edited by She_Growls; 04-10-2010 at 01:03 PM.
Old 04-10-2010, 01:14 PM   #67
badfish22
Golden Member

badfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant future

The play of the game for me was Butlers fade away with three minutes left. We just gave him the ball and said "here make something happen." It was really a "robin" play, and it will be huge for us if we can rely on him in the crunch time for big buckets like that.

BEAT LA
badfish22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 01:48 PM   #68
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by badfish22 View Post
The play of the game for me was Butlers fade away with three minutes left. We just gave him the ball and said "here make something happen." It was really a "robin" play, and it will be huge for us if we can rely on him in the crunch time for big buckets like that.
Mine too, right in Roy's face. Roy couldn't have defended that any better, either. Then Dirk hit that three not long after...mmmm.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 06:15 PM   #69
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Hey I'm right there with you for the majority of the season. And if Marion's healthy I don't have a huge issue with Roddy not playing. And I'm a big time Carlisle supporter.

But playing JJB at SG instead of Roddy is stupid. Flat out indefensible.
It's Carlisle's MO...I mentioned it several weeks ago he was interviewed on ESPN and he values experience at a premium rate. So for now, if it's a discussion of those two guys, 9 times out of 10, he'll pick JJ.

I almost felt like Roddy was a fit to start the past two games since Marion was hurt but Stevenson got the burn. He did pretty good with his defense in the first game so he got the 2nd chance and he did well again.
Old 04-10-2010, 06:24 PM   #70
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

I missed this game, I hate my life.

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 06:49 PM   #71
Murphy3
Guru

Then do it?.. Trust. Barea had played some solid ball as of late. The Mavs were playing solid defense in the game. Carlisle didn't want to risk ruining a combination that was at least working well enough on one side of the court.

So, why's it difficult to understand that? I'm not saying that he definitively made the correct decision at all..
Old 04-10-2010, 08:12 PM   #72
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Ok Murph.
I wish that you should tell me what I should think. That would be nice.

Just a tip for those who are just hanging out and seeing what's what...I bet Roddy goes off tonight.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 08:37 PM   #73
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

[quote=quietsavant;1088230[/quote]

Sit down huh? Looks more like get on d'ese ****.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 05:37 AM   #74
Budapest Maverick
Platinum Member

Budapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant future

By the way.
Budapest Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 08:02 AM   #75
Murphy3
Guru

Trust, me, I WANT Roddy to get more PT. But I don't find it difficult to follow RC's logic. Just because I disagree does not mean that I do not believe his thoughts have at least a decent amount of logic. That is all.

Tags
dirk pwns ur face 4ever!!