Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 11-19-2009, 03:19 PM   #121
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokey41 View Post
I honestly thought we were going to get destroyed by Jefferson without both Howard and Marion in the lineup.

As for Parker, we're going to need to figure out what to do with that. Is the rook going to be even close to ready to cover him should we meet in the playoffs?

Hell yeah, he's quick enough to stay with anyone. I think he would give Parker trouble in the same ways Devin did. Is he smart enough to play in crunch time, will he has to be bigger than the moment? My only worry but we have time, plenty of time before the playoffs and this kid seems to be on Miracle Grow.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY

Last edited by SMC0007; 11-19-2009 at 03:20 PM.
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-19-2009, 03:32 PM   #122
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

edit: wrong thread.

Last edited by Windmill360; 11-19-2009 at 03:42 PM.
Windmill360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 04:59 PM   #123
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cchriswake View Post
Learn the game of basketball first kid before you "revoke" anyone's license to watch basketball.

He was talking about drawing an OFFENSIVE FOUL, JUST LIKE YOU HAD IN YOUR ORIGINAL POST. Wow, and I thought all the idiots went to spurstalk.com or clutchfans.bbs apparently they forgot one moron in... you
Sarcasm is clearly an acquired taste. No wonder you have one box.
CadBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 05:12 PM   #124
Nowitzki4President

Nowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to behold

I was at that game. Some spurs fans got arrested in my section for being asses. Sat next to another Spurs fan, but he kept it classy, was a pretty cool dude.

People at the stadium love Beaubois, RC should play him more, he is the future. Classic Dirk, taking over the game. This was my first Mavs home game, and I got to see first hand JET being the emotional leader getting the crowd into it between TO's and Quarters.

I snook into a different section for a quarter since me, my grandpa and cousin were in one section, and my other cousins were in another section. The lady I sat next to in my other cousins section was a C&$T! I never thought I'd meet a Mavs fan who's a jerk, wth.

Going to see the Mavs kill the Sac Queens tomorrow, people gotta start chanting "MVP!" when Dirk goes off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowitzki4President View Post
Nowitzki4President is the greatest man to ever live!
Nowitzki4President is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 05:30 PM   #125
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I was at that game. Some spurs fans got arrested in my section for being asses. Sat next to another Spurs fan, but he kept it classy, was a pretty cool dude.

People at the stadium love Beaubois, RC should play him more, he is the future. Classic Dirk, taking over the game. This was my first Mavs home game, and I got to see first hand JET being the emotional leader getting the crowd into it between TO's and Quarters.

I snook into a different section for a quarter since me, my grandpa and cousin were in one section, and my other cousins were in another section. The lady I sat next to in my other cousins section was a C&$T! I never thought I'd meet a Mavs fan who's a jerk, wth.

Going to see the Mavs kill the Sac Queens tomorrow, people gotta start chanting "MVP!" when Dirk goes off.
Two questions.

1. It looked like the lower seats were sirprisingly empty last night. Was that the case?

2. What did the lady do?
CadBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 05:45 PM   #126
Nowitzki4President

Nowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by CadBane View Post
Two questions.

1. It looked like the lower seats were sirprisingly empty last night. Was that the case?

2. What did the lady do?
Before the game it was. But no, I'd say it was a full house. I sat both on the lower areas and in the top, so I got both points of view. In the row in the lower decks that I sat in for a quarter, there was only one empty seat, which was the seat I sat in. It was full even in the upper decks in section 306.

The lady was just an ass. I sat there to spend some time at the game with my cousin, so I snook in for a quarter. I sit down, she asks "is that your seat?" I replied, "sure". She said, "I don't think so, since that's my seat." I then said "If that's your seat, then why aren't you sitting in it?" She blew off that question. She then pointed at 4 seats and said they were hers. I said "Why would you buy 4 seats if it's only you and your husband. That seems like a waste of money..." Then to ease the tensions, I mentioned that I was sitting with my cousin, just to make her get that I'm only down here to spend time with them, not to cheat anyone out of seats or anything, but she was still a jerk.

About 5 minutes later, the play where the refs called a foul on Dirk for fouling RJ on a 3 (which Dirk didn't even touch him...) I yelled "Bullcrap!". And she said very snarkily "If you're gonna sit in my seat, boy, then you're not gonna curse". Then we got into it back and forth until I finally just apologized since I didn't want her to rat me out. After I left after the 2nd quarter, she left too. I can't believe it. She missed out on a good game because she decided to let a 16 year old that just wanted to sit next to his cousins for a quarter ruin her night.

I mean sure, I was kinda being a bit condescending too, but she didn't have to be so combative. Still my best ballgame experience ever, though.

Quote:
Old 11-19-2009, 06:17 PM   #127
Julius

Julius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to all

Quote:
Before the game it was. But no, I'd say it was a full house. I sat both on the lower areas and in the top, so I got both points of view. In the row in the lower decks that I sat in for a quarter, there was only one empty seat, which was the seat I sat in. It was full even in the upper decks in section 306.

The lady was just an ass. I sat there to spend some time at the game with my cousin, so I snook in for a quarter. I sit down, she asks "is that your seat?" I replied, "sure". She said, "I don't think so, since that's my seat." I then said "If that's your seat, then why aren't you sitting in it?" She blew off that question. She then pointed at 4 seats and said they were hers. I said "Why would you buy 4 seats if it's only you and your husband. That seems like a waste of money..." Then to ease the tensions, I mentioned that I was sitting with my cousin, just to make her get that I'm only down here to spend time with them, not to cheat anyone out of seats or anything, but she was still a jerk.

About 5 minutes later, the play where the refs called a foul on Dirk for fouling RJ on a 3 (which Dirk didn't even touch him...) I yelled "Bullcrap!". And she said very snarkily "If you're gonna sit in my seat, boy, then you're not gonna curse". Then we got into it back and forth until I finally just apologized since I didn't want her to rat me out. After I left after the 2nd quarter, she left too. I can't believe it. She missed out on a good game because she decided to let a 16 year old that just wanted to sit next to his cousins for a quarter ruin her night.

I mean sure, I was kinda being a bit condescending too, but she didn't have to be so combative. Still my best ballgame experience ever, though.
Cool!
Julius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 07:26 PM   #128
SeriousSummer
Golden Member

SeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant future

One of the oddities of last night was that the best team available might have been the injured starters from each team:

Parker
Ginobili
Howard
Marion
Dampier

Would be a pretty stout starting five. It seems unusual for the season to start with so many injuries all around the league. What's going to happen by the end of the year?
SeriousSummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 07:28 PM   #129
badfish22
Golden Member

badfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant future

Ya the stadium was packed. I really couldn't find any open seats.

Kinda OT but I was watching Finley warming up about anj hour before the game. He was on fire. Damn I don't think he missed a three the entire time he was out there. Just stringing them over and over. His shooting stroke really is beautiful. Too bad he is too old to actually get open.

Josh looked pretty good warming up. He seemed to be able to run good and make some cuts. He shot wasn't falling consistently though.

Singleton was the one player to be out there the entire warm-up. Guess he really is a gym rat.
Still I think Hump is a better player. Feel bad for Singleton, cause I just don't see him getting consistent minutes here. When everyone comes back he could get put on the IA list.

BEAT LA
badfish22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 07:34 PM   #130
Nowitzki4President

Quote:
Originally Posted by badfish22 View Post
Singleton was the one player to be out there the entire warm-up. Guess he really is a gym rat.
Still I think Hump is a better player. Feel bad for Singleton, cause I just don't see him getting consistent minutes here. When everyone comes back he could get put on the IA list.
I saw Gooden out there practicing his shot for about 20 minutes all by himself. And a lot of his practice mid range jumpers were falling. But then his shot struggled in the beginning of the game. Then again, who's didn't...

Quote:
Old 11-19-2009, 07:34 PM   #131
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

MOM MEATLOAF, FOCK.

What's she doing? I never know what she's doing... back there.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 07:50 PM   #132
Thomas86
Golden Member

Thomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to all

I bet David Stern is pissed about how good the Mavs are doing right now, the Mavs are not supposed to be 9-3 with the nba schedule Stern had made for the Mavs loaded with back to back games, I bet Stern is trying to figure out right now how he's gonna stop the Mavs this time.....
Thomas86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 07:54 PM   #133
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas86 View Post
I bet David Stern is pissed about how good the Mavs are doing right now, the Mavs are not supposed to be 9-3 with the nba schedule Stern had made for the Mavs loaded with back to back games, I bet Stern is trying to figure out right now how he's gonna stop the Mavs this time.....
Stern better suit-up if he wants to stop these Mavs...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 10:25 PM   #134
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

ShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond repute

yeah and the government created Swine Flu
ShaggyDirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 01:16 AM   #135
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Whats delicious is the Spurs are now 4-6 and a full game behind the two teams tied for 8th seed in the West. Sure they are missing starters but we haven't had a full roster the entire year and the one game we had all starters healthy we won in a blowout.

Game 1- no Howard, no Thomas
Game 2- no Howard, no Thomas
Game 3- no Howard, no Thomas
Game 4- no Howard, no Thomas
Game 5- no Howard, no Thomas
Game 6- Marion sits out the second half, no Thomas
Game 7- no Thomas
Game 8- Howard re-injured halfway through, no Thomas
Game 9- no Howard, no Thomas
Game 10- no Howard, no Dampier, no Thomas
Game 11- no Howard, no Dampier, Marion injured early, no Thomas
Game 12- No Howard, no Dampier, no Marion

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 11-20-2009 at 01:24 AM.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 01:30 AM   #136
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Don't forget the four games Gooden missed, EL.
Old 11-20-2009, 03:42 AM   #137
Jon Avalon
Platinum Member

Jon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Whats delicious is the Spurs are now 4-6 and a full game behind the two teams tied for 8th seed in the West. Sure they are missing starters but we haven't had a full roster the entire year and the one game we had all starters healthy we won in a blowout.

Game 7- no Thomas
Game 8- Howard re-injured halfway through, no Thomas
Game 9- no Howard, no Thomas
Game 10- no Howard, no Dampier, no Thomas
Yea thats what really excites me, our star/key players are hurt. But we still find ways to win, which is great (nice to see how deep this team is). Also that we haven't entirely seen a perfected/consistent offensive display yet from everyone else (other than like you said, that one game was still a blowout), and other than what dirk has been doing too. But yea i'm still really anxious to see us healthy and how well we can play together in sync. If we can finally see a big time dominating display on both ends, oooo baby....League you better watch out.

Last edited by Jon Avalon; 11-20-2009 at 03:43 AM.
Jon Avalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 09:00 AM   #138
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

With Gooden:

Game 7- no Gooden, no Thomas
Game 8- no Gooden, Howard re-injured halfway through, no Thomas
Game 9- no Gooden, no Howard, no Thomas
Game 10- no Gooden, no Howard, no Dampier, no Thomas

The roster is 14 players deep. Just Shawne is useless. Well, Carroll...i still have hope

Last edited by sefant77; 11-20-2009 at 09:00 AM.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 11:36 AM   #139
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Very nice video here talking about the last mavs/spurs game. The peaceful interlude is nice and the commentator is pretty spot on about it really being dirk-duncan at the end of the day.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGYO0kI2Lxw
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 11:37 AM   #140
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Hell yeah, he's quick enough to stay with anyone. I think he would give Parker trouble in the same ways Devin did. Is he smart enough to play in crunch time, will he has to be bigger than the moment? My only worry but we have time, plenty of time before the playoffs and this kid seems to be on Miracle Grow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokey41
I honestly thought we were going to get destroyed by Jefferson without both Howard and Marion in the lineup.

As for Parker, we're going to need to figure out what to do with that. Is the rook going to be even close to ready to cover him should we meet in the playoffs?

Spurts have to get there first.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 11-20-2009, 11:41 AM   #141
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Stern better suit-up if he wants to stop these Mavs...

Badda-bing. Unfortunately, like a mafia don, he will have deniable plausability.
Old 11-20-2009, 12:07 PM   #142
LSMF
Diamond Member

LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas86 View Post
Exactly what I was thinking the other night, Stern is probably so pissed of right now. lol david stern

Tags
dirk pwns ur face 4ever!!