Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 07-21-2021, 10:33 AM   #601
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJay View Post
They're not superstars but they're stars. Everyone thinks of a super team with 3 superstars like the Nets those don't happen very often. But just having a superstar and two stars makes you a contender. I wouldn't just assume we're going to get that because that's not easy to obtain either.

My point was if I'm Luka I'm not just going to say "Giannis won and stayed on his team, I'm good I'm staying here no matter what" no, the Mavericks front office have a job to do and if they do it stay if not at some point he's gone and as we've seen with players there comes a point where you don't even blame the player for wanting out. AD wasn't going to win in New Orleans, Dame although older isn't winning in Portland. People blamed KD for joining GS but they didn't blame him for leaving Russ so much. So to me it's not just up to Luka if Luka stays, it's up the Mavs get the right players around him.
They aren't "stars" stop the bullshit. Y'all want to try and change the narrative now because it goes against what y'all have said it takes to win in this league. Y'all said that it takes Two superstars and all this other bullshit. At the end of the day Kawhi Leonard was the only star in Toronto when he won and Giannis is the only star in Milwaukee.....let's cut the bullshit. Give that man his flowers he won his ring and did it without joining another star.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-21-2021, 10:34 AM   #602
JustJay

JustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the rough

Well you're not very smart so it's not surprising that you think one person wins games and championships. You think Trae Young did it alone, you think Giannis did it alone, you think Kawhi did it alone. Simpleton.
JustJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2021, 10:50 AM   #603
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
I didn't have any accounts here before but I'm not surprised you got into with someone else because you're only here to cause trouble and make up shit.
Yeah....what trouble am I causing anyone but you? I can't be concerned with someone in their feelings to the point they can't control their language and can't control how they act to the point they resort to creating burner accounts.

Keep it cordial and I'll do the same...I assume all of us are Mavs fans and are adults so I'd like to think we can conduct ourselves as such. "Trolling" is the game of a child. Play games with your kids not me is all I'm saying.....
Old 07-21-2021, 10:53 AM   #604
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
Well you're not very smart so it's not surprising that you think one person wins games and championships. You think Trae Young did it alone, you think Giannis did it alone, you think Kawhi did it alone. Simpleton.
So by me saying Giannis has a great team and he has no superstars on it...your comprehension skills lead you to me saying he did it alone? Yikes. You're accusing me of saying things I never said....either this is a calculated troll attempt by you or you're not capable of comprehension....and if you aren't that's ok. If you're too stupid to get such a very stupid point that's fine. I don't blame you for that. But if you're "trolling" like you're claiming I'm doing? Then yeah like I said above, play with your kids not me.
Old 07-21-2021, 02:38 PM   #605
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest View Post
They aren't "stars" stop the bullshit. Y'all want to try and change the narrative now because it goes against what y'all have said it takes to win in this league. Y'all said that it takes Two superstars and all this other bullshit. At the end of the day Kawhi Leonard was the only star in Toronto when he won and Giannis is the only star in Milwaukee.....let's cut the bullshit. Give that man his flowers he won his ring and did it without joining another star.
Huh? You started with saying they weren't superstars, but they are absolutely stars. By the very definition they are all-stars, Middleton twice and Jrue once with several all NBA defensive nods.

Why are we getting all defensive over simple terminology. Fact is, Giannis had a couple stars around him playing in their prime. The Mavs were able to get KP but he has been an injured star which doesn't help Luka much if you can't stay on the court, or even be a part of an offseason.
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2021, 03:19 PM   #606
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by saclare View Post
Huh? You started with saying they weren't superstars, but they are absolutely stars. By the very definition they are all-stars, Middleton twice and Jrue once with several all NBA defensive nods.

Why are we getting all defensive over simple terminology. Fact is, Giannis had a couple stars around him playing in their prime. The Mavs were able to get KP but he has been an injured star which doesn't help Luka much if you can't stay on the court, or even be a part of an offseason.
Because no one considered them stars even a month ago… now they are stars to fit a narrative. They are great players..no doubt. I mean can we sit here and say Jrue is a star when he couldn’t hit a layup to save his life? Or Middleton with his disappearing acts? I think they are all solid players. But let’s don’t change the narrative is all I’m saying.
Old 07-21-2021, 03:53 PM   #607
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

IMO they are the definition of borderline stars. But that doesn't matter really, what matters is both Holiday and Middleton played better than KP. So whatever you want to call them whether it's legit star or not or borderline our supporting players aren't on their level or at least didn't perform on that level this last year.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2021, 05:16 PM   #608
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan_Wilson View Post
IMO they are the definition of borderline stars. But that doesn't matter really, what matters is both Holiday and Middleton played better than KP. So whatever you want to call them whether it's legit star or not or borderline our supporting players aren't on their level or at least didn't perform on that level this last year.
KP at this point is barely a #3 and that might be generous….
Old 07-22-2021, 07:31 AM   #609
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
KP at this point is barely a #3 and that might be generous….
This is a little ridiculous. KP's effort in the playoffs was inexcusable, but it might shock you to know that he shot his best FG% of his career and second best 3 pt% last season.

I'm just saying that he is far closer to a productive player than one that is worthless. 7'3 guys that average 20/9 don't grow on trees.

If we got Derozan and KP comes back to form, then you have a very potent one, two, three with Luka.

And that is basically my point when mentioning Giannis and how Luka can do the same thing.

Last edited by DevinHarriswillstart; 07-22-2021 at 07:31 AM.
DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 11:52 AM   #610
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
This is a little ridiculous. KP's effort in the playoffs was inexcusable, but it might shock you to know that he shot his best FG% of his career and second best 3 pt% last season.

I'm just saying that he is far closer to a productive player than one that is worthless. 7'3 guys that average 20/9 don't grow on trees.

If we got Derozan and KP comes back to form, then you have a very potent one, two, three with Luka.

And that is basically my point when mentioning Giannis and how Luka can do the same thing.
So this is the thing....I went down a list of NBA players.....and how many I'd currently right now take over KP.......Some teams had 4 or 5 players I'd take over him. Some teams had 2 or 3....some of those teams weren't even playoff teams.

HEre's a list of the best players.....this was made in December and it ranked KP at 30.....which may be fair at round that time.....

But then I looked and saw who was behind him and if we could right now trade those guys for KP.......

JAylen Brown, Ingram, Kemba Walker, Jrue, Russ, Draymon, Morant, Fox, Van Fleet, Brogdon, Hayward, Smart, Sabonis, SGA, Lavine, Jaren Jackson, Vuc, Conley, Nurkic, Derozen, Aldridge, Covington, Levert, Bogdan, Ayton, Russel, Warren, John Collins, Tobias, Bojan, Turner, Dragic, Gordon, Christian Wood, Anunoby.....gonna stop there becuase I think at that point you're dealing with even some bench guys but I got to 67.......and out of all these guys I'd trade every single one of them for KP EXCEPT Draymon, Mike Conley, Bojan, Bogdnan, Dragic and Nurkic.........

I can't right now say he's a legit #2 just because of his field goal percentage.....he's not dominating games.....feels like he's letting the game come to him.
Old 07-22-2021, 02:58 PM   #611
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
So this is the thing....I went down a list of NBA players.....and how many I'd currently right now take over KP.......Some teams had 4 or 5 players I'd take over him. Some teams had 2 or 3....some of those teams weren't even playoff teams.

HEre's a list of the best players.....this was made in December and it ranked KP at 30.....which may be fair at round that time.....

But then I looked and saw who was behind him and if we could right now trade those guys for KP.......

JAylen Brown, Ingram, Kemba Walker, Jrue, Russ, Draymon, Morant, Fox, Van Fleet, Brogdon, Hayward, Smart, Sabonis, SGA, Lavine, Jaren Jackson, Vuc, Conley, Nurkic, Derozen, Aldridge, Covington, Levert, Bogdan, Ayton, Russel, Warren, John Collins, Tobias, Bojan, Turner, Dragic, Gordon, Christian Wood, Anunoby.....gonna stop there becuase I think at that point you're dealing with even some bench guys but I got to 67.......and out of all these guys I'd trade every single one of them for KP EXCEPT Draymon, Mike Conley, Bojan, Bogdnan, Dragic and Nurkic.........

I can't right now say he's a legit #2 just because of his field goal percentage.....he's not dominating games.....feels like he's letting the game come to him.
KP shot 47.6% from 2 and 37.6% from 3. You’re saying that’s bad?
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2021, 09:39 AM   #612
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPo001 View Post
KP shot 47.6% from 2 and 37.6% from 3. You’re saying that’s bad?
No, the poster I Was replying to said KP put up one of his highest field percentages of his career and I was saying just because he had a high field goal percentage doesn't make him a #2 right now. I think we need better there. Because to me if he's your #2 that must mean Tim Hardaway or someone of his caliber is your #3.
Old 07-23-2021, 10:11 AM   #613
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
No, the poster I Was replying to said KP put up one of his highest field percentages of his career and I was saying just because he had a high field goal percentage doesn't make him a #2 right now. I think we need better there. Because to me if he's your #2 that must mean Tim Hardaway or someone of his caliber is your #3.
So putting up 20/9 in the regular season isn’t good enough to be a #2? We all know he struggled (vanished) in the PO, but it almost seems like it was due to the coaching staff basically telling him to stand in the corner. I still don’t understand why they did that. Seems to me that they should have run the offense through him while Luka was getting a breather on the bench.
Old 07-23-2021, 11:30 AM   #614
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
So putting up 20/9 in the regular season isn’t good enough to be a #2? We all know he struggled (vanished) in the PO, but it almost seems like it was due to the coaching staff basically telling him to stand in the corner. I still don’t understand why they did that. Seems to me that they should have run the offense through him while Luka was getting a breather on the bench.
If I never saw the performance in the playoffs I'd probably even agree with that ranking above that he's probably in the 30th range in the NBA.

And I'd probably even be willing to agree that the coaches used him wrong but I can just go by what I see and I can't if he even enjoys playing here. I think the biggest discouraging thing to me is his lack of post game for his size.......
Old 07-23-2021, 06:00 PM   #615
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

How are people looking at 20/9 in a vacuum as if he wasn't statistically one of the very worst defenders in the league and couldn't stay healthy (and never has)? Considering his shortcomings, I don't think he's a top 100 NBA player, let alone a top 30.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2021, 08:01 PM   #616
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
How are people looking at 20/9 in a vacuum as if he wasn't statistically one of the very worst defenders in the league and couldn't stay healthy (and never has)? Considering his shortcomings, I don't think he's a top 100 NBA player, let alone a top 30.
I hear you man….I didn’t realize how many players I could come up with that I’d rather have….didn’t quite make it to 100 lol…..
Old 07-25-2021, 09:05 PM   #617
JustJay

JustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the rough

Lakers are trying to acquire Buddy Hield with a package involving Kuzma and Caldwell Pope.

They did call it a rumor for now though at the end of the article. But it makes sense since they were 24th in 3 point shooting last season.

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/l...ge-per-report/

Last edited by JustJay; 07-25-2021 at 09:07 PM.
Old 07-25-2021, 10:52 PM   #618
BPo001
Diamond Member

Quote:
Lakers are trying to acquire Buddy Hield with a package involving Kuzma and Caldwell Pope.

They did call it a rumor for now though at the end of the article. But it makes sense since they were 24th in 3 point shooting last season.

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/l...ge-per-report/
What’s in it for the Kings? Buddy is better than both those guys, no?
Old 07-26-2021, 04:09 AM   #619
JustJay

Quote:
Buddy has wanted out of there for awhile. But I think they can get something better.
Old 07-26-2021, 07:15 AM   #620
BPo001
Diamond Member

Quote:
Buddy has wanted out of there for awhile. But I think they can get something better.
I was hoping we would flip THJ for Hield last season, and somehow get Bagley in the process. Doubt THJ would be interested in a SnT to Sacramento now though.
Old 07-26-2021, 11:36 AM   #621
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
Has to be salary relief right? I think people still feel Kuzma still has a high ceiling....its worth noting that all those guys who left LA like Hart, Ball, Ingram, Randle.....all have been better since leaving that city...maybe the same for Kuzma?
Old 07-28-2021, 03:07 PM   #622
Jack.Kerr
Golden Member

Jack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond repute

Report: NBA to Make Rule Change, Disallow Shooters From Leaning Into Defenders for Foul Calls

Loocuh's stock plummeting.
"Here's a guy that thinks that he can win every possession of every game. ... I think part of his maturity is again knowing how to balance all those kill shots with involving teammates at the right time....That's just part of the maturity process. I think as we move forward you'll see more of an inclusive effort overall on those fronts. I do know that their supposed rift, tiff, whatever you want to call it, is way overblown." - Donnie Nelson, ex-Mavs GM
Jack.Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 03:20 PM   #623
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack.Kerr View Post
Along with a lot of other top scorers in the league. Wash at worst, and with Luka's abilities, maybe even a positive. This and the rip thru were long overdue rule changes.

Edit: that last bullet concerning abruptly changing direction including backwards pretty much kills one of CP3's go to moves

Last edited by saclare; 07-28-2021 at 03:21 PM.
Old 07-28-2021, 04:46 PM   #624
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
Along with a lot of other top scorers in the league. Wash at worst, and with Luka's abilities, maybe even a positive. This and the rip thru were long overdue rule changes.

Edit: that last bullet concerning abruptly changing direction including backwards pretty much kills one of CP3's go to moves
Ugh.....CP pisses me off every time he does that move.
Old 07-28-2021, 07:05 PM   #625
JustJay

They took away James Harden's right to make a living.
Old 07-28-2021, 09:01 PM   #626
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

He did that shit in one of the finals games where he stopped and threw himself sideways into the guy (Giannis?) trying to avoid him. And they called the foul on the Bucks player.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 09:13 AM   #627
saclare
Platinum Member

Quote:
Ugh.....CP pisses me off every time he does that move.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post
He did that shit in one of the finals games where he stopped and threw himself sideways into the guy (Giannis?) trying to avoid him. And they called the foul on the Bucks player.
Yup, and glad it won't be exploited since it's a dangerous play for both parties. Imagine if Giannis, in that split second, decided to try and stop on a dime, aggravating his injury or worse. CP3 would have a championship *throw-up*
Old 07-31-2021, 03:21 AM   #628
JustJay

Kuzma and Harrell may be on the move again from Washington. They really only want Caldwell-Pope apparently. LOL Harrell opted in for this.
Old 07-31-2021, 08:25 AM   #629
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Kuzma and Harrell may be on the move again from Washington. They really only want Caldwell-Pope apparently. LOL Harrell opted in for this.
He was lied to. He opted in thinking he was going to Sacramento.

If only we could trade Powell for Harrell. Swear to jeebus if Powell is still on this team next season...ugh.

Old 07-31-2021, 12:01 PM   #630
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
He was lied to. He opted in thinking he was going to Sacramento.

If only we could trade Powell for Harrell. Swear to jeebus if Powell is still on this team next season...ugh.
Trade him to Indiana for Warren or Lamb.

You're Welcome Rick.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 11:49 PM   #631
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

https://mobile.twitter.com/qwik/stat...21732635684867

Dude is an egotist and the literal worst
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2021, 04:43 PM   #632
BPo001
Diamond Member

NBA Central: Brian Windhorst says Ben Simmons playing in front of Sixers fans is a ‘factor’ in him wanting out of Philadelphia “He doesn’t want to be in front of those fans. …I don’t think he intends to ever show his face there again.” (Via @Sirius XM NBA ) pic.twitter.com/Ltt0ccwARf – via Twitter TheNBACentral

Philadelphia 76ers players wanted to travel to Los Angeles this week to meet with Ben Simmons and spend time convincing their All-Star teammate to commit to the 2021-22 season with them, but they were informed not to come and that Simmons did not want to meet, sources tell The Athletic. – via Shams Charania and The Athletic Staff @ The Athletic
Top Rumors, Trade, Ben Simmons, Philadelphia 76ers

This rumor is part of a storyline: 293 more rumors
The core leaders on the 76ers — such as Joel Embiid, Tobias Harris and Matisse Thybulle — and most of the team were set to take a jet to see Simmons before being turned away, sources said. Multiple sources said Simmons didn’t want his teammates, some of whom he considers friends, to make the Philadelphia-to-Los Angeles commute out of courtesy because he won’t change his mind on wanting a trade. – via Shams Charania and The Athletic Staff @ The Athletic
Old 10-08-2021, 10:12 AM   #633
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

So Sixers want 6 picks (3 firsts, 3 swaps) and CJ Mccollum from the Blazers. Not really sure how anyone could side with them at this point. This is typical Morey who is finally being exposed as the trash GM he has always been. Trying to "get back" at Ben with these ridiculous trade demands should be fireable.

Old 10-08-2021, 11:54 AM   #634
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
So Sixers want 6 picks (3 firsts, 3 swaps) and CJ Mccollum from the Blazers. Not really sure how anyone could side with them at this point. This is typical Morey who is finally being exposed as the trash GM he has always been. Trying to "get back" at Ben with these ridiculous trade demands should be fireable.
Hell to the no on that one. More like one pick, CJ and a swap if that. Philly not operations from a position of strength and Simmons desire to actually improve and be a good teammate has to be questioned at this point.
Old 10-08-2021, 01:24 PM   #635
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post
Hell to the no on that one. More like one pick, CJ and a swap if that. Philly not operations from a position of strength and Simmons desire to actually improve and be a good teammate has to be questioned at this point.
But this no longer has anything to do with what kind of player Simmons is. There is no question at all that they wanted to move on and so did he after the playoffs ended.

It all went to the circus when Morey started demanding stupid things. Why? There is no benefit to this other than making you and your franchise look bad. Ben is already eating paychecks to get something done. Had 5 months to get a deal done.

Old 10-08-2021, 02:18 PM   #636
mac222b
Diamond Member

Quote:
But this no longer has anything to do with what kind of player Simmons is. There is no question at all that they wanted to move on and so did he after the playoffs ended.

It all went to the circus when Morey started demanding stupid things. Why? There is no benefit to this other than making you and your franchise look bad. Ben is already eating paychecks to get something done. Had 5 months to get a deal done.
Oh I agree. Just saying that his disposition fits into the calculus of what teams are willing to offer. He seems like an aloof, arrogant dude who hasn’t bothered to work on shooting. He can’t even be bothered TO shoot. Then you’ve got a guy like CJ who is clearly not as physically talented but is a model citizen, wants to be in Portland and can really shoot. I think they’d have to pull the trigger on a straight up swap but as soon as you add other assets I’ll get Portland draws the line real quick.

I still think something involving Siakam makes the most sense, whether it’s a 3 way or Simmons for Siakam + picks. Siakam is starting to age out of Toronto’s new timeline and was a disruption last season and now he’s hurt. He might do well with a change of scenery.

Last edited by mac222b; 10-08-2021 at 02:21 PM.
Old 10-10-2021, 01:56 PM   #637
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Kyrie refuses to get vaxxed which means he can’t play in Brooklyn.

Claims he may retire if traded which means his trade value is zero

Poor Nash.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2021, 02:43 PM   #638
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Kyrie refuses to get vaxxed which means he can’t play in Brooklyn.

Claims he may retire if traded which means his trade value is zero

Poor Nash.
Kyrie should just retire because he doesn't want to play basketball anymore.

Old 10-11-2021, 05:46 AM   #639
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Kyrie should just retire because he doesn't want to play basketball anymore.
I almost think he doesn’t want to get vaxxed, just so he can skip home games. The dude used the capitol riot as an excuse to party. He’s always looking for an excuse to take days off. What are they going to do in the playoffs? I almost don’t put it past him to have a “sudden change of heart” right before the playoffs and get the vaccine.
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2021, 10:10 AM   #640
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshJive View Post
I almost think he doesn’t want to get vaxxed, just so he can skip home games. The dude used the capitol riot as an excuse to party. He’s always looking for an excuse to take days off. What are they going to do in the playoffs? I almost don’t put it past him to have a “sudden change of heart” right before the playoffs and get the vaccine.
And I cannot believe Nash said they expect him not to play homes games with a straight face.

Just mandate the vaccine league wide and be done with it. Enough with this grey area bs.