Old 11-20-2003, 10:24 AM   #1
Max Power
Banned

Max Power is on a distinguished road
Default Will the moderator who did this please correct it

Quote:
fruitloopin' (mod edit - naughty words)
Now this is going too far.

I understand editing bad language on the board - I really do. But this is a HISTORICAL QUOTE by a man who is more famous (or infamous) than anyone on this board will ever be.

Please restore the original text.

From the "LBJ and the Kennedy Assassination" thread.
Max Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-20-2003, 01:36 PM   #2
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future
Default RE:Will the moderator who did this please correct it

i don't know who did it, but it would have been far easier to PM somebody.
aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2003, 01:59 PM   #3
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

agreed that a PM would work fine, and also agreed that it shouldn't have been edited in the first place.

of course, i've never had a problem with "bad" words in general. my view on it is that this is an adult message board, although we do have some younger members and some females and as a result should always strive to show courtesy. However, we do not have a blanket policy against any single arrangement of letters that happens to be "bad."
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2003, 04:00 PM   #4
kingrex
Platinum Member

kingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the rough

Down with censorship. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
kingrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2003, 04:59 PM   #5
Max Power
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by: aexchange
i don't know who did it, but it would have been far easier to PM somebody.
Why?

Should I pm every moderator so that way it would have went to the right moderator? Or should I have just sent a pm to dj?
Old 11-20-2003, 11:39 PM   #6
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

You could PM any of us. I changed it back. We do not have a strict policy against the use of expletives and I will therefore not allow blanket censorship of one or more particular "special" words, when it's clearly used in an acceptable manner such as this.
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2003, 12:04 AM   #7
Max Power
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by: Rhylan
You could PM any of us. I changed it back. We do not have a strict policy against the use of expletives and I will therefore not allow blanket censorship of one or more particular "special" words, when it's clearly used in an acceptable manner such as this.
Thank you. I was really enjoying the thought provoking material when I came across that edit. It literally ruined the post for me. I couldn't imagine a youngster reading that entire post and still being shocked to find an f-bomb.

Thank you again for correcting this and I will pm moderators in the future.
Old 11-28-2003, 10:50 AM   #8
kingrex
Platinum Member

kingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the rough

Nicely resolved mods.
kingrex is offline   Reply With Quote