Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Dallas-Mavs.com Stuff

Old 08-27-2003, 09:15 PM   #1
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

mavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of light
Default Is it possible to change screen name?

Just wondering if the screen name/username could be changed.
Old 08-28-2003, 04:56 PM   #2
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of
Default Is it possible to change screen name/username?

what name do you want now?
Old 08-28-2003, 06:26 PM   #3
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally posted by: smile_at_me10
what name do you want now?
MavsFanForever. Just for getting us more confused with MFF.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 09-05-2003, 11:55 PM   #4
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

I want to change my name too.

What was the name that Homer Simpson changed his name to?
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2003, 12:43 AM   #5
Mandyahl
Diamond Member

Mandyahl will become famous soon enoughMandyahl will become famous soon enough
Default RE: Is it possible to change screen name/username?

haha max power i think, mffl. is that what you are talking about? classic episode.
Old 10-08-2003, 08:49 AM   #6
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

mavsfanforever, are you reconsidering your ties to the mavs?
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2003, 12:24 PM   #7
Psychedelic Fuzz
Platinum Member

Psychedelic Fuzz is on a distinguished road

how about mavsfanuntiltheystarttosuckorsomethingbettercomesa long.
has a nice ring to it imho.

Psychedelic Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2003, 03:45 PM   #8
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

Quote:
Originally posted by: Mandyahl
haha max power i think, mffl. is that what you are talking about? classic episode.
Don't forget the "Cape Fear" episode where they went in the witness protection program. Homer was Homer Thompson. But it also had the famous line "Ooh! I wanna be John Elway!"
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2003, 03:47 PM   #9
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: Dooby
Quote:
Don't forget the "Cape Fear" episode where they went in the witness protection program. Homer was Homer Thompson. But it also had the famous line "Ooh! I wanna be John Elway!"
You know what? Curious, but MFFL posted to 9999 then stopped. Then yesterday a new poster with the name of Max Power shows up.

Coincidence?
Old 10-14-2003, 04:59 PM   #10
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally posted by: u2sarajevo
Quote:
Originally posted by: Dooby
Quote:
You know what? Curious, but MFFL posted to 9999 then stopped. Then yesterday a new poster with the name of Max Power shows up.

Coincidence?

U2 I didn't know that you were into conspiracy theories.
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 10-14-2003, 11:31 PM   #11
Max Power
Banned

Max Power is on a distinguished road

Definitely a conspiracy theory.
Max Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2003, 03:00 PM   #12
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

I was thinking the same thing U2. I didn't make the MFFL connection but this is Max Power’s 5th post.

Quote:
I say kill the word association thread to start a new one. The one that's here is so long that it has to be tying up bandwidth. This and that are fun and should stay around. The good morning and good night could go away.

But I'm on board with U2 on this issue. Why are we so concerned with the number of bad threads? The lounge should be fun and a lot of those threads were fun. I personally don't find much use for the "your favorite music, book, or movie" threads but I don't think they should be banned. I hate it when politics are being argued here because of how poorly most people debate. Things are taken WAAAY too personally and the opinions are too charged to allow a different viewpoint to be voiced.
Sounds like someone in tuned with the board. I guess this explains it.

Old 10-17-2003, 12:19 AM   #13
Max Power
Banned

Max Power is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by: dirno2000
I was thinking the same thing U2. I didn't make the MFFL connection but this is Max Power’s 5th post.

Quote:
I say kill the word association thread to start a new one. The one that's here is so long that it has to be tying up bandwidth. This and that are fun and should stay around. The good morning and good night could go away.

But I'm on board with U2 on this issue. Why are we so concerned with the number of bad threads? The lounge should be fun and a lot of those threads were fun. I personally don't find much use for the "your favorite music, book, or movie" threads but I don't think they should be banned. I hate it when politics are being argued here because of how poorly most people debate. Things are taken WAAAY too personally and the opinions are too charged to allow a different viewpoint to be voiced.
Sounds like someone in tuned with the board. I guess this explains it.
Pure coincidence I assure you.
Max Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2003, 09:54 AM   #14
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold
Default RE:Is it possible to change screen name/username?

Was it ever determined that members could/couldn't apply for a legal name change?

In light of recent events, I am considering dropping a component of my name in protest.
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2003, 04:15 PM   #15
kingrex
Platinum Member

kingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the rough

Just to close out this thread, can someone answer the question on the topic line?
kingrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2003, 04:18 PM   #16
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: kingrex
Just to close out this thread, can someone answer the question on the topic line?
No.
Old 11-10-2003, 04:38 PM   #17
kingrex
Platinum Member

kingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Quote:
No.
Now was that so hard.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 11-10-2003, 05:24 PM   #18
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
No.
Now was that so hard.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Ummmm... No. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 11-10-2003, 05:52 PM   #19
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts
Default RE: Is it possible to change screen name/username?

Quote:
Is it possible to change screen name/username?
It is not possible I think, more as a policy than a software limitation. You also could sign in with other nick -account- but also I have seen that it is considered a troll-ism.

Old 11-18-2003, 03:18 PM   #20
kingrex
Platinum Member

why would you want more than one username?
Old 11-18-2003, 04:17 PM   #21
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
why would you want more than one username?
The most common reason would be to cause trouble without being held accountable for it.

Old 11-18-2003, 04:32 PM   #22
kingrex
Platinum Member

If you get banned by the mods, how easy would it be to just make another username?
Old 11-18-2003, 04:35 PM   #23
LRB
Guru

I could tell you, but the I'd have to ... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Seriously there are measure that we can take as modes to insure that this doen't happen, but like most things in life nothing is 100% foolproof.
Old 11-18-2003, 04:43 PM   #24
kingrex
Platinum Member

got it. just thought i'd ask for future reference. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-18-2003, 06:45 PM   #25
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
got it. just thought i'd ask for future reference. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
cuz King wants to cause trouble[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2003, 10:32 AM   #26
kingrex
Platinum Member

my middle name is trouble. king "trouble" rex