Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 03-26-2004, 12:31 PM   #1
WildArkieBoy

WildArkieBoy is on a distinguished road
Default Let's Drop to 7th and Play the T'wolves!

What do you think?
Sponsored Links
Old 03-26-2004, 12:35 PM   #2
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future
Default RE:Let's Drop to 7th and Play the T'wolves!

we need to just play the best we can and take whats coming to us like men

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2004, 12:52 PM   #3
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts
Default RE: Let's Drop to 7th and Play the T'wolves!

Yes, the Wolves might be the easiest for the Mavs, but SA still can get the #2 seed.
Old 03-26-2004, 12:53 PM   #4
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future

i actually think that SA, Sacto, and Minny are the best matchups for the mavs. the only team i really dont want to see is LA
aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2004, 12:59 PM   #5
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

Bring on those Laker pansies. I'm not afraid! It's time to shock the world!
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2004, 01:04 PM   #6
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

I've decided worrying about who we match up against gives me a headache. Play it where it lies. The Mavs need to be focused on themselves and how they're playing, not what seed they get, or who they'll meet in the first round.
Old 03-26-2004, 01:05 PM   #7
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

As madape had mentioned a couple of days ago, maybe the Mavs should just drop out of the playoffs and into the lottery.
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2004, 01:21 PM   #8
PubaNWO

PubaNWO is on a distinguished road

1. LA
2. SA
3. Kings
4. Timberwolves

Mavs DO NOT want to play the Timberwolves.....

trust me on this....
PubaNWO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2004, 01:33 PM   #9
stevie_franchise3

stevie_franchise3 is on a distinguished road

Now you guys are wanting to lose so you can play a team that you think you can beat? Has it really gotten that bad? If you are a supposedly contender does it matter who you play? From what I have always heard is that you got to beat the best to be the best right?

Why are you guys so afraid of the Lakers? Do they just have your number? Its a mental thing, right?
People should boo until the Mavs start playing with heart. If they are trying but not living up to potential then they shouldnt be booing. If they are playing heartless basketball people should be booing. ......as stated by EricaLubarsky
stevie_franchise3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2004, 01:34 PM   #10
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: PubaNWO
1. LA
2. SA
3. Kings
4. Timberwolves

Mavs DO NOT want to play the Timberwolves.....

trust me on this....
I would rather see them playing the Lakers, TWolves, SA, or KINGS......than any eastern conference bottom dweller with less that 30 wins. At least Dallas has a chance when they play the "good" teams.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2004, 01:45 PM   #11
Spurs Fan

Spurs Fan is a jewel in the roughSpurs Fan is a jewel in the roughSpurs Fan is a jewel in the roughSpurs Fan is a jewel in the roughSpurs Fan is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally posted by: madape
Bring on those Laker pansies. I'm not afraid! It's time to shock the world!
That is absolutely classic. I love the attitude, my friend. That's exactly how I feel.

AIN'T SKEERED! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Spurs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2004, 02:23 PM   #12
DIRK BRASIL

DIRK BRASIL is on a distinguished road

Actually think that Wolves and Kings are the best matchups for the mavs.

Mavs X Wolves - Mavs in 6 or 7
Old 03-26-2004, 03:10 PM   #13
Richard

Richard is on a distinguished road

I thnk Nellie started giving the "lets drop" option some real consideration about 10 days ago. Not sure who he thinks is the best team to shoot to match up against though. But, I suspect that is why he hasn't been flogging the team harder for their repeated recent let downs.
Richard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2004, 06:00 PM   #14
mavsman55
Platinum Member

mavsman55 has a spectacular aura aboutmavsman55 has a spectacular aura aboutmavsman55 has a spectacular aura about

If they lose on purpose, they aren't contenders and they deserve to lose. Besides, momentum is important and if they go into the playoffs having lost several games in a row, they're done no matter how good they are. Just isn't gonna happen in the playoffs. I like what Dirkenstein said. Just dont worry about who we play, and start focusing on how we play.
mavsman55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2004, 06:50 PM   #15
rakesh.s
Golden Member

rakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally posted by: DIRK BRASIL
Actually think that Wolves and Kings are the best matchups for the mavs.

Mavs X Wolves - Mavs in 6 or 7
i'd sub in the spurs over the kings..wolves are a lock because the mavs can beat them in the uptempo game

i like dallas' chances against SA because of Dirk..duncan dominates on defense in the paint but dirk can bury them from outside..plus you know fin will be fired up against bruce lee bowen

no way should the mavs play the kings in the first round..let them get through one series and then build on that like last year
rakesh.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2004, 07:21 PM   #16
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

mavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally posted by: Murphy3
As madape had mentioned a couple of days ago, maybe the Mavs should just drop out of the playoffs and into the lottery.
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
It would do no good because we traded our pick to celtics for the Point Forward.

Old 03-26-2004, 07:39 PM   #17
MavsFanatik33
Platinum Member

MavsFanatik33 has a spectacular aura aboutMavsFanatik33 has a spectacular aura about

It's stupid to not try to win, all we have to do is pass Memphis, we just may be able to beat the Spurs in a 7 game series....
MavsFanatik33 is offline   Reply With Quote