Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Dallas-Mavs.com Stuff

Old 02-03-2004, 09:15 AM   #1
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point
Default What the hell is going on ?

I keep getting the following message when I access the site the last couple of days. It doesn't happen on everything, but rather on specific threads and the lounge?

Forum Error
An error has occurred. If you wish to notify the administrator please click here.
To go back to the main forum page please click here.

ERROR INFORMATION:
ODBC Error Code = S1000 (General error)

[MySQL][ODBC 3.51 Driver][mysqld-3.23.58-log]Lost connection to MySQL server during query

Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-03-2004, 10:00 AM   #2
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts
Default RE: What the hell is going on ?

Me too.

Also for the PM's.

Old 02-03-2004, 02:44 PM   #3
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

At least you're able to access the board. I've been getting the ''server is down/broken'' error. It's not for an hour or something reasonable, it's for a day at a time. I finally log in this morning only to find these new messages.

I was able to post in the game day thread and then I was getting those new messages before it told me that server was down.

Has anyone notified the administrator or emailed DJ??
Old 02-03-2004, 02:47 PM   #4
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:What the hell is going on ?

Sorry guys but we've been having major server problems. My admin plans on moving the site over to another box soon, but once that happens we will lose some functionality (notably, the chat room, which isn't used much anyway).
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2004, 06:15 PM   #5
kingrex
Platinum Member

kingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the rough

thank the Lord, I'm not having problems, but then again maybe you've already fixed the problem. Go DjB!

(I know I'm sucking up a little). [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]
kingrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 05:34 PM   #6
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

hit and miss all day.....

kingrex- do you realize that you posted last in basically every freaking thread in this section?
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 06:48 PM   #7
kingrex
Platinum Member

kingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the rough

I try to contribute in all categories, so I usually have at least one post in each category. However, I had no idea I was the last poster on most of the threads on this category. Hmm, weird.
Old 03-03-2004, 03:05 PM   #8
atheos
Administrator

atheos has disabled reputation

The site was moved over to a new box a while back, and I just now pointed over the DNS to the new box.
Nothing functionality will change (like chat) and the only difference anyone will see, is that the site
won't be going down like it has been.
atheos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2004, 03:06 PM   #9
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: Atheos
The site was moved over to a new box a while back, and I just now pointed over the DNS to the new box.
Nothing functionality will change (like chat) and the only difference anyone will see, is that the site
won't be going down like it has been.
Thank you Atheos... not familiar with you but thanks for the info!
Old 03-03-2004, 03:18 PM   #10
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

Atheos is THE MAN [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 05:30 PM   #11
kingrex
Platinum Member

Atheos is the man behind the curtain.
Old 03-04-2004, 08:18 PM   #12
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts

Atheos is Cuban.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 03-05-2004, 04:05 PM   #13
kingrex
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: Chiwas
Atheos is Cuban.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
I had my suspicion. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 03-11-2004, 04:28 AM   #14
twelli
Diamond Member

twelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant future

"The most users ever online was 245, on Saturday March 06, 2004 at 6:44 PM."

What the hell happened on that particular day? Must have been before the Spurs game. In the third quarter the number was probably down to 30 again...

If we lead in Sacto after the 3rd, we might break 250!

No wait! The Spurs game was on the 5th. Something is fishy here...

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

“He’s always around 23 or 24,” West said. “The bell rings every day.”
twelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2004, 07:50 PM   #15
atheos
Administrator

atheos has disabled reputation

I'll post here, before someone else beats me to it.
Site was down, cause the database was corrupt for
some unknown reason. I don't know when this happend,
cause I only check the site once every day or so.
All I can say is Sorry!
atheos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2004, 01:00 PM   #16
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry isnt good enough, see!!!

Dont let it happen again, see!!!

Or else you will get whacked, see!!!

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Sorry, thats the Pacino in me!
Old 03-22-2004, 02:05 PM   #17
kingrex
Platinum Member

Say hello to my little friend.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-22-2004, 03:23 PM   #18
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Have you noticed that it is 100 percent impossible to read that line without reading in the voice Pacino used in scarface!!!

Sa halo to my lille fran!

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]