Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 03-21-2009, 01:04 PM   #41
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
Actually its less points since Hollins should score more than Damp if he is able to stay more than 1min per foul on the court

I said it few games ago, this Hollins has a good chance to become a mini-Chandler next saison with Kidd if he get some more pounds and works a lot on his not-fouling.
There was one foul on hollins that just got my goat with the nba. He was guarding the center (big dude), the guy bumps into hollins literally LIFTING HIM UP and moving him 2 feet closer to the rim. Then he goes up and again leans into hollins...hollins getting the foul.

It is unfathomable to me how nba refs can see a 240lb guy LIFTED UP and moved 2 feet and not call an offensive foul. It makes a complete joke of post play.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-21-2009, 03:23 PM   #42
badfish22
Golden Member

badfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by ty View Post
looks familar......................

badfish22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 03:28 PM   #43
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghazi View Post
Nothing much to see here really, we went out there and took care of business against a team we were supposed to take care of business against.
sigh
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 03:31 PM   #44
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

Sportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-ofan View Post
just a heads up, dirk is about to pass iverson for 2nd most total points in the 00s. If he can put up 1500 next year he should have the 5th most by an player in a single decade since the 70s. Only KAJ in the 70s, english in the 80s, malone in the 90s, and kobe in the 00s would have had more in a single decade since the 70s. Actually wilt and oscar of the 60s are really the only other players who are completely out of reach. So enjoy mavs fans. Youve seen one of the best/most consistent scoring decades from a single player in nba history.
That's really nice. Do have any stats, any link for that or did you count it by yourself?

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." (Albert Einstein)
Sportstudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 03:31 PM   #45
mavsman

mavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
just a heads up, dirk is about to pass iverson for 2nd most total points in the 00s. If he can put up 1500 next year he should have the 5th most by an player in a single decade since the 70s. Only KAJ in the 70s, english in the 80s, malone in the 90s, and kobe in the 00s would have had more in a single decade since the 70s. Actually wilt and oscar of the 60s are really the only other players who are completely out of reach. So enjoy mavs fans. Youve seen one of the best/most consistent scoring decades from a single player in nba history.
It never occurred to me before, but Dirk is in fact the only player ever to have more than 18.000 points, 7.000 rebounds, 1,000 3PM and 800 blocks.
mavsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 03:44 PM   #46
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

nothing to see here, really.
beloved mavs
team we were suppose to beat
didn't actually watch the game but it doesn't matter cause i'll just cut and paste my template

ddh, where art thou?
Old 03-21-2009, 04:00 PM   #47
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

Sportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one View Post
nothing to see here, really.
beloved mavs
team we were suppose to beat
didn't actually watch the game but it doesn't matter cause i'll just cut and paste my template

ddh, where art thou?
We miss you!

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." (Albert Einstein)
Old 03-21-2009, 05:33 PM   #48
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 06:10 PM   #49
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportstudi View Post
That's really nice. Do have any stats, any link for that or did you count it by yourself?
did an ultimate stat search on basketballreference.com http://www.basketballreference.com/l...asonsearch.htm with 2000-2001 season through 2007-2008 season. Then added dirks points this year to his total and iversons points to his(i just estimated, im lazy) dirk is around 300 points behind and should easily pass AI next year. Then i repeated the search from 1990-1991 through 1999-2000 and 80-81 through 89-90 and so on and so forth. Itll be tough for dirk to catch several of the people in the 60s even not counting wilt or oscar but if he doesnt get hurt he should have the 5th highest scoring decade since then. Just thought it was interesting.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 06:58 PM   #50
fluid.forty.one

I really hope Dirk doesn't decide to retire early or go back to Germany. I want to keep watching him climb the charts.
Old 03-21-2009, 07:16 PM   #51
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one View Post
I really hope Dirk doesn't decide to retire early or go back to Germany. I want to keep watching him climb the charts.
if he feels like it he should set the career gps and minutes played records. Honestly he should be able to be a useable player if not still a superstar till hes about 40. He'll always be tall and he'll always be a great shooter.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 08:22 PM   #52
fluid.forty.one

That's what I always hoped until he started mentioning the possibities of retiring and/or going back to play in Germany.

Once he leaves his prime, he could easily be a Reggie Miller or Steve Kerr until 40. At 7 feet, it would be so easy for him to just stand on perimeter and launch 3s. I just don't think he will stay that long.
Old 03-21-2009, 08:23 PM   #53
fluid.forty.one

also, Kobe and LeBron both entered young too and should be effective for a long time. A lot of those records will come down to missed games because of injuries and how long they stay in the league.
Old 03-21-2009, 08:45 PM   #54
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by badfish22 View Post
looks familar......................

Nah, Jordan didn't have a hand over his eyes.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 08:49 PM   #55
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I knew he was up there but I didn't know he was that close to leapfrogging someone...

And still, people continue to downplay him and the performances he has had over the years, give me a f'n break.
Old 03-22-2009, 01:22 AM   #56
bcrav4
Golden Member

bcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkadirkastan View Post
Nah, Jordan didn't have a hand over his eyes.

Jordan is also taking that shot kinda early with 6.6 seconds left. Dirk's was at like 1 second.
"They better not put me in the All-Star Game. I won't shoot, but I'll dominate that easy game. I'll be playing hard defense. I'll be foulin'. I'll be flagrant fouling. Everyone will be like, 'What are you doing?'" -- Ron Artest.
bcrav4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 11:57 AM   #57
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

Interesting point by Rob Mahoney on Green:

http://www.thetwomangame.com/2009/03...ana-pacers-92/
Quote:
Gerald Green made an appearance early in the 2nd quarter, and immediately hit a baseline jumper and converted an alley-oop layup. But it wasn’t all quite that easy, and it never really is with Green; he missed his next three attempts and still looks homeless at times in the Mavs’ sets going both ways. Though, in his defense, the lineup he was put on the floor with (Kidd, Barea, Bass, and Singleton) is hardly the Mavs’ most potent offensively, and everyone seemed to be looking to get the ball to Green. I wasn’t displeased with his shot selection, but the results were less than spectacular.
I would definantly agree that, unlike Green's last appearence (no touches in 4 minutes) this time people made a conscious effort to get Gerald the ball.
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 03:18 PM   #58
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

For those looking for the Pacers audio of Dirk's shot:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MA9mUHNsVA

When Ford makes the shot, they're like, "Oh YES!". Then a few seconds later..."No...NO!" Gotta love it.
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 04:31 PM   #59
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

Quote:
did an ultimate stat search on basketballreference.com http://www.basketballreference.com/l...asonsearch.htm with 2000-2001 season through 2007-2008 season. Then added dirks points this year to his total and iversons points to his(i just estimated, im lazy) dirk is around 300 points behind and should easily pass AI next year. Then i repeated the search from 1990-1991 through 1999-2000 and 80-81 through 89-90 and so on and so forth. Itll be tough for dirk to catch several of the people in the 60s even not counting wilt or oscar but if he doesnt get hurt he should have the 5th highest scoring decade since then. Just thought it was interesting.
Would be interesting to do that again in 2010 after a full decade of Dirk playing in the NBA. I'm already quite curious how Dirk's total score will be from 2000-01 until 2009-10.

Old 03-22-2009, 08:36 PM   #60
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcat075 View Post
For those looking for the Pacers audio of Dirk's shot:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MA9mUHNsVA

When Ford makes the shot, they're like, "Oh YES!". Then a few seconds later..."No...NO!" Gotta love it.
NO, NO.

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dirk = clutch...again, dirk pwns ur face 4ever!!