Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 06-16-2006, 04:22 AM   #961
WraithXx
Diamond Member

WraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locked_Up_Tonight
The Mavs have choked away a series. The Mavs **had** this series. They may still **have** this series. But they wouldn't need to regain this series if they hadn't choked it away to begin with....

That is not overreaction. That is truth. The Mavs just f'd up this entire Finals. They had this Finals won. Then they f'd up by giving Miami momentum. Now Dallas has to gain it back. And it will be hard.
co-sign

except for the it being hard part
Old 06-16-2006, 04:23 AM   #962
WraithXx
Diamond Member

WraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary
Seven fricking points in the fourth quarter..unbelievable.
tell me you're joking? I was too busy being insanely pissed to even bother noticing slash checking the box score

you're joking me right?

7 points...

where's your neighbor's cat when a good punting is needed

FOCK!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-16-2006, 04:25 AM   #963
WraithXx
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
Here is where that winning with your D all falls down.

The normal wisdom is your defense will kick start your offense,

But the Heat have turned things in their tide....by doing nothing and waiting for Dallas to screw up.

Jump Shots = Long Rebounds = Heat Ball = Fast Break = Wade domination

the heat dont have to ever inbound the ball, bc we cant make a jump shot (because jump shots are for chumps, take the ball to the rim EVERY time for gods sake)

Either way, the Mavs offense was actually defeating their own defense all the way down the court....
co-sign

my pen might run out of ink tonight

*searches for more posts to agree with*
Old 06-16-2006, 07:46 AM   #964
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary
Miami had plenty of guys in foul trouble tonight, so I wouldn't exactly say there were no calls at all, BUT they REALLY made sure they got their money's worth every time - the Mavs have got to push back, because we can't expect the next game to be called any differently.
Agree. The Stackhouse foul against Shaq was just about the only highlight of the game for the Mavs.

They need more physical play out of their centers, and I think they're going to need to use Mbenga for a couple of brief stretches to add some fouls.
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 09:44 AM   #965
TripleDipping
Diamond Member

TripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavKikiNYC
Agree. The Stackhouse foul against Shaq was just about the only highlight of the game for the Mavs.

They need more physical play out of their centers, and I think they're going to need to use Mbenga for a couple of brief stretches to add some fouls.
I hate usage of players just for "roughing it up" purposes... but with the way game 4 was played and if it persists, the Mavs have to go for it.

edit:spelling

Last edited by TripleDipping; 06-16-2006 at 09:44 AM.
TripleDipping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 07:45 PM   #966
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavKikiNYC

I also liked when right after Shaq blocked Terry's shot and the ball went all the way to half court, Terry got it back, drove right at Shaq, and then dunked it strong with both hands.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote