Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 12-19-2011, 12:29 AM   #1
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Male30Dan View Post
...wouldn't it have added 6? I have him too btw! Friggin lost a point with Suh's block.

We shall see. Philly played us GREAT and looked TERRIFIC today. Rare that you whip someone twice, that is for sure, but I am worried about that game. Luckily it won't matter given Washington's performance.

Worst case, we play NY for winner take all. Best case, we take care of business against Philly and NY loses at, well, NY.
In my league it would have been 5 only, but I didn't lose a point for the block. It's a damn crying shame that Suh blocked it, because I bet it would have set the record. As you said, Janny is STRONG. Even after the block, that ball still went a long way. Hall of Fame kicker?

Yeah, it is great that the Philly game is basically a free swing for us, thanks to our dear friends the Redskins. I don't have a lot of confidence that the Jets will beat the Giants, but it's nice to have the possibility.

I'd like to beat Philly, and I think we have a decent chance to, but I don't mind playing Week 17 as a play-in game. If we're going to go anywhere in the playoffs, we're going to have to get used to winning games like that. I'm still pissed about 2007, when we got the bye and then lost to the Giants. (Yes, Patrick Crayton, I'm looking at you.)
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 01:10 AM   #2
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Wow...just saw that the Eagles aren't out of the division race. That's all we needed...added motivation for them against us.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 05:43 PM   #3
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg View Post
Wow...just saw that the Eagles aren't out of the division race. That's all we needed...added motivation for them against us.
Yeah it sucks, but the Cowboys don't deserve to make the playoffs if they don't beat them.

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 09:43 PM   #4
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

Some serious suckiness tonight. Serious suckiness.
Old 01-01-2012, 09:44 PM   #5
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Terrance Newman. If that guy is a Cowboy next season...

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 09:50 PM   #6
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Terrance Newman. If that guy is a Cowboy next season...
Definitely. The dude has been 180 degrees opposite of a champion tonight.

Last edited by alexamenos; 01-01-2012 at 09:54 PM.
alexamenos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 01:12 PM   #7
ribosoma
Golden Member

ribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond repute

I wonder how many long touchdowns the Cowboys would have given up if they had moved Terence Newman to free safety as some (very few) had suggested in the preseason. Every time a Giant caught the ball in the flat, they were looking to hurdle him because, on the rare occasion that he actually commits to tackling an opponent below the shoulder pads, he doesn't keep his head up to see the player he is attempting to tackle. He has been pathetic for over three years, overpaid, and horribly overvalued by some (very few) fans.

The Cowboys were having to chip the slot receivers with their outside linebackers because T-Old isn't comfortable with jamming receivers anymore. Throughout the season, Newman refused to adjust to the new scheme by being more physical. Rob Ryan actually commented on this a few times this year. If the Cowboys would have simply cut Terence before the season started, there would not have been a conflict of interest with his agent, and Nnamdi would have gone to the team he wanted to play for. So, I suppose this is a collective clusterf#ck between the player and the GM/owner (what's new?).
ribosoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 02:42 PM   #8
Rick Carlisle

Rick Carlisle has a brilliant futureRick Carlisle has a brilliant futureRick Carlisle has a brilliant futureRick Carlisle has a brilliant futureRick Carlisle has a brilliant futureRick Carlisle has a brilliant futureRick Carlisle has a brilliant futureRick Carlisle has a brilliant futureRick Carlisle has a brilliant futureRick Carlisle has a brilliant futureRick Carlisle has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiona198 View Post
This is not only relevant to the thread but contains some great bargains as well! Thanks for posting twice as I didn't see the first post.
Rick Carlisle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 03:14 PM   #9
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiona198 View Post
Starting Strength
Practical Programming
Official Website Reflections in Iron
Interesting haiku

Is this ghost ball??
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote