Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 02-26-2010, 09:31 AM   #361
mavErika
Golden Member

mavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant future

Speaking of the refs, Andrew "the real Big Baby" Bynum pouts because he thinks the other kids have been mean to him, while the grown up just wouldn't help him, even when he told them:
Quote:
LA's Andrew Bynum: Mavs playing '8 on 5' in win vs. Lakers

07:01 PM CST on Thursday, February 25, 2010

Lakers big man Andrew Bynum told CBS in Los Angeles that the Mavericks benefited from some referee calls in Wednesday night's victory.

"It's hard to play 8 on 5," Bynum said, alluding to the three refs being on the Mavs' side.

The Lakers and Dallas were each called for 20 personal fouls however the Mavericks shot 26 free-throws to the Lakers 16.

Bynum was called twice for traveling.

Said Bynum: "When I asked one of the officials, how did you call a travel? He said, "I didn't see a travel." "The guy who called it looked me in my eyes and said "I didn't see a travel."

Then in reference to a foul that he thought should have been called on Dirk Nowitzki Bynum says the referee told him, "I didn't think it was going to mess your shot up."
http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont...152c12523.html

Weren't there like five travelling violations for either team anyway? GD, you seem to re-watch the game soon, maybe you could have an eye on that?

Let's see how much he gotta pay for that, considering he's a Laker, probably not much.
mavErika is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-26-2010, 09:39 AM   #362
tsar

tsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavsfan1000 View Post
Who do you think you are talking to me like that? You don't know me. Roddy already proved what a weapon he can be offensively if you've been watching the games. His last few shots were forced as he was not getting any help from his teammates. That had to do with having poor bench players playing around him as well though. The Mavs are not going to lose games because of Roddy. If anything, they might win games as they get another scoring threat that teams will have to respect. This team can't continue relying on Kidd always being on the court if they seriously want to win the whole thing. Depth is important. If Stevenson can get shots, Beaubois can get shots.
Stevenson is a much better defender, that's why he's getting shots. You wouldn't put a guy like Roddy over Stevenson in a game as important as this.
Old 02-26-2010, 09:47 AM   #363
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

wow now somehow roddy is actually going to be the difference maker instead of just trying not to screw up. And he's surrounded by poor bench players.

His poor bench players were dirk, shawn, jet, najera. What scrubs compared to RODDY!!!

Kobe would have fouled roddy out in about 3 minutes.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 10:53 AM   #364
mavErika
Golden Member

mavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
No, you got a link?
Dirk postgame with Lisa Salters
Old 02-26-2010, 11:16 AM   #365
mavErika
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
Well worth the watch, he's having some fun out there and he's a very good interview also. Pretty open and honest. wow...I think we've got something going there with Wood...
He's a great interviewee!

Also, I can't get enough of that short video sequence before the Jet-Interview. I can watch it ten times and it still gets me pumped! He's awesome at that!

edit to add the link one more time: http://www.nba.com/mavericks/video/originals/#

But what did you guys think of his postgame remarks (not in the video) about who's in the mix of shooting game winners on the team(he named Dirk, Kidd and himself). Did he just forgot about Butler, or are they really (temporary?) uncomfortable with him taking big shots?
Or is it just not very smart to tell what your end-game options are anyway, so that we take it as a refreshingly savvy move from him to leave Caron off that list, until he hits the game winner in our next one-point game?

Last edited by mavErika; 02-26-2010 at 11:39 AM.
Old 02-26-2010, 11:20 AM   #366
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavErika View Post

Thanks

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 11:36 AM   #367
mavErika
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
[...]
JJB, eh. I don't hold too much hope for him. It would be nice if he made it out of the slump in time for the playoffs. We need him to step up because obviously Roddy isn't gonna get any playoff time.
I pretty much agree with this part about Barea/Roddy. If Roddy gets playing time in the playoffs, it certainly won't be as a PG. I'd much rather have pre-slump Barea as a back-up PG than Terry. Coming into the season, after he got that shoulder fixed in the offseason, I was hoping he would be an even better shooter, but sadly he got worse for whatever reason. Also, at times it seemed to me that he was no more near the positive locker room influence he once used to be, which is probably not surprising, given the frustrating effect such an extended slump must have on any player.
Old 02-26-2010, 11:42 AM   #368
mavErika
Golden Member

These are some very good/interesting observations/points/questions:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmacomic View Post
The thing that stood out the most to me last night was when Dirk would not back down from the ref until they got the right line up for Roddy's jumpball. It really didn't make a difference as the Lakers still got the ball, but it was the fact that Dirk wouldn't just let the ref screw us that impressed me. It felt like Dirk was saying to the league, "NO, you will not shaft us anymore." I like that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sike View Post
Odd point: I don't know anything about him as a person...but Pau seems like a pretty nice guy on the floor. I noticed a couple times last night where he was talking to the refs about call against him and he was very level headed and even willing to listen to the refs explanation why they made the call...and he nodded along as if appreciating the explanation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkadirkastan View Post
I remember a game a couple of seasons ago in the Staples center, there was a small intermission while the refs were reviewing a shot clock issue or something. So out of boredom, Dirk took the ball over to one of the baskets and started shooting jumpers. Then Pau casually walked up, Dirk fed him a bounce pass, and the two of them started a little shoot around for a couple of minutes. Quite a difference from the American jerk culture where you don't help an opposing player off the floor.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitanObvious View Post
Btw have you guys seen that Haywood interview? I think he just might be jizzing his pants a little bit there with his excitement to be a part of the mavs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sike View Post
Earl K Sneed asks VERY long questions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Windmill360 View Post
how in the world did the Wizards suck so bad?
Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
[...]
JJB was not playing poorly early this year, he was quite good and now he's not. There actually is more likelyhood that jjb will go back to playing well than roddy actually being more consistent as the games get even bigger.

Last edited by mavErika; 02-26-2010 at 11:46 AM.

Tags
dirk pwns ur face 4ever!!