Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 02-27-2003, 11:16 AM   #1
Bookit
Diamond Member

Bookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud of

The Timberwolves just keep winning and winning. They are now 20-4 over their last 24 games. In that stretch they have beaten Portland, Dallas, Detroit, Phoenix, Utah, and San Antonio. They also almost beat the Mavs at home. This will most likely be the year they break through to the second round. Nobody seem to mention them as real title contenders but the ‘Wolves just keep rolling along. Don't discount them as they might do some serious damage in the playoffs and would love to face the Mavs.
Bookit is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-27-2003, 11:22 AM   #2
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

AS long as Nellie insists on playing exclusively small ball in clutch time, who wouldn't want to play the Mavs in the playoffs?
Old 02-27-2003, 11:29 AM   #3
Bookit
Diamond Member

Bookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud of

Yep, you're right. Minnesota is probably licking their chops right now.
Bookit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2003, 12:32 PM   #4
sturm und drang
Golden Member

sturm und drang has a spectacular aura aboutsturm und drang has a spectacular aura aboutsturm und drang has a spectacular aura about

I know Minnesota is good-- and, as you pointed out, underrated-- but I am not scared at all of meeting them in the playoffs. I'd rather see them than Sac, SA, LA, Portland... maybe even Utah.

I think the 'wolves are a team we match up extraordinarily well with. Shut down KG, and you'll win. Hudson can get hot and Wallyworld is pretty good, but I think we can contain this team. And let's not even mention how well Dirk seems to play against them.
Old 02-27-2003, 01:06 PM   #5
senorfrog

senorfrog is on a distinguished road

I'm not worried about the Wolves. They were nearly swept by Utah this year. Last night, they barely held on to beat the fogies. I'd love to match up with them in the first round.
Old 02-27-2003, 05:07 PM   #6
nowitzki_prophecy
Platinum Member

nowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the rough

Timberwolved are OVERATED.
nowitzki_prophecy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2003, 12:55 AM   #7
Kevink00012

Kevink00012 is on a distinguished road

Shouldn't the title of this thread be Kevin Garnett is underrated?
Kevink00012 is offline   Reply With Quote