Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 06-20-2006, 03:58 PM   #41
Maringa
Golden Member

Maringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to all

During the past few hours or so, I have just decided that I am not going to let the refs bother me with their game calling. It really boils down to whether the Mavericks really want to win this thing, or to go ahead and scapegoat the refs/nba for their own inadequacies in their mental make up. In retrospect - we wouldn't be in this position if they had a championship caliber killer instinct in game 3. Championship teams don't open doors like that, and have mental and emotional breakdowns during the following games. Game 4 - the blow-out showed me how emotional midgets that the Mavs are, and how far they have to go to being dominant. If the Mavs are able to recuperate and win tonight, and win game 7, I will be proud and content that they have won the title, however their will be an asterisk on my mind due to their behavior during their loses. Whatever whininess San Antonio went through is minor compared to what is going on now.

For the Mavs to win tonight, they will need to be up by 20 by halftime. If they have a smaller lead by the end of the 3rd quarter, and they begin to play prevent defense and not attack the basket, Miami will come back and win the game. My prediction: either a blowout win or one-two point loss at the last minute.

Last edited by Maringa; 06-20-2006 at 03:59 PM.
Maringa is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-20-2006, 04:04 PM   #42
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Naw...mavs don't have to be up by twenty.

Mavs get this one baby...I'll be there!!!
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 04:14 PM   #43
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maringa

For the Mavs to win tonight, they will need to be up by 20 by halftime. If they have a smaller lead by the end of the 3rd quarter, and they begin to play prevent defense and not attack the basket, Miami will come back and win the game. My prediction: either a blowout win or one-two point loss at the last minute.
Id love to tell you that thats a bunch of crap.

But...youre probably right. With Wade on the other side, clutch time is not fun for the Mavs. They have to be strong. And if we see that prevent defense again....ugh.

Come on guys!!!

Rise, Dirk you big monster.
Old 06-20-2006, 04:20 PM   #44
SeriousSummer
Golden Member

SeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant future

Mavs win.

Anything else would be like the Lone Ranger losing to the bad guys.
SeriousSummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 04:53 PM   #45
Folterkammer

Folterkammer is just really niceFolterkammer is just really niceFolterkammer is just really niceFolterkammer is just really niceFolterkammer is just really niceFolterkammer is just really niceFolterkammer is just really nice

I BELIEVE!

MAVS IN A BLOWOUT!
Old 06-20-2006, 05:07 PM   #46
NewMexiMav

NewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to behold

Mavs will be laser-beam focused tonight. Neither refs nor Heat will rattle or distract them from the prize at hand. All the blood and guts, trials and tribulations, hard work and toil of this monumental season comes down to two games in our beloved AAC. Tonight is the beginning. The prelude. The tone setter. Four quarters of excellence, 48 minutes of dominance, and victory for our heroes.
NewMexiMav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 05:13 PM   #47
samoan-maverickII

samoan-maverickII is a name known to allsamoan-maverickII is a name known to allsamoan-maverickII is a name known to allsamoan-maverickII is a name known to allsamoan-maverickII is a name known to allsamoan-maverickII is a name known to allsamoan-maverickII is a name known to allsamoan-maverickII is a name known to allsamoan-maverickII is a name known to allsamoan-maverickII is a name known to allsamoan-maverickII is a name known to all

I am not going to watch this game. But I have prayed everyday, tried my damn superstitions over and over. Mine is however i watch a Mavs win. I try to watch it the same way and do everything I did that day again. I havent cried in a long time but if i watch this and we lose that will be broken. All of you Mavs fans please cheer your asses off. MFFL!
Mavs Win.

-samoan-maverick
Old 06-20-2006, 05:38 PM   #48
Hitman
Golden Member

Hitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to all

Does anyone know where I can find that NBA commercial about how "it is not about never falling, it is about getting up?" or somesuch as that? The one that featured the Mavs?

I need to watch that a few times before the game tonight.

Put Your Brand On Everyone's Lips: http://www.java-ads.com
Hitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 06:26 PM   #49
GermanB'Baller

GermanB'Baller is on a distinguished road

Mavs win this one....Ready for game 7?
Old 06-20-2006, 06:28 PM   #50
irontoad
Golden Member

irontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to all

KICK SOME F*ING ASS, MAVS!!!
Old 06-20-2006, 06:29 PM   #51
The Crippler
Diamond Member

The Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant future

just play ball like we've seen all year and the mavs win. we are the better team and the better team wins 7 game series'
"I say 'Hey Lama, how about a little something ya know', for the effort?' And he says 'oh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that going for me...which is nice."
The Crippler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 06:37 PM   #52
ilMavvento

ilMavvento is a jewel in the roughilMavvento is a jewel in the roughilMavvento is a jewel in the roughilMavvento is a jewel in the rough

I'm looking forward to some free-wheeling, F'em basketball tonight from the Mavs. Forget about executing perfectly, forget about who's on Miami, forget about the refs. Go out, have fun, and let your talent shine through.

Go Mavs.
ilMavvento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 06:46 PM   #53
Locked_Up_Tonight
Platinum Member

Locked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to behold

Dallas loses a heartbreaker on some Wade play that is/isn't B.S.

The Mavs have been Sterned in this series.

(I never knew how the Kings felt in 2002. But now I know.
Old 06-20-2006, 06:51 PM   #54
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

GO MAVS!!!
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 07:01 PM   #55
Syracuse Mavs Fan

Syracuse Mavs Fan is on a distinguished road

I am the caretaker of a Cathedral in Syracuse. I have lit all the candles in the Chapel, I have said my prayers. It's on. God is a Mavs fan. I know because he told me!

DO it!
Syracuse Mavs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 07:09 PM   #56
jleefilled
Platinum Member

jleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant future

I would like to see Benga deliver a hard elbow to the Steve Francis-clone's head. Shack would get all riled up and get himself tossed out. It would be a beautiful scene.
jleefilled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 07:10 PM   #57
NewMexiMav

NewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syracuse Mavs Fan
I am the caretaker of a Cathedral in Syracuse. I have lit all the candles in the Chapel, I have said my prayers. It's on. God is a Mavs fan. I know because he told me!
Bless you, Syracuse Mavs Fan!
NewMexiMav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 07:42 PM   #58
big_pth
Diamond Member

big_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locked_Up_Tonight
Dallas loses a heartbreaker on some Wade play that is/isn't B.S.

The Mavs have been Sterned in this series.

(I never knew how the Kings felt in 2002. But now I know.
Don't take this the wrong way, but GO THE HELL AWAY. You have made up your mind and that is that. Good for you. NOW GO AWAY. Go to your beer or other booze and be pissed and get your pissy comebacks and posts ready for 2006-2007 season. The rest of us here are hoping that this aint over yet. I promise, you will not be missing much. And we will not miss you at all.
big_pth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 07:46 PM   #59
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Can ABC hang off Wade's nuts any harder? Pathetic.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 07:47 PM   #60
bigdgridiron

bigdgridiron has a spectacular aura aboutbigdgridiron has a spectacular aura about

I have grown to despise the ESPN-type mentality and coverage of sports these days...

How much bullshit is this Wade/Jordan comparison?

Dude hasn't won jack yet, and even if he does, he has quite a few more rings to go...

What disrespect to the best player to ever play...
bigdgridiron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 07:48 PM   #61
Drbio
Banned

big_pth- don't let your blood pressure rise too much. Bayliss..aka Locked_up_Tonight has always been a defeatist codependent quitter. If we fall behind early in the game he will throw up his hands and pee in his diaper like always. It's been that way for a long while now. It just isn't worth it.
Old 06-20-2006, 07:50 PM   #62
Locked_Up_Tonight
Platinum Member

Locked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Don't take this the wrong way, but GO THE HELL AWAY. You have made up your mind and that is that. Good for you. NOW GO AWAY. Go to your beer or other booze and be pissed and get your pissy comebacks and posts ready for 2006-2007 season. The rest of us here are hoping that this aint over yet. I promise, you will not be missing much. And we will not miss you at all.
I don't have any effect one way or the other regarding this series.

And last time I checked, we as Mav posters can have differing opinions on basketball.

Whether my opinion lines up with others matters none.
Old 06-20-2006, 07:52 PM   #63
Drbio
Banned

One question.....Huggies or Depends Bayliss?
Old 06-20-2006, 07:54 PM   #64
Locked_Up_Tonight
Platinum Member

Quote:
big_pth- don't let your blood pressure rise too much. Bayliss..aka Locked_up_Tonight has always been a defeatist codependent quitter. If we fall behind early in the game he will throw up his hands and pee in his diaper like always. It's been that way for a long while now. It just isn't worth it.
Yep.
Old 06-20-2006, 07:55 PM   #65
Syracuse Mavs Fan

Are we more excited to see the Mavs win, or the Heat lose?
Old 06-20-2006, 07:55 PM   #66
Locked_Up_Tonight
Platinum Member

Quote:
One question.....Huggies or Depends Bayliss?
I feel Huggies gives more support around the thighs... but Depends has more absorption.
Old 06-20-2006, 07:57 PM   #67
Syracuse Mavs Fan

No Huggies, No Depends, Wrap a Dallas Mavs Towel around that Sh.t
Old 06-20-2006, 07:58 PM   #68
Locked_Up_Tonight
Platinum Member

I would feel more excited to see Miami lose. I can't stand them. Every single one of their players. Not a damn one of them deserves a ring. Alonzo Mourning cheated his way out of Toronto. Shaquille O'Neal has always been a big clown in press conferences. And of course the disgrace of Game 2 after the game. Gary Payton is a very poor tag along. Jason Williams is a flashy piece of crap who cares nothing about winning. (Or at least he used to not.) Dwyane Wade is a drama queen who has to be airlifted to the damn arena before every game.

They don't deserve to win the NBA Finals. But Stern in Game 3 and Game 5 decided they were going to win the series.
Old 06-20-2006, 08:00 PM   #69
Syracuse Mavs Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locked_Up_Tonight
I would feel more excited to see Miami lose. I can't stand them. Every single one of their players. Not a damn one of them deserves a ring. Alonzo Mourning cheated his way out of Toronto. Shaquille O'Neal has always been a big clown in press conferences. And of course the disgrace of Game 2 after the game. Gary Payton is a very poor tag along. Jason Williams is a flashy piece of crap who cares nothing about winning. (Or at least he used to not.) Dwyane Wade is a drama queen who has to be airlifted to the damn arena before every game.

They don't deserve to win the NBA Finals. But Stern in Game 3 and Game 5 decided they were going to win the series.
Yeah I want Miami to Lose.
Old 06-20-2006, 08:01 PM   #70
Stylistic
Golden Member

Stylistic is a glorious beacon of lightStylistic is a glorious beacon of lightStylistic is a glorious beacon of lightStylistic is a glorious beacon of lightStylistic is a glorious beacon of lightStylistic is a glorious beacon of lightStylistic is a glorious beacon of light

It's great to see our arena again folks. It really really is. We've only been gone for 1 week and it looks better than ever inside.
Stylistic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 08:03 PM   #71
bigdgridiron

bigdgridiron has a spectacular aura aboutbigdgridiron has a spectacular aura about

I hope Dallas holds Wade under 20 tonight...single digits would be even better...
Old 06-20-2006, 08:03 PM   #72
Syracuse Mavs Fan

I hate Dwayne Wade, but what if he was wearing a Mavs uniform, would it be a good thing?
Old 06-20-2006, 08:07 PM   #73
bigdgridiron

Barbershop quartet for the National Anthem?

Is that to prepare the Heat for the short haircut they're about to receive?
Old 06-20-2006, 08:08 PM   #74
4cwebb
Golden Member

4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light

Wade has put his stamp on this series in the last three games, and now he's the next Jordan? Nah. Series ain't over, and now that the Mavs are back in Dallas, it's time to refresh the national media's memory about just how average Wade looked in the first two games.

Conversely, it's time for Dirk to kick for the home stretch, dominate this game (and the next), bring home the NBA Finals MVP, and complete his rise to the top of the pack. It starts tonight.
4cwebb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 08:08 PM   #75
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Man, am I nervous. Man.

Let's go, Mavs. Let's put the last three behind us. Forget Game Five, in particular. That was NOT our best effort, our last shot. We build on that here, and take back what is rightfully ours.

Play with reckless abandon. Play with an assassin's mentality. Go for the kill, early and often. No margin of victory could possibly be large enough. Beat them in every way possible.

And above all else, leave it all on the court. The season could end tonight if you don't. All hands on deck, and all guns locked and loaded.

Let's go claim what it's rightfully ours!
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 08:08 PM   #76
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

SaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud of

Of course it would be a good thing. We'd have an inside-outside combo that couldn't be stopped. Especially with the refs helping us out along the way.

But, that's not the case. We have to go out with our boys tonight. We will do it, and we will win.

SaltwaterChaffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 08:09 PM   #77
Syracuse Mavs Fan

Anybody notice all the whistle blows at the beginning of the music for the Mavs lineup?
Old 06-20-2006, 08:10 PM   #78
Dirk France

Dirk France is on a distinguished road

GO MAVS !

Dirk France is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 08:10 PM   #79
Syracuse Mavs Fan

I'm pumped!
Old 06-20-2006, 08:10 PM   #80
Stylistic
Golden Member

Stylistic is a glorious beacon of lightStylistic is a glorious beacon of lightStylistic is a glorious beacon of lightStylistic is a glorious beacon of lightStylistic is a glorious beacon of lightStylistic is a glorious beacon of lightStylistic is a glorious beacon of light

Did he say Josh is in his 5th NBA season?
Stylistic is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
please dont bump