Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 02-07-2009, 11:45 PM   #321
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Carlisle on Jet, "He's out for a while."

Oh well...not the most informative news, but it's an update.
Old 02-07-2009, 11:46 PM   #322
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
Carlisle on Jet, "He's out for a while."

Oh well...not the most informative news, but it's an update.
pick up JJB in fantasy! =p

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 11:48 PM   #323
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayliss View Post
I agree BG about "laying off Dirk." But Dirk has also not be a b*tch. Against Utah he was a b*tch. He laid down. Utah wasn't doubling. He let them take him out of his game.

It isn't always how well you play per se, but he has to show the fire and hustle. He had fire tonight. I realize making shots helps with thaat fire.. but use the booing from Utah as your "fire" and motivation. Think you are going to beat them like the red headed child they are....
That's why I said you've gotta take the bad with the good, and the fact he's human. This guy isn't perfect, but he's pretty damn good. He's grown a ton in the past 10 years. He was lost on the court and he got better. He struggled against the Bruce Bowen's of the world and he's adapted, he hasn't mastered it, but he's gotten a lot better. This might be the next step in the maturation of our stud. I'm sure he knows it, it's not going to be a quick fix though.
Old 02-07-2009, 11:49 PM   #324
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Now that you said it he does remind of

Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 11:50 PM   #325
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby View Post
Haha, with your frequency of moves...I'm sure it's gonna happen tonight!

G-$ lovers will be happy to hear Carlisle DID mention him as players who could help step up in Jet's absence. It sounds like JJ will continue to be the first person to audition though.
Old 02-07-2009, 11:52 PM   #326
ghazi
Platinum Member

ghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud of

Ugh if our JET is out
ghazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 11:55 PM   #327
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

THAT is how you bounce back from adversity.

what a game
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 12:03 AM   #328
Thomas86
Golden Member

Thomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to all

The return of Jerry Stackhouse.....
Thomas86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 12:34 AM   #329
nikeball
Platinum Member

nikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas86 View Post
The return of Jerry Stackhouse.....
die
Old 02-08-2009, 12:38 AM   #330
Thomas86
Golden Member

Thomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikeball View Post
die
come on now...if Terry is gonna be out for some time then don't be surprised if you see Stack in the game.
Thomas86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 12:39 AM   #331
nikeball
Platinum Member

nikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas86 View Post
come on now...if Terry is gonna be out for some time then don't be surprised if you see Stack in the game.
still not funny
Old 02-08-2009, 12:41 AM   #332
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Woo Hoo...now that was one fun motha' to watch. When we were down 5 I thought it was church.

This game shows why Josh is a guy who sorta has empty stats. At the end of the game...he's just not a part of it. He doesn't get touches...they can't trust him to get the ball and make the correct decision with it. He's a spectator. If he could shut someone down defensively then you could live with it, but he just cannot be counted on during winnin time.

I don't know who in the nba we could get to solve that problem...but it seems to continue to be one of the biggest problems with this team. During winnin time..we only have two scorers out there.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 01:03 AM   #333
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Dirk said suck this.

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 01:06 AM   #334
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Are the Mavs going to fall further behind in the West race?
Quote:
The Mavs once again f*ck themselves. This is why the 30+ games won't matter.
Quote:
Well it looks like the loss to Utah wasn't the opportunity game that it could have been.
Quote:
The Mavs are just the ultimate tease. Other than the Houston Rockets, is there another basketball team that just f*cks themselves more often?
Take it easy, Champ. Why don't you sit this next one out?

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 01:08 AM   #335
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanDunk View Post
Big Poppa !!!!!!!!!!!
Rep for this. I already knew you were cool, but the fact that you refer to Damp as Big Poppa just confirms it.

*edit* Can't rep you because I've done so recently. I'll owe you one.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls

Last edited by LonghornDub; 02-08-2009 at 01:09 AM.
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 01:12 AM   #336
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ty View Post

Dirk said suck this.
That's the dagger shot I remember!
Old 02-08-2009, 02:06 AM   #337
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

lol nice one L-Dub

Contact Me
Old 02-08-2009, 04:26 AM   #338
alby
Guru

This is what Dirk did to the Bulls

Contact Me
Old 02-08-2009, 05:09 AM   #339
dujon

dujon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby View Post
This is what Dirk did to the Bulls

he's smelling his armpit lol

Last edited by dujon; 02-08-2009 at 05:09 AM.
dujon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 05:47 AM   #340
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

is that adam morrison's brother? j/k
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 06:28 AM   #341
xavier

xavier is a jewel in the roughxavier is a jewel in the roughxavier is a jewel in the rough

Terry is out for atleast one month. So now what??
xavier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 07:22 AM   #342
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

LonghornDub, it was a great win. They let it slip away and somehow grabbed it back. But let's also not downplay that the Mavs struggled against a sub 500 team at home and it took 44 points and OT for them to win and keep pace with the rest of the West.

And now with Terry being out a month, those 30 games just got a lot tougher... making the Utah game a lot more importan than we thought. Other teams (Spurs) might survive with losing their second best player. The Mavs can't survive with Terry out. They just don't have enough weapons or the gritty defense to do it.
Old 02-08-2009, 10:41 AM   #343
alby
Guru

The Utah game was important, but also the Houston game back in October.

Contact Me
Old 02-08-2009, 12:31 PM   #344
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
LonghornDub, it was a great win. They let it slip away and somehow grabbed it back. But let's also not downplay that the Mavs struggled against a sub 500 team at home and it took 44 points and OT for them to win and keep pace with the rest of the West.

And now with Terry being out a month, those 30 games just got a lot tougher... making the Utah game a lot more importan than we thought. Other teams (Spurs) might survive with losing their second best player. The Mavs can't survive with Terry out. They just don't have enough weapons or the gritty defense to do it.
This almost seems like a bit you're doing now. You kept going at it over the course of the game, and you're still doing it now. I thought they were meaningless games? I told you stuff is going to happen to make things interesting for everyone.

The fact that they might not survive isn't because they don't take advantage of the situation. It's simply because they don't have the weapons to stay afloat. This was a game they could've easily lost, but they bounced back...I'll take it.

They struggled for multiple reasons: Dirk was struggling early, Josh got in foul trouble and Jet got hurt. It's not like you can account for those things in your pregame strategy. They had to be adjusted on the fly and they were able to do so.
Old 02-08-2009, 12:41 PM   #345
Bayliss

Quote:
This almost seems like a bit you're doing now. You kept going at it over the course of the game, and you're still doing it now. I thought they were meaningless games? I told you stuff is going to happen to make things interesting for everyone.

The fact that they might not survive isn't because they don't take advantage of the situation. It's simply because they don't have the weapons to stay afloat. This was a game they could've easily lost, but they bounced back...I'll take it.

They struggled for multiple reasons: Dirk was struggling early, Josh got in foul trouble and Jet got hurt. It's not like you can account for those things in your pregame strategy. They had to be adjusted on the fly and they were able to do so.
But the whole point of the talking about the Utah game is for the reason last night. Had the Mavs taken advantage of that game in Utah, they would be sitting in 4th place right now. Sure Terry is hurt and they would probably drop out of 4th. Now they are 7th and Terry is hurt and they will drop, perhaps even out of the race for 4th (like Utah and Phx). And was it only 1 game? Absolutely. But the 1 game had wide implications in the standings.

Not all 82 games are equal in the standings, because there are not the chances to leapfrog teams. So now that Terry is out, the Mavs have to look in the rearview mirror not to see if they'll get homecourt, but to see if they are going to to make the playoffs. And yeah 1 game is that difference in the West, and even at this early stage.
Old 02-08-2009, 12:49 PM   #346
BGMaverick9
Guru

If they won in Utah and Jet got hurt they were going to drop out of 4th...what's the point? They would've had an uphill climb to mount without Jet, just like they do now. What you said at the very end makes our points clearly that the 30 games mean a lot.

Again...I'm going to agree to disagree with you.

Last edited by BGMaverick9; 02-08-2009 at 12:49 PM.
BGMaverick9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 10:39 AM   #347
TheMaverick
Golden Member

TheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to behold

Um, Bayliss... it looks like Dallas might be on their way to 4th.

The Legendary Mavericks:
- Mark Aguirre
- Rolando Blackman
- Tom Cruise
- Jason Kidd
- Mel Gibson
- Michael Finley
- Dirk Nowitzki
- Jason Kidd (again)
- who's next?
TheMaverick is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
alby=rep, dirk = clutch...again, dirk = the awesomeness, dirk pwns ur face 4ever!!, dirk=clutch, it didn't start well, it ended well though, terry injury