Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 04-19-2010, 05:02 PM   #161
Budapest Maverick
Platinum Member

Budapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcat075 View Post
Yeah, its ridiculous. I play basketball, and its obvious that my jump shot is like infinitely worse than Dirk's, but still. Free throws aren't hard to make, and it makes me wonder why Shaq refuses to learn. However, I have trouble making more than 5 or 6 FT's in a row. I know if I shot more of them (because its much sexier to practice 3's) I'd be better, could hit more, could shot higher than my measly 70%-ish. So maybe 15 in a row at some point when shooting 100 total. But on that 16th, it'll go just a little bit to the right, and rattle out. Or a little far, and bounce straight up and then off the rim.

I cannot even imagine what Dirk's done.
If you can hit 15 in a row, you can hit 30 in a row, and if you can hit 30 in a row, you can probably hit 50. In a gym, with a good ball, on a good rim, with a good form, without the pressure... A lot of hobby baller could do well. I could probably reach 30-40, in a couple of days max, i'm a good amateur shooter though. I tried only once for a half hour, i hit 14 in a row, outside, with a slippery, scuffed ball. But this incredibly awesome man, doing this on the biggest freakin' stage of the basketball world, in front of thousends, (millions), hitting several clutch ones in the proccess... That's the big thing i guess. Anyway, 1-0!!!!!

Last edited by Budapest Maverick; 04-19-2010 at 05:04 PM.
Budapest Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-19-2010, 05:08 PM   #162
monty55555
Platinum Member

monty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant future

Quote:

DALLAS -- To all those who wondered what if ...

To all who wondered what would happen if, for whatever silly reason, San Antonio coach Gregg Popovich chose to defend Dirk Nowitzki one on one, the answer came with near-perfect resonance Sunday night.

Flying solo -- and clearly enjoying the elbow room -- Nowitzki made 12 of 14 field goal attempts and scored 36 points, as the Dallas Mavericks claimed Game 1 of the best-of-seven series 100-94.

"Well, you know, they had scorers last year, too," Popovich explained later. "You pick your poison."

The end result was venomous. While Dirk was finding the basket from every angle, the Mavericks were riding the steadying hand of Jason Kidd.

"Jason was a man," Popovich graciously observed. "He was a focused, driven individual, as usual."

He was, so can we quit moaning about the New Jersey trade once and for all?
If leadership and playoff savvy are what the Mavericks were looking for when they acquired the now-37-year-old point guard two years ago, he gave it to them resoundingly Sunday night.

Nowitzki will get the headlines today, but Kidd should get the applause.

"He played great," Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle said. "He was sensational in all areas."

All areas, he said. Which meant passing, running the offense, shooting and defense.

"He's a future Hall of Famer," said Spurs forward Richard Jefferson, a former Nets teammate of Kidd. "And he's going to keep playing at a high level.

"He's one of those guys that can make people around him better, and he has a lot of talent around him now."

It was only one night, one step on the long NBA playoff road, but the Mavericks did clearly look like the better, deeper team, which hasn't always been the case against four-time champion San Antonio.

That argument should stand, even on a night when the Spurs' Tim Duncan and Manu Ginobili combined for 53 points.

"We played hard," Carlisle said of his team's defense. "We didn't necessarily play well all of the time."

What happened was that the Mavericks made Duncan and Ginobili work for nearly every point of their combined 53.

"Our defense really played a part tonight," Kidd said. "We deflected a bunch of passes, and we were active, and we tried to limit them to one tough shot."

The hustle paid off. Kidd finished with 11 assists and was moving the ball
around so craftily, Popovich resorted to the big What-If.

What if the Spurs tried to shadow Nowitzki with only one defender?

"Dirk got the best of whatever we tried to do with him tonight," Popovich said. "We tried a lot of different things, but he beat them all."

Taking advantage of Spurs both big and small, Dirk scored when driving to the basket and when falling away from it.

Midway in the third quarter, just after San Antonio had actually wrested away the lead 59-58, Nowitzki hit a pair of free throws, then a 13-foot jumper, and then converted a three-point play to push the Mavs back into the lead 67-61.

The home team never trailed again.

"That's just what he does," said Caron Butler, who's been Nowitzki's teammate for only three months. "When you've got so many guys around him to keep the double-teams coming and making it difficult for the defense, he's going to have his way. He did a great job of making decisions, creating for others and, at the same time, hitting his shots."

Of all the beneficiaries Sunday night, Butler was the most to benefit. He finished with 22 points.

With Kidd and Nowitzki making the right decisions, it looked at times like a whole, new Mavericks offense.

"I think the scouting report on us probably says that we rely on the jump shot," Kidd said. "But I thought tonight was a great example of us not doing that, and coming out and being aggressive, driving the ball to the basket and getting to the free throw line."

It seemed an accurate assessment on this Game 1 night.

The Mavericks came out sharp and focused. The Spurs ... well, Popovich rolled the diced and it came out 36.

Wrong poison.

http://www.star-telegram.com/2010/04...low-dirks.html
Old 04-19-2010, 05:16 PM   #163
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yeah, its ridiculous. I play basketball, and its obvious that my jump shot is like infinitely worse than Dirk's, but still. Free throws aren't hard to make, and it makes me wonder why Shaq refuses to learn. However, I have trouble making more than 5 or 6 FT's in a row. I know if I shot more of them (because its much sexier to practice 3's) I'd be better, could hit more, could shot higher than my measly 70%-ish. So maybe 15 in a row at some point when shooting 100 total. But on that 16th, it'll go just a little bit to the right, and rattle out. Or a little far, and bounce straight up and then off the rim.
Noob, you need to take a page from Van Exel's book and shoot 3's as free throws. Then it's allll sexy!

Is this ghost ball??
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 05:26 PM   #164
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirkFTW View Post
Noob, you need to take a page from Van Exel's book and shoot 3's as free throws. Then it's allll sexy!
Haha, that's hilarious. Shooting 3's has basically replaced FT's nowadays in 21, must be why Nick shot that way!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budapest Maverick View Post
If you can hit 15 in a row, you can hit 30 in a row, and if you can hit 30 in a row, you can probably hit 50. In a gym, with a good ball, on a good rim, with a good form, without the pressure... A lot of hobby baller could do well. I could probably reach 30-40, in a couple of days max, i'm a good amateur shooter though. I tried only once for a half hour, i hit 14 in a row, outside, with a slippery, scuffed ball. But this incredibly awesome man, doing this on the biggest freakin' stage of the basketball world, in front of thousends, (millions), hitting several clutch ones in the proccess... That's the big thing i guess. Anyway, 1-0!!!!!

Yeah, its one thing to go to the gym and shoot FT's for an hour and then get a rhythm and make 40-50 in a row. Its another thing to go out, night after night, take the ball to the basket, get smacked hard, hit the ground hard, get up, step to the free throw line, lights blaring at you, camera's snapping, people screaming and waving, while sweat runs down you face and moistens your hands, and to calmly sink both free throws, nothing but net. Not once, not 5 times, but 35 trips in a row.

Last edited by tcat075; 04-19-2010 at 05:27 PM.
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 05:26 PM   #165
aurelino9

aurelino9 is a name known to allaurelino9 is a name known to allaurelino9 is a name known to allaurelino9 is a name known to allaurelino9 is a name known to allaurelino9 is a name known to allaurelino9 is a name known to allaurelino9 is a name known to allaurelino9 is a name known to all

Quote:

I cannot even imagine what Dirk's done.
You can correct shooting form and delivery and practice shooting 1000 FTs a day like crazy and develop a great muscle memory but the one underrated aspect of this is concentration. It is this subliminal quality of being able to focus on every single play that separates Dirk from other great players. I think the only other player who is "locked in" like that is Kobe. It's not that he doesn't make mistakes but his mistakes are rarely a result of a lack of focus.

Last edited by aurelino9; 04-19-2010 at 05:27 PM.
aurelino9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 06:43 PM   #166
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

We were lucky the Terry/Barea combo didn't cost us the game. Makes me sick to my f*cking stomach every time I see it out there.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 07:45 PM   #167
mavErika
Golden Member

mavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant future

In related news to the discussion above, Damp just buried 140 of 150 FT's
mavErika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 08:59 PM   #168
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
I laughed.
So did I, the world of a spurs fan collapses after 1 playoff loss as you can see...

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 10:46 PM   #169
xrobx
Diamond Member

xrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond repute

on april 28, 1996 ted st. martin hit 5,221 free throws in a row. of course that wasn't in a game, but let that sink in. 5,221.
xrobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 11:53 PM   #170
quietsavant

quietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud of

Links to download game 1 if anyone needs it and hasn't gotten it yet:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=W2VWPRMV
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=RF74UMLD
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=9GUWKHEM
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=1J1GNF49

The good Ol days : Click
quietsavant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 01:39 AM   #171
particleman

particleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by aurelino9 View Post
They count them separately for exactly that reason. Individual records make sense when all players have a level playing field to compete in. Aaron Brooks made the most 3 pointers in the NBA this season but Kidd may well pass his total if the Mavs go deep in the playoffs but Brooks shouldn't be penalized for being on a lottery team as far as individual record is concerned. That doesn't take diminish Kidd's achievement. Just that it makes sense to measure playoff accomplishments separately.
Well I'm not an idiot. Regular season totals obviously should be counted separately. I was talking about streaks.

How would counting Dirk's free throw shooting streak as it continues into the playoffs make for an uneven playing field? You can still add to the streaks from the players who missed the playoffs this season as next season starts (I am not nearly as impressed by those kinds of streaks, but whatever). Your example is almost completely irrelevant to this discussion, aurelino9.

Last edited by particleman; 04-20-2010 at 01:51 AM.
particleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 11:06 AM   #172
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

Sportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant future

I just were on Spurstalk and read (I didn't post any) some of those comments there. So many (but not all of them!) of those people are only bitching, whining and moaning about the calls Dirk got. It's ridiculous. If Manu had gotten those calls or even Tim, I'm sure they wouldn't say anything at all. If the Spurs had received 34 and the Mavs 14 (no, I won't subtract hack-a-damp now), everything would have been fair in their opinion... I'm sure a lot of those people would say that. Homers, just grow a pair.

I admit that Tim probably should have gotten a few calls more because of being banged in the post by Haywood/Damp. Yes, I'll give them that. At least some people didn't complain about those FT's Dirk got, but about some lack of FT's for SA. That's something I can accept way more. However, more FT's for Tim is not that much of a biggie, because his major weakness is FT-shooting.

But simply, if you touch a player on his arm while he's shooting, it's a foul. It doesn't matter if the shooter draws the contact or if he gets fouled intentionally. Contact on the arm equals a foul, period. And yes, Drk is good at drawing fouls. There is no difference rulebook for the playoffs and the regular season (some of the guys at ST came up with different ways handling fouls during RS and playoffs). IMO those people really need to read the rules again. The calls Dirk got were clear fouls. And the comparison to Wade in 2006 is a joke. Wade rammed the Elbow into Dirk and got a whistle, travelled and got a whistle etc... the list is endless.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." (Albert Einstein)

Last edited by Sportstudi; 04-20-2010 at 11:07 AM.
Sportstudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 11:23 AM   #173
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

The Spurs didn't get FT's because their offense was passive - they settled for jumpers instead of driving (just like those soft-ass Mavs the past several seasons...)

aggression = whistles

Glad my Mavs finally figured that out!

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 12:23 PM   #174
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Plus everytime Manu go to the basket we pretty much conceded the layup.
Old 04-20-2010, 01:03 PM   #175
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

What opposing fans cannot stand or understand is when the refs call dirk like a guard when he's up top. They cannot get over the type of play that is allowed in the post should be allowed up top because he's a big. It's dumb.

Did you notice that each time stoppage of play occurred dirk had to retuck his shirt. It's because the entire time the defender had a handful of jersey. Many more could have been called but were not.

Timmah gets bodies in the post, everyone gets bodied in the post, tough beans, no one gets those calls.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 01:08 PM   #176
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
What opposing fans cannot stand or understand is when the refs call dirk like a guard when he's up top. They cannot get over the type of play that is allowed in the post should be allowed up top because he's a big. It's dumb.

Did you notice that each time stoppage of play occurred dirk had to retuck his shirt. It's because the entire time the defender had a handful of jersey. Many more could have been called but were not.

Timmah gets bodies in the post, everyone gets bodied in the post, tough beans, no one gets those calls.
Great point about the untucked jersey.
Kidd Karma is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 02:58 PM   #177
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Watch Dirk catching the ball at the ellbow and immediatly getting an ellbow hard in his back pushing him offbalance. That has to be a foul every single time...

If you touch a guard with the ball near there like that its always a clear foul. So why not with Dirk?

Last edited by sefant77; 04-20-2010 at 03:01 PM.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 04:26 PM   #178
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post

Exactly. The fact is, Dirk gets fouled almost everytime he catches the ball in the high post. Guys are grabbing him with both hands, pushing him in the back, ect. You can't do that 15 feet out. NO ONE ever does that to Kobe, Melo, ect. They let him catch the ball and just play defense. I don't understand why guys think they can hold on to a guy facing up or catching the ball 10-15 feet from the basket and be surprised when a foul is called (and more times than not it's not).
CadBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 04:30 PM   #179
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

Old 04-20-2010, 04:49 PM   #180
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
Watch Dirk catching the ball at the ellbow and immediatly getting an ellbow hard in his back pushing him offbalance. That has to be a foul every single time...

If you touch a guard with the ball near there like that its always a clear foul. So why not with Dirk?
Yup, I see that a lot. Dirk trying to balance on one foot. At least they refs aren't stupid enough to call traveling when that happens.

I mean, its not that he doesn't always get that call, its that he NEVER gets that call. Physical play is OK by me, but when they're calling something a foul on one end against us when Melo posts up, and not when Dirk...that's when stuff like that really pisses me off. Its just because Melo is 6'8" and generally faces his opponent.

Last edited by tcat075; 04-20-2010 at 04:50 PM.
Old 04-20-2010, 06:43 PM   #181
Thomas86
Golden Member

Thomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to all

Richard Jefferson look scared out there with the rest of the big boys...I guess J-Kidd really did make Jefferson look good when there where on the Nets.

Last edited by Thomas86; 04-20-2010 at 06:44 PM.
Thomas86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 06:45 PM   #182
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Richard Jefferson sucks. Put Barea on him and be done with it.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 07:02 PM   #183
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkadirkastan View Post
Richard Jefferson sucks. Put Barea on him and be done with it.
Hahaha, he'll try to post him up, but fumble the ball out of bounds. The is just a shell of what he was in NJ. Kidd got him a contract, Kmart, Mikki Moore, Antonio McDyess and the list goes on.....
Old 04-20-2010, 07:24 PM   #184
aurelino9

aurelino9 is a name known to allaurelino9 is a name known to allaurelino9 is a name known to allaurelino9 is a name known to allaurelino9 is a name known to allaurelino9 is a name known to allaurelino9 is a name known to allaurelino9 is a name known to allaurelino9 is a name known to all

Just not a good fit for RJ....all he does is stand around in the half-court sets and his defense has really gone down the drain.
aurelino9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 07:25 PM   #185
tcat075
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidd Karma View Post
Hahaha, he'll try to post him up, but fumble the ball out of bounds. The is just a shell of what he was in NJ. Kidd got him a contract, Kmart, Mikki Moore, Antonio McDyess and the list goes on.....
So Kidd's going to be a GM for some team when he retires, right, since he's so good at giving people contracts?
Old 04-20-2010, 10:58 PM   #186
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Pop and Spurs players working hard the media that Dirk is great at "selling" fouls.

Douchebags. Lets wait for Game 2.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 11:33 PM   #187
xrobx
Diamond Member

xrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond repute

2 of the 3 refs in that game are notorious for making calls against the mavs, so i hope the spurs don't think anything will change with other refs
xrobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 12:27 AM   #188
amuseddaysleeper

amuseddaysleeper is a jewel in the roughamuseddaysleeper is a jewel in the roughamuseddaysleeper is a jewel in the roughamuseddaysleeper is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
Pop and Spurs players working hard the media that Dirk is great at "selling" fouls.

Douchebags. Lets wait for Game 2.
link please, all we hear is Haywood ripping on Manu for no reason, I'd like to see where the Spurs whined about Dirk's calls. They always give him his deserved credit for being a hell of a player.
amuseddaysleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 12:36 AM   #189
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by amuseddaysleeper View Post
link please, all we hear is Haywood ripping on Manu for no reason, I'd like to see where the Spurs whined about Dirk's calls. They always give him his deserved credit for being a hell of a player.
It was a very passive-aggressive, coach-type whining from Pop, but he did remark on it:

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/mavericks

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 12:41 AM   #190
amuseddaysleeper

amuseddaysleeper is a jewel in the roughamuseddaysleeper is a jewel in the roughamuseddaysleeper is a jewel in the roughamuseddaysleeper is a jewel in the rough

gotcha, thanks for the link.
amuseddaysleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 12:49 AM   #191
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

lolz.

Parker said, "Everyone was shooting the ball well. Even Jason Kidd was making 3s."

Surely, Parker realizes that Kidd shot better than 42 percent from behind the arc this season.
CadBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 11:15 AM   #192
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CadBane View Post
lolz.

Parker said, "Everyone was shooting the ball well. Even Jason Kidd was making 3s."

Surely, Parker realizes that Kidd shot better than 42 percent from behind the arc this season.
There's that, and then there's the fact that nobody on the Mavs outside of Dirk and Brendan shot better than 42% from the field. Did Parker hit his head on something? Or are the Spurs just so used to making up excuses when they lose that they've completely lost their grip on reality?
Old 04-21-2010, 11:23 AM   #193
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by grndmstr_c View Post
Did Parker hit his head on something? Or are the Spurs just so used to making up excuses when they lose that they've completely lost their grip on reality?
I choose option "B"

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 11:45 AM   #194
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Quote:
So Kidd's going to be a GM for some team when he retires, right, since he's so good at giving people contracts?
Hey you never know. Look at MJ, he's climbed the ladder all the way to ownership.
Old 04-21-2010, 01:25 PM   #195
ItGetzReal

ItGetzReal will become famous soon enoughItGetzReal will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by CadBane View Post
lolz.

I guess he thought kid is worst than him shooting 3's at PG. I didn't realize he was under 30% for the season I didn't know he was that bad from 3 .
ItGetzReal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 02:01 PM   #196
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItGetzReal View Post
I guess he thought kid is worst than him shooting 3's at PG. I didn't realize he was under 30% for the season I didn't know he was that bad from 3 .
I'm sure Pop or other assistant coaches have prepped this guys on what's happening.....NOW. Seems Parker ain't listening or buying into it. He's ready for summer.

Tags
dirk > reality, dirk pwns ur face 4ever!!