Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 11-03-2009, 11:55 PM   #81
monty55555
Platinum Member

monty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike View Post
Someone else might do a better job of it...but off the top of my head Carlisle basically shrugged his shoulders the whole time...talked about needing this one, talked about wanting them to make some shots, said the crowd was as loud as its ever been, said Dirk's showing tonight was comparable to some of the great Bird games he witnessed.
Thank you! Appreciate it a lot.
Old 11-03-2009, 11:57 PM   #82
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

Sportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Dirk is redefining greatness.

Btw, why the hell would Carlisle play Matt Carroll over Roddy?
That's the question...

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." (Albert Einstein)
Sportstudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 12:00 AM   #83
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Carroll was in because Carlisle needed shooters on the floor...and, well, Carroll is a shooter. Not much more to it than that. It was a six-second shift.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 12:01 AM   #84
Thomas86
Golden Member

Thomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkadirkastan View Post
NBA.com still features the win of its precious Lakers on the main page instead.
The NBA/ESPN only cares about the Lakers, Cavs and Celtics.....Dirk could drop 50 points and it wouldn't even make the front page of NBA.com and ESPN....That's how it is.
Thomas86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 12:01 AM   #85
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

After my man crush and erection left for a wile:

Damp was today awesome again, he is playing a hell of a season and is the only constant beside Dirk until now.

Kidd had up and downs, he has terrible stupid turnovers this season. But tonight he shot great from outside and hit the big shot.

Jet still struggling a lot. Barea was Barea and Humphries showed his ugly side...
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 12:02 AM   #86
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Carroll is a shooter? Don't you have to actually made "shots" to be classified as a shooter?
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 12:04 AM   #87
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayliss View Post
Carroll is a shooter? Don't you have to actually made "shots" to be classified as a shooter?
yeah but...in PRACTICE he makes a bunch!!!

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 12:04 AM   #88
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas86 View Post
The NBA/ESPN only cares about the Lakers, Cavs and Celtics.....Dirk could drop 50 points and it wouldn't even make the front page of NBA.com and ESPN....That's how it is.
my friend, you just had an epiphany.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 12:09 AM   #89
iella
Golden Member

iella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond repute

Nice little recap of Dirk's 4th from ESPN: Video
iella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 12:09 AM   #90
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Dirk says NO.
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 12:21 AM   #91
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayliss View Post
No kidding. He hasn't hit jack since he has been here. I think it's safe to take away that label.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 12:22 AM   #92
MavsMandy

MavsMandy is just really niceMavsMandy is just really niceMavsMandy is just really niceMavsMandy is just really niceMavsMandy is just really niceMavsMandy is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by monty55555 View Post
I have never seen a man carry and will his team the way he did tonight. I am so stunned by Dirk's heart. He was flat out amazing. I can't put into words my admiration for his performance tonight. That was spectacular.
first, let me say that dirk was INCREDIBLE. that was awesome.

still, let's go easy on the superlatives. i seem to remember lebron james scoring 29 of his team's final 30 points in a conference finals game a few years back...so it's not like dirk's dominance is totally unprecedented.

that said, that was definitely the best fourth quarter performance i've ever seen by a mav--and dirk's had some good ones in his day.
MavsMandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 12:28 AM   #93
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg View Post

Finally, and I think very importantly...to me, it was JJB who set the tone that led to the comeback. That sumbitch was going to the rack HARD.
Does JJB have compromising photos of you?
CadBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 12:33 AM   #94
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CadBane View Post
Does JJB have compromising photos of you?
Did you watch the game?
Old 11-04-2009, 12:34 AM   #95
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike View Post
my friend, you just had an epiphany.
Wrong, Dirk is on the front of ESPN's NBA page.

Old 11-04-2009, 12:39 AM   #96
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas86 View Post
Correct. They have since posted headlines on their Cavs and Celts.

I have faith they'll eventually post the Mavs game. But in all likelihood, it will be on the sidebar.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 12:40 AM   #97
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Did you watch the game?
Yes I did. I watched Dirk have one of the best 4th quarters ever.

I vaguely recall JJB going 3-9 with no assists and a turnover and horrible D. What a stud. So you're telling me his ONE 4th quarter lay-up got things started. Ok.
Old 11-04-2009, 12:42 AM   #98
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Btw, if you look closely... you can see Tim Thomas in street clothes blowing kisses to Dirk from the bench.
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 12:52 AM   #99
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:

I vaguely recall JJB going 3-9 with no assists and a turnover and horrible D. What a stud. So you're telling me his ONE 4th quarter lay-up got things started. Ok.
It's not your fault. You don't see things as insightfully as I do. During a critical stretch of the game, a certain thing happened. I saw it, and you didn't. It may have made a difference, or it may not have. But still and all, it was there for both of us to see, and to comment on.
Old 11-04-2009, 12:53 AM   #100
badfish22
Golden Member

badfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant future

Quote:

+1
Chumdawgs constant defense of Barea is ridiculous. IS your name Balkis on Db.com? lol im just playin
I think Barea picked up his game offensively today. Didnt try to force to much, I liked his game. His defense though was just horrid.

Plus right when Barea went out is when we made our run. Again.

Last edited by badfish22; 11-04-2009 at 12:54 AM.
badfish22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 12:57 AM   #101
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
It's not your fault. You don't see things as insightfully as I do. During a critical stretch of the game, a certain thing happened. I saw it, and you didn't. It may have made a difference, or it may not have. But still and all, it was there for both of us to see, and to comment on.
Big bag of nothing. Almost on the level of a politician.
Old 11-04-2009, 01:05 AM   #102
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:

Old 11-04-2009, 01:09 AM   #103
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
The NBA record for points in a fourth quarter is Wilt Chamberlain’s 31 for Philadelphia on March 2, 1962 against the New York Knicks. The mark for points in any quarter is 33 shared by San Antonio’s George Gervin (April 9, 1978) and Denver’s Carmelo Anthony(notes) (Dec. 10, 2008)
That was close
Old 11-04-2009, 01:09 AM   #104
CadBane
Banned

Quote:
You're right. A certain thing did happen. Apparently you got wood watching JJB run around the court for three minutes. The same thing did not happen to me, alas. Yes, JJB was there for both of us to see, clearly once of us enjoyed "seeing" that more than the other.
Old 11-04-2009, 01:11 AM   #105
mavErika
Golden Member

mavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant future

http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=291103006

there's already a short 4th quarter summary on espn.com, some quotes as well.

Quote:
"It was an ugly game," Nowitzki said. "We couldn't get anything going for three quarters. We were slow. We were looking for a spark offensively and I was able to do that tonight."
a spark? He burned down the whole state of Utah - in Dallas, eh, but you know what I mean.

Last edited by mavErika; 11-04-2009 at 01:45 AM. Reason: to laminate my ignorance
mavErika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 01:13 AM   #106
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Quote:
Correct. They have since posted headlines on their Cavs and Celts.

I have faith they'll eventually post the Mavs game. But in all likelihood, it will be on the sidebar.
There it is!

Featured news of the day:

Cavs, Celtics, Nuggets, Lakers, Fantasy in the five main tabs.

Dirk's video just came out, but it's scrolling through the video section like all the other game highlights.

Last edited by Dirkadirkastan; 11-04-2009 at 01:13 AM.
Old 11-04-2009, 01:13 AM   #107
chumdawg
Guru

When we went out to start the fourth quarter, on two consecutive possessions Barea took it straight to the rack. And he took it hard. When the littlest guy on your team does that, it should send a signal to everyone else that they should do the same.

You have to pay attention to those little things if you want to understand a game.
Old 11-04-2009, 01:14 AM   #108
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Quote:
When we went out to start the fourth quarter, on two consecutive possessions Barea took it straight to the rack. And he took it hard. When the littlest guy on your team does that, it should send a signal to everyone else that they should do the same.

You have to pay attention to those little things if you want to understand a game.
You're right Chum! It showed Dirk the current game plan wasn't working.
Old 11-04-2009, 01:16 AM   #109
badfish22
Golden Member

badfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
Dirk says NO.
this
badfish22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 01:19 AM   #110
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
You're right Chum! It showed Dirk the current game plan wasn't working.
Let me get this straight. You are trying to diminish the contribution of one of our players?
Old 11-04-2009, 01:26 AM   #111
sefant77
Guru

jthig32, please the next GDT allready
Old 11-04-2009, 01:27 AM   #112
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

held the opponent to 85 points
Old 11-04-2009, 01:28 AM   #113
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Quote:
Let me get this straight. You are trying to diminish the contribution of one of our players?
Hey Chum, what do you think of that Erick Dampier guy? He had 6 blocks tonight.
Old 11-04-2009, 01:33 AM   #114
mavErika
Golden Member

mavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant future

some post-game sound bites:

http://mavspodcast.hipcast.com/rss/a...ckspodcast.xml

Dirk visited an AC/DC concert yesterday an Kidd was teasing him for that during the game
Old 11-04-2009, 01:33 AM   #115
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windmill360 View Post
held the opponent to 85 points
Jazz were held scoreless for almost 3 minutes in the fourth. Right when Dirk was on the roll and Dallas was taking the lead. THat's good stuff.
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 01:33 AM   #116
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
Hey Chum, what do you think of that Erick Dampier guy? He had 6 blocks tonight.
Nice game. Contributed much to the win.
Old 11-04-2009, 01:41 AM   #117
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

just read at ESPN that 29 is 2 points from an NBA record for 4th quarters and 4 from an NBA record for a quarter. (Is that right?) If you are coach, do you leave Dirk in for another 28 seconds to try to get another basket or 2?
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 01:48 AM   #118
CadBane
Banned

I read somewhere Dirk tied the record for ft's made in a qtr. with 14. But I dk if that's correct.
Old 11-04-2009, 02:58 AM   #119
mavErika
Golden Member

Quote:
There it is!

Featured news of the day:

Cavs, Celtics, Nuggets, Lakers, Fantasy in the five main tabs.

Dirk's video just came out, but it's scrolling through the video section like all the other game highlights.
at least they focussed on the fourth quarter. And is that Josh with the black suit and grey tie, if so it's good to see him cheering like that.

Just saw it's also on the frontpage now.
Old 11-04-2009, 04:05 AM   #120
G-Man
Platinum Member

G-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond repute

In the carnage that many think was the first half, it must be said that the Mavs played some great defense. They held Utah to 37 points, gave up zero in the last 3 minutes of the half, to keep them in the game while they were missing all those uncontested layups.

Terry had steals on consecutive plays. He will probably never be a great defender, but it is clear he's putting in a lot more effort. Dirk too is playing his best defense ever as well. Kidd did very decent jobs against Kobe and Derron. This team is developing aggressive hands that disrupt offenses and lead to easy baskets.

Thats 3 straight wins where defense kept them in it, 3 straight wins with no offense from last year's 2nd and 3rd top scorers, Terry and Howard. If they can beat yet another playoff team tommorrow, maybe ESPN will notice them.

I like this team!

Tags
dirk is the greatest, dirk pwns ur face 4ever!!, epic..., got a bit fluffy in here, jjbwonthegame!