Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 01-27-2007, 12:26 PM   #1
XERXES
Diamond Member

XERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud of
Default Jericho

I know some of you guys discussed this show in the Heroes thread...but I just started watching it a few weeks ago...burning it onto my ipod and watching it on the treadmill. But, I love it...I just caught up. Any ideas? Any theories? Any fans? Let me hear from you.
Old 01-27-2007, 01:04 PM   #2
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

No theories really...just ready for it to come back. It's better than Heroes in my opinion.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 02:17 PM   #3
mnmpeanut

mnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to all

february 21st....

arghhhhhhh
Old 01-27-2007, 02:33 PM   #4
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Make sure to go watch the "Jericho: Countdown" series... interesting stuff and you get a bit of background history behind Hawkins.

The first few episodes once it comes back will give us background on not only Hawkins but sonwholeftJerichoandseemstoknoweverything.
Old 01-27-2007, 09:59 PM   #5
XERXES
Diamond Member

XERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud of

ok, here's a question:

hawkins, good or evil? and who do you think he works for?
Old 01-29-2007, 10:28 PM   #6
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

i was hoping this was a thread about that wrestler...Jericho..., yeah i have a t-shirt that says im a "jericholic"
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 03:10 PM   #7
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

ok, not a bad show... but if you think heroes is slow right now, with little action, that's the definition of jericho. i want to see a show about what would happen after bombs go off, not a show about a small midwestern town that, aside from the lights being out, act like nothing happened.

i will admit that it started to pick up right before the break (when they went to rogue river), but before that, it was a snoozefest for all but 5 minutes of each show, when they'd have one cool scene revolving around hawkins.
Old 01-30-2007, 07:57 PM   #8
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Jericho has better acting and a better story line.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 08:12 AM   #9
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

Better acting? Surely you can't be considering bearded peyton manning in that description. I'd agree that the show is overacted, not better acted. And I have watched every episode, so it's not like I just stopped watching early. All that being said, it's a decent show. But it has many faults.

I think you are confusing the premise (which is a GREAT premise) with the actual storylines (many of which have been lame - like the wedding episode).

Last edited by Big Boy Laroux; 01-31-2007 at 08:14 AM.
Big Boy Laroux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 06:13 PM   #10
XERXES
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Boy Laroux
Better acting? Surely you can't be considering bearded peyton manning in that description.
Nice.

You know- it's interesting- one of the first things I fell in love with about Jericho was that many issues and questions were resolved quickly. Of course, I'm comparing this to Lost which has told us virtually nothing in 2 and 1/2 years. Comparitively speaking, jericho moves at breakneck speed. Although, it seems thus far their strategy is to make plots move quickly and resolve most items quickly while dragging out the more personal and relational aspects of the overall arc.

just my observation.