Dallas-Mavs.com Forums
Old 07-27-2014, 01:26 PM   #4001
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedlesKane View Post
Dirk has 26,786 points during his career, 160 points behind Hakeem Olajowon. I am hoping that the Mavs will play Houston as he moves up right past him. That'd be really special. I love how this season Dirk is in a good position to move up to 7th all-time.

Let's say Dirk starts playing 30 mpg and averages 20 ppg, playing 80 games in the season. That'd be a 1,600 point season. I think that many points from him is still realistic. Last year he had 1,735. This would put him into a position to pass Shaq fairly early on into the next season and the 6th spot all-time.

The top 5 is harder to crack though. I think it'll take an incredible finish to his career with him averaging 20 ppg for most of the way with no injuries to pass the great Wilt Chamberlain. I also just noticed that when Kobe passes MJ for 3rd all-time that we will have 3 K's as the all time leading scorers. That's strange. Kareem, Karl, and Kobe.
Would love to see him crack top 5, even if just for a little while. Lebron/Durant will be working their way up for awhile.
Old 07-27-2014, 02:09 PM   #4002
NeedlesKane
Platinum Member

NeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant future

This season LeBron has potential to break the top 15 if he averages 30 ppg again and plays a full season. What sucks is that I have a feeling that the season after Dirk retires LBJ passes him. So Dirk won't enjoy the top 5 for long at all. LBJ could have an injury, or father time may catch him sooner than I expect it to... I will keep my fingers crossed that Dirk enjoys it for more than 1 season.
Old 07-27-2014, 02:12 PM   #4003
NeedlesKane
Platinum Member

NeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by j0Shi View Post
I am curious. Who does Chandler Parsons report to with Dirk paying his salary?
Old 07-28-2014, 03:09 AM   #4004
GermanStandard

GermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
This season LeBron has potential to break the top 15 if he averages 30 ppg again and plays a full season. What sucks is that I have a feeling that the season after Dirk retires LBJ passes him. So Dirk won't enjoy the top 5 for long at all. LBJ could have an injury, or father time may catch him sooner than I expect it to... I will keep my fingers crossed that Dirk enjoys it for more than 1 season.

Lebron never missed more than 1-2 games a season because of injuries. Of course it can happen but he isnt exactly injury prone.

He already has 3 sons so father time isnt really a problem for him.

I dont think Dirk will crack the Top5. Top6 is possible.

If he plays a 19-20 PPG season he will crack the Top7 most likely and catch Shaq next year.

He wont stay in the top 5 for long anyway. Lebron and Durant will both make the Top5 at the End of their Careers and Anthony has a shot aswell if he keeps being the only guy in NY.

-------------------------------------------------

Baller from the G'
GermanStandard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 08:16 AM   #4005
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanStandard View Post
Lebron never missed more than 1-2 games a season because of injuries. Of course it can happen but he isnt exactly injury prone.

He already has 3 sons so father time isnt really a problem for him.

I dont think Dirk will crack the Top5. Top6 is possible.

If he plays a 19-20 PPG season he will crack the Top7 most likely and catch Shaq next year.

He wont stay in the top 5 for long anyway. Lebron and Durant will both make the Top5 at the End of their Careers and Anthony has a shot aswell if he keeps being the only guy in NY.
Lebron doesn't deserve to be in this thread.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 08:10 AM   #4006
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

He's still great.. An article using the dirkster to explain shot selection analytics. He's such a freak.

http://nyloncalculus.com/2014/07/28/...ction-matters/
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 07-29-2014, 08:10 AM   #4007
dude1394
Guru

He's still great.. An article using the dirkster to explain shot selection analytics. He's such a freak.

Old 07-29-2014, 11:12 AM   #4008
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post

Two great articles. Thanks for sharing.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 02:38 PM   #4009
bigcat

bigcat is a name known to allbigcat is a name known to allbigcat is a name known to allbigcat is a name known to allbigcat is a name known to allbigcat is a name known to allbigcat is a name known to allbigcat is a name known to allbigcat is a name known to all

https://twitter.com/_NBA_UPDATES/sta...836163/photo/1
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BtuPbU2CYAAtRgC.jpg (35.1 KB, 7 views)
bigcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 03:36 PM   #4010
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigcat View Post
Yee haw big cat... That is some kicking arse by the dirkster!!

Last edited by dude1394; 07-29-2014 at 03:50 PM.
Old 07-29-2014, 03:51 PM   #4011
dude1394
Guru

Looks like a new dirkster documentary is coming out.

I think I'm going to like this a lot, it seems to be exploring dirk/holger more than the normal BBall stuff. Also they mention 3 people??. Dirk, holger, ??

http://www.german-films.de/filmarchi...owitzki-story/

"According to the producers, “this is a biopic about friendship and dreams coming true against all odds. A road movie that takes us through the world of professional US sports and the magic of basketball. A story about the unique relationship between three very different personalities, their captivating story of success and what it really takes to fulfill your dreams.”
Old 07-29-2014, 04:40 PM   #4012
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I think I'm going to like this a lot, it seems to be exploring dirk/holger more than the normal BBall stuff. Also they mention 3 people??. Dirk, holger, ??
My guess is Mark Cuban...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 08:18 AM   #4013
LSMF
Diamond Member

LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute

Shout-out to all the people that used to confidently say that Dirk was a choker, soft and would never win a championship. I hope they all feel like morons at this point. I've always taken the image of Dirk hoisting the Larry O'Brien trophy as a gigantic F U to all of his haters and critics.

LSMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 10:00 AM   #4014
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSMF View Post
Shout-out to all the people that used to confidently say that Dirk was a choker, soft and would never win a championship. I hope they all feel like morons at this point. I've always taken the image of Dirk hoisting the Larry O'Brien trophy as a gigantic F U to all of his haters and critics.

^^ That's just awesome. Do you know when that graphic was made though? I have a feeling that those numbers would look a little different now.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 10:10 AM   #4015
LSMF
Diamond Member

LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
^^ That's just awesome. Do you know when that graphic was made though? I have a feeling that those numbers would look a little different now.
I'm honestly not sure, Spiral. I got the image from db.com but I can't seem to remember the exact name of the thread title. If I can find it I'll post the link later on.
Old 07-30-2014, 10:14 AM   #4016
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
It's been circulating around Twitter for the last few days, so I'm pretty sure it was made recently.

Old 07-30-2014, 02:35 PM   #4017
ribosoma
Golden Member

ribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigcat View Post
Those numbers are just ridiculous. Good grief.
ribosoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 09:59 PM   #4018
NeedlesKane
Platinum Member

I wonder what the numbers will look like over the next 10 years for Chandler Parsons. I hope he becomes a superstar here in Dallas and stays. Unfortunately, his career will always be tainted by the fact that it started in Houston.
Old 07-31-2014, 01:25 AM   #4019
dude1394
Guru

I like chandler but tbh I don't see superstar when I watch him play. Hopefully I'm wrong.
Old 07-31-2014, 10:06 AM   #4020
NeedlesKane
Platinum Member

Quote:
I like chandler but tbh I don't see superstar when I watch him play. Hopefully I'm wrong.
Think back to Dirk's first few seasons. Did you really think he was a superstar? I liked him, but I was really more of a Finley and Nash fan at the time. Dirk was one of the two tall white guys on the team, but he was the one I easily preferred among the two.

In Dirk's rookie season Shawn Bradley actually scored more points per game than he did, but that's simply because Dirk played fewer minutes. In his second season he was already a regular starter, and his numbers much resembled Chandler Parsons'. Dirk's were better though, and by his 3rd season he put up All-Star numbers.

Chandler Parsons has some improving to do, but it's possible here in Dallas. Let's show some love!
Old 07-31-2014, 10:10 AM   #4021
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Think back to Dirk's first few seasons. Did you really think he was a superstar? I liked him, but I was really more of a Finley and Nash fan at the time. Dirk was one of the two tall white guys on the team, but he was the one I easily preferred among the two.

In Dirk's rookie season Shawn Bradley actually scored more points per game than he did, but that's simply because Dirk played fewer minutes. In his second season he was already a regular starter, and his numbers much resembled Chandler Parsons'. Dirk's were better though, and by his 3rd season he put up All-Star numbers.

Chandler Parsons has some improving to do, but it's possible here in Dallas. Let's show some love!
Dirk was a superstar by year three.

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 10:18 AM   #4022
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

I need people to stop comparing Parsons to Dirk, and to stop very quickly.

Dirk was 22 in his third season and was already clearly a star.

Parsons is 25, and will be 26 before this coming season.

It's incredibly unlikely that Parsons will ever be a superstar or a franchise player. Hell if he becomes a multi-year all-star that's a huge win, and not guaranteed by any stretch.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com

Last edited by jthig32; 07-31-2014 at 10:21 AM.
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 10:27 AM   #4023
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
I need people to stop comparing Parsons to Dirk, and to stop very quickly.

Dirk was 22 in his third season and was already clearly a star.

Parsons is 25, and will be 26 before this coming season.

It's incredibly unlikely that Parsons will ever be a superstar or a franchise player. Hell if he becomes a multi-year all-star that's a huge win, and not guaranteed by any stretch.
Well said. Parsons isn't in the same universe as the dirkster at the moment.
Old 07-31-2014, 10:38 AM   #4024
Underdog

Well, Parsons also had McHale working against him in his development, whereas Dirk grew under Nellie.

Although I see no reason why anyone would think Parsons could have the same career as Dirk - dude is a HoFer and in the conversation for top-20 players of All-Time... Honestly, if Parsons ends up being as good as prime Josh Howard I'll consider it a win.

Old 07-31-2014, 10:45 AM   #4025
LSMF
Diamond Member

I think Parsons needs to add one more element to his game to reach another level. Since he's 6'10, I would say post game. He can handle the ball, he can shoot, he can drive and he can pass. If he could add a few consistent post-moves to his game he'd be at 20+ ppg right there.

Edit: I'm going to take my comments over to the "Mavs get Parsons!!!" thread in order to not derail this thread dedicated to the Dirkster.

Last edited by LSMF; 07-31-2014 at 11:00 AM.
LSMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 03:41 PM   #4026
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Well, Parsons also had McHale working against him in his development, whereas Dirk grew under Nellie.

Although I see no reason why anyone would think Parsons could have the same career as Dirk - dude is a HoFer and in the conversation for top-20 players of All-Time... Honestly, if Parsons ends up being as good as prime Josh Howard I'll consider it a win.
I think referring to Dirk as "in the conversation for top-20 players of All-Time" is a slap in the face to Dirk.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 03:55 PM   #4027
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Dirk was a superstar by year three.
2003 is the year that stood out to me as Dirk coming into his own as a legitimate MVP-level franchise player. Year 5. But honestly I'd say he was a "star" in his second year.
Old 07-31-2014, 04:38 PM   #4028
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3 View Post
I think referring to Dirk as "in the conversation for top-20 players of All-Time" is a slap in the face to Dirk.
I agree... I could make an argument for top-10 myself, but the general consensus around the internet seems to be that he's in the 15-25 range. Rick Carlisle thinks he's a top-12 player, for what it's worth.

I'm sure his legacy will strengthen in the minds of non-Mavs fans once he moves up from #10 to #6 on the All-Time Scoring list.

Last edited by Underdog; 07-31-2014 at 04:42 PM.
Old 07-31-2014, 04:51 PM   #4029
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Quote:
I agree... I could make an argument for top-10 myself, but the general consensus around the internet seems to be that he's in the 15-25 range. Rick Carlisle thinks he's a top-12 player, for what it's worth.

I'm sure his legacy will strengthen in the minds of non-Mavs fans once he moves up from #10 to #6 on the All-Time Scoring list.
Does Dirk really get that much credit outside of Dallas? I don't really know. I feel like people still scoff at the notion of him being top 20. I know Bill Simmons was the first major sportswriter to call him top 20, and he took a bit flak for it.
Old 07-31-2014, 06:12 PM   #4030
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I think dirk is top 20 all time(and actually a little higher) but I wouldn't say it's a slap in the face. In no order Jordan, Kareem, wilt, shaq, Russell, magic, bird, Lebron, Duncan, Moses, Kobe, Garnett, dr j, Barkley, Malone, dream, west, Oscar, Robinson, Havlicek are all at least close even though I'd personally take dirk over some of those guys, none of them are an affront to him
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 06:28 PM   #4031
dude1394
Guru

At the end of the day he will easily be top ten. But there are so e really good players.
Old 07-31-2014, 06:28 PM   #4032
dude1394
Guru

At the end of the day he will easily be top ten. But there are so e really good players.
Old 07-31-2014, 06:38 PM   #4033
NeedlesKane
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-ofan View Post
I think dirk is top 20 all time(and actually a little higher) but I wouldn't say it's a slap in the face. In no order Jordan, Kareem, wilt, shaq, Russell, magic, bird, Lebron, Duncan, Moses, Kobe, Garnett, dr j, Barkley, Malone, dream, west, Oscar, Robinson, Havlicek are all at least close even though I'd personally take dirk over some of those guys, none of them are an affront to him
Challenge ACCEPTED! hahaha... I will find out who the greatest players of all-time are and where Dirk stands. This, unfortunately, will ignore championships. Sorry Bill.

For starters, Dirk's career player efficiency, as previously used on NBA.com (NOT PER), is a 23.74. I will include asterisks for active players since their efficiency will likely drop before they retire. Michael Jordan has a 29.19.

Last edited by NeedlesKane; 07-31-2014 at 06:52 PM.
NeedlesKane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 06:46 PM   #4034
DGM
Banned

DGM is just really niceDGM is just really niceDGM is just really niceDGM is just really niceDGM is just really niceDGM is just really nice

Quote:
When you get to the top 20 all players are sensational. Dirk is an "all time great and a first ballot hall of fame player" (though I will admit as a Mavs fan top 10 is appropriate). They should go ahead and install his statue in front of the arena now.
DGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 07:35 PM   #4035
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Does Dirk really get that much credit outside of Dallas? I don't really know. I feel like people still scoff at the notion of him being top 20. I know Bill Simmons was the first major sportswriter to call him top 20, and he took a bit flak for it.
Not after the championship. Many were putting him in top 12-15..
Old 07-31-2014, 07:38 PM   #4036
Murphy3
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-ofan View Post
There's a difference between "top 20 all time" and "in the conversation for top-20".
Old 07-31-2014, 07:42 PM   #4037
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
It's been circulating around Twitter for the last few days, so I'm pretty sure it was made recently.
Actually, that's not the case. One of the MOR writers (Bobby Karalla) had it during the regular season.
Old 07-31-2014, 07:54 PM   #4038
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
Actually, that's not the case. One of the MOR writers (Bobby Karalla) had it during the regular season.
Have any of the numbers changed since the graphic was created?

Old 07-31-2014, 08:00 PM   #4039
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Quote:
Not after the championship. Many were putting him in top 12-15..
That's what I mean though. It was immediately after the championship that Simmons said he was top 20 all-time, and he caught a bit of flak for it. I think there's still a bunch hack sportswriters out there who have him behind guys from way back when like Bob Cousy, Bob Pettit, or Rick Barry or whoever.
Old 07-31-2014, 08:10 PM   #4040
dude1394
Guru

He'll just have to go win another freakin ring then!

Tags
<clutch tagging>, 12-15 for 48 points, 3/25m - wow!, clutch nowitzki, clutchwitzki, dir30k, dirk, dirk = clutch...again, dirk goes to 11, dirk is my religion, dirk pwns ur face 4ever!!, dirk tea baggzz nba!!!!!, gay for dirk!!!, his clutchness, his hairness ?, playoff clutch, santa dirk, sir ghost face drillah, top-10 all time scorer, top-6 all time scorer