Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 11-20-2009, 01:06 PM   #1
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92bDad View Post
So in the off-season, when his contract is up...you wouldn't take a flyer on him...or at least take a look to see what he would be willing to accept?

Who would you rather have off the bench...T-Mac or Tim Thomas? JJB or T-Mac?

I'm not talkin about him as a key starter, but someone who may accept where he is in his career and perhaps be interested enough in winning as a team in the post-season to come in and be a part of a mini 2-3 year dominance run?

I can see where a trade due to salaries would be a bit of a stretch/challenge...but if T-Mac was willing to accept a role-player position with the Mavs and keep the core of the Mavs together, would he be an intriguing addition to the bench rotation?
Why would T-Mac settle for less money to be a bench player in Dallas when he could still earn starter money for a lesser team?

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 01:11 PM   #2
Nowitzki4President

Nowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Why would T-Mac settle for less money to be a bench player in Dallas when he could still earn starter money for a lesser team?
The thing is, what is in T-Macs sights? More money, or a ring? I'd say a ring, or at the very least, getting out of the first round.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowitzki4President View Post
Nowitzki4President is the greatest man to ever live!
Nowitzki4President is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 01:15 PM   #3
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
The thing is, what is in T-Macs sights? More money, or a ring? I'd say a ring, or at the very least, getting out of the first round.
Money is guaranteed, rings aren't...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 01:20 PM   #4
Nowitzki4President

Nowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Money is guaranteed, rings aren't...
I know, but the man is a millionaire. I think he's financially set. He seems really depressed about not going anywhere in the playoffs. On this team, getting out of the first round is guarenteed.

Anyway... If we can atleast turn Carroll, maybe JJB, Singleton, and/or Williams into a good role player, I'm all for that. Doesn't have to be T-Mac. Could be a guy like Bell or something of that sort.

Quote:
Nowitzki4President is the greatest man to ever live!
Nowitzki4President is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fluffy banter